[EOL] PSU Tier List rev. 14.8

LukeSavenije
Message added by Spotty

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

@erek @seasoniclover @Juular Quite a few new people popped up mentioning they have the problem and are in RMA curretly on the overclock forum ( Is it ok to link other forums ?)

https://www.overclock.net/threads/seasonic-850-prime-ultra-titanium-power-cycles-ocp-with-3090.1794053/

So far all of them seem to have/had pre-oneseasonic Prime/Prime Ultra Titanium and Platinum, and not the new TX/PX ones that are on the market after Q3 2019. https://seasonic.com/oneseasonic

the one 6900 XT was Asrock OC Formula

@Dogzilla07I wish Seasonic actually said something to confirm or deny that, chances are after the RMA Seasonic just sends them the new units because that's what they have lying around and modify them to disable 12V-sense or filter out the noise. Regardless, at this point i don't care. Seasonic Prime units aren't particularly good in the first place, for their price tag at least and playing the gamble with them absolutely doesn't worth it, so i'll just keep things as is. I'd split off <=750W GX/PX to normal priority subtier tho since they're Focus and shouldn't have this issue.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

11 hours ago, Juular said:

Uh, can't say for sure, depends on the SKU probably, i would recommend looking for a different unit anyway. But if you already have it then try it out, if it doesn't work out then ask Seasonic to send you 'fixed' cables (without 12V-sense i assume) or just disconnect it yourself.

i opted for the SF-1600F14HT just now instead of those Seasonic PRIMEs

My 8 month-old PX-1000 just tripped few days ago while I was running F@H.

Gpu is undervolted Gigabyte 3090.

Intel I7-10700KF stock - Noctua NH-D15 - A15+A12x25 

Micron Ballistix Sport LT 4133MHz CL17-21-21-40 @1.45v

GIGABYTE AORUS 3090 Xtreme 1905MHz@0.919v/2010MHz@1.063v +900/750 memory clock

Seasonic PX-1000

Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh 

10 hours ago, Algebruh said:

My 8 month-old PX-1000 just tripped few days ago while I was running F@H.

Gpu is undervolted Gigabyte 3090.

And?

9 minutes ago, erek said:

do you think my problem is PSU related or something else?

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/voltage-droop-enough-to-be-concerned-with.286392/

Please make a new thread for your PSU problems. The Tier list is not the place to ask questions to troubleshoot your issues. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just so you know, Aerocool Cylon is misspelled as Cyclon. Don't usually correct people's spelling but I know a lot of people will be CTR+Fing on this page so I thought you'd like to know. 

Btw, really helpful list 🙂

18 hours ago, Jon Franklin said:

Just so you know, Aerocool Cylon is misspelled as Cyclon. Don't usually correct people's spelling but I know a lot of people will be CTR+Fing on this page so I thought you'd like to know.

Thanks, added to the changelog.

Hi, two quick questions, if you know:

1. are EVGA G6 (P6) still in the Low Priority because there are only two (Aris') reviews? 

2. could you clarify what EVGA P3 is, is that the G3/SFLeadexII platinum version? [edit: it's not even on EVGA's website, you can't find it - looks like it has the same "new" style of packaging as the G6/P6, but it's not on EVGA's website!? seems like it shouldn't be the G3 on Platinum steroids...]

https://www.newegg.com/evga-supernova-p3-220-p3-1000-x1-1000w/p/N82E16817438228?Item=N82E16817438228

2 hours ago, DarthFK said:

are EVGA G6 (P6) still in the Low Priority because there are only two (Aris') reviews?

Because at the time of the last update there were no reviews.

2 hours ago, DarthFK said:

could you clarify what EVGA P3

Dammit, EVGA are really going to release all these new random G/P/T series after all. No idea really, looks like either CWT or HEC, but EVGA doesn't work with CWT AFAIK, so it must be HEC then, in any case - avoid it until reviews come out. Nvm, it's HEC after all, still avoid until reviews come out (or rather since they wouldn't come out because it's EVGA).

Hey Guys 😄

Just asking if the refreshes of the Seasonic focus line (GX | GM | PX ) models really did resolve the issue with the rtx 3080/90 and other powerful cards (eg. 6900xt) transient power spikes, just curious cuz I bought one last week mainly the GX-750w😅 I'd be upgrading to a 3080 soon so I'm really not sure if I want to get one if the problem still persist😅

Thank you!

6 hours ago, Juular said:

Because at the time of the last update there were no reviews.

Dammit, EVGA are really going to release all these new random G/P/T series after all. No idea really, looks like either CWT or HEC, but EVGA doesn't work with CWT AFAIK, so it must be HEC then, in any case - avoid it until reviews come out. Nvm, it's HEC after all, still avoid until reviews come out (or rather since they wouldn't come out because it's EVGA).

That's what I often say too, their naming scheme is, well, a mess. On top of that they proliferate it madly. And they seemingly avoid sending samples to reviewers, and are working with several OEMs, but use the same naming scheme internally (the naming scheme circle is "closing" here on itself). Well, what the HEC it is, will wait for reviews... that is if they send it. Thanks, Juular!

I'm curious... In my PC I have a Thermaltake Smart SE and wondering why it's in Tier D, so I've checked spreadsheet. And... there's nothing about test, checking etc. If there's no info about it, why is it at this tier? Maybe it'll be better to add another section, with psu that haven't been tested, like tier n(not tested)? I can make some test from just curiosity, if I'll get my hands to some dummy load.

EVGA X299 Micro, i7-7820X, 16GB GoodRAM IRDM X, PNY RTX 2070 Super, 1x Adata S70 Blade 512GB, 1x MX500 1TB, 1x BX200 480GB, Thermaltake Smart SE 630W, Phanteks Enthoo Pro

2 hours ago, siewcu said:

Thermaltake Smart SE and wondering why it's in Tier D

Group regulated. There are also as you've noticed no reviews, but i didn't really care about that when adding\moving units to tier D. In the next revision i'm going to move all units to LP except they were tested to work relatively good for a group reg tho.

be!quiet Dark Power 12 (non pro) is multi-rail with single rail switch, its listed under multi-rail in the tier list.

Is cooler master V750 SFX Gold is the one listed in the A tier?

Edited by tc004255
I just want to confirm this one thing

15 minutes ago, tc004255 said:

I'm considering to buy be quiet! PURE POWER 11 750W, and the seller recommends Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold instead.

Is cooler master V750 SFX Gold is the one listed in the A tier, and it's better than be quiet! PURE POWER 11?

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

How did the EVGA GT models make it into A tier?  I can't find a single technical review of them on the web.  Also appears to be HEC made which isn't exactly known for A tier PSU's.

Also, soon to be 5800X/3080 combo.  Have a Rosewill Capstone 750M (The C tier Andyson made one) that has served me without issue for 3 years with a 3600 and Vega56.  2 Years left on warranty do I keep going with it?

Ryzen 5800X | 7800XT | 32GB 3600MHz Ripjaws | Superflower Leadex III 750w

@Jayjr1105EVGA GT is the same platform as Cougar GX-F (And Aris did reviews of it on techpowerup+tomshardware). You can see the comment about it from @jonnyGURUhere: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/any-reviews-of-the-new-evga-gt-psu-series.3623782/

There's also 3 links to reviews in the spreadsheet on the first page here, and one review is a recent "positive" one from GamersNexus:

22 minutes ago, Dogzilla07 said:

@Jayjr1105EVGA GT is the same platform as Cougar GX-F (And Aris did reviews of it on techpowerup+tomshardware). You can see the comment about it from @jonnyGURUhere: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/any-reviews-of-the-new-evga-gt-psu-series.3623782/

There's also 3 links to reviews in the spreadsheet on the first page here, and one review is a recent "positive" one from GamersNexus:

Thanks for finding those.  I read over the two reviews.  Seems okay but I still think A tier is a stretch with HEC as the OEM and Teapo secondary caps.

Ryzen 5800X | 7800XT | 32GB 3600MHz Ripjaws | Superflower Leadex III 750w

3 hours ago, Jayjr1105 said:

How did the EVGA GT models make it into A tier?

Jon said that it's HEC TPK, i.e Cougar GX-F, it turned out it's not, the tier list wasn't updated since then yet but we're moving it to tier B in the next revision. So far there are that GN video which isn't really a review, a decent review from Tweak.PC, and my teardown.

2 hours ago, Jayjr1105 said:

Thanks for finding those.  I read over the two reviews.  Seems okay but I still think A tier is a stretch with HEC as the OEM and Teapo secondary caps.

Not that I have any love for EVGA, but HEC is perfectly capable of making a Tier A PSU and there's nothing  wrong with Teapo capacitors in anything made in the last decade.

Got the Gamdias Krapos M1 here.  It's terrible.  Yes, we know it's DF with group regulation, but the SR uses Schottky diodes instead of MOSFETs.  Going to blow it up on the Chroma as soon as I get a chance.