Voxility cut off BitMitigate because of 8chan

matrix07012
2 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Oh get off your soapbox, free speech doesn't protect you from the consequences that result from you exercising your "free speech".
This is not just a simple case of "censorship", it's a consequence from the actions (or inaction) on the part of 8chan for allowing the kind of drivel that should never be allowed / is outright illegal in most first world countries if anyone said/did them out in the streets.
Here's the best place for people who have stuff like that to get off their chest.

Oh I get it, so because someone made a post there and broke the law, it's magically a "consequence" now? 
Fuck off, you act like the mods were fucking psychic and knew a dude was actually going to kill anyone. Even if they did fucking delete it before anything happened, do you really think it would've prevented the crime?

If there's a """consequence""" for saying something, online or otherwise, it's not free speech, so stop pretending like it is.

A girl who loves to love.

7 minutes ago, Majinhoju said:

This is just the free market at work.

I WAS going to say something and then this gem of hope was already in this thread.

BUY YOUR OWN FORUM, RUN IT HOW YOU SEE FIT = end of story

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

Just now, Aimi said:

Oh I get it, so because someone made a post there and broke the law, it's magically a "consequence" now? 
Fuck off, you act like the mods were fucking psychic and knew a dude was actually going to kill anyone. Even if they did fucking delete it before anything happened, do you really think it would've prevented the crime?

If there's a """consequence""" for saying something, online or otherwise, it's not free speech, so stop pretending like it is.

nobody is obligated to provide you with a platform for your speech. trying to force someone to do so is an infringement on their rights

2 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

BUY YOUR OWN FORUM, RUN IT HOW YOU SEE FIT = end of story

"Just make your own forum" 

"Just make your own host"
"Just build your own power plant"
"Just mine your own coal"

etc

But hey, enjoy your little echo chamber of a society I guess. Other thoughts and opinions are bad.

1 minute ago, Aimi said:

etc

But hey, enjoy your little echo chamber of a society I guess. Other thoughts and opinions are bad.

It's called capitalism.  8chan just learned the hard way that fostering the worst of humanity can be bad for business.  Nobody else is obliged to keep 8chan as a customer.

3 minutes ago, Aimi said:

etc

you rights stop where it infringes on the rights of others and forcing a company to host 8chan is an infringement of their rights. this reminds me of the raizada echo fox situation. sure raizada has his rights of freedom of speech and cant be forced to sell his shares of echo fox but riot games also has their right to terminate echo fox's contract. sure 8chan has the right to not be banned from being hosted but the hosting companies also have the right to decide not to host them

6 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

you rights stop where it infringes on the rights of others

Funny because that's what CloudFlare and Voxility are doing, but whatever.

1 minute ago, Aimi said:

You should go buy a dictionary 

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Imagine being dumb enough to think someone refusing to let you use their platform equates to an infringement on free speech.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

1 minute ago, Aimi said:

that is not what they are doing because like ive said nobody is obligated to provide you with a platform. if you are in my house shouting at me i can tell you to get out of my house

24 minutes ago, Aimi said:

Free speech is not freedom of consequence.  It simply means the government can't silence you.  It doesn't protect you from being blacklisted by society if society thinks you're disgusting.  How are people still confused over the definition of free speech?

6 minutes ago, Aimi said:

No, they're protecting their own business image by choosing not to do business with 8chan.  No rights were infringed.  The free market has spoken and 8chan are getting shown the door.

4 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

You should go buy a dictionary 

Oh right, it's not infringement because it's a view that disagrees with big tech's agenda. How could I be so naive?

Just now, Aimi said:

Oh right, it's not infringement because it's a view that disagrees with big tech's agenda. How could I be so naive?

That dictionary would really come in handy right now

1 minute ago, Majinhoju said:

Free speech is not freedom of consequence.  It simply means the government can't silence you.  It doesn't protect you from being blacklisted by society if society thinks you're disgusting.  How are people still confused over the definition of free speech?

No, they're protecting their own business image by choosing not to do business with 8chan.  No rights were infringed.  The free market has spoken and 8chan are getting shown the door.

It's always funny how they're free market advocates until the free market starts working against them

1 minute ago, Aimi said:

If I think doing business with you would result in horrible PR for my company, I can and will drop you.

3 minutes ago, Majinhoju said:

A market so free you can't be hosted anywhere. Great!

Just now, Aimi said:

Do you know what a free market is? Or are you just making up the definitions as you go along?  It means the market decides what happens.  Companies rise and fall all the time, it's capitalism.

2 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

It's always funny how they're free market advocates until the free market starts working against them

What's even more funny is how you both insist on calling a market "free" when it's heavily regulated. Yet here you are telling someone else to get a dictionary.

? the government didnt come out and say nobody can host 8chan the companies individually decided that they dont want to on the servers that they own. if i came into your house in the middle of the night and started banging cymbals you would probably tell me to get out and call the police. if i told the police that you are infringing on my right of speech who do you think the police will side with?

Just now, spartaman64 said:

if i came to your house in the middle of the night and started banging cymbals you would probably tell me to get out and call the police. if i told the police that you are infringing on my right of speech who do you think the police will side with?

Do you really think making this same stupid comparison works? It doesn't. It's more related to property rights than anything, but with a stick so far up your own ass I guess you can't figure that out.

Just now, Aimi said:

Do you really think making this same stupid comparison works? It doesn't. It's more related to property rights than anything, but with a stick so far up your own ass I guess you can't figure that out.

and who owns the servers? heres a hit its not 8chan

What's even more funny is how you both insist on calling a market "free" when it's heavily regulated. Yet here you are telling someone else to get a dictionary.

What regulation(s) is making all these companies drop 8chan?

27 minutes ago, Aimi said:

etc

Negative - I don't agree with people trying to say what other people should do.  I am a firm believer in:

Stay in your own lane

Don't want none wont be none

Live and let be

Not your business

Its not yours, your opinion is invalid in reality (however if your opinion can be spoken through with your wallet, in the free market - than it CAN be valid!)

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

1 minute ago, Tristerin said:

Negative - I don't agree with people trying to say what other people should do.  I am a firm believer in:

Then let me ask, if the government shouldn't be allowed to censor you, why should a corporation?