High-end AMD Navi cards are on the way

off wave surfer
9 hours ago, KaitouX said:

The blower 1080(ti) are about as hot as the 5700(XT).

That's kind of my point. The 1080 Ti offers much higher performance compared to the 5700XT.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

20 hours ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Two GPUs running at say 80C doesn't mean anything. How hard was the cooling system working and who was boosting faster relative to its base speed?

as we move to newer nodes heat density is also increasing quite a bit 

• 2 months later...
On 8/1/2019 at 6:02 AM, off wave surfer said:

Since Nvidia torpedoed the RX5700(XT) launch with the RTX Super series cards its good to hear officially that AMD has products that will compete with Nvidia in the high-end market segment.

AMD just held their Q2 earnings call with investors and the like where Lisa Su stated the following.

This echoes "leaks" from Sapphire when they registered that massive list of "possible product names" with the Eurasian Economic Commission last month. Although bear in mind that the contents of the list were "possible product names" so I doubt Sapphire will release that many SKUs, and the same goes for AMD producing this many different chips.

I'm glad that AMD have more to come from Navi unlike the Vega cards where the 56 and 64 cards were all we got for a while until the VII came along with the 7nm node shrink.

Hopefully the higher end Navi cards will give the RTX Super lineup a run for its money, as its possible that these Navi cards were designed to beat/match the regular RXT cards.

Sources:

AMD (about 23 mins in)

VideoCardz

Every new generation seems to have this Amd promise. I hope its true. Radeon hasn't toppled Nvidia since the ATI days...when they were truly enthusiast level...especially around the initial XT days... E.g the 1900XT and 2900XT. At that time they had Nvidia hurting. And were leaps ahead in shader tech. I remember because u left my 1800XT for a new Gpu to power oblivion and got the Geforce 6600 and was like, "oh... Emm... Can I go back?" one of the major reasons being Nvidia cards couldn't run HDR lighting effects and AA at the same time, so you had to choose "better lighting?" or "anti aliasing?" 

4 hours ago, Dehdstar said:

Every new generation seems to have this Amd promise. I hope its true. Radeon hasn't toppled Nvidia since the ATI days...when they were truly enthusiast level...especially around the initial XT days... E.g the 1900XT and 2900XT. At that time they had Nvidia hurting. And were leaps ahead in shader tech. I remember because u left my 1800XT for a new Gpu to power oblivion and got the Geforce 6600 and was like, "oh... Emm... Can I go back?" one of the major reasons being Nvidia cards couldn't run HDR lighting effects and AA at the same time, so you had to choose "better lighting?" or "anti aliasing?" 

That was actually a fault of deferred rendering. A method which doesn't support MSAA (Multisample AA). These days all games run with deferred rendering, which is why everyone is using FXAA/TAA/SMAA, because it's rendering type independent and will antialias anything on the screen as a full screen post process effect and not vertex aware thing.

On 8/2/2019 at 9:59 AM, JoostinOnline said:

Can't wait for the 2080 Ti Super to come out XD

That's the ace in Nvidia's sleeves,will only see it after AMD launch their high end Navi

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

On 8/1/2019 at 11:18 PM, off wave surfer said:

Watching that card turn into a supernova under full load would be a sight to behold awful majestic...

Pro Duo... 

On 8/4/2019 at 12:33 AM, HumdrumPenguin said:

They have to deal with the heat problem first...

Heat problem? Don't buy a blower/ref model and it's not a thing.

4 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Heat problem? Don't buy a blower/ref model and it's not a thing.

Also all the weird shitty lazy ass designs by AIB's. The lazyness and cheap design of a lot of RX 5700XT cards is just shocking. Only decent is Sapphire which actually seems to give a damn about quality design and cooling.

Just now, RejZoR said:

Also all the weird shitty lazy ass designs by AIB's. The lazyness and cheap design of a lot of RX 5700XT cards is just shocking. Only decent is Sapphire which actually seems to give a damn about quality design and cooling.

The Asus Strix also got a good review, but it's over built and really unnecessary, basically the LN2 choice if you're in to that. 

3 hours ago, Belgarathian said:

Pro Duo... 

you misspelled gtx 590/690 (dont remember which one, but one of them is a fire hazard)

R295X2 was a beast though. One of the first true 4K capable cards.

On 8/1/2019 at 7:02 AM, off wave surfer said:

Since Nvidia torpedoed the RX5700(XT) launch with the RTX Super series cards its good to hear officially that AMD has products that will compete with Nvidia in the high-end market segment.

AMD just held their Q2 earnings call with investors and the like where Lisa Su stated the following.

This echoes "leaks" from Sapphire when they registered that massive list of "possible product names" with the Eurasian Economic Commission last month. Although bear in mind that the contents of the list were "possible product names" so I doubt Sapphire will release that many SKUs, and the same goes for AMD producing this many different chips.

I'm glad that AMD have more to come from Navi unlike the Vega cards where the 56 and 64 cards were all we got for a while until the VII came along with the 7nm node shrink.

Hopefully the higher end Navi cards will give the RTX Super lineup a run for its money, as its possible that these Navi cards were designed to beat/match the regular RXT cards.

Sources:

AMD (about 23 mins in)

VideoCardz

I hope these support displayport 2.0 UHBR 20 and ray tracing.

Im already waiting 18 months so i can upgrade my gtx1080 for a better amd card (2x 4k screens, need better card, but im not bending over for nvidia any more). Hope the rx5900 /rx5950 come soon and are better then i have.)

On 8/1/2019 at 6:18 AM, k.m.p said:

I wouldn't worry too much, I doubt these gpu's are going to be released in 2019, likely q1 2020 release.

it’s not mentioned whether any of these cards are navi10 or Navi20

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Big Navi KLAXON!

These were leaked on 3dCenter's forum by a leaker, Berniyh:https://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=12124009#post12124009

image.png.72f3edbde6ad362086f96a6a80d7ca1e.png

Navi 22??? That's a new one, we've not seen that before I don't think.

https://github.com/GPUOpen-Drivers/pal/blob/dev/src/core/imported/addrlib/src/amdgpu_asic_addr.h#L111

And Navi 21...Also Navi 12.

image.png.41a4e00b5720da43d03c375947ba7e24.png

https://github.com/GPUOpen-Drivers/pal/blob/dev/src/core/hw/gfxip/gfx9/chip/gfx10_merged_sdma_packets.h#L285

This ties in with the RRA certification for a big Navi part spotted a few days ago. These are probably still a few months away though. And they are probably RDNA 2.0. At least we're getting something now, Big Navi is starting to pop up every now and then.