LTT Conglomerate main discussion thread

Well from everything I have been able to read there will be lots to explore and things always being added. Personally I have a 315p as well for exploration, but will be picking up the Carrack if it goes on sale.

?

lol, 2200 members, y u so oblivious :P

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Yeah, I'm kinda stuck on the thought of it.  It's hard not to feel like you've bought a starter ship when you've been shown how nice the Freelancer is (the Connie is a dream).  I'd love to throw more cash at the game, but bills, life, and the like.  Judging from the ship breakdown of the other organizations out there, there are quite a few that have freelancer or larger ships, and my thought was, how the hell is an explorer 315p going to make money out there against a more capable ship.  I guess part of my concern stems from the lack of info as to how we're going to earn money out there as an explorer.  I can only think that we'll need to pad our accounts with extra support cash in order to allow us to go out as an explorer.  I can't see how we'd be able to grab cash easily as exploration doesn't seem to have renewable resources that you could cash in on.  Once it's discovered, you can't really do it again.  I think I read that maps being sold is a possibility, so perhaps that's renewable in that you could sell to multiple people you're maps of specific systems, but I can't see this as being very profitable.  I dunno, I'd like to read more about it, but I'm not sure I've seen any article on exploration specifically (Any direction you could point me to would be awesome).  So, I'm tempted to grab a Freelancer DUR for the advantage, but I'm reminding myself that I can work up to it in-game rather than spend money IRL.  I'd rather not rob myself of achievement before I've even had a chance to fly my ship and I'd rather focus that IRL money on more RAM.

Just wait till release and get one, geez >_>

All ships we see now will be available then and you don't have to spend Your real money on it.

And no i didn't read it all, to much of a cluster of text for me to decipher, sorry if i missed something.

Chris Roberts has done an interview with PC Gamer, looks like the game will be released sometime in 2016, 2 years to go :(

Multicrew ships for DFM won't be done until end of the year, such long dates to wait. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Chris Roberts has done an interview with PC Gamer, looks like the game will be released sometime in 2016, 2 years to go :(

Multicrew ships for DFM won't be done until end of the year, such long dates to wait. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3lhXDaHcvo#t=10

honestly this game is moving on a fast development track, considering how ambitious is

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

honestly this game is moving on a fast development track, considering how ambitious is

Heh Idunno bout that but some people say otherwise. i don't know what they expect though, they nag the "its been two years and all they have released is DFM"

Heh Idunno bout that but some people say otherwise. i don't know what they expect though, they nag the "its been two years and all they have released is DFM"

yeah but those people are incapable of logical thought :D if you look at the DFM even as it is, add a few more ships, some weapons and some maps and you have quite a good fully functioning game (granted basic but decent). And a lot of the time is spend building things we will never even see its all the systems that go on behind all the shiny. Also we have had the Hangar and the DFM as playable modules, people always forget about the hangar.

Another thing to remember is that due to the development model we will have lots of updates leading up to the final release so while it is 2 years away we will have a lot of stuff to break in the mean time.

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

Honestly the development pace is decent, but it's just that they announce releases and features, but take another 6 months after the initial announced date to release something that bugs me. I'd have no problem if they said, "look, we have a lot of new stuff to implement, so DFM is going to be released in may/june", but saying its going to be released in December, then March, then April, then June, is annoying and poorly handled, IMO.

phew, that new patch sure fixed alot. still no proper key/joystick rebind but ah well. 
and i didnt se any "SLI fix" but that will remain to be seen (updating now)

Edit: nope still having SLI issues. oh well. at lest the game runs better now.

phew, that new patch sure fixed alot. still no proper key/joystick rebind but ah well.

and i didnt se any "SLI fix" but that will remain to be seen (updating now)

favourite line: Improved lighting but for real this time

Besides the control mappings that are still missing, the feature I look forward to is the implementation of some anti aliasing. The hangar looks like a disco bar with all those lines strobing so terribly.

Besides the control mappings that are still missing, the feature I look forward to is the implementation of some anti aliasing. The hangar looks like a disco bar with all those lines strobing so terribly.

you can do it in the console but I forget what the command is

you can do it in the console but I forget what the command is

You can, but I had terrible artifacting when I started messing with the AA settings. I'll wait for the official support.

You can, but I had terrible artifacting when I started messing with the AA settings. I'll wait for the official support.

strange no problems my end

strange no problems my end

Different hardware, different software... Different problems. Still waiting for the official offering is a little better when it comes to testing too, say you have your AA on how do you report a graphical bug without the AA possibly being the cause. Still it is fun playing in the console and seeing what there is to play around with.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

Just tried out the DFM for the first time, pretty fun but damn it's hard to control with either the keyboard or a 360 controller, guess I'll have to get a proper joystick for this one...

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F

Just tried out the DFM for the first time, pretty fun but damn it's hard to control with either the keyboard or a 360 controller, guess I'll have to get a proper joystick for this one...

Yeah it is a little funky to get your head around, I have only tried with KB+M so far but I am off work next week so I can sit down and get the controller out and actually have a good look at what's going on.

I just find the mouse to be very sensitive and no null zone so you are always moving in some strange direction.

-Groucho Marx

Yeah it is a little funky to get your head around, I have only tried with KB+M so far but I am off work next week so I can sit down and get the controller out and actually have a good look at what's going on.

I just find the mouse to be very sensitive and no null zone so you are always moving in some strange direction.

There is but it's quite small. A tip would be to temporarily switch to relative mode and let the ship center itself.

PC Specs: Case: NZXT Phantom 530; Motherboard: Maximus VI Formula; CPU: Intel Haswell I5 4670k; CPU Cooler: Intel Stock (for now); RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 2x4GB 1600 MHz; GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 DD; HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Black; SSD: Samsung 840 EVO; PSU: Corsair AX 860; Monitor: Asus MX23H

There is but it's quite small. A tip would be to temporarily switch to relative mode and let the ship center itself.

See well there is the problem I haven't had a sane moment to sit down and learn the key mappings to switch to any damn mode, haha work sucks!

-Groucho Marx

Different hardware, different software... Different problems. Still waiting for the official offering is a little better when it comes to testing too, say you have your AA on how do you report a graphical bug without the AA possibly being the cause. Still it is fun playing in the console and seeing what there is to play around with.

yeah defo, it's annoying because my gpu can take it no problem but my CPU is getting murdered on the ai, I'm hoping I can play multiplayer fine

360 takes some getting use to, you have to be smooth with the turning otherwise the overcorrection due to momentum will ruin it for you