Hacking Nvidia's Drivers!

Guys is there new driver for this? Cuz my game won't optimization much and i want ask u guys if this got new driver and work better than 417.17 one.

On 2/3/2019 at 11:59 AM, GabenJr said:

I'm totally going to mod new drivers for you guys. For nothing. Just out of the goodness of my heart and because I love you all.

Wow thanks Anthony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(please note everyone, I'm joking. Anthony did not say this. But come on dude....give us some Anthony genius)    :)

I know I'm a year late, but still found some interesting comments :) 

On 2/3/2019 at 6:40 PM, TheGiolly said:

Usually PCI cards used (and still use) different combination of resitor values soldered on the PCB near the connetor to set the PCI ID for that specific card.

Would it be possible to change those resistors on the P106-100 to match the ones of a 1060?

I think it's worth a shot!

On 2/3/2019 at 8:16 PM, themrsbusta said:

What about Tesla cards? they don't have video output too...

What about Quadro/Tesla drivers on P106?

The situation of the Tesla K10 and GRID K2 comes to mind when you mention that. 

Look here for what I'm referring to:

On 2/6/2019 at 11:36 AM, xReno said:

I got it working easy, only problem I had was in the post it said. - "Search for 79050fba6b240e " - string wasn't found, all I had to do was change the 79 to 75.. 

Cards I used were Evga 1060 6gb sc and a MSI 1060 6gb.. Most games I did notice an increase in FPS.. Other games such as ARK seemed to be capped at 15fps.. there could be something I am missing as to why I lost performance, or it could just be ARK being a fickle bitch. Other than that thank you very much for thos guide you guys rock! 

That's interesting. I think I missed something, though. You modified the driver for a performance increase on the GTX 1060 6GB? 🤔

Edited by TopHatProductions115
Combined two posts into one.

any solution worked on the new game hyperscape? because it minimum driver is 430.86

On 5/19/2020 at 5:13 AM, El_Notorio said:

Hello, 

COD Warzone keeps giving me 5759 error I also tried paging size for windows but no luck.

My specs:

i3-6100

12 GB ram DDR4

Windows 10 Pro

Nvidia p106-100 417.22

Intel HD 530

EDIT:

Got it to work by changing AdapterType to 4

and EnableMsHybrid to 0 and adding the game to the High Performance.

Hope it works out for you too guys.

can you help me cod warzone says drivers does not meet minimum and ask to update driver

Hi all

I found an online shop selling a Zotac p104-100 for 99€, I couldn’t resist and I ordered it. Following the instructions from previous posts I managed to make dx12 work in a 4690/h81itx system with drivers 417.22 (registry mod only) pretty easily, and I even manage to unlock 4gb of extra gddr5x (pretty easy as well, just flashed a generic nvidia bios found on techpowerup).

Unfortunately, as someone already pointed before, the card is stuck at pcie 1.1 x4, I run a test with Unigine Heaven, and I got a score of around 1300 (when a gtx 1070 with the same settings scores almost double), and it is a real shame, since the raw performance of this card should be incredible  (better than a 1070).

Now I am trying to find a way to unlock the pcie slot, which I believe is something that should be done via bios, if only a pascal bios editor existed: everyone says that it’s impossible to decrypt it, but in another forum I found this tread , if you scroll down at the bottom you will see a picture of some kind of software called “NVbiosEditor”, which is modding a gtx 1080ti to improve the ram timings, and suddenly I feel that modding a pascal bios is not so impossible anymore...what do you think? 

A little update, in case someone should be interested in improving the pcie capabilities of a p104-100:

First, I did a cleanup of drivers, reinstalled everything, and now I get a score of 2100 on unigine heaven (before it was 1400), while a standard gtx 1070 should be in the 2300/2600 range with the same settings, so getting close, even if gpuz still says I am running the p104 at pcie 1.1 x4(probably unigine heaven is not stressing the pcie slot much, I need to do other benchmarks).

Then, I noticed that some capacitors where missing along the pcie traces on the pcb

52E5EE9C-14B5-46AC-A5BD-44485A35294D.thumb.jpeg.b7be4028bbe39e93e3fa585b2f81fb92.jpeg

here is a picture of a zotac gtx 1080 mini, which appears to have exactly the same pcb

036D75F1-0C89-42D3-8C5B-D061C5DAB24D.thumb.jpeg.496210931006dc14f59db2288869baeb.jpeg

so, at least in my case with the ZOTAC P104-100 the pci-express limit is at hardware level, the good news is that it shouldn’t be too hard to get some caps soldered, hoping that the limit is not imposed in the bios/driver as well

@adelage

I get a similar heaven benchmark score when overclocking the msi p104-100 8gb on ubuntu. says the cards running at pci 3.0 x4. 2180 bench with oc, 1850 without. please share if the pci x16 works. Goodluck.

main rig:

CPU: 8086k @ 4.00ghz-4.3 boost

PSU: 750 watt psu gold (Corsair rm750)

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

Mobo: Z390 taichi ultimate

Ram: 2x8gb corsair vengence lpx @3000mhz speed

case: focus G black

Cooler: mugen 5 rev b,

Storage: 860 evo 1tb/ 120 gb corsair force nvme 500

backup

8gb ram celeron laptop/860 evo 500gb

6 hours ago, Snowarch said:

@adelage

I get a similar heaven benchmark score when overclocking the msi p104-100 8gb on ubuntu. says the cards running at pci 3.0 x4. 2180 bench with oc, 1850 without. please share if the pci x16 works. Goodluck.

Interesting, actually my score is a bit higher since it was run at 1680x1050 (ultra settings, extreme tessellation), I guess yours was done at 1080p, which is the standard, so the results are pretty much the same..what’s strange is that in your case it says pcie 3.0 x4, so probably your report from gpuz is wrong, or it is mine..I am more keen to believe that it is yours since according to this article from techpowerup a gtx 1080 running at pcie 3.0 x4 loses only 4% of performance on avg, and about 30% at pcie 1.1 x4, which is about what we get:

your p104 ~1800 VS avg 1070 ~2400 = 25% loss

of course there are a ton of variables, unfortunately I haven’t been able to find a benchmark able to measure the actual pcie bandwidth yet.

Anyway, which bios are you using? Is it stable (no throttling or fans acting weird)?

@adelage

Cpu x, and Nvidia settings saw it as pci 3.0x4. gpuz is a windows only program, so concider cpux my gpuz. green with envy has just a wattage the cards allowed to draw, has no idea on pci.

Well not sure on bios. got the card pre-flashed. i do have an odd issue where unless i overclock i get screen taring. my overclock is +200mhz graphics clock, but if i touch memory + or - in gwe, it freezes my pc. fancurve works well tho. if i acarafice the fancurve for fan slider bar, nvidia x server settings seams to let me go +150 memory clock and keep the +200 graphics. i can do screen shots if you'd like.

the heaven bench was done at 1080p. fullscreen. i got a 1992 score with no oc.

because nvidia drivers past 418 changed the xconfig layout to a confusing one i use driver 418.

intrestingly enough, the most recent driver (440.100) on linux works with thr card, even supports nvidia ecoder in obs/simple screen recorder, but its worse cause no oc due to me not knowing how to enable composite pipeline and coolbits xconfig on that driver. 

main rig:

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

backup

ok, in my case I tried to oc the core +200 (2100) and the memory +500 (5500) with msi a.b., the fan curve works, but the minimum is set at 50%. So far it works like a charm, I got 2200 heaven score with oc (compared to 2090 without oc) at 1680 res, now I am waiting for some tools I ordered to try and solder the missing caps along the pcie lanes.

@adelage

did you use direct x render? on linux heavens opengl only. also are you on linux and driver 440? if so please send an xconfig screen shot.

main rig:

backup

I am on win 10 using driver 417.22 (just the registry hack, no mod to the driver) I am not very good at Linux unfortunately..anyway today I got the hot air station delivered, but I still need some good flux and the cap tester, hopefully by the end of the week I should be able to try the cap mod on the pcie traces..by the way, do you have any chance to check if your p104 has some caps missing near the connector like mine does? I have seen some pictures of asus and gigabyte models which seems to have them soldered, but are still working at x4 1.1

i don't know much on electronics. I have a spare p104 because i didn't know sli games didn't sli on linux, so heres a picture of the pvc on my 2nd msi card. and remember, mine is running at x4 3.0. not 1.0. if it helps, the cooler is armor. i think its the 8gb bios mod done to the card as i remmeber hearing the colorful version is whats flashed, but the msi version does physically have an hdmi port. i replaced the bracket to get to it. no picture when its used.IMG_20200728_172502.thumb.jpg.9933cfc78e7f90d794846c4772f4d010.jpg

main rig:

backup

it looks like some caps are missing at the bottom, if you follow the lines that come from the pcie connector you will notice it..anyway I am not so sure you are actually running it at pcie 3.0 x4, your benchmark results should be much higher (over 2500), but it maybe be due to the fact you are using opengl..isn’t there any tool in linux to benchmark the actual bandwidth of pcie cards? the only one I could find in windows is included in the 3dmark pro version suite, which costs 25€ on steam.. 

I'm at my wits end. I've tried two different computers both able to install the card and it seems to be recognised in GPU-Z as the right version of the driver but I cannot get windows to recognise it as the perfomance card. Any tips? I've tried it on a i5-4570 and a G4560 (intel integrated graphics 520) removed the registries as shown in one of the videos too.... any ideas?  

13 hours ago, bobsmidie said:

I'm at my wits end. I've tried two different computers both able to install the card and it seems to be recognised in GPU-Z as the right version of the driver but I cannot get windows to recognise it as the perfomance card. Any tips? I've tried it on a i5-4570 and a G4560 (intel integrated graphics 520) removed the registries as shown in one of the videos too.... any ideas?  

Hi, not sure what could be the problem, but you should be more specific: which card (model and brand)? which o.s.? which driver? is the vbios modified? does the card work for mining (with claymore’s miner for example)?

anyway if you are on win 10 and you haven’t tried yet, try to

1 - disable windows automatic driver update 

2 - use d.d.u. in safe mode to clean up any trace of nvidia drivers

3 - reboot in normal mode 

4 - run a registry clean with CCleaner (optional but suggested)

5 - install the driver (so far the best one for win is 417.22)

6 - disable the card in Device manager

7 - modify the two keys in regedit as in the video

8 - re-enable the card

9 - reboot

10 - open the nvidia control panel and select the card as performance card

11 - on power saving setting in windows set up performance mode (maybe a redundant step, but you never know)

If this doesn’t work, your last chance is try the same procedure on a clean win 10 installation, if this doesn’t work either I guess there might be a problem with your card.

or try ubuntu

main rig:

backup

7 hours ago, adelage said:

Hi, not sure what could be the problem, but you should be more specific: which card (model and brand)? which o.s.? which driver? is the vbios modified? does the card work for mining (with claymore’s miner for example)?

anyway if you are on win 10 and you haven’t tried yet, try to

1 - disable windows automatic driver update 

2 - use d.d.u. in safe mode to clean up any trace of nvidia drivers

3 - reboot in normal mode 

4 - run a registry clean with CCleaner (optional but suggested)

5 - install the driver (so far the best one for win is 417.22)

6 - disable the card in Device manager

7 - modify the two keys in regedit as in the video

8 - re-enable the card

9 - reboot

10 - open the nvidia control panel and select the card as performance card

11 - on power saving setting in windows set up performance mode (maybe a redundant step, but you never know)

If this doesn’t work, your last chance is try the same procedure on a clean win 10 installation, if this doesn’t work either I guess there might be a problem with your card.

Thank you so much for this detailed list. I have been doing most of it but hadn't disblaed the card before changing the registry. I will try this.

I'll try again. one computer uses 1903 windows 10

used 16.34 and 17.22 tried a fresh install of windows 10 (1909) (this computer hasn't been connected to the internet at all and automatic drivers are off) 

I have used DDU in safemode 

I have a problem now where the driver keeps updating :( 

"Do you want to automatically download manufacturers apps and custom icons available for your device" 

is set to "No" 

are there any other settings you can recommend turning off 

5 hours ago, bobsmidie said:

I have a problem now where the driver keeps updating :( 

"Do you want to automatically download manufacturers apps and custom icons available for your device" 

is set to "No" 

are there any other settings you can recommend turning off 

I had the same issue even though auto download for drivers were off.

I solved it by going to Device Manager and "Roll Back Driver" after the auto update happened. (Keyboard Shortcut Windows + X then M)

It rolled back to ver 17.22 , re-applied registry hacks and the auto update didn't happen again.
(See screenshot)

nvidia.jpg

How to prevent driver update

1. Device Manager → Choose graphic adapter → Properties → Details → Hardware ids
  2. Copy all ids
  3. Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) → Computer Configuration → Administrative Templates → System → Device Installation → Device Installation Restrictions:
    Prevent installation of devices that match any of these device IDs → Enabled
  4. Press "Show" and add all 4 ids

mmc_ymdYlbIZ3V.png

mmc_Y8imfIhZON.png

On 8/1/2020 at 12:18 AM, Snowarch said:

or try ubuntu

And have lots of games not working? No thanks...

I know you have proton but lots of games still don't work!

4 hours ago, diogofcr said:

And have lots of games not working? No thanks...

I know you have proton but lots of games still don't work!

well driver 440 works out of the box on ubuntu 20.04, so updates won't be a problem. just check protondb for the games you play. if they work good, if not i tried.

fair warning tho, can't overclock that way. 

main rig:

backup