LTT Conglomerate main discussion thread

Who is in the high council/council/group leaders? is there a list or has it not been decided yet?

As Wauthar stated:

The High Council consists of @Slick, @ixi_your_face and @Blade of Grass as of now.

There will be leaders of the groups of the UOLTTC as in: Salvage group leader; trade group leader; military group leader; etc.

And those leaders will serve as a council that works under the High Council. At least that's how my understanding of it is. But those leaders have not been chosen yet. They likely will not because there's nothing to gain merit by at this point. Leadership is a difficult quality to gain. I'm sure it'll be decided both by referral of the fleet and selection of the High Council. They're cool guys though, all of the HC. So it'll work out when it works out.

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Appreciation to: artofinca.com | UOLTT Conglomerate on RSI and LTT

If you don't know what my avatar is, it's from: Silverhawks

Should I save up and instead of buying ships, purchase a bunch of windows tablets, do the remote desktop viewer, attach them to my desk and chair, all in order to mimic the cockpit of the 300 series?

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Should I save up and instead of buying ships, purchase a bunch of windows tablets, do the remote desktop viewer, attach them to my desk and chair, all in order to mimic the cockpit of the 300 series?

I would like to see this but I have no idea how it will work. I say do it!

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Build something like this but with HOTAS and a oculus rift instead  :D  

Star Citizen UOLTTC Captain Beliskner

I wonder if once it is released a mod could be made to output the ship displays to other devices, that would be awesome. Plot a route to a planet, click it over to auto pilot and pair the displays to my tablet while I go cook some food or what not.

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

I wonder if once it is released a mod could be made to output the ship displays to other devices, that would be awesome. Plot a route to a planet, click it over to auto pilot and pair the displays to my tablet while I go cook some food or what not.

That would be awesome

Are they allowing mods? I know live for speed someone built a car dash that would be pretty sweet if my speed displayed on my tablet.

I'm loving changing my loadout on my phone for bf4 and msi afterburner on the phone is handy

Are they allowing mods? I know live for speed someone built a car dash that would be pretty sweet if my speed displayed on my tablet.

I'm loving changing my loadout on my phone for bf4 and msi afterburner on the phone is handy

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/categories/modding They have a full section in the forums and I think I remember hearing at some stage that modding would be available however not on the official server persistent universe but could be used on private servers.

Yeah that is one of the best things with bf4 the web integration in real time. especially the game map on my tablet just below my screen :D

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/categories/modding They have a full section in the forums and I think I remember hearign at some stage that modding would be available however not on the official server persistent universe but could be used on private ones.

Yeah that is one of the best things with bf4 the web integration in real time. especially the game map on my tablet just below my screen :D

You can get the game map?

So out of curiosity...

Aurora or Mustang?!

I think I will swap my aurora for the Mustang because of how much cooler the Mustang looks :D

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

You can get the game map?

in bf4 yes you can when you are in a match select the map (this is through battlelog) and it will show you a live minimap, I can either use this on my tablet or on my second monitor provided I don't have voice coms up on there.

Also @ixi_your_face Would we be able to have a post or wiki or something that can be kept up to date with the latest info about the org for the org members, like the rsi signature a bit of info a list of leaders etc. basically a central point of info as we seem a bit scattered at the moment with bits of info in posts in this thread which is at time of posting 2388 posts! I could pop up a quick unofficial wiki if needed.

edit: although a doc might do it.

-Groucho Marx

Build something like this but with HOTAS and a oculus rift instead  :D  

Good god. That's the most bad ass thing ever. But why does that simulator make the car almost look like it's flying?!

I would go nuts with that. And perhaps puke. But man. Must have.

So out of curiosity...

Aurora or Mustang?!

I think I will swap my aurora for the Mustang because of how much cooler the Mustang looks :D

In my opinion, won't make much of a difference performance wise other than Mustang doesn't have missiles.

So I think basing your choice on looks is fine with those two, lol.

Though some Aurora's have beds.

In my opinion, won't make much of a difference performance wise other than Mustang doesn't have missiles.

So I think basing your choice on looks is fine with those two, lol.

Though some Aurora's have beds.

I thought in the concepts it's purpose was going to be a newer more agile competitor to the aurora. Where the aurora would be able to carry more cargo but the Mustang would be faster. 

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

So out of curiosity...

Aurora or Mustang?!

ill swap my LN for a mustang,i dont mind not having missiles(they are easy to evade)  ,bullets on the other hand ... :)

I thought in the concepts it's purpose was going to be a newer more agile competitor to the aurora. Where the aurora would be able to carry more cargo but the Mustang would be faster. 

Concept wise, yeah. It'll have some advantages and disadvantages, but overall they're both starter ships. You likely will be looking to upgrade in game as soon as possible or just get another ship like the 300 series.

My bad, I should've explained myself better.

Given the concept of both ships, yes, the Mustang will be faster but until we know the exact thruster amount or class and power plant specifications, will it be that much faster or will it be negligible. The Mustang looks like it will be a lighter ship though. So take we'll have to account for the mass of the ship, but without engine knowledge the Mustang might just have a higher acceleration or a higher top speed. In a fight against a Hornet class, I don't think it'll matter for combat, haha.

Combat wise, the Mustang is seemingly a better dog fighter, but Aurora has missiles which are likely heat seeking. Offensively I don't see how either of them necessarily have an advantage, but more so might be better in certain situations of combat while lacking in others.

Cargo wise, the Aurora is suppose to have more cargo for larger hauls, but the Mustang could have a decent size as well. I would think it's safe to assume the Mustang might have more cargo than say.. M50. Which has 3 tonnes. So maybe the Mustang has 4 tonnes. Well, the Aurora has 5 tonnes. So is it a big enough difference or is it again negligible?

But, because we don't really have hard specifications on the Mustang since it's still being created, which we have seen countless details changed in ships even after the model was made, I think for now basing your decision on looks is all right. They're both starter class ships. It's not gonna be the ship you live and die in for the long haul of the game.

It's... Like paying Gran Turismo. Do you get the Toyota Vitz or the Sprinter? Won't matter becuase as soon as you finish the FF or FR series race, you'll be driving that and likely sell your first to pay for upgrades.

So, again. Go for looks, dude. And AIM to purchase an Idris in game.

EDIT: Sorry, there's also a lot more that can be discussed in comparing the two ships so check out this page...

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/108070/how-would-you-balance-the-mustang-aurora-specs-speculation

Hiei posts up a wonderful debate about the two ships that might be able to give you a clearer deciding factor. I'm also at work or I would make this post 2 pages long, haha. Regards!

the sim moves so much so that can feel the moves similar to the forces you would in the car.

as the the mustang vs aurora, I agree with ape, they are the ships you use when you start or you lose all the things.

ill swap my LN for a mustang,i dont mind not having missiles(they are easy to evade) ,bullets on the other hand ... :)

I've heard there will be a mustang LN so you don't lose out

LOL this was in the 42 million funding goal 

• Towel – And of course, everyone who backs before we hit $42 million will also receive a towel for their hangar. Don’t explore the galaxy without it!

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

LOL this was in the 42 million funding goal 

• Towel – And of course, everyone who backs before we hit $42 million will also receive a towel for their hangar. Don’t explore the galaxy without it!

It's a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technology_in_The_Hitchhiker%27s_Guide_to_the_Galaxy#Towels

Star Citizen UOLTTC Captain Beliskner

the 25th of May is Towel day http://towelday.org/ we should all have our towels by then :D

-Groucho Marx

@DamDirtyApe The fake leak has backfired, it now makes me, and more importantly, the org look bad.