Mantle is NOT Delayed, Coming as Scheduled.

Its free isnt it. Why is everyone complaining so hard! Seriously.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

A months delay doesn't mean much, Shadowplay & GeForce experience remained in a dreadful buggy BETA state for a very long time.

Would rather AMD release a polished software stack rather than a turd to meet schedules.

Yes but Nvidia never said it wouldn't be buggy. They said it would be released in the month and it was and they said it would be released buggy to. AMD got everyone's hopes up with marketing hype and crap like that with no actual proof that Mantle  is any good. When it is released we will know for sure if it's any good.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

They should have kept it as an announcement and not a release. Give no dates, get it done.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Ya but mantle gives WAY better performance for alot less then a buggy driver Nvidia GPU that don't play BF4 very good to begin with..But hey you got PhysX right?haha 

Ya but mantle gives WAY better performance for alot less then a buggy driver Nvidia GPU that don't play BF4 very good to begin with..But hey you got PhysX right?haha 

We don't know that yet, let's be fair.

The Mantle launch could be as bad as the BF4 launch. I mean we could all get stuck being the damn beta testers for a final release product that is basically still in Beta.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

We don't know that yet, let's be fair.

The Mantle launch could be as bad as the BF4 launch. I mean we could all get stuck being the damn beta testers for a final release product that is basically still in Beta.

Well I know there was a big wait for the Frame Pacing drivers and those helped alot..And every BF has had issues lol..

Well I know there was a big wait for the Frame Pacing drivers and those helped alot..And every BF has had issues lol..

You know, BF3 actually had it together a lot more than BF4. 

BF3 was Dice and EA's masterppiece

BF4 was EA trying to get a game out in time for COD

Dice and EA fucked up, they know it and they better change things or they'll lose a lot of the core gamers that make their games interesting.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

You know, BF3 actually had it together a lot more than BF4. 

BF3 was Dice and EA's masterppiece

BF4 was EA trying to get a game out in time for COD

Dice and EA fucked up, they know it and they better change things or they'll lose a lot of the core gamers that make their games interesting.

I love BF4!When i can actually join a server lol..I have zero issues except sometimes for up to 45min i can't join a damn server lol..I guess that's a problem  :lol:

oh wait so ur saying wccftech was wrong

OMG
STOP THE PRESSES !!!!

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I love BF4!When i can actually join a server lol..I have zero issues except sometimes for up to 45min i can't join a damn server lol..I guess that's a problem  :lol:

I only BETA tested BF4, I was supremely disappointed at the amount of issue I had with that game. no matter which system I played on it was too buggy. The beta is what made me decide not to get the damn game.

Hail Sithis!

I only BETA tested BF4, I was supremely disappointed at the amount of issue I had with that game. no matter which system I played on it was too buggy. The beta is what made me decide not to get the damn game.

The beta was a piece of SHIT!!! I was getting like 40fps with my two 7950s lol..The none beta is much better except the random server kicks and not being able to log in at times..Everyone makes it out to be so much worse cause it's cool for these kids in here to hate EA..

well if they are going to release mantle in January they have about 4 days to do it. Come on dice and AMD clocks a ticking.

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

The beta was a piece of SHIT!!! I was getting like 40fps with my two 7950s lol..The none beta is much better except the random server kicks and not being able to log in at times..Everyone makes it out to be so much worse cause it's cool for these kids in here to hate EA..

I was getting frame drops to single digits with my 2 580's at medium. My laptop's 660m ran it better. The beta ruined it for me!

Hail Sithis!

If it means it won't be buggy as crap, than its all good in the hood.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

The BF4 beta was what made me buy the game,

It ran beautifully at maximum settings (Beta-MAX), I didn't have much of the issues others had like CPU usage, I was able to record while playing and had a ball, hence me buying it, finding it unfinished and super annoyed,...off and on playing it moreso and moreso as time goes on with every patch, they break things on every patch, quickly rectified IMO,.. still needs work however.

Great potential, forced release game problems really killed its good publicity ratio in every regard.

Like you guys,..Looking forward to Mantle, about time.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

A months delay doesn't mean much, Shadowplay & GeForce experience remained in a dreadful buggy BETA state for a very long time.

Would rather AMD release a polished software stack rather than a turd to meet schedules.

Funny, i had both since day they were released, and shadowplay only had one bug so far, and it was rectified within one patch update... Shadowplay is still beta! 

On the other hand Shadowplay was delayed and they released it when it was ready for a beta release, Mantle delay is not unexpected, since it will be released as a finished product.

Guys have patience!!!

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

Sure a 780 will win in Minecraft and the Sims, while the 280X will win in Battlefield friggin 4.

My point is Mantle will be in games where you will benefit a ton from the better performance which makes the win much more significant.

If you already are getting 90+ FPS the added performance wouldn't matter, but if you had 60+ FPS and now you  have 70+ it suddenly makes it possible to enable AA or even more eye candy.

you do not know that. I'm sticking with my gut that mantle will not be that good, it would not be of such a benefit to amd because if the 280 beats a 780 which is one of nvidias best cards then why should people buy a 290. Yes people will still buy the highest end but less would. Lets wait and see what happens 

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

OWMAYGOWD! AMD is developing a time machine!

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

Sure a 780 will win in Minecraft and the Sims, while the 280X will win in Battlefield friggin 4.

My point is Mantle will be in games where you will benefit a ton from the better performance which makes the win much more significant.

If you already are getting 90+ FPS the added performance wouldn't matter, but if you had 60+ FPS and now you  have 70+ it suddenly makes it possible to enable AA or even more eye candy.

Minecraft and the Sims? There are still a huge number of games where a 280X will be outperformed by a 780. Last I heard, games like Witcher 3, The Division, or Titanfall had no plans for Mantle support. Not to mention a lot of the technically demanding already-released games that are still relevant. I'm sure Mantle support will increase over time and that it will give some decent numbers, but for now, the limited number of games supporting it for the forseeable future is a perfectly valid thing to bring up. For the next few months at least, "2 games" seems like a valid statement. Aside from BF4 and Thief, I'm not aware of any Mantle-supported games that are releasing soon.

Anyway, do we have any indication that close to higher end cards like the 280X will be getting the 20%+ performance increase needed to beat cards like the 780?

Wonder if it is possible for crypto coin mining can benefit from mantle ???

So it is the 29th, if they do get it out they are sure cutting it close. I would be very happy to just see it pop up tomorrow.

So... today or tomorrow amd.. bring it on :D

Case: Fractal Design R4 Window PSU: Seasonic G-series 650w MOBO: 870 Extreme R2.0 CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE RAM: 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 GPU: Asus DirectCU II Radeon HD 7970 

Damnit! I am going sailing today (00:14 now) I wanted to try the Mantle patch before I leave for 1½ months!

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

I feel like amd will deliver the drivers, you know Catalyst 14.1, as promised but they can't promise bf4 implementation of mantle on the same month but maybe I'm wrong. On another note, it seems like thief will be amd's demonstration of all their new tech: truaudio and mantle.

PS I don't know why R9 290x and 290 are the only r9 card that support truaudio.

Cause those are their flagship cards.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/