cat thread

IMG_20210207_201247.thumb.jpg.f5e31e63f9320c7e75a35f7686300dcf.jpg

IMG_20210125_093352.thumb.jpg.5fc6147fe5d56e40d343cd9e05a7e456.jpgIMG_20210201_112858.thumb.jpg.f2a3496b778ff54ae5d3b3989a19c8e0.jpg

IMG_20201223_155901.thumb.jpg.be5885877e0d89e55bda3fd6bfb946ed.jpg

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

#MuricaParrotGang

The meme thread

All of my image memes are made with GIMP.

My specs are crap but if you are interested:

Spoiler

The meme-making machine - Optiplex 780:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 GHz

GPU: NVidia Quadro FX 580

RAM: 2 GB

SSD: Non-existent

HDD: 1 TB

Laptop: HP 255 G7

CPU: Ryzen 5 3500U

GPU: Radeon Vega 8

RAM: 8 GB

SSD: 500 GB NVMe

My cat Penelope (Penny). I got her around thanksgiving while I was in a rough patch. She has been amazing and I love her very much. She is very cuddly when I get home from work. She enjoys being swaddled, dont know why but she does. (Don't worry its loose she gets out when she is done or wants to do something else) Here she is in all her glory

29 minutes ago, Thegrimfew2 said:

My cat Penelope (Penny). I got her around thanksgiving while I was in a rough patch. She has been amazing and I love her very much. She is very cuddly when I get home from work. She enjoys being swaddled, dont know why but she does. (Don't worry its loose she gets out when she is done or wants to do something else) Here she is in all her glory

any pictures?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

#MuricaParrotGang

The meme thread

All of my image memes are made with GIMP.

My specs are crap but if you are interested:

Spoiler

The meme-making machine - Optiplex 780:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 GHz

GPU: NVidia Quadro FX 580

RAM: 2 GB

SSD: Non-existent

HDD: 1 TB

Laptop: HP 255 G7

CPU: Ryzen 5 3500U

GPU: Radeon Vega 8

RAM: 8 GB

SSD: 500 GB NVMe

As soon as the pandemic chills out a bit, I'm gonna get a cat. Or two. Or twelve.

I love cats. 😄

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

cat thread? imma make 500 pics of my cat then

12 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

cat thread? imma make 500 pics of my cat then

Here’s 2 videos 1 of my cat not wanting to wake up 2 of my car wanting to eat cat food which is bad for her but I hate seeing the cat be sad so I gave it god dammit the videos are bigger than 20mb even single 

19 hours ago, Red 🙂 said:

any pictures?

Yeah sorry they didn't go up ill retry

• 2 weeks later...

image.png.bd5bde317ae8ee3f95b951d52670d5bd.png

Found out the ol' girl has stage 2 kidney failure.  Getting urine tests back ,hopefully, today to see what our next steps should be.

Hug your cats for me. 

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

0F9FF900-CBDE-48BD-B302-ACBE421FC0AF.thumb.jpeg.19b6256e8590413ebf4941d0eccfbb30.jpeg

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

NGL I forgot this existed lol! 

Slep.jpg.1390f4c42b4a5916940b1fc5c115b95d.jpg

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

A big fat cat visited our garden while the doggos were gone:

252BAD12-01DF-4966-ADEF-77141B694D65.jpeg.bd12a3c943b101a62d9143b6b77048e9.jpeg

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

IMG_20210121_130521.jpg.22375e951a0c111ab6a2c3ba04924e17.jpg

Curls up and watches me do stuff.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

5 minutes ago, Benji said:

Her fur looks nice, what kind of cat is she? Is she a British Shorthair?

Yeah he is. He gets brushed/combed daily, he being taken care of care of better than most of us are lol.

iskender.thumb.jpg.3ab7a25d24243f2e7052a1778d0072c3.jpg

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

7 hours ago, Benji said:

I have no idea why "she" popped in my mind. I guess because I had one myself years ago. He's really cute 🙂

But brushing daily? That would probably be too strenuous for me.

Shorthair means there's less resistance, so it would be easier to brush?

Then again, I had a Birman a while back, and her fur was pretty long, but she never needed brushing. I brushed her a lot anyway, but she was a total lap cat.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

Nibbler discovered my top exhaust fan 

Nibbler.png

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

11 hours ago, Levent said:

iskender.thumb.jpg.3ab7a25d24243f2e7052a1778d0072c3.jpg

This cat looks like it's seen some shit.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

12 minutes ago, Velcade said:

This cat looks like it's seen some shit.

Haha, yeah he actually has that thousand yard stare. He is like that when he just wakes up or about to sleep. In this instance, he was watching me disassemble a extremely annoying acer laptop from 2010. 

22 minutes ago, SGT-AMD said:

My cat with her first snowfall was spoiled by drying her off with a towel. 18 years of that. She's gone now, but my mother was the spoiler.

Sorry for your loss, my cat died two years ago in an unfortunate way. I miss him every day. Alexander is also getting spoiled by mom lol. 

Here's one of mine in a pic I took a few years ago, Ozz posing for the camera.

Ozz.jpg

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

1 hour ago, Murasaki said:

No, extremely fluffy!

Yes - He's all fur and fluff.
He's what's known as a "Ragdoll", known to be fluffy and big too but not as in fat - He's just a big kitty and my little buddy.
loves to sit with me and even nap on me when I'm watching TV or a movie like a dog would. The wife calls him a "Putty-Pup" because he acts more or less like a dog vs what you'd think a cat normally would.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana

11 hours ago, RobinSm89 said:

this is probably the coolest chat on this forum! Why are cats so cute? How I want to buy myself a cat too and post pictures here too))

Really most any kitty will do but here's a good tip for getting the right one:
When checking out a litter of kittens, let the kitty pick you instead of you picking the kitty.

That way there is an excellent chance the two of you will be compatable - They do have personalities and yours must be a good match with theirs and they instinctively "Know" if you're a good match for them or not.
Things will work out way better between the two of you in the long run.

Ragdolls like mine are well known for being loyal and personable too with people in general, hence him acting like a dog at times.
Always greets me at the door even if I walk out of the house for just a few minutes.
If he hears me walk up to the door, he's there waiting for me everytime.