Alleged AMD Navi GPU Based Graphics Card PCB Leaks Out - 8GB GDDR6, 256-bit Bus

23rttlj.jpg

2vjby9s.jpg

A printed circuit board shot of what seems to be the next-gen AMD Radeon RX Navi based graphics card has leaked out (via Komachi). The alleged PCB seems to be of a high-end graphics card based on the 7nm Navi GPU. It’s certainly not a entry level graphics card based on the specs we are looking at and could be a proper Radeon RX 580 / RX 590 replacement that should fall under the Radeon 600 series family.

So coming to the details, we see the large ball grid array for the GPU and VRAM. Around the GPU package, we can spot BGA’s for 8 DRAM packages. Looking closely, the BGA package size is 180 which means this card will be using GDDR6 memory making them the first AMD based card to utilize the new standard. The 8 DRAM packages also confirm a 256-bit interface for the bus which shows that this card would be placed somewhere around the RTX 2070 which also features a 256-bit bus interface and 8 GB of GDDR6 VRAM. Only the front side of the PCB has the BGA packages which suggest the card would feature 8 GB of VRAM since the backside of the PCB cannot be utilized for extra DRAM placement. As far as display connectors are concerned, we are looking at two DisplayPort, a single HDMI and also what seems to be a USB Type-C port at the bottom left side of the PCB. AMD could be following in NVIDIA’s footsteps who offered USB Type-C Virtual Link connector on their RTX 20 series cards.

In terms of power delivery, the card rocks an 8 phase VRM and power is provided through two PCIe connectors. The cutouts are for 8-pin connectors but it’s up to the manufacturers to use them as 8 or 6 pin power outlets. 

Source: https://wccftech.com/amd-navi-gpu-radeon-rx-graphics-card-pcb-leak-gddr6-vram/

Well seeing that the announcement for Navi GPUs is supposed to happen towards the end of May, it makes sense that we are seeing leaked PCB layouts now. Leading one to believe that the cards are very much under production now, and seeing final design hopefully by Computex. There's supposed to be major improvements with the Navi arch, while although still GCN at its core, IPC and efficiency should be greatly improved compared to Radeon VII. Although, we will have to wait until the 27th of May to see if this all pans out.

20 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Sees shittech  Is this the salt mine where I start my Thorn quest?

Yes. Have fun, it's a tough quest :D

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

36 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Yes. Have fun, it's a tough quest :D

Annoying is the word you're looking for. Not that hard, just annoying. 

Wait, what is this derail?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1st I see that Bullzoid overlooked:
THe holes for the 6pin PCIe connectors.

As we all remember, there were some Cards in the past that had 2x8pin on the PCB but the retail cards came with 6+8pin.

I don't recall the HD5870 and 6970 but the Reference 7970 and 290 had 8pin on the PCB but 6+8 populated.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Xpfio50.gif

I have no clue what I'm looking at, didn't read anything, just saw the title and ?

Only 1 month left to find out if the next gen from AMD will be trash or good/competitive. I really don't care about rumors before launch.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

I did most of the strike for a guy last night cuz him and they other dude kept dying.  So, I killed all the shriekers, ogers, knights, and witches while they did the other stuff.  Titan with 10 res and 7 recovery.

I just golden gunned all the bosses. Hunter with 6 res and 4 recovery.

39 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

What?

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Looks a ton like a generic engineering sample board to be used across the line for validating various GPUs in the series.  Switches to indicate/enable things, or more likely to hook up diagnostics, twin 8 pins to power even the most aggressive OC testing (which wouldn't use a fan/blower on a normal heat sink anyway), etc.  He did mention workstation hopes, but keep in mind AMD also does computer cards, which often would go into servers and get a single slot height limit, so that makes sense as a single reference design, especially if it is an engineering sample test board.

InB4 4 slot width and just a side mounted fan acting as a blower.  :P

18 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

What?

Show him that there was once a card from AMD that had 8pin PCIe on the PCB but came with 2x6pin instead (though that was the old PCB)...

And the 7970 also had 2x8pin on the PCB and came with 6+8.,

TDP or so was at the lower 200W (somewhere around 220W or so)...

I thought Navi was supposed to be the big new thing that was not GCN?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

5 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Its still kinda GCN but heavily modified. IIRC the last iteration of GCN.

The issues with GCN are mostly frontend a bit caching and also Bandwith...

If they can reduce the bandwith that the Chip needs to perform well and increase the efficiency it shouldn't be a problem to have something in the area of the 2080.

225W~300W TDP if it's 6+8 pin

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

Lol at people and their endless talking about stupid GCN this, GCN that while pretending NVIDIA absolutely and totally redesigns their GPU's every time (hint, it does not). Besides, what even is GCN? I think people don't even know and it's the same shit as any AMD card from last decade and a half... AMD could totally redesign the chip and call it GCN 2000 and everyone would lose their shit because oh muh god, it's GCN. That's how much it matters whether it's GCN or not.

2 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Lol at people and their endless talking about stupid GCN this, GCN that while pretending NVIDIA absolutely and totally redesigns their GPU's every time (hint, it does not). Besides, what even is GCN? I think people don't even know and it's the same shit as any AMD card from last decade and a half... AMD could totally redesign the chip and call it GCN 2000 and everyone would lose their shit because oh muh god, it's GCN. That's how much it matters whether it's GCN or not.

I think it's because of the uarch names. Nvidia uses distinct names so it appears to the average person like each iteration is brand new.

16 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Sees shittech  Is this the salt mine where I start my Thorn quest?

Bullshit, wccftech is decent nowadays, it started bad with fake rumours (that people believed, thats their fault), but nowadays it just posts same info you get everywhere so stop the wccftech hate its 2019 not 2015...

I can foresee that RX 600 series(navi based) will be 12nm and RX Navi high end will be 7nm.

Its probably too expensive to make low-midrange RX 600 gpu on 7nm atm.

I think they'll just slam 7nm across the board. Do you know how many more GPU's they can fit on one waffer if they are 7nm? Besides, the process is now mature enough and 7nm isn't what was adding the bulk of price to Vega cards. It was HBM.

12 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Nah, Navi is GCNs last iteration, the new architecture comes after it.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

33 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

I think they'll just slam 7nm across the board. Do you know how many more GPU's they can fit on one waffer if they are 7nm? Besides, the process is now mature enough and 7nm isn't what was adding the bulk of price to Vega cards. It was HBM.

Depends. If the die sizes remain the same then they're not getting any more chips out of a wafer (assuming yields are similar). They might not shrink the chips that much instead opting to use the space for more stuff to increase performance.

5 hours ago, yian88 said:

Bullshit, wccftech is decent nowadays, it started bad with fake rumours (that people believed, thats their fault), but nowadays it just posts same info you get everywhere so stop the wccftech hate its 2019 not 2015...

Or has everyone gotten as bad as wccftech and normalized it. Or is everyone else's source wccftech. ?

Other than the painfully obvious fake stuff I don't think it matters who or what they are posting, basically every rumor is near as much false information mostly using supposition rather than actual sources of information. Now days it's fairly easy to surmise what the next generation or model of product is going to be and end up close to it. A lot of the places/people that post these rumors that claim to have sources I'm very dubious of, it's one thing to make a claim about the number of CUs or SMs etc and another to break information about new technology within the architecture and those people I'm more inclined to believe have actual sources.

Some are hoping for a usb type c connector. There is no usb type c on that pcb. 

Edit: nvm maybe there is one on the bottom left.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

So it really looks like an engineering sample and maybe a workstation card? 

Either way, this one does seem like something that would be mid to high end range card potentially. I doubt this config would be a good amount faster than Radeon VII though. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |