AMD Catalyst Mantle Driver Delayed

TOMPPIX

AMD discovered a major bug with its Catalyst 14.2 driver at the last minute, which threw a wrench in the works at the company. The driver was originally slated to come out in sync with DICE' update of Battlefield 4 on Thursday. AMD now tells us that their teams have been working overnight to fix the driver, and should have their next status update for us by mid-afternoon EST (New York time), later today. That update doesn't necessarily mean a driver release at that point in time, and so AMD might be forced to label it Catalyst 14.2 beta, keeping up with its calendar-based driver version naming. Catalyst 14.1 beta was expected to ship the first public distribution of Mantle, AMD's ambitious 3D graphics API to rival Direct3D and OpenGL. AMD also mentioned a 24 hour exclusive period for press to evaluate the driver before public release, so it looks like your download will be at least 36 hours away.

MantleLarge_678x452.jpgMy-code-doesnt-work-I-have-no-idea-why-M

SOURCE

Those guys at AMD can't do anything that is expected from them... -.-

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

This begs the question, if EA had got the Mantle update out in time for December would AMD have even been ready? Or was it AMD that was actually the cause of the delay?

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

Well, at least they found the bug and are willing to work overnight to fix it while half of the world is sleeping...

I'd rather have a product delayed than have it be full of bugs and while devs take years trying to patch it up.

congrats on 100th post though OP

Case: Fractal Design R4 Window PSU: Seasonic G-series 650w MOBO: 870 Extreme R2.0 CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE RAM: 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 GPU: Asus DirectCU II Radeon HD 7970 

AMD also mentioned a 24 hour exclusive period for press to evaluate the driver before public release, so it looks like your download will be at least 36 hours away.

Yeah, but we know how leaky the IT press is.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

:( well at least BF4 is playable now anyways even without mantle

Not for everybody and a little FPS boost is always nice :D

Case: Fractal Design Define XL Modded for custom watercooling both for CPU and GPU MB: Asus ROG Hero VI MaximusRAM: 16GB @ 2GHz GPU: AMD 7970 3GB Refrence SSD: 2st OCZ Agility 3 120GB RAID 0 + 2TB HDD CPU: Intel 4770K Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 Mouse: QPAD 5K My Android Apps!

What do you mean not for everybody ?

I'm running a GTX 560 Non-ti (Tiny bit OC'd) and I run the game just fine

(Granted, that's on absolute lowest settings at ~90fps)

What do you mean not for everybody ?

I'm running a GTX 560 Non-ti (Tiny bit OC'd) and I run the game just fine

(Granted, that's on absolute lowest settings at ~90fps)

I mean that it still crashes every other match :)

Case: Fractal Design Define XL Modded for custom watercooling both for CPU and GPU MB: Asus ROG Hero VI MaximusRAM: 16GB @ 2GHz GPU: AMD 7970 3GB Refrence SSD: 2st OCZ Agility 3 120GB RAID 0 + 2TB HDD CPU: Intel 4770K Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 Mouse: QPAD 5K My Android Apps!

o: I don't experince that O.o 

I only have the game connection problem where it keeps saying ''Connecting'' instead of Loading Level..

a couple days ago I used about 25 minutes just connecting to a server ._.

Game crash? I havent had one of those in quite a long time...

Only thing ive had recently was that stupid thing where you get revived and youre somehow still "dead" and cant respawn.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

o: I don't experince that O.o 

I only have the game connection problem where it keeps saying ''Connecting'' instead of Loading Level..

a couple days ago I used about 25 minutes just connecting to a server ._.

I get this from time to time, then I change server and it is fine again.

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

I can't wait to see the benchmarks

Well, at least they found the bug and willing to work overnight to fix it while half of the world is sleeping...

I'd rather have a product delayed than have it be full of bugs and while devs take years trying to patch it up.

Amen.

That is what they did to Watch Dogs and they didn't get shit after all.

My First Build

-Intel i7-4770K -Msi Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 2GB -MsiZ87 GD65 -G.Skill Sniper 8GB 1866Mhz -NZXT Phantom 530 White -128GB Sandisk SSD -2TB Western Digital 7200RPM -21.5" Acer IPS Display -SIDEWINDER X4 Keyboard

-Razer DeathAdder 2013 -Logitech G930 -ALTEC LANSING MULTIMEDIA Dual Speaker System (Legacy)

I was pretty excited for a driver release, but I can wait.

Still had to make this alternate "You done gone EA'd!"

29c2nwk.jpg

^The last 24 hours... hyped up as hell... no delivery.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

ya i heard random people are riddled with more issues

Those guys at AMD can't do anything that is expected from them... -.-

Perhaps you're a software engineer, and you'd like to go tell them exactly how to fix the problem?

Software bugs happen, and aren't always caught during quality testing, especially on big software projects.

When they fix it, we'll all be better off.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Perhaps you're a software engineer, and you'd like to go tell them exactly how to fix the problem?

Software bugs happen, and aren't always caught during quality testing, especially on big software projects.

When they fix it, we'll all be better off.

Sorry i was to quick with reacting, but the thing is kinda like you have a date when it is going to be launched and then it doesn't.. Then announch and release it later! :)

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Sorry i was to quick with reacting, but the thing is kinda like you have a date when it is going to be launched and then it doesn't.. Then announch and release it later! :)

I'd much rather them say "we found a major bug, and are working through the night until it is fixed" than them say "here, have at it. Oh, and if you find any bugs, don't forget it is beta software".

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Well considering the approach DICE and EA had with the BF4 launch, they made the launch date and the game is still having problems, that approach we all hate

I'd honestly prefer it if AMD didn't announce a date and just released it when it's ready, but oh well.

Antec 1100 | Asus P8Z87-V | Silverstone Strider 850W 80+ Silver | Intel i5 3570k 4.3Ghz | Corsair h80 | Asus Xonar DGX | Sapphire HD 7850 1000 Mhz | 16 GB Patriot 1600MHz | Intel 330 180GB | OCZ Agility 3 60GB (Cache for HDD) | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Asus VE247H x2 | Ducky Shine 2 - Cherry MX Brown | Razer Deathadder 3.5G | Logitech G430

Well considering the approach DICE and EA had with the BF4 launch, they made the launch date and the game is still having problems, that approach we all hate

I'd honestly prefer it if AMD didn't announce a date and just released it when it's ready, but oh well.

I feel like EA rushed BF4 which also rushed mantle. DICE and AMD were both stuck out in the cold by EA trying to compete with CoD ghosts. had DICE been given the time they needed (6 months I feel would have done it) it appears that it would have launched with Mantle support, and Mantle would be working pretty well at that point.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Knew that it wouldn't be on time even though Mantle got released but great that they realized the bug before they released it to everyone.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer