Hacking Nvidia's Drivers!

On 9/1/2020 at 3:22 AM, Shibly said:

What about DX 12 based games? I tried this on my 2600k system. the HD graphics is no more detected in the Taskman but both gpu are present. P106- 100 comes up as a power saving gpu. DX 12 games run but old 12 fps cap still remain. can someone else set mshybrid to 2 and check on other 2nd/3rd gen cpu if it can run DX 12 games like COD warzone or Gears 5 without fps cap.

hi, what happened to the method that i explained?

if nothing else works out for you then there is only 1 option left, buying another cheap DX12 supported Graphic Card like nvidia gt 605 or gt 610 and getting the picture from those cards and setting the high performance graphic card to the p106.

if you have a mobo which has more than 1 PCIE, i'm not sure which card should be put on which pcie slot.

well i haven't tested it yet, cuz i don't have such a card, but the rules are the same as the integrated graphic card and it doesn't slows your ram performance by assigning ram to the integrated graphic card.

Guy who I bought my P106-100 from made a vid comparing it to various budget nvidia cards

IMO if its priced lower than a 1050 ti (seeing the 1050 ti sell for just a little less than a $100 is insane) then it's a good buy, just too bad about the Windows driver really... As for me I'm giving away mine, Zotac's fan is a little too noisy.

On 7/25/2020 at 10:32 PM, adelage said:

A little update, in case someone should be interested in improving the pcie capabilities of a p104-100:

First, I did a cleanup of drivers, reinstalled everything, and now I get a score of 2100 on unigine heaven (before it was 1400), while a standard gtx 1070 should be in the 2300/2600 range with the same settings, so getting close, even if gpuz still says I am running the p104 at pcie 1.1 x4(probably unigine heaven is not stressing the pcie slot much, I need to do other benchmarks).

Then, I noticed that some capacitors where missing along the pcie traces on the pcb

52E5EE9C-14B5-46AC-A5BD-44485A35294D.thumb.jpeg.b7be4028bbe39e93e3fa585b2f81fb92.jpeg

here is a picture of a zotac gtx 1080 mini, which appears to have exactly the same pcb

036D75F1-0C89-42D3-8C5B-D061C5DAB24D.thumb.jpeg.496210931006dc14f59db2288869baeb.jpeg

so, at least in my case with the ZOTAC P104-100 the pci-express limit is at hardware level, the good news is that it shouldn’t be too hard to get some caps soldered, hoping that the limit is not imposed in the bios/driver as well

Hello, final update:

soldering the smd caps missing along the pcie lanes didn’t work, so my p104-100 get still recognised as a pcie 1.1 x4 card, so the pcie limit is imposed at software (bios/driver) if not even at chip level..😪

Hi guys,

does maybe anyone know how I get two Colorful P106-100 working in SLI mode?

Both P106-100 are working fine separately, both with the 416.34 and 417.22 driver.

I did not find "79050fba6b240e", but "75050fba6b240e" and changed it into "C7432400000000".

For the other steps, I followed the guide on page 1 - but SLI remains disabled.

Does anyone have an idea what could be done to activate SLI?

Maybe @GabenJr himself? :)

Note: I have no access to the NVIDIA Control Panel (because neither card has a display output).

Possible solution: Is there a way to access the NVIDIA Control Panel, and/or activate the SLI mode in the settings elsewhere?

even real 1060 cant sli has no bridge, but well if its like linux drivers theres some command you can run interminal called "nvxcfg sli=auto, or sli=on arguments, and one of the coolbits will try to sli  beteen diffrent cards. sli doesnt get used in ANY linux games so no help there, but if is something you can type like this in windows nvidia file maybe csn try. likely ashes will be only game to use it as no bridge. or id the diffrent sli auto. @asddsa

main rig:

CPU: 8086k @ 4.00ghz-4.3 boost

PSU: 750 watt psu gold (Corsair rm750)

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

Mobo: Z390 taichi ultimate

Ram: 2x8gb corsair vengence lpx @3000mhz speed

case: focus G black

Cooler: mugen 5 rev b,

Storage: 860 evo 1tb/ 120 gb corsair force nvme 500

backup

8gb ram celeron laptop/860 evo 500gb

@Snowarch: hm, I am not aware of any command line tweaks that would have the same effect as enabling SLI in the NVIDIA control panel - if there is one, it would be great if someone could share it here.

Meanwhile, I had a look at the registry - Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\

found "EnableSli" in Startup, but it already has the value "1", meaning it is enabled.

Without regedit/command line tweak:

"You are currently not using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU", which results in not being able to access the control panel. Is there any way to trick the NVIDIA control panel into believing that there is a display attached to any of the two P106s?

Could maybe anyone with access to the NVIDIA control panel track changes to the registry after enabling SLI in the NVIDIA control panel? Maybe these changes can be added manually as well? What exactly happens in the background when one enables SLI in the NVIDIA control panel anyway? :)

@Biomecanoid: I used DifferentSLIAuto, but all guides require access to the NVIDIA control panel to enable SLI in the NVIDIA control panel (last step also on p 1), but since one cannot attach a display to a P106, I don't have access to this panel....

Hey guys, I'm trying to install the nvidia 416.34 modded driver (fallowed the instructions on the video) but it won't pass the compatibility test, it says this driver is not compatible with this version of windows 10, I checked and I'm on 1909 with the latest updates (windows update is on), I have done the bcdedits, the testing writing is on the corner.

Does it need to be on a specific version of windows? Don't know what else I can do to get it to work.

20 hours ago, Takx said:

Hey guys, I'm trying to install the nvidia 416.34 modded driver (fallowed the instructions on the video) but it won't pass the compatibility test, it says this driver is not compatible with this version of windows 10, I checked and I'm on 1909 with the latest updates (windows update is on), I have done the bcdedits, the testing writing is on the corner.

Does it need to be on a specific version of windows? Don't know what else I can do to get it to work.

this error is showed when you already have a new driver installare. And because of nvidia's new drivers are "DHC" and the older ones are "Standard" version it gives you that error, now you can ddu the installed driver, and with your internet connection switched off install the older driver and not update. and if you need to update like for warzone and roll back to the previous one you need to download the standard version specifically which you can find on this page https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us otherwise if you download the new driver it will install and switch to "DHC" and you will not be able to roll back.

There are so many methodologies but I was wondering for a 4th gen or higher intel chip with a P106-90 which should i just... just offline install the official drivers and set the pc to high power mode?

On 8/21/2020 at 5:44 PM, zereshk said:

ok guys, latest solution:

you don't need to disable the integrated graphic card at all!!!!

firstly i have to say that i connected two display cables to a single monitor!! one from the graphic card(the graphic card does not work but the windows recognizes that there is cable connected to it) and the other from the IGPU.

1. using special WINDOWS key+p and set the multi monitor to extend so you get a picture like a ultra wide monitor but with 2 different desktops!!

extend monitor option has two ways, in which you can have the right side or the left side to work with which has the dedicated graphic card as the display adapter!!

by pressing the Windows Key+p again or mouse you can get to the side which has the dedicated graphic card as the display adapter!!!

2. ok, there is catch here!! 😔

start any game that you want, but the games start in the other side of the extended display!!! which is annoying and i couldn't find a solution for it yet!! maybe i'm doing something wrong or there should be a third party software which could solve the problem!!🤔

the only solution that i have right now is to start the game in window mod and use the mouse or ALT+Space and select to move the window to the other side of the extended display and voilla!!! the game runs smoothly and without any problem!!

it's so funny that microsoft stops you from using the high performance card selection, but it does not have any problem running DX12 games like Warzone or any other game in the extended monitor!!!

and there is no Warzone DX12 encounter problem BS before starting the game!!! 😆

anyone knows a multi monitor third party software which i can use? so maybe that one solve this game(and everything els!!) starting on the other side of monitor!

Will this work on my setup?

I have a ryzen 3 2200g and got a headless rx 470 same as yours, I managed to make the games run using the rx470 when I first installed it but when I turned on the desktop the next day it stopped working and the rx470 doesn't show as high performance at the display settings anymore no matter what I do.

I'm currently connecting my monitor to the motherboard with HDMI cable and my monitor only has another VGA DSub port available. If I connect a VGA to HDMI adapter to the hidden HDMI of the graphics card will it work?

10 hours ago, Heduardo said:

Will this work on my setup?

I have a ryzen 3 2200g and got a headless rx 470 same as yours, I managed to make the games run using the rx470 when I first installed it but when I turned on the desktop the next day it stopped working and the rx470 doesn't show as high performance at the display settings anymore no matter what I do.

I'm currently connecting my monitor to the motherboard with HDMI cable and my monitor only has another VGA DSub port available. If I connect a VGA to HDMI adapter to the hidden HDMI of the graphics card will it work?

hi, i haven't tested the ryzen yet, but it should work! cuz there is nothing different here between your system and mine. use the latest solution(a few posts later than that one). 

using "display fusion", you can do everything without the windows multi monitor, which is kind of problematic!

right now i'm using the card for every game that i can find and it does work flawlessly!!!

the only game i've got a fullscreen problem with, is Warzone which i solved the problem with another software named "Borderless Gaming"!!

i recommend you to flash you graphic card bios to a gaming version, be careful about which version you're using!

for me the original version was working fine but it was a mining card and had a few frequencies underclocked and others overclocked and it wasn't meant for gaming but after flashing, it's like a RX 470 nitro+ completely!! 

On 9/25/2020 at 8:15 PM, zereshk said:

hi, i haven't tested the ryzen yet, but it should work! cuz there is nothing different here between your system and mine. use the latest solution(a few posts later than that one). 

using "display fusion", you can do everything without the windows multi monitor, which is kind of problematic!

right now i'm using the card for every game that i can find and it does work flawlessly!!!

the only game i've got a fullscreen problem with, is Warzone which i solved the problem with another software named "Borderless Gaming"!!

i recommend you to flash you graphic card bios to a gaming version, be careful about which version you're using!

for me the original version was working fine but it was a mining card and had a few frequencies underclocked and others overclocked and it wasn't meant for gaming but after flashing, it's like a RX 470 nitro+ completely!! 

OMG! I had given up all hope, but it is finally working!

Now it's just a matter of learning how to use the features of the display fusion!

Thank you so much!!

Hi guys

I bought a P106-90 3Gb to use not for gaming but to accelerate Photoshop and plugins, in particular Topaz Labs Sharpen AI.

Card works under Windows 10 after doing the driver hack, but I can't get any apps to use the card as for both the power saving and performance options Windows shows the Firepro W5100 I'm using as a display card. I can't access Nvidia Control Panel either as it says there is no display connected to the GPU (which there isn't of course).

So does anyone know a workaround that can get this card working, to make it appear as either the Power Saving or Performance option in Windows?

Sharpen-AI-01.jpg

Sharpen-AI-02.jpg

Sharpen-AI-03.jpg

Sharpen-AI-04.jpg

I think what I'm missing is the registry edit step:

click on find at top of menu in regedit look for find

type in search field enablemshybrid

look for adaptor type change from 2 to 4

look for mshybrid change form 0 to 1

now goto device manager and click on the p106 and disable then enable again

The problem is, I can't find any mshybrid or enablemshybrid entry in my registry (Windows 10 1909).

There is mention of manually adding the enablemshybrid entry, but I have no idea how to do it.

I found out why I can't find the registry entries on page 8 of this thread:

all works perfectly with EnableMsHybrid=0 and EnableCoproc=0 although nvdispi.inf does not create these keys for GTX 1060.

The poster referred to this video:

However, in the video, the edit to the registry is to remove a key called Adaptertype, I found the correct place where this key should be and it isn't there, so I couldn't remove it.

So now I'm confused and stuck.

I manually added the keys to the registry, restarted, enabled and disabled the card and now I can access Nvidia Control Panel but Graphics Settings in windows still shows the Firepro card as both the power saving and high performance options. Topaz Sharpen AI is still running very slowly so it doesn't appear to be working.

Sharpen-AI-05.jpg

Sharpen-AI-06.jpg

Hi, will this method work with the integrated graphics of the athlon 3000g?

On 10/7/2020 at 9:14 PM, Ian Greenhalgh said:

I manually added the keys to the registry, restarted, enabled and disabled the card and now I can access Nvidia Control Panel but Graphics Settings in windows still shows the Firepro card as both the power saving and high performance options. Topaz Sharpen AI is still running very slowly so it doesn't appear to be working.

Sharpen-AI-05.jpg

Sharpen-AI-06.jpg

try disable the fire pro card in device manger to see the p106 shows up in graphics settings as high or power saving ;)

If I disable the firepro, won't I lose the display, then I won't be able to see anything - black screen?

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone wants to try Red Dead Redemption 2 place this file in (C:\Users\(your user name)\Documents\Rockstar Games\Red Dead Redemption 2\Settings 
and the game will lunch. basically the game defaults to Vulkan API and the game will show you an error telling to update, this file has setting with DX12 as the API after lunching the game you can change the settings to what you like.
I manged to boot to the game but it crashes after a while, not sure it's only on my PC or on all the P106's. If some one has Red Dead 2 and want to test, please let us know if it works or not for you. 

system.xml

This guide did not teach me how to make hamburgers. 

春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。

On 2/3/2019 at 9:59 PM, GabenJr said:

We didn’t recommend using the Chinese driver in our mining GPU video, but now, we’ll show you how to make Nvidia’s drivers work for yourself – And how to go deeper.

Buy a P106 (mining "GTX 1060") on Taobao: https://lmg.gg/8KV9W

Buy a real GTX 1060:
On Amazon: http://geni.us/rveAUH
On Newegg: https://lmg.gg/8KV6B

Download link for GeForce driver 416.34: https://lmg.gg/8KV93

Download link for HxD: https://lmg.gg/8KV9m

Download link for DifferentSLIAuto: https://lmg.gg/8KV9P

Download link for 7-Zip: https://lmg.gg/8KV9p

TechPowerUp Forum Thread: https://lmg.gg/8KV91

How to mod the P106 driver

• Make sure Secure Boot is disabled and Windows is in testsigning mode
    • Check your motherboard manual for information on how to disable Secure Boot
    • Testsigning can be enabled by opening up a Command Prompt or PowerShell as administrator, then typing:
    • bcdedit /set {current} testsigning on
    • bcdedit /set {current} nointegritychecks on
    • This can be done for a single boot by going to Start -> Power -> Restart and holding shift while clicking Restart, then choosing Troubleshoot, then Advanced Options, then Startup Settings - Once you get to the menu, choose to disable driver signature enforcement.
    • After restarting, you’ll know it worked if some text is displayed in the lower right corner of your desktop
  • Download and extract the GeForce driver using 7-Zip
  • In the extracted folder, go to the Display.Driver folder and open nv_dispi.infusing Notepad++
  • Search for lines containing 1B87 (P104-100), 1BC7, (P104-101) 1C07(P106-100), and 1C09 (P106-090)
    • Change each line's Section number to match the 1C06 (GTX 1060) line - On 416.34, that means from Section110 to Section108
    • On the third set of lines, the Section numbers will be different; Again change it to match the 1C06 (GTX 1060) line - On 416.34, that's Section109 to Section107
  • Save the file
  • Install the driver as normal – Windows will complain that it’s unsigned; Click allow.
  • Right-click the desktop, go to Display Settings, then Graphics Settings
    • From here, you can force any game to use the P106 to render while your integrated GPU is used for display output.

How to perform the SLI mod

• Make sure Secure Boot is disabled and Windows is in testsigning mode
    • Check your motherboard manual for information on how to disable Secure Boot
    • Testsigning can be enabled by opening up a Command Prompt or PowerShell as administrator, then typing:
    • bcdedit /set {current} testsigning on
    • bcdedit /set {current} nointegritychecks on
    • This can be done for a single boot by going to Start -> Power -> Restart and holding shift while clicking Restart
    • After restarting, you’ll know it worked if some text is displayed in the lower right corner of your desktop
  • Install both graphics cards you wish to attempt SLI with
    • The first three characters of the PCI device ID MUST match to enable SLI
    • To find out what the device ID is, right-click the start button and click Device Manager
    • In the Display adaptors list double-click the card you want to check.
    • Under the Details tab, click the drop-down and then click Hardware IDs.
    • It will look like this: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1F07&SUBSYS_86701043&REV_A1
    • VEN_10DE means Nvidia, while DEV_1F07 is the device ID – In this example, an RTX 2070. So in order to run SLI, the other card’s device ID will have to also start with DEV_1F0
  • Download and install the GeForce driver as usual
  • Download and extract the DifferentSLIAuto package
  • Go to C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository and sort by date
  • Go into the newest folder beginning with nv_dispi.inf
  • Copy the nvlddmkm.sys file to the DifferentSLIAuto folder
  • Open the install.cmd file in the DifferentSLIAuto folder in Notepad++
  • Replace the three mentions of nv_dispi.inf in install.cmd with the folder name we got the nvlddmkm.sys file
  • Open the nvlddmkm.sys we copied in a hex editor (HxD)
  • In HxD, go to Search, then Find, then click the Hex Values tab
    • Search for 79050fba6b240e
    • Position the cursor at the start of these values
    • Replace with C7432400000000 (no need to delete first, just type over it)
    • Save the file
  • Reboot into Safe Mode with Networking
    • Click Start, then Power, then hold shift while clicking Reboot
    • In the menu that comes up, click Troubleshoot, then Advanced Options, then Startup Settings (on some PCs, this may be behind a “show more options” arrow) - Once the PC reboots, press 5 on the screen that appears.
  • Run install.cmd in the DifferentSLIAuto folder as administrator
  • Reboot into normal mode
  • Enable SLI (hopefully)

Hey, hope all is well, I'm a new guy here and I've come across a problem, I was following the steps and everything was fine, until I reached the HxD part. I opened the nvlddmkm.sys file in the HxD app, then searched for "79050fba6b240e" but couldn't find it, so I couldn't continue the rest of the steps and of course the sli option didn't show in control panel.

Specs:
i7-6700 @ 3.4GHz(8CPUs)

16GB DDR4 ram 2400 MHz
256GB M2.NVMe
1TB HDD
2x GTX 750 TI
Thermaltake PSU 675w

20 hours ago, Rayge said:

Hey, hope all is well, I'm a new guy here and I've come across a problem, I was following the steps and everything was fine, until I reached the HxD part. I opened the nvlddmkm.sys file in the HxD app, then searched for "79050fba6b240e" but couldn't find it, so I couldn't continue the rest of the steps and of course the sli option didn't show in control panel.

Specs:
i7-6700 @ 3.4GHz(8CPUs)

16GB DDR4 ram 2400 MHz
256GB M2.NVMe
1TB HDD
2x GTX 750 TI
Thermaltake PSU 675w

Don't follow that guide it's obsolete. follow this one

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got my P106-90 working, the key was setting enablemshybrid to 2. However, it doesn't work to accelerate photoshop or the Topaz AI apps, however, it works fine to play games. It comes up as the power saving option so I simply set the games to use that option and it works great. So far I've played Fallout New Vegas, The Outer Worlds and No Man's Sky and they all run well at 1080p with high settings (Xeon E5-2673v3 12 core, 32Gb of quad channel DDR @ 2133Mhz) which is fine for me.