Hacking Nvidia's Drivers!

the backs are vary diffrent too, but maybe cooling to blame.

main rig:

CPU: 8086k @ 4.00ghz-4.3 boost

PSU: 750 watt psu gold (Corsair rm750)

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

Mobo: Z390 taichi ultimate

Ram: 2x8gb corsair vengence lpx @3000mhz speed

case: focus G black

Cooler: mugen 5 rev b,

Storage: 860 evo 1tb/ 120 gb corsair force nvme 500

backup

8gb ram celeron laptop/860 evo 500gb

hello can anyone help me ive spent the whole day trying to figure out why my p106 can only get 20fps in furmark i tried all day installing and uninstalling drivers, change in bios igd to peg vice versa, change nvidia settings, change power saving settings etc.

my gpu is palit p106 ive bought it 2017 if i remember correcty

system is i7 6700k msi z170a m5 8gb ram

please help

gpuz.gif

2 minutes ago, okaykokey said:

hello can anyone help me ive spent the whole day trying to figure out why my p106 can only get 20fps in furmark i tried all day installing and uninstalling drivers, change in bios igd to peg vice versa, change nvidia settings, change power saving settings etc.

my gpu is palit p106 ive bought it 2017 if i remember correcty

system is i7 6700k msi z170a m5 8gb ram

please help

gpuz.gif

Where in the living hell did you put the card my man? Your card is obviously in a x2 slot and that is limiting all the bandwidth. Change the pcie slot to one that has full x16. check your motherboard manual for x16 slot.

13 hours ago, Shibly said:

Where in the living hell did you put the card my man? Your card is obviously in a x2 slot and that is limiting all the bandwidth. Change the pcie slot to one that has full x16. check your motherboard manual for x16 slot.

I think i put it in the correct pcie. Maybe the card is already faulty?

edit:
ok i tried everything change psu, clean the card, check for bent pins in cpu socket, put m.2 to other slot and the last thing i did is to install my other gpu and it runs in x16. i think im giving up now the card maybe really faulty.

IMG_20200401_072817.jpg

Edited by okaykokey

17 hours ago, okaykokey said:

I think i put it in the correct pcie. Maybe the card is already faulty?

edit:
ok i tried everything change psu, clean the card, check for bent pins in cpu socket, put m.2 to other slot and the last thing i did is to install my other gpu and it runs in x16. i think im giving up now the card maybe really faulty.

IMG_20200401_072817.jpg

Now that is really weird. This card is supposed to run at gen1.1 and thats it. this is the first time I am seeing this running at x2. can you give your motherboard model please? also if it is a laptop then dont bother. my exp gdc is also physically x1 and I know physical limits are not solvable.

well maybe he got a bad p106 like i did? the second time? from what ive heard the opensource nvidia driver has no 3d accelerstion, so lets assume thst means running at 1x, the card runs at 1x aka opensource mode, but crashes on swapping to nvidia driver, cannot even get to os login. i put my good card in the primary pcie slot, and os was fine 2nd one wasnt being used at all, so safe to say is a bad one if that worked. no longer have the bad one but i took a picture. the components were flipped on the bad one. the one on top was bad one. the square on the middle of both is the part i meant id flipped.IMG_20200331_032428.thumb.jpg.efb0ea208c3c91738c7cff3717082171.jpg

main rig:

CPU: 8086k @ 4.00ghz-4.3 boost

PSU: 750 watt psu gold (Corsair rm750)

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

Mobo: Z390 taichi ultimate

Ram: 2x8gb corsair vengence lpx @3000mhz speed

case: focus G black

Cooler: mugen 5 rev b,

Storage: 860 evo 1tb/ 120 gb corsair force nvme 500

backup

8gb ram celeron laptop/860 evo 500gb

5 hours ago, Shibly said:

Now that is really weird. This card is supposed to run at gen1.1 and thats it. this is the first time I am seeing this running at x2. can you give your motherboard model please? also if it is a laptop then dont bother. my exp gdc is also physically x1 and I know physical limits are not solvable.

Msi z170a gaming m5. Im sure its a faulty card i checked the card physically and saw the problem, i dont know what it is but its broken.

received_529003717810062.jpeg

57 minutes ago, okaykokey said:

Msi z170a gaming m5. Im sure its a faulty card i checked the card physically and saw the problem, i dont know what it is but its broken.

received_529003717810062.jpeg

Those are filter capacitors. You can repair this easily as long as you have precision soldering capabilities and a old dead card lying around. All cards will have filter caps in pairs like this on the pcie connections. Just remove 2 and solder them on.

9 hours ago, Shibly said:

Those are filter capacitors. You can repair this easily as long as you have precision soldering capabilities and a old dead card lying around. All cards will have filter caps in pairs like this on the pcie connections. Just remove 2 and solder them on.

Maybe i'll try to find someone who can solder this, i dont want to buy extra gpu. Thanks.

If someone makes doom eternal running pls inform us.

ok. another funny thing happened today.

finally today managed to run Doom eternal on my RX 470!!

uninstall the Intel Driver and run the with microsoft basic display adapter!!! of course the basic adapter is just for the output and the RX 470 runs the game.

so for those of you who have problem with running doom eternal, becuz of the old intel cpu. i suggest u uninstall the intel driver and use the microsoft basic display adapter!!

why does basic adapter capable of running the game and the intel driver is not, is beyond me.

btw, the game run fully functional with 60 fps in nightmare setting and lower texture quality.

5 hours ago, zereshk said:

ok. another funny thing happened today.

finally today managed to run Doom eternal on my RX 470!!

uninstall the Intel Driver and run the with microsoft basic display adapter!!! of course the basic adapter is just for the output and the RX 470 runs the game.

so for those of you who have problem with running doom eternal, becuz of the old intel cpu. i suggest u uninstall the intel driver and use the microsoft basic display adapter!!

why does basic adapter capable of running the game and the intel driver is not, is beyond me.

btw, the game run fully functional with 60 fps in nightmare setting and lower texture quality.

Thats amazing!!!

I hope it works with the p106.

Can't afford a Upgrade right now. 

11 hours ago, ichbins said:

Thats amazing!!!

I hope it works with the p106.

Can't afford a Upgrade right now. 

hope it does.

i was thinking of adding a fake intel igpu in windows and work with that, if micorosoft adapter works, why not a fake one?

of course for now i'm using the adapter.

do u have a driver problem with doom?

i think there was a way for going around that, it was a file named "launcher.cfg" in the game files, the last 3 lines(i think u should have 2 at least) have "1" in front of it, if u change them to "0", i think u can go around the gpu driver check.

but of course i hear the old drivers won't work properly.

4 hours ago, zereshk said:

do u have a driver problem with doom?

i think there was a way for going around that, it was a file named "launcher.cfg" in the game files, the last 3 lines(i think u should have 2 at least) have "1" in front of it, if u change them to "0", i think u can go around the gpu driver check.

but of course i hear the old drivers won't work properly.

As far as I know it is a vulkan driver version issue. The old drivers dont have support for some things that doom eternal uses or so I have heard.

8 hours ago, Shibly said:

As far as I know it is a vulkan driver version issue. The old drivers dont have support for some things that doom eternal uses or so I have heard.

heard some people able to run the game in linux with older versions of their driver.

so maybe it's not impossible to run, but with some fps drops and some bugs.

as far as i know, nvidia drivers had some problems with running the game properly and it was too much Vram usage!!

the game uses a lot of vram with different textures quality. i'm stuck at medium! but other than that, other options are at the max(ultra nightmare?) and i get about 50-60 most of the time. except for some very rare situations that i get about 40 fps.

only game i cant get to work so far is doom eternal just get the msg pop up about graphics drivers and shuts down anybody found a work arounf warzone works by installing new drivers and roll back , hopefully somebody comes up with solution for newer games coming out

Is there a way to spoof the pcie device id in windows 10? I would like to see what happens when windows reports the device id of 1060 insted of p106 and then what happens to geforce experience and nvidia drivers.

4 hours ago, Shibly said:

Is there a way to spoof the pcie device id in windows 10? I would like to see what happens when windows reports the device id of 1060 insted of p106 and then what happens to geforce experience and nvidia drivers.

Theoretically the windows will think it's a 1060 and get it the 1060 drivers, and since the P106 id basically a 1060, it should work...

But I don't know how to do such thing, that would be perfect for turning my P104 into a 1070/1080 now that I know that PCI ID can't be modified at all since Maxwell because it's tied to the gpu die...

From a strictly logical standpoint, the fact that a DP connector is present on my Asus P106 tells me that there is a video bios that allows for video output. Probably it was used in the factory to fully test the card, then it was flashed with the "dumb" video that doesn't allowed for video output and the connector was "hidden" behind a blind bracket.  Otherwise they would have simply saved the money and not soldered the connector on it.

I believe that getting video output trough the DP connector on these cards it's simply a matter of hacking the original bios of the card.

The major problem is that the damn last 4 digits being baked on the gpu die. otherwise tweaking some resistors would have done the trick. but now we need to manually make windows see it having a different device ID. we need a wizard with the windows system tweaking capability it seems. What I don't get is that Linux can run this card as usual but it is windows that messes it up.
anyways someone get that hardware id spoofed. I took my younger brothers i3 6100 system insted of my 2600k to run COD warzone and apex. but man it sux using an i3 after an i7. my processor straight up goes to 100% if I launch COD.

I don't even need video output, at this point I would be more than satisfied if I could remote into that gpu and play over LAN with Moonlight or parsec streaming or whatever. I've seen somewhere that in some VM software you can manually set the device ID's reported to the VM's, maybe I'm wrong but if that's the case we've got at least one solution on our hands...

My card too has video output but it simply aint working. Maybe a combination of 1080 BIOS and hacked drivers would work but I doubt that.

I want to get my hands on a 1070 GDDR5X BIOS. That card has IDENTICAL specs as a P104 so maybe it would fit... But that card is kinda rare and I couldnt anywhere find it's BIOS, if someone who owns one is reading this please send it to me.

11 hours ago, Shibly said:

The major problem is that the damn last 4 digits being baked on the gpu die. otherwise tweaking some resistors would have done the trick. but now we need to manually make windows see it having a different device ID. we need a wizard with the windows system tweaking capability it seems. What I don't get is that Linux can run this card as usual but it is windows that messes it up.
anyways someone get that hardware id spoofed. I took my younger brothers i3 6100 system insted of my 2600k to run COD warzone and apex. but man it sux using an i3 after an i7. my processor straight up goes to 100% if I launch COD.

http://grimore.org/windows/spoof_hardware_identifiers

Just found this, might be helpful to you.

4 hours ago, Pavlogal said:

I don't even need video output, at this point I would be more than satisfied if I could remote into that gpu and play over LAN with Moonlight or parsec streaming or whatever. I've seen somewhere that in some VM software you can manually set the device ID's reported to the VM's, maybe I'm wrong but if that's the case we've got at least one solution on our hands...

My card too has video output but it simply aint working. Maybe a combination of 1080 BIOS and hacked drivers would work but I doubt that.

I want to get my hands on a 1070 GDDR5X BIOS. That card has IDENTICAL specs as a P104 so maybe it would fit... But that card is kinda rare and I couldnt anywhere find it's BIOS, if someone who owns one is reading this please send it to me.

did you try techpowerup forum? they have the biggest bios collection from gpu-z users.

and why dont you try steam home streaming? there is also another option called spacedesk in windows.