My parents won't get me a PC

Rayyan10
Message added by SansVarnic

**Please stop asking the OP to reveal their age. If they are a minor they cannot reveal this.**

11 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

"oops dad I dropped my laptop, looks like it needs to be replaced."

"you dumbass why did you drop it your so irresponsible i'm not going to fix it for you"

I'm Pakistani, remember?

1 minute ago, Rayyan10 said:

"you dumbass why did you drop it your so irresponsible i'm not going to fix it for you"

I'm Pakistani, remember?

not that I would say that's a uniquely Pakistani response, just spitballing here. I think my PC party idea was better

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

11 hours ago, berwynhan said:

how old are you really. i lived with a crappy old laptop 8 year old laptop till i was 16. 8 years with that laptop, all my friends had nice gaming laptops and pcs too but my parents didn't believe in giving me stuff and instead made me work for them. when i was 16 i picked up a part time job as a supermarket cashier and worked my ass off to buy my first gaming pc. i assume your "lots of money saved up" is just money you got from your parents during your birthday or saving your pocket money for it.

sometimes life doesn't always go your way. yes you may have a sucky laptop but well just gotta work with it. also if your friends are bullying you because you have a bad laptop then why on earth are you friends with them. make new friends who dont just laugh at you because you wont fit in.

and believe me, actually working your ass off to buy your own pc will feel much better.

or that works too

Alright so im 13 years old. The problem here is that  I live in Kuwait, and there are no jobs for people under 18. I know that you can be 14 to work in the US, but I am not sure about Canada, since I might be moving there. And my friends, I've been friends with them 3 years. But I'll do something. Thanks.

work

mow lawns, grow flowers, garden for people

beggars cant be choosers.

you dont need to officially work to make money, you do work and ask for cash.

if you cant think of this on your own, you prolly shouldnt be on the internet tbh

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

tell your friends to fuck off if they bully you. it's not something you have control over.

iirc in the US, you can work below 14 yrs, but it can't be any official job that you need paperwork for.

not too sure about culture in kuwait, but get to know your neighbors and do small jobs for them.

here i am typing on a broken (it thinks i have 2GB storage) school issued chromebook. ofc i'd like something that is more powerful, but patience is key.

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

25 minutes ago, Gegger said:

here i am typing on a broken (it thinks i have 2GB storage) school issued chromebook. ofc i'd like something that is more powerful, but patience is key.

gotta agree with ya, school laptops = complete shit

I live in an apartment, so I there's really not much I can do. On the other hand, I go to karate, and my friend has a job there. He teaches little kids who began karate, and he is the same age as me. He earns about $150 per month, which is not bad. I am just waiting for an opportunity for the head of the club to give me a job. 

5 minutes ago, Rayyan10 said:

I live in an apartment, so I there's really not much I can do. On the other hand, I go to karate, and my friend has a job there. He teaches little kids who began karate, and he is the same age as me. He earns about $150 per month, which is not bad. I am just waiting for an opportunity for the head of the club to give me a job. 

i would ask the head if you can hang out/help your friend first, then think about asking for a job. or just straight up ask

or ask your friend on the specifics on how he got the job.

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

definitely not your friends if they make fun of you and they're not joking in any way

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

9 hours ago, sub68 said:

maybe use gtx now 

what the hell are you talking about lmao

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

19 minutes ago, Rayyan10 said:

don't just WAIT for a job to come. WAITing for something to be given will get you nowhere. ASK. ASK for a job, SHOW you are capable and qualified enough. ASK your friend how he got the job, ASK what he actually does, as it may be more than it seems on the surface. ASK and WORK for it. don't just WAIT around for a job to land on your lap. there are no free lunches in the world.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 9 3950X Processor (Stock, -0.1V offset)  /// Motherboard: Asus Pro WS X570-Ace /// CPU Cooler: Deepcool GamerStorm Castle 360 RGB V2 /// GPU: Gigabyte AORUS GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ 8G /// RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 128GB (4x32GB) 3200Mhz CL16 /// Chassis: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C Blackout TG /// PSU: Corsair RM850i /// Storage: 500GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe (boot) + 1TB WD Black SN750 NVMe (Working Drive) + 2x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO 2.5" SATA SSD RAID0 (Game Library) + 2TB Seagate BarraCuda (Backup) /// OS: Windows 10 Pro

Peripherals (Main Rig): Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 + Logitech G903 Lightspeed /// Keyboard: Keychron Q1 ANSI - JWK Lavender Linear Switches (TX Switch Film, Krytox 205g0), Durock V2 Stabilisers, Polycarbonate Plate, Tape Mod, GMK Blue Samurai + Keychron K4 V2 Hotswap RGB Aluminum Frame - Gateron Milky Black (Deskeys Switch Film, Krytox 205g0), Foam Mod, Tape Mod, GMK Rainy Day PBT Clones /// Tablet: Wacom Intuos M BT /// Monitor: 4x LG 27UL500-W (4K IPS Freesync) /// DAC: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 /// Speakers: Logitech Z625 /// Mic: Focusrite CM25 MkII /// Headphones: Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, ATH-LS70iS IEMs /// Racing Wheel: Logitech G920 Driving Force with Shifter /// Eye Tracker: Steelseries Sentry  /// External Drives: 500GB Samsung T5 SSD (Working Drive)

Home Server - NASty: CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700x Processor /// Motherboard: Asus PRIME X470-Pro  /// CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 /// GPU: Gigabyte GeForce® GT 1030 OC 2G /// RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3200Mhz CL16 /// Chassis: Fractal Design Define R5 Window /// PSU: Corsair RM750x /// Storage: LSI SAS 9211-8i (IT Mode) + 10x 4TB Seagate Exos Enterprise Drive /// OS: UNRaid

Tester Rig: CPU: AMD Athlon™ 200GE Processor /// Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero WIFI  /// CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism RGB /// GPU: Palit GeForce® GTX 1050 2GB StromX /// RAM: Klevv Bolt 8GB (1x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15 /// Chassis: The AMAZING $30 "Computer Case"! /// PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-750 /// Storage: 1TB Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" SATA SSD + 240GB Transcend SSD220S 2.5" SATA SSD /// OS: Windows 10 Pro

Laptop (Asus UX430UN): CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-8550U Processor  /// GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX150 /// RAM: 16GB 2133Mhz /// Storage: 512GB SanDisk SD8SN8U512G1002 (boot) /// OS: Windows 10 Home

Other Tech: Console: Xbox One S 1TB, Apple TV 4K /// Printer: Canon imageCLASS MF635Cx /// Phone: Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB Graphite (Daily Driver)  /// Tablet: Apple iPad 9.7-inch Wi-Fi (2018) 32GB + Apple Pencil (1st Generation) /// Headphones: Apple Airpods Pro, Sony WF-1000XM3, Sony WH-1000XM3 /// Smartwatch: Apple Watch Series 6 GPS Space Grey

Cameras: Bodies: Canon EOS-1D X Mark II, Canon EOS 5D Mark IV,  Sony A6000 /// Lenses: Canon EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, Canon EF 16-35mm F/2.8L II USM, Canon EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS II USM, Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 (Canon), Sony SEL-P1650 E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS /// Lighting: 2x Godox SL60-W Continuous LED, 2x Canon Speedlite 580EXII /// Tripods: Leofoto LS-324C Carbon Fiber Tripod + Leofoto LH-40 Ballhead, Leofoto MC-80 Multipurpose Clamp, Triopo DG-3 Gimbal Head /// Yes, I am a Canon Fanboy, deal with it

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

not that I would say that's a uniquely Pakistani response, just spitballing here. I think my PC party idea was better

PC party idea is honestly pretty good NGL.

but to OP if you actually want to do it:

spend WITHIN YOUR MEANS. that means if you have $1000 saved, you don't spend $1000 on your pc. maybe spend say $400, no more than 40% of what you have saved. don't starve yourself just to get a gaming pc, your health and well being are much more important than getting a gaming pc. make sure you still have enough money to live comfortably and all. you are 13 and don't have to pay rent/utilities, but not spending ALL of your savings on the pc will also show your parents that you have good financial planning and won't blow all your money on one single purchase.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 9 3950X Processor (Stock, -0.1V offset)  /// Motherboard: Asus Pro WS X570-Ace /// CPU Cooler: Deepcool GamerStorm Castle 360 RGB V2 /// GPU: Gigabyte AORUS GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ 8G /// RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 128GB (4x32GB) 3200Mhz CL16 /// Chassis: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C Blackout TG /// PSU: Corsair RM850i /// Storage: 500GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe (boot) + 1TB WD Black SN750 NVMe (Working Drive) + 2x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO 2.5" SATA SSD RAID0 (Game Library) + 2TB Seagate BarraCuda (Backup) /// OS: Windows 10 Pro

Peripherals (Main Rig): Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 + Logitech G903 Lightspeed /// Keyboard: Keychron Q1 ANSI - JWK Lavender Linear Switches (TX Switch Film, Krytox 205g0), Durock V2 Stabilisers, Polycarbonate Plate, Tape Mod, GMK Blue Samurai + Keychron K4 V2 Hotswap RGB Aluminum Frame - Gateron Milky Black (Deskeys Switch Film, Krytox 205g0), Foam Mod, Tape Mod, GMK Rainy Day PBT Clones /// Tablet: Wacom Intuos M BT /// Monitor: 4x LG 27UL500-W (4K IPS Freesync) /// DAC: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 /// Speakers: Logitech Z625 /// Mic: Focusrite CM25 MkII /// Headphones: Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, ATH-LS70iS IEMs /// Racing Wheel: Logitech G920 Driving Force with Shifter /// Eye Tracker: Steelseries Sentry  /// External Drives: 500GB Samsung T5 SSD (Working Drive)

Home Server - NASty: CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700x Processor /// Motherboard: Asus PRIME X470-Pro  /// CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 /// GPU: Gigabyte GeForce® GT 1030 OC 2G /// RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3200Mhz CL16 /// Chassis: Fractal Design Define R5 Window /// PSU: Corsair RM750x /// Storage: LSI SAS 9211-8i (IT Mode) + 10x 4TB Seagate Exos Enterprise Drive /// OS: UNRaid

Tester Rig: CPU: AMD Athlon™ 200GE Processor /// Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero WIFI  /// CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism RGB /// GPU: Palit GeForce® GTX 1050 2GB StromX /// RAM: Klevv Bolt 8GB (1x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15 /// Chassis: The AMAZING $30 "Computer Case"! /// PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-750 /// Storage: 1TB Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" SATA SSD + 240GB Transcend SSD220S 2.5" SATA SSD /// OS: Windows 10 Pro

Laptop (Asus UX430UN): CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-8550U Processor  /// GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX150 /// RAM: 16GB 2133Mhz /// Storage: 512GB SanDisk SD8SN8U512G1002 (boot) /// OS: Windows 10 Home

Other Tech: Console: Xbox One S 1TB, Apple TV 4K /// Printer: Canon imageCLASS MF635Cx /// Phone: Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB Graphite (Daily Driver)  /// Tablet: Apple iPad 9.7-inch Wi-Fi (2018) 32GB + Apple Pencil (1st Generation) /// Headphones: Apple Airpods Pro, Sony WF-1000XM3, Sony WH-1000XM3 /// Smartwatch: Apple Watch Series 6 GPS Space Grey

Cameras: Bodies: Canon EOS-1D X Mark II, Canon EOS 5D Mark IV,  Sony A6000 /// Lenses: Canon EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, Canon EF 16-35mm F/2.8L II USM, Canon EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS II USM, Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 (Canon), Sony SEL-P1650 E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS /// Lighting: 2x Godox SL60-W Continuous LED, 2x Canon Speedlite 580EXII /// Tripods: Leofoto LS-324C Carbon Fiber Tripod + Leofoto LH-40 Ballhead, Leofoto MC-80 Multipurpose Clamp, Triopo DG-3 Gimbal Head /// Yes, I am a Canon Fanboy, deal with it

2 hours ago, mxk said:

definitely not your friends if they make fun of you and they're not joking in any way

I don't want to downplay bullying, which of course is serious, but if they are making fun of an old PC like how thick it is, that's pretty standard joking around at least throughout my childhood.

Like it would have annoyed me too if I couldn't get an upgrade, but maybe not worth losing friends over?

Also separately op just said the money is from his parents so of course they can have some control over what that is spent on. Sucks but that's life. They are doing parenting and not trying to be mean.

your parents have the right to say no,pcs arent cheap here in The u.s I imagine they arent in kuwait.  If you really want one work hard, save up and get good grades. Maybe they might change their minds

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

5 hours ago, Rayyan10 said:

I am from pakistan, but I live in kuwait

you live in kuwait, getting a PC there is much easier than getting it here in Pakistan.

Save up some money, Focus on studies, and eventually you would get one.

These threads pop up pretty often and the answer is always the same, you need to work for the money like the rest of us if your parents wont buy you one. You might be too young to be hired by a company but you're not too young to go around mowing lawns, washing cars or whatever other odd jobs you can find. It took me 3 years to get the money for my first pc when I was slightly older than you are now, its just the way it goes.

4 minutes ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

These threads pop up pretty often and the answer is always the same, you need to work for the money like the rest of us if your parents wont buy you one.

another issue is even you have your own money to buy whatever you want, does your parent "allow" you doing so, you may still end up having a big fight in the end

so talk to them patiently, peacefully 

As I have said before (I’m very repetitive), my laptop is a Toshiba that when owned by my brother had a problem with occasional BSODs.  Since I reinstalled Windows to free up space (the laptop only has 29gb of storage), BSODs occurred more often.  I can’t play any games on the computer since it will most likely crash and with the amount of space some apps, Windows itself, and a backup folder take on my Hard Drive, one new game will probably take up all the storage that’s left.  My parents won’t get me a new laptop because they and I believe it’s only best to spend money on things that are really necessary.  I haven’t asked for a new laptop either.  And I don’t need a new laptop for many reasons.

- I would probably suck at new games anyways, and I would instantly get hooked on them.  I wouldn’t have any time for school and more important things.  Gaming isn’t that important to me.  I don’t have a streaming channel or anything that I have to keep updated.

- I like old games better.  The only games my PC can handle are emulation ROMs with slow referees have rates.

- I don’t need anything else for schooling projects.  As annoying as crashing during schooling projects as my computer can get, it still gets the job done and I don’t mind starting over.  Plus, my school handles most things by paper and not digitally.

- My computer is just the right size and form factor that I would want to have in any reliable computer.  I’ve grown to like the feel of it and I’ve grown proud that it was my work reinstalling Windows that brought it up again.  A new computer will also feel nice, but not the same way this one does.  My dream laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad, but it costs so much that my parents would not get it for me.  But, I’m still fine with that.

So, for whoever has a PC that they just don’t like, maybe it’s best to keep your PC after all and think about the good in it.  

/speech

Won’t visit often..

4 hours ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

another issue is even you have your own money to buy whatever you want, does your parent "allow" you doing so, you may still end up having a big fight in the end

so talk to them patiently, peacefully 

Only happens in culture with strong sense of Confucian filial piety. My none Asian  peers would spend their own money however they see fit. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

18 hours ago, DrQuickDroqqed said:

Does that mean buy a new key?

no, getting back the admin password is an easy 5 minutes job.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

**Please stop asking the OP to reveal their age. If they are a minor they cannot reveal this.**

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

9 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

no, getting back the admin password is an easy 5 minutes job.

teach me dad ❤️ 

On 10/23/2019 at 8:01 PM, Caroline said:

his dad probably wants OP to invest that money into studying instead of in a laptop to play f*cking Fortnite.

With that said, I don't see how throwing money at the problem will make him any better at studying... besides he says he has good grades already.

On 10/24/2019 at 3:36 AM, BigRom said:

Which is completely bullshit, if the dude earned that money himself by working part-time/odd jobs he should be able to spend that

I would raise absolute hell if I earned the money and wasn't allowed to spend it

I wouldn't let my 13 year old son (if I had one) spend money on things I consider useless or harmful. For me that wouldn't include a desktop computer but OP isn't my son. Just because he earned the money doesn't mean he gets to spend it on blackjack and hookers... at least not while he's under my responsibility and lives in my house. I see no problem in placing limits on how that money is spent. Besides, he only gets to use that money because he doesn't need it to eat or pay rent, both of which his parents presumably provide for (among other things, I'm sure).

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

On 10/24/2019 at 5:13 AM, Fasauceome said:

not that I would say that's a uniquely Pakistani response

It definitely isn't, I'm sure my parents would have reacted like that too (and probably so would I). They'd also have found very strange as I usually take quasi-maniacal care of my things, especially the expensive ones that I knew wouldn't be replaced if I broke or lost them.

At OP's age (about 10 years ago) I had a pentium 3 tower and a 15" CRT monitor I got for free because they were being thrown away. Eventually I got to buy a new machine (still using it!) but only a few years later. I never had a laptop in school so... op got fairly lucky by my standards.

On 10/24/2019 at 9:11 AM, MichaelWd said:

if they are making fun of an old PC like how thick it is, that's pretty standard joking around at least throughout my childhood.

It becomes a problem when OP is so fed up with it that he cites it as a motivation to buy a new computer. It might not be intentional but clearly it's getting to him.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

That is to bad :/ How much does your dad make? As far as I know (I don't know much about Kuwait) it's a fairly rich country, but maybe only for the few. Don't one of your friends have an old computer (that is better than yours) laying around?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price.