LTT Official Folding Month 2019!!!

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Alright guys, the time for locking this thread has come, can you all please use the Folding Community Board for all further talk.

Thank you all again for participating in the event.

Once the sheet is cleaned up I will edit this post to add the link to the spreadsheet.

@TVwazhere Can you please lock this thread for me. 

21 minutes ago, SpicyTater said:

Im folding with my main PC (im gone 12+ hrs a day, im going to let it fold 24/7) Its a FX6300, asus M5A97 R2.0 mobo, 16 GB 1600 MHz ram and a GTX 1060 3GB. i took the overclock off the cpu so i didnt harm it since im going to run this for a month straight. 

My question is this: i have a GTX 690 that i could put into my mobo aswell, it would be in a 8x PCI slot, would it be worth it?

Every little bit helps!

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

Would it make a differnce if i swapped my gfx carfds around... i.e.

currently I have

GTX 2070 Super as my main card

then 1070ti as the second card

according to Nvidia control panel it has 12 applications running 

image.png.6123b910204e8461546b034da423960b.png

while the 1070ti - just one (f@h)

so if the 2070 super has less applications running it should give extra points... but the amount would it be worth it?

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

19 minutes ago, shaz2sxy said:

Would it make a differnce if i swapped my gfx carfds around... i.e.

currently I have

GTX 2070 Super as my main card

then 1070ti as the second card

according to Nvidia control panel it has 12 applications running 

image.png.6123b910204e8461546b034da423960b.png

while the 1070ti - just one (f@h)

so if the 2070 super has less applications running it should give extra points... but the amount would it be worth it?

Depends what you need the GPU for apart from folding.

If you do use it only for folding than I would suggest to use the iGPU instead (if you have one).

Then all your GPU power is used for folding.

The first blog post is up now!

enjoy!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

9 minutes ago, foldinghomealone said:

Depends what you need the GPU for apart from folding.

If you do use it only for folding than I would suggest to use the iGPU instead (if you have one).

Then all your GPU power is used for folding.

Oooo good idea... 

Is only temporarily during the month of fold. Will be abstaining from gaming lol

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

Any ideas as to what would cause a system that was previously folding well to just start throwing BSODs pointing to nvlddmkm.sys?

Known good cpu, memory, board, psu, and theoretically the TESLA cards should be good still as well.

1 minute ago, _Rlocke said:

Any ideas as to what would cause a system that was previously folding well to just start throwing BSODs pointing to nvlddmkm.sys?

Known good cpu, memory, board, psu, and theoretically the TESLA cards should be good still as well.

Clean OS install not fix it? 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

16 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Clean OS install not fix it? 

Tried a clean install, got it to start to fold again but almost immediate BSOD, i'm going to switch to linux to see if its just the OS being fuckity or if the hardware actually has problems.

2 minutes ago, _Rlocke said:

Tried a clean install, got it to start to fold again but almost immediate BSOD, i'm going to switch to linux to see if its just the OS being fuckity or if the hardware actually has problems.

I'm presuming you've already checked but temps in check? 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Yeah cards are cool to the touch, have around 30CFM going through them with a forced blower for each card. 

Looks like the jerries are kicking the bucket already, shame, was hoping they'd put up more of a fight!

image.png.ff001596d55460da1393637bc26a2a0d.png

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 hour ago, shaz2sxy said:

Oooo good idea... 

Is only temporarily during the month of fold. Will be abstaining from gaming lol

No need to abstain.  I'm enjoying Castle of the Winds for Windows 3.1 on my Compaq LTE 5400.  When's the last time you enjoyed some good ol' retro games?  Maybe later I can get back into Legend of the Red Dragon via Telnet BBS!

Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

We've just broke 1800 sign ups people 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

6 hours ago, SpicyTater said:

Im folding with my main PC (im gone 12+ hrs a day, im going to let it fold 24/7) Its a FX6300, asus M5A97 R2.0 mobo, 16 GB 1600 MHz ram and a GTX 1060 3GB. i took the overclock off the cpu so i didnt harm it since im going to run this for a month straight. 

My question is this: i have a GTX 690 that i could put into my mobo aswell, it would be in a 8x PCI slot, would it be worth it?

If you're worried about the 8x connection trust me it wont hold back the 690 enough to make a difference and if you're still worried you can always put the 1060 in the bottom slot and the 690 in the top slot since the dual gpu might need the extra pcie bandwidth. but either way should be fine and definitely contribute.

3 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Looks like the jerries are kicking the bucket already, shame, was hoping they'd put up more of a fight!

image.png.ff001596d55460da1393637bc26a2a0d.png

47 minutes ago, foldinghomealone said:

Our folding event ended Saturday.

Anyway, we can be proud of what we have achieved

definitely be proud of what you put down was hoping for some overlap in our events though. Some battle of the bulge kind of stuff.

Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

51 minutes ago, foldinghomealone said:

Our folding event ended Saturday.

Anyway, we can be proud of what we have achieved

The amazing thing about folding is that although there is friendly competition between teams and even individual members, we are all working on one big thing, together. So, be proud of what WE have achieved. Yes, I make some light hearted 'us vs them' sort of references, but in actuality we are all working together for a better tomorrow! 

Happy folding to you my folding brother!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 minutes ago, palespartan said:

Some battle of the bulge kind of stuff.

We really cant help ourselves can we?

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 hours ago, Corrupt_Liberty said:

No need to abstain.  I'm enjoying Castle of the Winds for Windows 3.1 on my Compaq LTE 5400.  When's the last time you enjoyed some good ol' retro games?  Maybe later I can get back into Legend of the Red Dragon via Telnet BBS!

LotRD and Usurper were great, and spent plenty of my time…dialed up from a 286.  How computing has indeed evolved.

30 minutes ago, justpoet said:

LotRD and Usurper were great, and spent plenty of my time…dialed up from a 286.  How computing has indeed evolved.

Yes indeed.  Although I have considered joining a MUD just for the LOL's.  It'd be nice to play without my mom yelling at me for hogging the phone line.

Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

On 9/26/2019 at 9:02 AM, TVwazhere said:

HAVE AT THEE, HEATHEN!

Yo I'll be honest I have no idea what a technology is these days. Been out for too long

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

I don't use the forums often, but i often loved the idea of shared computing back when i first learned about it ages ago when messing with (i think it was the ps3?) and found it was capable of handling such a task for the better of medical research.

i have a question however.

I've currently set this up on my main rig, a ryzen 2700x with a gtx 1060, but i'd also like to dedicate at least two cores from my app server via hyper-v for 24/7 uninterrupted folding. does the folding application have any known issues being virtualized in such a manner?

Also can i fold under the same username/team/passkey on that application as i do on my main rig?

1 minute ago, AlexxSeven said:

does the folding application have any known issues being virtualized in such a manner?

It works fine, only using assigning 2 cores to the VM more so.

2 minutes ago, AlexxSeven said:

Also can i fold under the same username/team/passkey on that application as i do on my main rig?

Yes.

8 minutes ago, leadeater said:

It works fine, only using assigning 2 cores to the VM more so.

Yes.

oof, quick responses ❤️ i appreciate the help with that. I'll be setting up the dedicated VM for it as well too then asap. thank you!

1 minute ago, AlexxSeven said:

oof, quick responses ❤️ i appreciate the help with that. I'll be setting up the dedicated VM for it as well too then asap. thank you!

That's one thing I love about the folding community, always someone about to help if you need it.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

7 hours ago, yaboistar said:

i've been out of town the last 24h, my ppd will come back up a bit tonight

well I currently expect to have 2-2.8m+ avgs stable with those 3 cards running, one 24/7 and the others through the most of the day too.