Do you have a dream?

to not fail my next math class

to sleep enough

but for realz i want to get a compsci or electrical engineering degree

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

3 hours ago, RyomaSJibenG said:

dreams are only dreams

the dream ends when the dreamer awakes

don't let you dreams be memes

7 hours ago, Gegger said:

[...]

but for realz i want to get a compsci or electrical engineering degree

Sounds great! I am very close to finishing my electrical engineering degree, so feel free to dm me should you have any questions on the studies or on what you can do with such a degree.

Back to the OP's question: My dream is to become a commercial airline pilot one day. I have to finish my other stuff first though before I can look more into it. I have spent about an hour in an Airbus A320 simulator with an instructor, which was really a great experience.

-

I want to make at least one million dollars in my lifetime. Not necessarily one million all at once on my bank account but the accumulated wealth of years of working.

I want at least one biological kid but not within the next five years. Beyond that I want to help contribute to something significant for humanity. Short term I'm hoping that I'm getting into uni, I'm first on the reserve list but that doesn't mean that I am certain to get in....

Another dream is to never die, fuck you and your "oh it will be so tragic to see everyone around you die", I want to witness the end of everything

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

My main dream/goal is to be able to let my wife work from home.

She doesn't want a corporate life. She wants to cut the grass, repair the house, take care of the horses, work on her woodworking projects, take care of the kids.

I need to find a way to get her there. Couple of ideas right now. Don't know how it will pan out. Only time and effort will tell.

The thing I realized is, our dreams/goals are all possible if we work hard towards them. Only us can get in the way of our dreams. I know it's cliché but it's still the truth. If you work hard enough and put time in your dreams, you shall achieve them. I mean, if they are feasible. You can't learn how to fly without anything, even if you want it really bad, I'm sorry!

Take care guys!

Well my long life dream would be to make my parents happy and to fufil their dream for me. I would love to move out of where i live currently, since its not that great of a place. Every night when we are alone they tell me to get out of this place and move out, and to be honest i want to do the same. Thats why i am trying my best, trying out coding and trying to make it work, going to the best high school in the city and just in all trying my best. I really no longer can take the crappy place i live in. 

Aaaand another dream for me would be to buy my dad a cool car, since he loves cars but hasnt been able to buy what he loves because we lack the money.

18 hours ago, klavushkin said:

Web developer is a very relevant profession of the future. More and more business goes on the Internet. The competition is becoming colossal. But the requirements for web sites are growing. Companies that order the development of the site want to get a quality product that will increase the profitability of the company. They understand that without a good ui and ux design  they will lose to competitors.

My parents still have think internet access is optional in modern day.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

20 hours ago, klavushkin said:

Web developer is a very relevant profession of the future. More and more business goes on the Internet. The competition is becoming colossal. But the requirements for web sites are growing. Companies that order the development of the site want to get a quality product that will increase the profitability of the company. They understand that without a good ui and ux design  they will lose to competitors.

A few obstacle I am facing: 

O level holder only.

Foreign Expat, not local.

Currently working in a relatively entry level job with long hours.

:/ But maybe one day i'll made it. One day.

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

On 7/24/2019 at 7:54 AM, Cora_Lie said:

As stated in the title : Do you have a dream?

And I'm not talking about World Peace here ? or about "flying" to the far end of the universe "To Boldly Go Where No Man Has Gone Before..." ?

I mean a goal... Something you really want to achieve and are ready to commit time, ressources and who you are in order to one day be able to look at yourself in the mirror and say "I did it!"

It's ok if you don't. Some people will find very early in age something that will be their goal in life (and sometime this "goal" will change) and some people don't (ever) and they don't need one.

Me ?

I had a few, I'm working very hard at one of them atm (my daughter, project of a life time to see her grow up, evolve and become the person she wants to be) but I discovered recently a new one ?

It's this :

Hide contents

And no, this is NOT what I bought this year ?

It's more about the idea, the philosophy and to DIY and DITogether idea

The best dreams are those unattainable, even if one were a multi-billionaire. :/

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

I've got the house / family / good job stuff covered. My goals are along the lines of ridding myself and my family of heavy credit card debt and getting out of the paycheck to paycheck mode we always kinda seem to be stuck in.

Finding a way to utilize my degree I spent so much money on would be spectacular. (Perhaps creating my own indie game.)

But that's tough when the job putting food on the table and letting my wife stay home with the kids takes up so much of my time, and I want to spend the time I'm not at work with my family.

17 hours ago, Oso Sin Nombre said:

getting-a-green-card.thumb.jpg.7ae720000e07d26bf543bc0487c102db.jpg

That is a seriously strenuous process. Best wishes!

My long term goal is to move to another country and become a commercial pilot. 

AGI.

I've been fascinated with AI since, oh... Since I first played Halo? Then Portal, then Star Trek, and so on. I'm working with machine learning, and my goal is to develop truly general AI. Calling the stuff we have now AI is a bit like calling a toaster a computer because it has a transistor. Yes, it does indeed perform *a* computation is the most inclusive sense, but that computation is literally just a single switch, it can't do anything else. Similarly, stuff like self-driving cars just use a very sophisticated type of optimization. The program gets better at a specific task in a specific way by more or less a game of hot and cold. AGI is capable of abstract reasoning. That's what I want to make, or at least contribute to.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

I'm going to keep it vague.

One of the few dreams that I can remember having for a long time is actually feasible, and if I manage to not sit around reading Discord and LTT I might actually get it in weeks/months depending on how hard I work on it.

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

to create my ideas. I have ideas in almost every field I have encountered. Anyway small age big dreams.

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

Nuclear fusion and solid-state batteries. Finally no more coal. 

To hold a real life RTX 2080 ti in my own hands

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

6 minutes ago, TrainFan2019 said:

To hold a real life RTX 2080 ti in my own hands

^this this...

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

I have achieved much of my dreams early in my life.

These days, I simply wish to outlive my enemies. I can settle with that

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

As of now, mine is to build a pc for my 17th birthday (Born on 2002, July 29) for which I have the money ( My pocket money which I saved from last 2 years going on foot... 3kms-4kms sniff....sniff) 

But it seem it might never come true :(