cat thread

cats are too cute not to take a pic of...... sucks most of my fam and i are allergic 😞

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

Fat

signal-2021-08-06-092954.thumb.jpg.ab94e75e2b43d5652a4e01daf579bbb6.jpg

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

1 hour ago, Silentprototipe said:

Fat

signal-2021-08-06-092954.thumb.jpg.ab94e75e2b43d5652a4e01daf579bbb6.jpg

Name of the cat? Doesn’t look obese in the pic but a cat can carry weight differently.  A female in neutered cat basically WILL become pregnant.  Cats are just a lot more fertile than humans that way. A female cat in heat is an almost untenable problem

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Name of the cat? Doesn’t look obese in the pic but a cat can carry weight differently.  A female in neutered cat basically WILL become pregnant.  Cats are just a lot more fertile than humans that way. A female cat in heat is an almost untenable problem

Hes just a tad on the overweight side so I call him fat. Most docile tabby I have ever been around so hes nice to have 

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

I forgot this existed... Again. 😄

20210806061921_IMG_2396.thumb.jpg.304941b93f7820ac45f00a8ccc97da2b.jpg

20210810224832_IMG_2586.thumb.jpg.1417303f1dd92ce3367763a0c1b5c936.jpg

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Dips being goofy and occupying my chair so I don't get to sit on it. :3

20210722041403_IMG_2008.thumb.jpg.d5085d59cbbd26b32bcf62a3b6723eb6.jpg

20210722041322_IMG_2006.thumb.jpg.47f1f628ea884d8b73c51adb567df448.jpg

20210720042707_IMG_1935.thumb.jpg.23b6ab6cbe0c2698d50ae1b18d08c8a3.jpg

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

Getting close to adopting a cat, blah.

Any tips? Or just go to the shelter, sit on a chair, and take the first 3 that sit on my lap home with me? :3

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

10 minutes ago, Sarra said:

Getting close to adopting a cat, blah.

Any tips? Or just go to the shelter, sit on a chair, and take the first 3 that sit on my lap home with me? :3

Yes actually.  If you empty the litterbox EVERY FRICKEN DAY and get a minivac dedicated exclusively to litterbox duty (regular vac will get too poopy to use elsewhere. Beat the rush and just buy a vac for litter only from the start) you won’t get cat smell at all.  A cat can be trained to poop in a toilet but it has to be started at kittenhood and is complicated.  Cats have personalities and get bored.  A playmate can help. My cat only does gravity checks when I’m in the room.  An attention getter.  Males are more squishy and lovey but tend to have bladder problems in later life (applies to more than just cats) females are more territorial and less likely to get along with other animals. Both desperately need neutering for different reasons. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

Yes actually.  If you empty the litterbox EVERY FRICKEN DAY and get a minivac dedicated exclusively to litterbox duty (regular vac will get too poopy to use elsewhere. Beat the rush and just buy a vac for litter only from the start) you won’t get cat smell at all.  Cats have personalities and get bored.  A playmate can help. My cat only does gravity checks when I’m in the room.  Males are more squishy and lovey but tend to have bladder problems in later life (applies to more than just cats) females are more territorial and less likely to get along with other animals. Both desperately need neutering for different reasons. 

Mmm yeah, my ex and I had two female cats, and they had issues at first, but eventually became pretty happy to share space, cuddles, 'box, and food bowls with each other. My ex's cat became very dog aggressive, but... There was an incident involving a dog that caused that, and it was a minor problem, not a major problem.

Our roommate's 200 lb Rottie was totally my 3 lb kitty's bish, he would do ANYTHING for her. She was the lappiest lap cat ever, I miss her a lot. Super soft, fluffy, and light...

Anyway, yeah, I want to be a crazy cat lady when I grow up. 😄

4 minutes ago, Sarra said:

Mmm yeah, my ex and I had two female cats, and they had issues at first, but eventually became pretty happy to share space, cuddles, 'box, and food bowls with each other. My ex's cat became very dog aggressive, but... There was an incident involving a dog that caused that, and it was a minor problem, not a major problem.

Our roommate's 200 lb Rottie was totally my 3 lb kitty's bish, he would do ANYTHING for her. She was the lappiest lap cat ever, I miss her a lot. Super soft, fluffy, and light...

Anyway, yeah, I want to be a crazy cat lady when I grow up. 😄

A laudable goal.  My stepmom is a crazy cat lady as are both my sisters. She likes goats too though. 

Just now, Bombastinator said:

A laudable goal.  My stepmom is a crazy cat lady as are both my sisters. She likes goats too though. 

My manager at work has 3 goats. I never really got goats, but... Her goats are a little more... Personable, I guess, since she's pretty hands on with them.

17 minutes ago, Sarra said:

My manager at work has 3 goats. I never really got goats, but... Her goats are a little more... Personable, I guess, since she's pretty hands on with them.

Goats I understand are pretty personable in general. They’ve been hanging around humans for a really long time. My stepmother lived on a farm in Germany during ww2 as a young child.  I wanted to buy her a goat once but they’re too much work.  Much higher maintenance than dogs. 

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

Goats I understand are pretty personable in general. They’ve been hanging around humans for a really long time. My stepmother lived on a farm in Germany during ww2 as a young child.  I wanted to buy her a goat once but they’re too much work.  Much higher maintenance than dogs. 

Yeah, true. There's LOTS of open land around here, lots of farms, so goats are pretty common as noxious plant control.

Pretty smart, too. I had a friend who would go paintballing in his stepdad's goat pasture. When the goats saw the paintball guns, they would all go over to one side of the pasture, and just watch. My friend, his brothers, and their paintball friends were also smart enough not to intentionally shoot the goats.

7 hours ago, Sarra said:

Yeah, true. There's LOTS of open land around here, lots of farms, so goats are pretty common as noxious plant control.

Pretty smart, too. I had a friend who would go paintballing in his stepdad's goat pasture. When the goats saw the paintball guns, they would all go over to one side of the pasture, and just watch. My friend, his brothers, and their paintball friends were also smart enough not to intentionally shoot the goats.

Heh.  Goat tv.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Benji said:

So it slid around in a filthy gym shower in an oversexed manner? 😉

I cannot imagine how else to get dirty like that. 😂

1 minute ago, Arika S said:

Turns out the only good photos I have of mine are when she's asleep

Yeah cats don't wanna be trapped in a picture hehe. Try holding a treat next to the camera, that works sometimes. ^^

My old cat passed in November. she was such a good girl.

Adopted a couple rescues that were about 6months old. been struggling to get them to become "cuddly" and accept petting. For the most part, they will run away the second you try to touch them.

Otherwise they've been very very good. They use their litterboxes without question. They have never bitten or scratched at us. They will sit in the same room and hang around. But they will not cuddle. they will not let you touch them and they really don't even want to play with us.

I feel like i'm doing something wrong but nothing I've read online seems to make them more friendly.

they are cute though: 

BfhKUfYGfWrDYYfVFSShWwFvoNHCogsPcg7muIg5ceFgQ5CcnipqCyq5WQ6flNd1dqi36rA_m6x6pj2VC9MXl8iCbq4RQJ0i2FX4DXaszS7r3FYe7kADjhTpsRXXMQbUst9Q3UIZjSzAJ9e2roI9aT5nFwhvCPN8FrHzuWzx-sPnAlG_oTYjSSoD1hmXJJNF_moElmKcTedtinwNQeBl-ZOKbmVxxPYKJt06cajdEWMbFps5URYCye7f4laxvlqrx_FvfbqtZNCRoScYQpa36mNOV_zkkXYghHxdw7CnoIeiPSBLYgTwbSBAt8WTTFn9ra8N3zeWgF59x6NHLK1373zsA34sb3LqdkehbJoyysrXxGBS8RvmUmxp8YHUpif0pWwYjIBKYhbuRspB23GIN7QKrJJGkQmhTvlijRyUcNPKdFbvV2cv6sG_LtjLH4IDXiGD4TopqFN-U2xA2dklUSOGeUJB2gDFStDpkNuYhriwXqQ1Gc5yCBtzsDyxyRvr1pdhFgFph0m5BNXCKxOTSmASDX-INoHWd26hnHaMM1d9Fi6QdDBIPHlmUpYekvuMGQdejXsnHi11TE8kZ_tCHa-Qt1-e2xCM0jyvnkSC2bE89x-MXaWGQs0WAmvESOFgCE8BK1mZFEI35ZoGX5Za-P-RT0gQMo6V6B2_NW0dvvrfZhIA0r2JkdKeq2NcJxchv8KTKxCJN2magrZ1EsXkJgU=w1716-h1287-no?authuser=0

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

System: R9-5950x, ASUS X570-Pro, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070s. 32GB DDR4 @ 3200mhz.

Cat psychology.  There will be tutorials on how to accomplish this.  I understand food is used a lot.  They’re scared of big hulking hairless human things.  Former feral animals may only attach to one human, so you may have a situation where they will approach only one person but avoid all others.

1 minute ago, Benji said:

And what people also forget is that they want to be left alone, as opposed to dogs who want to be played with. Cats have to be left alone to discover the surroundings, and when they feel comfortable and attach to you, they'll come to you and usually cuddle up and get more physical with you. Otherwise they want to be left alone and will leave before that happens.

They can be more standoffish.  This could be extreme though.  Sounds like it might be from the description.  Expecting a cat to act like a dog is an excercise in futility.  These sound like they’re acting like barn cats though.

Some recent shots of mine of Bebby, I've yet to find a name for her so  I guess she'll just be known as Bebby from now on lol. 

IMG_3104.thumb.jpg.8b524a6cbc4f7b3fc919dad40ebfa8fb.jpg

IMG_3044.thumb.jpg.c22a5c4308871877069a6bb599d96e0f.jpg

Build Log: 

2 hours ago, Haro said:

Some recent shots of mine of Bebby, I've yet to find a name for her so  I guess she'll just be known as Bebby from now on lol. 

IMG_3104.thumb.jpg.8b524a6cbc4f7b3fc919dad40ebfa8fb.jpg

IMG_3044.thumb.jpg.c22a5c4308871877069a6bb599d96e0f.jpg

Bebbe is a contraction for Bebbet, a french female name iirc.

Cora (black one) just passed away.

She's now with her best bud Caillou.

10 years old, too young. 😭

IMG_20160510_065347.jpg

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

4 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Cora (black one) just passed away.

She's now with her best bud Caillou.

10 years old, too young. 😭

IMG_20160510_065347.jpg

Something like 3 times what she might have had as an alleycat though.