Leaked Intel GPU Shroud Designs

Catsandcats
4 minutes ago, Hellion said:

If you need a PC that compact, then purchase a laptop.

A laptop is more expensive, will be less powerful, will throttle more, be louder, and harder to upgrade. Keep it closed and use it like you would a desktop and it will be even louder and throttle even more.

Any time I see someone build a machine that is consol sized, unless it has entry level hardware, they always thermal throttle with all the panels closed.

Poorly built systems will, but you can very easily built a SFF system with high end components that won't throttle.

Just another dumb fad that still doesn't justify that blower cards literally sound like a leaf blower under load.

Another preference that people have that is absolutely one of many competely valid reasons for the existence of blower cards.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

23 minutes ago, 79wjd said:

A laptop is more expensive, will be less powerful, will throttle more, be louder, and harder to upgrade. Keep it closed and use it like you would a desktop and it will be even louder and throttle even more.

Poorly built systems will, but you can very easily built a SFF system with high end components that won't throttle.

Another preference that people have that is absolutely one of many competely valid reasons for the existence of blower cards.

I've seen plenty of SFF PCs with 1080ti's that don't throttle. 

Some people just don't realize that the whole industry is a scale of products and needs,  you'd have to be a moron to assume that just because something is pointless in one situation that it's flawed for every other end use case.  But I see there are a few around who actually believe that. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

24 minutes ago, 79wjd said:

Poorly built?

Most of these cases are so tiny there is literally only one way to build in them and actually be able to close the panels.

Consol sized form factor and high end hardware to date is a unicorn.

I'm not sure what fantasy you live in....

What does windows 10 and ET have in common?

They are both constantly trying to phone home.

1 minute ago, Hellion said:

Poorly built?

Most of these cases are so tiny there is literally only one way to build in them and actually be able to close the panels.

Consol sized form factor and high end hardware to date is a unicorn.

I'm not sure what SFF systems you're looking at but most decently built systems in a good case won't throttle, and a blower card is better in a SFF if its in a case that can intake air from the side panel. The only reason I could see why people don't like an SFF build is usually having to use an AIO cpu cooler.

2 hours ago, Hellion said:

The one called reality.

I'd recommend trying it once in a while.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I've really been disliking GPU shroud designs lately, from both AMD and Nvidia.

Hoping Intel can at least do something industrial looking that isn't cheap garbage plastic. The first one is kind of good looking to be honest.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs