What is the best 780 ti?

I'm looking at the Asus GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Video Card or the EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked w/ACX Cooler.

If anyone has any other suggestions for versions of this card, I'm listening.

Price difference is about 20 dollars, so not important. Just purely performance/temperature/over clock potential, which one wins?

Evga

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

EVGA purely based on the ASUS one being a reference cooler.

Any other alternatives?

What is the best 780 ti?

Which 780 Ti is better?

The ACX cooler is clearly better, than the reference 780/Titan cooler for most cases.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

EVGA Classified Kingpin of course.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

I'd go with this in that general price range.

http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=03G-P4-2888-KR

8pin+8pin = more power.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

depends if you're going to sli or not. If SLI'ing, reference cooler (that gray cooler such as the asus one you posted) is better. Otherwise, a non-reference cooler such as the directCUII, msi twinfrozer, evga acx etc.. is better. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

If you're wanting the best of the best then you can't look past the EVGA K|NGP|N edition 780Ti. It is overbuilt like crazy and supported by evga's amazing customer support and warranty policy. My choice hands down.

If this option is out of budget then my next option would be the 780ti classified. You can't look past how important return policies are, just in case.

If you're wanting the best of the best then you can't look past the EVGA K|NGP|N edition 780Ti. It is overbuilt like crazy and supported by evga's amazing customer support and warranty policy. My choice hands down.

If this option is out of budget then my next option would be the 780ti classified. You can't look past how important return policies are, just in case.

KPE slaps the 290X Lightning hands down lol wait when is it for sale :P

I'm looking at the Asus GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Video Card or the EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked w/ACX Cooler.

If anyone has any other suggestions for versions of this card, I'm listening.

Price difference is about 20 dollars, so not important. Just purely performance/temperature/over clock potential, which one wins?

Go with the Asus DCII GTX 780 Ti which is FULLY non reference (high end components/ superior power design) , i just picked it up this weekend and it is aaahmazing. 1200mhz core/3700mhz memory never tops 72c under load, and it comes with a backplate!

Its on sale right now on newegg for 690$. 10$ cheaper than reference and 40$ cheaper than EVGA which is STILL reference design with non reference cooling, so this is pretty much a no brainer! :D  - http://www.newegg.com/Shopping/ShoppingItem.aspx?ItemList=N82E16814121838

Here's also a quick album i made - http://imgur.com/a/qvbhR

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Go with the Asus DCII GTX 780 Ti which is FULLY non reference (high end components/ superior power design) , i just picked it up this weekend and it is aaahmazing. 1200mhz core/3700mhz memory never tops 72c under load, and it comes with a backplate!

Its on sale right now on newegg for 690$. 10$ cheaper than reference and 40$ cheaper than EVGA which is STILL reference design with non reference cooling, so this is pretty much a no brainer! :D  - http://www.newegg.com/Shopping/ShoppingItem.aspx?ItemList=N82E16814121838

Here's also a quick album i made - http://imgur.com/a/qvbhR

Anyone else agree?

Remember that ASUS cards sag a lot and the heatpipe can be a clearance issue, and they don't exactly have a good reputation for dealing with customers. If this is okay with you then get the asus version, or pay a little more for a more solid card and peace of mind.

Remember that ASUS cards sag a lot and the heatpipe can be a clearance issue, and they don't exactly have a good reputation for dealing with customers. If this is okay with you then get the asus version, or pay a little more for a more solid card and peace of mind.

That was in the past, with their latest cooler revision they took some extra initiative to make the card slim, rigid, and built like a tank with full metal design & no clearance issues :)

http://i.imgur.com/8ezevmx.jpg

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

That was in the past, with their latest cooler revision they took some extra initiative to make the card slim, rigid, and built like a tank with full metal design & no clearance issues :)

http://i.imgur.com/8ezevmx.jpg

says somebody with an Asus card. I think evga is the best, but Asus isn't much worse.

says somebody with an Asus card. I think evga is the best, but Asus isn't much worse.

Hehe trust me i'm not bias because of the asus card, i owned the EVGA 780 acx for almost half a year till i switched over to the Ti. Even with a backplate the evga card sagged instantly after first installing it. However I'll definetly admit nobody even comes CLOSE to evga customer support.

Hehe trust me i'm not bias because of the asus card, i owned the EVGA 780 acx for almost half a year till i switched over to the Ti. Even with a backplate the evga card sagged instantly after first installing it. However I'll definetly admit nobody even comes CLOSE to evga customer support.

I was just joking about the bias thing. Also I have a pny so... yeah. :o 100th post! Damn it! I wanted to do something special! Edited by Nathaniel G

I went for 2 MSI GTX 780 TI Gaming. They are by far the most silent 780 Ti out there. On top of that they OC like beast. I'm currently only in the beginning of setting up overclocks, since I just got them, but so far I'm very, very impressed by how much headroom these cards have, considering they're rocking stock PCBs and components, compared to the fully custom cards which I'm already level with in terms of OCs.