Hacking Nvidia's Drivers!

13 hours ago, Snowarch said:

well driver 440 works out of the box on ubuntu 20.04, so updates won't be a problem. just check protondb for the games you play. if they work good, if not i tried.

fair warning tho, can't overclock that way. 

MOST GAMES WORK BUT DOOM ETRENAL ONLY GAME NOT LOADING FOR ME THE NOW SO FAR HORZION ZERO DAWN WORKS NOYT VERY GOOD MIND U LOL

@snedz1967 how did you get that fps counter and all info while benching? i really have been looking for that. sometimes forcing dxvk instead of native version, if native uses opengl, helps. if theres stuttering, maybe a launch command to the game will help, or changing the rpton version used. most games through proton or wine you get problems if alt + tabbing.

doom eternal is known to not work with linux. 

main rig:

CPU: 8086k @ 4.00ghz-4.3 boost

PSU: 750 watt psu gold (Corsair rm750)

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

Mobo: Z390 taichi ultimate

Ram: 2x8gb corsair vengence lpx @3000mhz speed

case: focus G black

Cooler: mugen 5 rev b,

Storage: 860 evo 1tb/ 120 gb corsair force nvme 500

backup

8gb ram celeron laptop/860 evo 500gb

need some help with driver 440 on ubuntu. doing anything to the xconfig, even making it messes up the desktop to the point tty1 is only way to fix it. i tried 5 xconfigs. driver 418 works fine, coolbits oc and less taring with composite pipeline, but since editing an xconfig as admin  is only way to enable these, i'm at a loss. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

main rig:

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

backup

I am trying to accomplish the same but the things is my GPU is Zotac 1050 Ti and I dont know which thing to modify.

Doing this because GPU's ports having problem with my current monitor but the monitor works fine with On Board VGA.

7 hours ago, himanshusharmazzzz said:

I am trying to accomplish the same but the things is my GPU is Zotac 1050 Ti and I dont know which thing to modify.

Doing this because GPU's ports having problem with my current monitor but the monitor works fine with On Board VGA.

well, can you use linux? since your gpu is normal, it should work better than a p102. just leave the hdmi or whatever on onboard. 

for ubuntu boot from usb and install. use these commands

sudo apt-get add ppa:graphics-team" && sudo apt-get update

then click dash and search additional drivers and choose most recent one. 450 is beta, 440 is stable. shutdown reboot after the drivers installed, and it should work fine. assuming 20.04/ most recent version. also can't, as far as i know, overclock on 440. i have driver 418 xconfig for intel igpu prime, that can oc, but even less gaming compatability.

would recommend duelboot or dueldrive if possible. incase this fails. 

main rig:

backup

just a little update on my attempt to get a full pcie 16x working connection on a p104-100 by soldering some caps missing near the pcie lanes: I got all the tools, I did some practice, and I managed to desolder one of the caps next to the empty spot, which should supposedly have the same value of the ones I will have to solder, the only problem is that I can’t find a cap with the same package size and capacitance, and I need about 20 of them! I have already salvaged an old smartphone and tablet boards, and an old graphics card, but it seems impossible to find a 0.22uf mlcc 0402 cap, so probably I will have to buy them new, and wait until I get them delivered...

hi guys, found a work around for the people with systems older than 4th generation intel cpu who can not use High performance graphic selection in windows 10!

it took me a while to figure it out, but it's nearly a miracle!

saw a lot of people having the same problem for running Warzone because their integrated graphic card is not a DX12 supported card! well here is the solution for you!

well as i've said it before, the only way for people like me to play games(DX11 or DX12) with a mining card which doesn't have a display output(it works for other people as well), is tricking the games with integrated graphic card and disabling it before starting a game and forcing the windows to choose the dedicated graphic card, then after starting the game for better fps, enabling the integrated card! which most of the times, didn't go well and fps was obviously limited for some reason!

when i was testing the witcher 3, found out the game works fine, but the game is kind of laggy and has a limited FPS and i couldn't go fullscreen with the games because when i tried to go fullscreen, the games got minimized and i couldn't switch to it(the only option was borderless fullscreen which was limited FPS).

figured out, the game works fine, but windows won't switch to it on this monitor which i have connected to it! so the solution was easy!!!

1.use the multi monitor system in windows 10 with special keyboard WINDOWS key+p and switch to duplicate the monitor!!!

2.disabled the integrated graphic card

3.start the game(what ever, dx12 or dx11 doesn't matter)

4.voilla!!! playing games without any problem!!

I have an AMD RX 470 mining edition which doesn't have any display output, except one, which is a hidden HDMi and it doesn't work, but for some reason, if i connect it with a hdmi cable to my monitor, the windows figures there's a 2nd monitor connected!! so this way i can play the tricks on windows and force it to go multi monitor!!

of course there's a hitch, the games look kind of like playing without vertical sync!!!

if you are going to enable the integrated graphic card while in the game, in most cases that i tested, causes them to crash or limit the FPS, that's why i'm looking for other software solutions so i can do this without using the windows multi monitor system or disabling the integrated graphic card, damn microsoft and intel with their driver and DX12 features.

wooww my hands shaking!!!

hope u enjoy gaming, i'm going warzone awaits me!!

On 8/15/2020 at 10:43 PM, Snowarch said:

well, can you use linux? since your gpu is normal, it should work better than a p102. just leave the hdmi or whatever on onboard. 

for ubuntu boot from usb and install. use these commands

sudo apt-get add ppa:graphics-team" && sudo apt-get update

then click dash and search additional drivers and choose most recent one. 450 is beta, 440 is stable. shutdown reboot after the drivers installed, and it should work fine. assuming 20.04/ most recent version. also can't, as far as i know, overclock on 440. i have driver 418 xconfig for intel igpu prime, that can oc, but even less gaming compatability.

would recommend duelboot or dueldrive if possible. incase this fails. 

Thanks for your suggestion

I think the commands are wrong, ANYWAY I installed Ubuntu 20.04 and installed Nvidia 440 drivers from additional drivers.
CSGO worked right away but I think there is a bit of performance dip and a bit of strutting as expected with running Linux but the deal breaker is I wont be able to play FACEIT or Valorant due to their windows only anti-cheat :(

Will stick to Windows for now

What are the gains if you do this?

Cheers

My Setups:

• CASE: » CoolerMaster C700M » •  MB:     » ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME »»» LGA 2066 •  CPU:    » Intel i9-9980XE Extreme Edition - 18-Core @ 3.00Ghz •  GPU:   » Inno3D GeForce RTX 3090 - 24GB  GDDR6X •  RAM» Corsair Dominator Platinum - 64GB DDR4 3200Mhz

• CASE: » DeepCool Matrexx 4F » •  MB:     » MSi GodLike Gaming X99 »»» LGA 2011-v3 •  CPU:    » Intel i7-6950x Extreme Edition - 10-Core @ 3.00Ghz •  GPU:   » MSi GeForce GTX 1070 Ti GAMING  - 8GB  GDDR5 •  RAM» Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro - 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz

• CASE: » CoolerMaster CMP 320L » •  MB:     » Atermiter X99 »»» LGA 2011-v3 •  CPU:    » Intel i7-6900K - 8-Core @ 3.20Ghz •  GPU:   » Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic Edition - 2GB  GDDR5 •  RAM» G.Skill TridentZ - 16GB DDR4 3600Mhz

2 hours ago, MrPsych0 said:

What are the gains if you do this?

Cheers

23 hours ago, zereshk said:

hi guys, found a work around for the people with systems older than 4th generation intel cpu who can not use High performance graphic selection in windows 10!

it took me a while to figure it out, but it's nearly a miracle!

saw a lot of people having the same problem for running Warzone because their integrated graphic card is not a DX12 supported card! well here is the solution for you!

well as i've said it before, the only way for people like me to play games(DX11 or DX12) with a mining card which doesn't have a display output(it works for other people as well), is tricking the games with integrated graphic card and disabling it before starting a game and forcing the windows to choose the dedicated graphic card, then after starting the game for better fps, enabling the integrated card! which most of the times, didn't go well and fps was obviously limited for some reason!

when i was testing the witcher 3, found out the game works fine, but the game is kind of laggy and has a limited FPS and i couldn't go fullscreen with the games because when i tried to go fullscreen, the games got minimized and i couldn't switch to it(the only option was borderless fullscreen which was limited FPS).

figured out, the game works fine, but windows won't switch to it on this monitor which i have connected to it! so the solution was easy!!!

1.use the multi monitor system in windows 10 with special keyboard WINDOWS key+p and switch to duplicate the monitor!!!

2.disabled the integrated graphic card

3.start the game(what ever, dx12 or dx11 doesn't matter)

4.voilla!!! playing games without any problem!!

I have an AMD RX 470 mining edition which doesn't have any display output, except one, which is a hidden HDMi and it doesn't work, but for some reason, if i connect it with a hdmi cable to my monitor, the windows figures there's a 2nd monitor connected!! so this way i can play the tricks on windows and force it to go multi monitor!!

of course there's a hitch, the games look kind of like playing without vertical sync!!!

if you are going to enable the integrated graphic card while in the game, in most cases that i tested, causes them to crash or limit the FPS, that's why i'm looking for other software solutions so i can do this without using the windows multi monitor system or disabling the integrated graphic card, damn microsoft and intel with their driver and DX12 features.

wooww my hands shaking!!!

hope u enjoy gaming, i'm going warzone awaits me!!

specs - 

i5 3330s

1050Ti - HDMI

Monitor - VGA

CSGO wont launch after disabling intel integrated graphics from device manager.

Paladins launches but crashes after re-enabling intel integrated graphics.

Doing this because monitor is VGA and doesn't work well with HDMI to VGA converters. Idea it to use  motherboard VGA port for gaming.

1 hour ago, himanshusharmazzzz said:

specs - 

i5 3330s

1050Ti - HDMI

Monitor - VGA

Doing this because monitor is VGA and doesn't work well with HDMI to VGA converters. Idea it to use  motherboard VGA port for gaming.

why won't it launch? any error?

haven't tested any of these games, do tell which DirectX versions, these games use?

well sometimes u have to add the games manually to make them work in windows 10 high performance graphic card! i mean after disabling the integrated graphic card, you have to add the games and put the dedicated card as their high performance graphic card, i think this is all intel's fault for not having a proper driver for these 3rd or 2nd generations. i can see all over the net people complaining for not be able to choose their dedicated graphic card as their main graphic adapter for a lot of things.

right now i'm figuring out why the games are not running smoothly! there this windows file"desktop windiws manager" (i think it's actually the multi monitor app for windows) which causes a lot of gpu usage and instability.

basically what i did was mirroring the picture of the games which were running fine on the mining card in bakcground by making a duplicate out of the graphic card output without having to connect it to a monitor. i hear there are other application that can do the same thing.

there is another idea too, using net(or maybe home network) to mirror the picture of the games with the mining card to the system which i am working with. it's a long shot.

ok guys, latest solution:

you don't need to disable the integrated graphic card at all!!!!

firstly i have to say that i connected two display cables to a single monitor!! one from the graphic card(the graphic card does not work but the windows recognizes that there is cable connected to it) and the other from the IGPU.

1. using special WINDOWS key+p and set the multi monitor to extend so you get a picture like a ultra wide monitor but with 2 different desktops!!

extend monitor option has two ways, in which you can have the right side or the left side to work with which has the dedicated graphic card as the display adapter!!

by pressing the Windows Key+p again or mouse you can get to the side which has the dedicated graphic card as the display adapter!!!

2. ok, there is catch here!! 😔

start any game that you want, but the games start in the other side of the extended display!!! which is annoying and i couldn't find a solution for it yet!! maybe i'm doing something wrong or there should be a third party software which could solve the problem!!🤔

the only solution that i have right now is to start the game in window mod and use the mouse or ALT+Space and select to move the window to the other side of the extended display and voilla!!! the game runs smoothly and without any problem!!

it's so funny that microsoft stops you from using the high performance card selection, but it does not have any problem running DX12 games like Warzone or any other game in the extended monitor!!!

and there is no Warzone DX12 encounter problem BS before starting the game!!! 😆

anyone knows a multi monitor third party software which i can use? so maybe that one solve this game(and everything els!!) starting on the other side of monitor!

On 8/22/2020 at 2:14 AM, zereshk said:

ok guys, latest solution:

you don't need to disable the integrated graphic card at all!!!!

firstly i have to say that i connected two display cables to a single monitor!! one from the graphic card(the graphic card does not work but the windows recognizes that there is cable connected to it) and the other from the IGPU.

1. using special WINDOWS key+p and set the multi monitor to extend so you get a picture like a ultra wide monitor but with 2 different desktops!!

extend monitor option has two ways, in which you can have the right side or the left side to work with which has the dedicated graphic card as the display adapter!!

by pressing the Windows Key+p again or mouse you can get to the side which has the dedicated graphic card as the display adapter!!!

2. ok, there is catch here!! 😔

start any game that you want, but the games start in the other side of the extended display!!! which is annoying and i couldn't find a solution for it yet!! maybe i'm doing something wrong or there should be a third party software which could solve the problem!!🤔

the only solution that i have right now is to start the game in window mod and use the mouse or ALT+Space and select to move the window to the other side of the extended display and voilla!!! the game runs smoothly and without any problem!!

it's so funny that microsoft stops you from using the high performance card selection, but it does not have any problem running DX12 games like Warzone or any other game in the extended monitor!!!

and there is no Warzone DX12 encounter problem BS before starting the game!!! 😆

anyone knows a multi monitor third party software which i can use? so maybe that one solve this game(and everything els!!) starting on the other side of monitor!

Maybe you should make a video using your method as it is confusing 

Got it working with CSGO in windowed mode using this method. 

1. Set game to RUN in windowed mode

2. Insert Cable in Graphic card so that 2nd monitor option is visible in display settings.

3. use Windows + P key to set options as Extend Displays.

4. Set Graphic card display as Main display in Windows display settings.

image.png.b7b233fd5ead91bbb1361fde44a50ff1.png

5. Now Desktop will be changed to a blank 2nd desktop .. Now on start the game by searching in Start Menu.

6. Once the game is running change the display using Windows + P back to first display (Sometimes options wont be visible as it will be displaying on main screen. Just keep pressing Windows + P until Normal Desktop with icon is visible with the game window running)

7. Play the game ..  Have FUN

14 hours ago, himanshusharmazzzz said:

2. Insert Cable in Graphic card so that 2nd monitor option is visible in display settings.

5. Now Desktop will be changed to a blank 2nd desktop .. Now on start the game by searching in Start Menu.

6. Once the game is running change the display using Windows + P back to first display (Sometimes options wont be visible as it will be displaying on main screen. Just keep pressing Windows + P until Normal Desktop with icon is visible with the game window running)

Happy that you've got it to work!

sorry if my method was confusing, but i have to say, it's even confusing for myself!!! it's something that nowhere else has been ever tried or mentioned and it got me several months to figure out!!

why the windows, is able to recognize the 2nd monitor as the primary monitor with the dedicated graphic card which i don't have a graphic card which is capable of having any display output cable connected to it? but it can not choose the dedicated graphic card as the primary processing unit?

btw, i don't have that problem with windows anymore!! because i'm not using the windows multi monitor system anymore!! exactly because of the situation you just mentioned which sometimes you can't see what's happening!

i used a multi monitor 3rd party sotware and nearly solved all of my problems!!! except the warzone being played in window mode and when i do go full screen, the game gets to the other monitor and crashes!! that's the only game which i have this problem with!

idk the rules of this forum for mentioning 3rd party software, but i'm going to say the name of the software which i used!! it's "display fusion" and it got a lot of things, easy for me!

it's fantastic!! right now i'm gaming with the rx 470 and considering to get another one for Crossfire!!

no matter how much I read the thread, I can't find how to make p 106-90 work in intel 3470, any recommendations?😪

4 hours ago, JhonBernal said:

no matter how much I read the thread, I can't find how to make p 106-90 work in intel 3470, any recommendations?😪

download the Drivers 417.22 

download intel hd drivers

install intel hd drivers and restart

install 417.22 drivers and restart

do registry hack type in windows search bar regedit run as as admin

click on find at top of menu in regedit look for find

type in search field enablemshybrid

look for adaptor type change from 2 to 4

look for mshybrid change form 1 to 2

now goto device manager and click on the p106 and disable then enable again 

then disbale the intergrated graphics in device manger

goto to display settings and add game.exe and should be able to set as high performance mode

On 8/27/2020 at 10:03 AM, Ucantseeme said:

anybody tried this to get doom eternal to work and make think you are using new drivers i have had a look but not sure what im doing lol maybe somebody here can do it ?

its for laptops but imagine should work with i gpu and p106 maybe im wrong 

https://null-src.com/posts/nvidia-notebook-driver-inf-mod/post.php

anybody know how to do this looks like it will work to use newer drivers on windows 

On 8/12/2020 at 2:01 AM, Snowarch said:

@snedz1967 how did you get that fps counter and all info while benching? i really have been looking for that. sometimes forcing dxvk instead of native version, if native uses opengl, helps. if theres stuttering, maybe a launch command to the game will help, or changing the rpton version used. most games through proton or wine you get problems if alt + tabbing.

doom eternal is known to not work with linux. 

think he is running windows 10 not linux m8

On 8/19/2020 at 10:49 PM, himanshusharmazzzz said:

specs - 

i5 3330s

1050Ti - HDMI

Monitor - VGA

did u manage to fix it?

My Setups:

• CASE: » CoolerMaster C700M » •  MB:     » ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME »»» LGA 2066 •  CPU:    » Intel i9-9980XE Extreme Edition - 18-Core @ 3.00Ghz •  GPU:   » Inno3D GeForce RTX 3090 - 24GB  GDDR6X •  RAM» Corsair Dominator Platinum - 64GB DDR4 3200Mhz

• CASE: » DeepCool Matrexx 4F » •  MB:     » MSi GodLike Gaming X99 »»» LGA 2011-v3 •  CPU:    » Intel i7-6950x Extreme Edition - 10-Core @ 3.00Ghz •  GPU:   » MSi GeForce GTX 1070 Ti GAMING  - 8GB  GDDR5 •  RAM» Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro - 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz

• CASE: » CoolerMaster CMP 320L » •  MB:     » Atermiter X99 »»» LGA 2011-v3 •  CPU:    » Intel i7-6900K - 8-Core @ 3.20Ghz •  GPU:   » Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic Edition - 2GB  GDDR5 •  RAM» G.Skill TridentZ - 16GB DDR4 3600Mhz

On 8/24/2020 at 12:51 PM, himanshusharmazzzz said:

👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆

👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆

23 hours ago, MrPsych0 said:

did u manage to fix it?

Got it working in windowed mode using above method but currently m gonna stick to playing Full screen with VGA to HDMI converter.

i just ordered the zotac p106-090, i decided recently to build a gaming computer specfically for retro games(including wii, ps3, etc.) in a HTPC case. so that it can sit under my tv as a gamebox.

for anyone curious why i would do this after everyone having issues. i discovered this post on reddit that makes it work pretty well for my purposes plus i get to keep the costs down. all credits to the original poster.

On 8/29/2020 at 12:51 PM, snedz1967 said:

download the Drivers 417.22 

download intel hd drivers

install intel hd drivers and restart

install 417.22 drivers and restart

do registry hack type in windows search bar regedit run as as admin

click on find at top of menu in regedit look for find

type in search field enablemshybrid

look for adaptor type change from 2 to 4

look for mshybrid change form 1 to 2

now goto device manager and click on the p106 and disable then enable again 

then disbale the intergrated graphics in device manger

goto to display settings and add game.exe and should be able to set as high performance mode

I think this process will be limited to my specs as I have 3rd Gen i5 3330s processor paired GTX 1050 Ti but got it WORKING

Installed Intel HD graphics - 15.33.51.5146 (Latest for 3rd Gen Processor)

Installed 417.22 (Downloaded from Guru3D) - GTX 1050Ti

Was not able to find any Registry entries - 

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

So I manually created "EnableMshybrid" entry and set the value to below

Case 1 (FAIL) : Set value = 1 -- It enables hybrid GPU options in Nvidia control panel but GPU doesn't show in Windows display property.

Case 2 (Success) Set value = 2  -- Nvidia control panel doesn't launches but Windows display property shows Nvidia as Power saving GPU.

Once I set the game to use Power Saving GPU (Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti) games works like a charm even in fullscreen mode.

I took little help from below video - 

image.png.9db52c3849a54ffd266681a0dad7eb12.png

17 hours ago, himanshusharmazzzz said:

I think this process will be limited to my specs as I have 3rd Gen i5 3330s processor paired GTX 1050 Ti but got it WORKING

Installed Intel HD graphics - 15.33.51.5146 (Latest for 3rd Gen Processor)

Installed 417.22 (Downloaded from Guru3D) - GTX 1050Ti

Was not able to find any Registry entries - 

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

So I manually created "EnableMshybrid" entry and set the value to below

Case 1 (FAIL) : Set value = 1 -- It enables hybrid GPU options in Nvidia control panel but GPU doesn't show in Windows display property.

Case 2 (Success) Set value = 2  -- Nvidia control panel doesn't launches but Windows display property shows Nvidia as Power saving GPU.

Once I set the game to use Power Saving GPU (Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti) games works like a charm even in fullscreen mode.

I took little help from below video - 

image.png.9db52c3849a54ffd266681a0dad7eb12.png

What about DX 12 based games? I tried this on my 2600k system. the HD graphics is no more detected in the Taskman but both gpu are present. P106- 100 comes up as a power saving gpu. DX 12 games run but old 12 fps cap still remain. can someone else set mshybrid to 2 and check on other 2nd/3rd gen cpu if it can run DX 12 games like COD warzone or Gears 5 without fps cap.