My parents won't get me a PC

Rayyan10
Message added by SansVarnic

**Please stop asking the OP to reveal their age. If they are a minor they cannot reveal this.**

1 hour ago, spartaman64 said:

a lot of the posts seems to boil down to i suffered with a bad computer when i was younger so you must suffer also

I haven't read all the comments, but some, such as mine, (right above yours), is about more than that.

Quote me so I can reply back :) 

MY PC-> PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA T2 1000W 80 Plus Titanium MOTHERBOARD: ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X RAM: G.Skill 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C14 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 HYBRID STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe SSD; 2TB WD Caviar Blue; Crucial MX500 500GB SSD CUSTOM LOOP: EK-Velocity Nickel + Plexi CPU block, EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Acetal + Nickel GPU Block w/ EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Backplate, EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM, EK-CoolStream PE 240 w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Chromax fans, EK-ACF Fitting 10/13mm Nickel, Mayhems UV White tubing 13/10mm, 3x Noctua NF-S12A Chromax case fans

Keep getting good grades in school and wait until you hit high school or college then talk about needing a new PC.  Upgrades strictly around gaming can be difficult for parents to understand.

inb4 mods delete my post again - they hate me.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

Dont eat or drink for a full year and ask your parents to spend that money on a pc for you instead if you really think a pc is that needed in your life. Honestly. it sucks, but you can live without. pay for it yourself when you can.

On 10/23/2019 at 9:05 PM, ProudPak said:

Here in Pakistan, even if you manage to save upto about $1000 which is greater than the average salary per month of a person here, It is still very hard to find a high tier PC unless you are living in the capital city.

The only city where you'll find PC components to be at least slightly fairly priced is Karachi. PC components are overpriced in the rest of the cities.

Also, you guys keep telling OP to get a job. The thing with Pakistan is that it's not like NA or EU. Kids can't exactly get part time jobs.

8 hours ago, wasab said:

Wait, you mean your parents do not take your money? Is this just my own culture thing? Because all the old school Chinese parents(by that I mean those born in the 1970s, I am Chinese myself) I know take money from their kids ?

His parent should have help him setup a savings account, have him save up, and teach him the importance of money management, and not take like 90% of his earnings for rent, from a 16 year old. The money he save can be used for college. Out of $200, his parent taking $180 for rent and leaving him with only $20. What kind of work does his parent have, where they have to restort into taking 16 year old money? They themselves can't take out the extra $180?! I hope your cousin is smart and learns more about finance in school, so his life isn't ruined by his parents.

4 hours ago, Kilrah said:

About the same as your landlord, the country's tax offices and various needs will do later... Does make sense to teach that most of what you make isn't actually available to you just for fun, but goes straight out to pay for your basic needs and obligations...

Your talking about a kid not an adult. His parents can teach him the importance of basic necessities such as rent by taking like $50, not $180, and have the rest in his own savings account.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

7 minutes ago, LebowskiBuschemi said:

Also, you guys keep telling OP to get a job. The thing with Pakistan is that it's not like NA or EU. Kids can't exactly get part time jobs.

Tough, wait it out and get a job later. 

3 minutes ago, GenericFanboy said:

Tough, wait it out and get a job later. 

I guess that's what OP's gotta do.

It shouldnt take 5 pages of replies to understand that much. if your parents arent willing and you cant pay yourself, dont bother. it wont happen

This thread is ridiculous. So what, You have a first world problem, Don't go and complain about it online. A lot of us have REAL problems, and you don't see us complaining.

1 minute ago, xARACHN1D said:

This thread is ridiculous. So what, You have a first world problem, Don't go and complain about it online. A lot of us have REAL problems, and you don't see us complaining.

I mean, everyone has their own problems. some might not realise theirs arent that much of a problem. But anyway. 

1 minute ago, GenericFanboy said:

I mean, everyone has their own problems. some might not realise theirs arent that much of a problem. But anyway. 

He still shouldn't be complaining about it online, It shows his immaturity and I completely understand why his parents wont buy him a new laptop. He sounds like a squeaker anyway.

On 10/23/2019 at 8:29 AM, Rayyan10 said:

I need help. Me and my parents are Pakistani. We live in a place where PC gaming is everywhere. But here's the thing. My dad won't get me a PC. I am currently using a shitty laptop from 2011 to play most new games at lowest settings and getting a max of 5 FPS (Rendering it unplayable). I can only play old shitty games and light current games (like Minecraft). My dad won't get me new PC or laptop, I have asked for one so many times, I get all A's and A-'s (I am in math a grade ahead of me), I pray, I listen to them. Everyone I know has a gaming PC. I am constantly getting bullied by my friends for having a shitty PC, to not be able to play most new games, etc. I have tried telling my dad that I am getting made fun of, this is a old laptop, and I can't play any games or do any programming, but he says to work with what I have, it is my problem, I shouldn't be playing video games anyway, and if I am getting bullied he is telling me to say that (to lie I mean) I am happy with what I have. Hah. Easy for him to say, he is the one who has a new HP Spectre, with a core i7, 8GB of ram and Intel UHD 620 graphics (I know intel graphics suck but it's better than Intel HD Graphics 3000 I have on mine). Oh, and I also get bullied on how thick my laptop is. It is more than 2 inches thick, I believe. And I am not even asking for a good PC, only a $350 one with a Ryzen 5 2400g. I also have all the knowledge to build a PC. When I ask him why he won't buy me one, he says I already have a laptop and I should work with it and be thankful that I have something, or else it will be taken away. I have all the knowledge, and I can build one for myself, and I can do some programming. He won't even get me a laptop. There is also some other bullshi*t my parents do. They don't let me spend my money. At all. I have a lot of money saved up. Anything I want to buy, my dad does not let me use my money. This is the thing that enrages me the most. I know there are A LOT of these posts everywhere, but hear me. I need some advice and help. Thanks.

I am not sure how old you are but if i were you, i would start working odd jobs to save up to buy a computer on your own. Remember as long as your live under their roof and they pay for all your expenses, you don't have a right to tell them how to spend their money. I am a parent so I understand your Dad's point of view. 

Main Workhorse:-

Dual Xeon E5-2687W v3 | SuperMicro X10DAi Dual Socket Workstation Board | 64GB ECC DDR4 2400Mhz | Intel DC Series 500GB SSD | EVGA Geforce GTX Titan X | Seagate 7200rpm 2TB | SuperMicro Gold Series 1Kw PSU | SuperMicro EATX Chassis | LG Ultrawide 34inch 75hz | LG 1080p 22inch IPS 75hz | Ubuntu 19.10 x64 |

Server:-

Dual Xeon E5-2680 v1  | SuperMicro X9DRW-3LN4F+ Server Board | 64GB ECC DDR3 1600Mhz | 7 x Intel DC Series 500GB SSD's | SuperMicro SuperChasis SC119TQ-R700WB 1U | Redundant 450w Gold rated PSU's | ESXi 6.7

Laptop:-

2018 15 inch Apple Macbook Pro Touchbar with 16GB Memory and 256GB NVMe

Just now, xARACHN1D said:

He still shouldn't be complaining about it online, It shows his immaturity and I completely understand why his parents wont buy him a new laptop. He sounds like a squeaker anyway.

I mean i guess its fine to talk about your opinion, but now you're kinda sounding like the squeaker. Just leave it as is. 

Just now, GenericFanboy said:

I mean i guess its fine to talk about your opinion, but now you're kinda sounding like the squeaker. Just leave it as is. 

I don't mean to get mad, the posts just make me angry. I hate it when people live so easily and complain about their first world problems.

Just now, xARACHN1D said:

I don't mean to get mad, the posts just make me angry. I hate it when people live so easily and complain about their first world problems.

I'm well aware of that. I dont agree with it either, but thats how people will Always be. best to just live with it. 

Just now, GenericFanboy said:

I'm well aware of that. I dont agree with it either, but thats how people will Always be. best to just live with it. 

yea, you right, its a pointless thread anyway.

6 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

I hope your cousin is smart and learns more about finance in school, so his life isn't ruined by his parents.

My cousin is in his 30s now and own a successful bussiness. 

7 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

His parent should have help him setup a savings account, have him save up, and teach him the importance of money management, and not take like 90% of his earnings for rent, from a 16 year old. The money he save can be used for college. 

Wait, you mean your parents do not pay for your college or buy houses for you when you marry? Is this another one of my culture thing? ?

Sudo make me a sandwich 

2 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

a lot of the posts seems to boil down to i suffered with a bad computer when i was younger so you must suffer also

It's a rite of passage

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad