Does it make any difference by choosing i9 9900kf over i9 9900k

Hi i was just going through the product and then this question came into my head is it really worth buying i9 9900K for 50000 Rs (apprx 704.68 USD) and not buy i9 9900KF which is for 38500 Rs (apprx 542.60 USD).

I know i9 9900k has got integrated graphic but is it that important, that is my question.

Please comment below so that i know the importnace if there is any.

Get the KF! That price difference is huge. Who needs integrated graphics anyway.. Guess you plan using a dedicated gpu, then integrated graphics is useless and disabled. For testing it's ok or if you are building a small machine that doesn't need the graphic horsepower.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

Get the KF! That price difference is huge. Who needs integrated graphics anyway.. 

I am not buying any though but in future if i would buy them i would want if there is anything else I am missing about them.

Get the KF! That price difference is huge. Who needs integrated graphics anyway.. 

People who want to use the Quicksync functionality of their Intel CPU.

The difference between the 2 CPU options is the iGPU being there or not, the price and as I have heard, the KF can be overclocked a little easier.

If you will use the Quicksync function (e.g. through rendering in Adobe Premiere), the K is the way to go. Other the KF.

Or a 3900X, if you can get your hands on it.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Moved to CPUs, Motherboards, and Memory.

There are some tasks that can utilise the integrated graphics to improve performance. Some editing software can use the integrated graphics to accelerate it. It's also really useful if you are doing CPU intensive tasks and won't benefit from having a dedicated graphics card.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Moved to CPUs, Motherboards, and Memory.

There are some tasks that can utilise the integrated graphics to improve performance. Some editing software can use the integrated graphics to accelerate it. It's also really useful if you are doing CPU intensive tasks and won't benefit from having a dedicated graphics card.

Yes but if you got a dedicated nvidia card for example would you not use that instead?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

This 

Just now, DoctorNick said:

Yes but if you got a dedicated nvidia card for example would you not use that instead?

Correct me if i am wrong but then having an integrated graphics and a separate graphics will have a bit of a difference in its performance. (I may be wrong about it)

3 minutes ago, minibois said:

People who want to use the Quicksync functionality of their Intel CPU.

The difference between the 2 CPU options is the iGPU being there or not, the price and as I have heard, the KF can be overclocked a little easier.

If you will use the Quicksync function (e.g. through rendering in Adobe Premiere), the K is the way to go. Other the KF.

Or a 3900X, if you can get your hands on it.

You have a point

You're not using the iGPU for display functionality, you're using it for hardware acceleration to achieve this kind of ludicrous performance bump in selected scenarios:

Spoiler

image.png.5b7c7d559930c2d2bf83d4ee07cbc87b.png

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

$100 more for an integrated gpu, you can buy a better gpu for the same price.

That is if you're not using quicksync.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

16 minutes ago, Princess Luna said:

You're not using the iGPU for display functionality, you're using it for hardware acceleration to achieve this kind of ludicrous performance bump in selected scenarios:

Hide contents

image.png.5b7c7d559930c2d2bf83d4ee07cbc87b.png

CUDA acceleration. I guess quicksync is better then? 

FS in Denmark/EU:

2 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

CUDA acceleration

Quicksync works alongside CUDA where it's supported, you're not choosing one or the other:

4_m22-review.png

The blue bar is the i7 8700K rendering with both CUDA + Quicksync while the red bar is CUDA only and at the bottom you see what happens when you eliminate CUDA.

So you can stack it up, defeating your argument.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Here the difference is 25 bucks, so I don't know who would want the KF. Even if you have no use for QuickSync you'll be happy to have a backup iGPU one day should your graphics card have issues or for troubleshooting. For $150 it's different though, but in OP's case the 9900K is just being way overpriced by whatever seller he's been looking at.

I just precisely went with a 9900K for my mini-ITX build instead of AMD in order to have an iGPU the few days I'll need to remove the GPU temporarily to use another pcie card. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Integrated graphics is nice to have but if it means that much of a price premium I would go with the KF. I can’t get over that price, I can go to my local Micro Center and pick up a 9900k for $450 + tax.

6 hours ago, Akshay Patil said:

@Wh0_Am_1 

I think you would this answer well.so adding you in this conversation.

There are programs which are accelerated by Intel HD graphics as was mentioned earlier in this conversation, but generally speaking at the moment it is not worth the price bump from the KF especially in with how you specified that you would be using this computer for software development, as I imagine that the programs that you will be working with will not be optimized to take advantage of the Intel HD graphics. At that price you could likely just pickup a used or new backup GPU with better overall performance, not to mention the fact that the iGPU may to some small extent slow down the rest of the processor in intensive applications that can't take advantage of it. In the end I would recommend going the KF route or picking up that 3800x that I included in the previous build that I recommended to you.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

10 hours ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

There are programs which are accelerated by Intel HD graphics as was mentioned earlier in this conversation, but generally speaking at the moment it is not worth the price bump from the KF especially in with how you specified that you would be using this computer for software development, as I imagine that the programs that you will be working with will not be optimized to take advantage of the Intel HD graphics. At that price you could likely just pickup a used or new backup GPU with better overall performance, not to mention the fact that the iGPU may to some small extent slow down the rest of the processor in intensive applications that can't take advantage of it. In the end I would recommend going the KF route or picking up that 3800x that I included in the previous build that I recommended to you.

Yes I am going for ur Config that u said. This was just a question in my mind that i had. I am not going to go for intel any soon.

On 10/24/2019 at 11:59 PM, Akshay Patil said:

Yes I am going for ur Config that u said. This was just a question in my mind that i had. I am not going to go for intel any soon.

Ok, good to know, I hope you enjoy the config!

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

On 10/26/2019 at 1:54 PM, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Ok, good to know, I hope you enjoy the config!

Yet to be delivered to me. I hope it comes soon.