Red Dead 2 PC Nov 5th

Thready
13 hours ago, pizapower said:

Is RDR2 more linear than The Witcher 3?

The Witcher 3 still is a better game in my personal opinion... RDR2 has a lot of dumb flaws and it is indeed more linear and scripted.

18 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Having watched that great video before even played the game did make me aware that RDR2 while a master piece on it's own right suffers from fundamental flaws that keeps something like the mentioned Witcher 3 above on a higher ground still.

I'll be honest that this 1 year delay for the PC port also killed any enthusiasm I had to play it and now I'm probably not even rushing to it... right now I'm playing Deus Ex Mankind Divided as a "preview" for Cyberpunk 77 and I'm quite satisfied hehe.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 hour ago, Origami Cactus said:

Great video. And I hope that RS will have tweaked some of the areas where the gameplay is lacking for the PC release.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

17 hours ago, pizapower said:

Is RDR2 more linear than The Witcher 3?

You don't choose your ending, but it's open world

Photographer, future counselor, computer teacher.

3600X and RTX 2070 with too many storage drives to count. 

I've got RDR2 on the PS4 Pro and I've quite enjoyed it, but I haven't finished the game yet. I am seriously considering on getting the PC-version just for the increased graphics-quality and framerates -- on PS4 Pro with HDR, the game often has quite big framerate-drops and it's quite jarring to me as I'm used to rock-solid 60FPS.

I kind of lean towards waiting for the Steam-release, though. I mean, the preorder-bonuses are worthless -- shitty gold-bars for an online-mode that I won't be touching anyways, and...a skin for some horse? A treasure-map? No, equally worthless story-mode DLCs without actual story-content.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

19 hours ago, Anomnomnomaly said:

After the crap they just pulled with their forced launcher... which will probably disappear in a year or so... remember the rockstar social club you were forced into using and having an account with or you couldn't save your progress in GTA IV when that came out... and that was stripped out a few years later.

I'm not falling for that crap again.. and I refuse to have yet another frickin game launcher installed on my system. It's bad enough that I have 3 already... Steam, GOG & Uplay... I will not allow another one.

There are other ways to play games from companies that insist on using psychological manipulation to get you to buy in game currency and loot boxes and so forth... I will not support companies like and I will not give them a penny of my money. Do not reward them for insidious practices.

Social Club was never stripped out of the GTAIV, they simply intagrated it into the game and stopped the forced requirement of a separate app. However, Social Club has been used in every Rockstar game since GTAIV. Max Payne 3 and GTA5 also required it. The new launcher is just a multi-game version of the Social Club.

Now I kinda feel bad for playing it on the PS4. The console version is gorgeous so I wonder how good is going to look on PC.

For some without an xbox/ps4 I am excited to play RDR2 on PC after this along awaited release. And since I've waited so long already I won't have an issue waiting a few months more in hopes of getting a discount on it. 

Not that I care about this game at all but when I heard this I laughed pretty hard at everyone that bought a console and used the game as justification to do so when all they had to do is be patient and wait rather then essentially buy a $500+ game.

Everything eventually comes to PC one way or another.

8 hours ago, Crowbar said:

Not that I care about this game at all but when I heard this I laughed pretty hard at everyone that bought a console and used the game as justification to do so when all they had to do is be patient and wait rather then essentially buy a $500+ game.

Many of the people who bought a console for RDR2 surely knew it would come to PC. All Rockstar games have come to PC, except Red Dead Redemption 1, and that was apparently because the code is a total mess with there being no documentation for it, and the team was barely able to get it to run stable on consoles.

Since 2001's GTA III, Rockstar have always delayed the PC release of their games behind the console release by around 6 months to 2 years. That is a strategy RS use to double-dip on sales, to minimize piracy (as piracy is, or has been, more prevalent on PC), and also to have more time to work on the PC versions of their games. So, RS are well-known for the tactic of delaying the PC release and not saying anything about the PC release until it happens.

Rockstar are greedy and want money, and they aren't owned by a console platform. They're going to release their AAA games on PC every time. They just do it in a manner that capitalizes on the release schedule to make the most profit they possibly can.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

20 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

Many of the people who bought a console for RDR2 surely knew it would come to PC. All Rockstar games have come to PC, except Red Dead Redemption 1, and that was apparently because the code is a total mess with there being no documentation for it, and the team was barely able to get it to run stable on consoles.

Since 2001's GTA III, Rockstar have always delayed the PC release of their games behind the console release by around 6 months to 2 years. That is a strategy RS use to double-dip on sales, to minimize piracy (as piracy is, or has been, more prevalent on PC), and also to have more time to work on the PC versions of their games. So, RS are well-known for the tactic of delaying the PC release and not saying anything about the PC release until it happens.

Rockstar are greedy and want money, and they aren't owned by a console platform. They're going to release their AAA games on PC every time. They just do it in a manner that capitalizes on the release schedule to make the most profit they possibly can.

I understand why rockstar do it. That's not the problem here. I just don't see why someone would go out and buy a console to play a single game just a bit earlier especially with the investment requird to do so. Even bitwit on youtube did this. If you already owned one that's one thing but no game is worth $500+ by itself. And it's not like the multiplayer is anything special so if you wanted to play with your friends there's a hundred other dime a dozen battle royal games out there.

12 hours ago, Crowbar said:

I bought a PS4 because it has some great games, and RDR is just one of them. I got a PS4 Pro because it came with God of War which was amazing. 

I wonder if they chose Guy Fawkes night for a reason?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

19 hours ago, Derangel said:

Social Club was never stripped out of the GTAIV, they simply intagrated it into the game and stopped the forced requirement of a separate app. However, Social Club has been used in every Rockstar game since GTAIV. Max Payne 3 and GTA5 also required it. The new launcher is just a multi-game version of the Social Club.

yeah, I meant the stand alone software that used to be required. It's still garbage though.  :)

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

15 hours ago, Crowbar said:

Don't worry... all those PS4 owners can still gloat about Spider-Man to justify their purchase.  :)

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

If it can't out shine the Witcher 3... then it's not worth paying anything near to full price. That is a master peice of a game. I've played it through twice now to choose slightly different paths for Geralt and I'll probably do it again at some point for further options.

5 hours ago, Anomnomnomaly said:

If it can't out shine the Witcher 3... then it's not worth paying anything near to full price. That is a master peice of a game. I've played it through twice now to choose slightly different paths for Geralt and I'll probably do it again at some point for further options.

I think Red Dead 2 is better to be honest. But lots of people disagree with me and like Witcher 3 more.

19 minutes ago, Thready said:

I think Red Dead 2 is better to be honest. But lots of people disagree with me and like Witcher 3 more.

I missed the whole Witcher series... until a steam sale a couple of Xmas's ago. When I got it for silly money inc all DLC... I've put 150hrs into so far. Any game that can keep you coming back and looks that good still... I'd have paid full price for it if I'd known, and I rarely ever think any game is worth what they're asking in these days of microtransactions and insidious loot boxes... It had freakin proper Expansion packs. YAY! I went back and grabbed the first 2 games as well... not just so I could play them through, but so I could follow the backstory and support the dev.

Thinking of picking up the books to read, and can't wait for the Netflix show to start.  :)

I have really high hopes for Cyberpunk 2077... same developer. I won't pre-order But I'll get it from GOG because that's their platform and they will get all of the money.  Maybe they should release it early on their own game store like every other company does as a big... FUCK YOU to their exclusives.  :) Or tell steam/epic and so forth... you can only have the game if you charge 1%... That game is going to be huge.

2 hours ago, Anomnomnomaly said:

I missed the whole Witcher series... until a steam sale a couple of Xmas's ago. When I got it for silly money inc all DLC... I've put 150hrs into so far. Any game that can keep you coming back and looks that good still... I'd have paid full price for it if I'd known, and I rarely ever think any game is worth what they're asking in these days of microtransactions and insidious loot boxes... It had freakin proper Expansion packs. YAY! I went back and grabbed the first 2 games as well... not just so I could play them through, but so I could follow the backstory and support the dev.

Thinking of picking up the books to read, and can't wait for the Netflix show to start.  :)

I have really high hopes for Cyberpunk 2077... same developer. I won't pre-order But I'll get it from GOG because that's their platform and they will get all of the money.  Maybe they should release it early on their own game store like every other company does as a big... FUCK YOU to their exclusives.  :) Or tell steam/epic and so forth... you can only have the game if you charge 1%... That game is going to be huge.

I can't wait for Cyberpunk. I might upgrade my GPU for it. But I'm not getting my hopes too high because I've been burned many times in the past by hype. The hype train seems to be huge with it and it's very hard for a game to deliver that much on so much hype. 

But Red Dead is a really great game. It took me 2 months playing about an hour a night for maybe 5 nights a week. It has great acting and writing. It sucked to play at 30 FPS because I would try to take action screenshots and they would be blurry. 

8 minutes ago, Thready said:

But Red Dead is a really great game. It took me 2 months playing about an hour a night for maybe 5 nights a week. It has great acting and writing. It sucked to play at 30 FPS because I would try to take action screenshots and they would be blurry. 

That's not the framerate, it's the artificial motion blur.  Turn it off if you can.

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

1 hour ago, FezBoy said:

That's not the framerate, it's the artificial motion blur.  Turn it off if you can.

Really? I'm not too up to date on my gaming terms lol. I already beat it though

Thanks for Beta Testing.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Does anyone know what kind of price to expect, though?

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

3 minutes ago, Video Beagle said:

Does anyone know what kind of price to expect, though?

same price as all new AAA releases for standard with special editions going up from there, not expecting any less than that

2 minutes ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

same price as all new AAA releases for standard with special editions going up from there, not expecting any less than that

I've never bought a new AAA release, so I don't know. :D (I'm not really a gamer much, but I've been wanting a cowboy game for a long long time)

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎