would a Ryzen 5 1600 bottleneck two gtx 1050ti

Wynteriscoming

Hi I have had my PC for over a year now and am looking to upgrade it. I currently have a 1050ti, ryzen 5 1600, 500 watt power supply and a motherboard that can fit a second GPU. I have noticed that with some of the games I play, I cannot run good graphics at 60 FPS anymore (eg. Apex Legends). I was wonder what I would need to change (if anything) to add a second 1050ti? Could anyone help me?

4 minutes ago, Wynteriscoming said:

Hi I have had my PC for over a year now and am looking to upgrade it. I currently have a 1050ti, ryzen 5 1600, 500 watt power supply and a motherboard that can fit a second GPU. I have noticed that with some of the games I play, I cannot run good graphics at 60 FPS anymore (eg. Apex Legends). I was wonder what I would need to change (if anything) to add a second 1050ti? Could anyone help me?

No, dont add a second 1050ti. Save for a better GPU instead. SLI really isnt worth it any more. Maybe you could save for an RX570/580/590.

You can't SLI 1050Ti anyway, not without some very horrible software hacks. Save and replace it with a better GPU if you want a performance uplift.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

You can't™ SLI 1050TIs, sell the 1050TI and get a better GPU

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

If I were to replace my GPU with a better one what GPU would you recommend me to buy?

Just now, Wynteriscoming said:

If I were to replace my GPU with a better one what GPU would you recommend me to buy?

GTX 1660 Ti.

3 minutes ago, Wynteriscoming said:

At least a GTX1060/1660 or RX580/590, but a Vega56 is a much better price/performance card right now. If you're set on Ngreedia, the 1660Ti is also pretty decent.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

If you are not squeamish about buying used there are some real bargains out there. Do a little looking and you might be pleasantly surprised.  

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

10 minutes ago, Wynteriscoming said:

ok but why do you say not to buy another 1050ti

They can't be used in SLI so if you put a second one in your computer you won't see any benefit. 

Ryzen 2600 - Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 - Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 3000 C15 2x8GB - Corsair Force MP500 NVMe PCIe M.2 240GB - 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB - 

AsRock B450 PRO4 - Deepcool Earlkase Case -  Seasonic Foucus+ 650

10 minutes ago, Wynteriscoming said:

Because you cannot SLI them, I think people made that pretty clear :) So you will not be able to use two GPU's.

19 minutes ago, Wynteriscoming said:

Absolutely under no circumstances but another 1050ti. Complete waste of money. SLI is not supported and even if it was doing with these cards would be a train wreck. 

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

i looked at used GPUs and found many viable options. Some of the ones that I am interested in (due to price) are 1060, 1070, 1070ti, 1660. Which one would you recommend?

38 minutes ago, Wynteriscoming said:

i looked at used GPUs and found many viable options. Some of the ones that I am interested in (due to price) are 1060, 1070, 1070ti, 1660. Which one would you recommend?

Whatever people have already suggested.