Hacking Nvidia's Drivers!

On 4/24/2019 at 3:38 PM, poorboy said:

I've been having computer lockups every once in a while where the whole computer will fail. The screen would freeze, all audio will stop, and the computer becomes non-responsive. The computer has to be hard-reset. I was wondering if any of y'all get the same issue. It always happens when I'm in the middle of a game, so I'm pretty certain it's a P106 problem. I'm still on 416.34, and I should probably update to 417.22, but I wanted to know if I was the only one getting this problem.

what happened to me was, while playing r6 siege or valorant the game freeze in the middle of match and crash to desktop without any error, is there any solution? i'm on 417.22 thank you
---------
solved it, it's ram problem, i'm using ryzen 2200g and my ram using xmp on 2666 then i set xmp to auto on 2666, it fixed the problem

Edited by abelard42

On 2/3/2019 at 11:59 PM, GabenJr said:

We didn’t recommend using the Chinese driver in our mining GPU video, but now, we’ll show you how to make Nvidia’s drivers work for yourself – And how to go deeper.

Buy a P106 (mining "GTX 1060") on Taobao: https://lmg.gg/8KV9W

Buy a real GTX 1060:
On Amazon: http://geni.us/rveAUH
On Newegg: https://lmg.gg/8KV6B

Download link for GeForce driver 416.34: https://lmg.gg/8KV93

Download link for HxD: https://lmg.gg/8KV9m

Download link for DifferentSLIAuto: https://lmg.gg/8KV9P

Download link for 7-Zip: https://lmg.gg/8KV9p

TechPowerUp Forum Thread: https://lmg.gg/8KV91

How to mod the P106 driver

• Make sure Secure Boot is disabled and Windows is in testsigning mode
    • Check your motherboard manual for information on how to disable Secure Boot
    • Testsigning can be enabled by opening up a Command Prompt or PowerShell as administrator, then typing:
    • bcdedit /set {current} testsigning on
    • bcdedit /set {current} nointegritychecks on
    • This can be done for a single boot by going to Start -> Power -> Restart and holding shift while clicking Restart, then choosing Troubleshoot, then Advanced Options, then Startup Settings - Once you get to the menu, choose to disable driver signature enforcement.
    • After restarting, you’ll know it worked if some text is displayed in the lower right corner of your desktop
  • Download and extract the GeForce driver using 7-Zip
  • In the extracted folder, go to the Display.Driver folder and open nv_dispi.infusing Notepad++
  • Search for lines containing 1B87 (P104-100), 1BC7, (P104-101) 1C07(P106-100), and 1C09 (P106-090)
    • Change each line's Section number to match the 1C06 (GTX 1060) line - On 416.34, that means from Section110 to Section108
    • On the third set of lines, the Section numbers will be different; Again change it to match the 1C06 (GTX 1060) line - On 416.34, that's Section109 to Section107
  • Save the file
  • Install the driver as normal – Windows will complain that it’s unsigned; Click allow.
  • Right-click the desktop, go to Display Settings, then Graphics Settings
    • From here, you can force any game to use the P106 to render while your integrated GPU is used for display output.

How to perform the SLI mod

• Testsigning can be enabled by opening up a Command Prompt or PowerShell as administrator, then typing:
    • This can be done for a single boot by going to Start -> Power -> Restart and holding shift while clicking Restart
    • After restarting, you’ll know it worked if some text is displayed in the lower right corner of your desktop
  • Install both graphics cards you wish to attempt SLI with
    • The first three characters of the PCI device ID MUST match to enable SLI
    • To find out what the device ID is, right-click the start button and click Device Manager
    • In the Display adaptors list double-click the card you want to check.
    • Under the Details tab, click the drop-down and then click Hardware IDs.
    • It will look like this: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1F07&SUBSYS_86701043&REV_A1
    • VEN_10DE means Nvidia, while DEV_1F07 is the device ID – In this example, an RTX 2070. So in order to run SLI, the other card’s device ID will have to also start with DEV_1F0
  • Download and install the GeForce driver as usual
  • Download and extract the DifferentSLIAuto package
  • Go to C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository and sort by date
  • Go into the newest folder beginning with nv_dispi.inf
  • Copy the nvlddmkm.sys file to the DifferentSLIAuto folder
  • Open the install.cmd file in the DifferentSLIAuto folder in Notepad++
  • Replace the three mentions of nv_dispi.inf in install.cmd with the folder name we got the nvlddmkm.sys file
  • Open the nvlddmkm.sys we copied in a hex editor (HxD)
  • In HxD, go to Search, then Find, then click the Hex Values tab
    • Search for 79050fba6b240e
    • Position the cursor at the start of these values
    • Replace with C7432400000000 (no need to delete first, just type over it)
    • Save the file
  • Reboot into Safe Mode with Networking
    • Click Start, then Power, then hold shift while clicking Reboot
    • In the menu that comes up, click Troubleshoot, then Advanced Options, then Startup Settings (on some PCs, this may be behind a “show more options” arrow) - Once the PC reboots, press 5 on the screen that appears.
  • Run install.cmd in the DifferentSLIAuto folder as administrator
  • Reboot into normal mode
  • Enable SLI (hopefully)

Can i use this on regular GTX 1060?

On 6/6/2020 at 10:24 AM, snedybhoy1967 said:

nope ive given u the soloution above 

thx i did everything again it didnt work so ig its either fortnite or csgo and gta , i chose gta and cas ofc 

1 hour ago, B1g_chungus2 said:

thx i did everything again it didnt work so ig its either fortnite or csgo and gta , i chose gta and cas ofc 

Dude your setup does not work with windows well because you have a second gen cpu. 

tips for making a p104 run at pci x16? the x4 gives lower minimum fps

main rig:

CPU: 8086k @ 4.00ghz-4.3 boost

PSU: 750 watt psu gold (Corsair rm750)

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

Mobo: Z390 taichi ultimate

Ram: 2x8gb corsair vengence lpx @3000mhz speed

case: focus G black

Cooler: mugen 5 rev b,

Storage: 860 evo 1tb/ 120 gb corsair force nvme 500

backup

8gb ram celeron laptop/860 evo 500gb

On 5/19/2020 at 4:13 AM, El_Notorio said:

Hello, 

COD Warzone keeps giving me 5759 error I also tried paging size for windows but no luck.

My specs:

i3-6100

12 GB ram DDR4

Windows 10 Pro

Nvidia p106-100 417.22

Intel HD 530

EDIT:

Got it to work by changing AdapterType to 4

and EnableMsHybrid to 0 and adding the game to the High Performance.

Hope it works out for you too guys.

i'm sorry but it didn't work for me i'm using 2200g, any solution? thx

22 hours ago, ichbins said:

Dude your setup does not work with windows well because you have a second gen cpu. 

it is  running all games except cod war zone i am happy csgo is giving less fps tho :( 

Which is the latest version of driver this works on?

9 hours ago, abelard42 said:

i'm sorry but it didn't work for me i'm using 2200g, any solution? thx

FOR COD there are 2 options:

1. Ignore the driver warning and run the game as it is on 417.22.
2. Install the latest driver, revert back to 417.22 to run the game.

On 2/6/2019 at 1:21 AM, TheGiolly said:

I followed this tutorial and it woked perfectly.

Games like Rainow Six Siege doesn't allow you to play in test mode because of the anticheat system. 

Today I'll try to (hardware) dump the flash of my Palit P106-100 and then try to (hardware) flash the rom of a Palit GTX 1060 6GB Dual.
I'll report here how it goes ?

UPDATE: flashed the 1060 rom, the card still works but still gets recognized with ID 1C07

I just grabbed a Zotac GP106-90 (GTX 1060 3GB) for less than half the price of a used 1060 (3GB). Did a full ROM dump, then I tried to flash the equivalent vBIOS for the standard 1060 3GB Zotac had listed. The BIOS chip was an ISSI IS25WQ040, a 4Mbit SPI Flash chip. Interestingly enough, the system booted on the standard rom. However, it would BSOD with the message "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" when you attempt to install the drivers. I then booted in safe mode which shows that the PCI ID remained the same. Nvidia definitely took some deliberations in preventing the PCI ID from being changed after so many fake cards started to flood the market & ppl changing their geforce cards into quadros ;) 

Of course, the driver started working again after flashing the original dump back on. On a side note, isn't the pstraps writable? It doesn't make sense on a hardware perspective to have dies that have hardwired straps, so the relevant MMIO registers that stores the mux select/straps select might be right in plain sight accessible w/ setpci. When I looked this up, all I can find are envytools's disassembly effort which documents pstraps up to the gtx500s series(?). If we can find the correct register addresses, it might be possible to override the values loaded by Nvidia. Does anyone have any insight into this? 

P.S: Use a CH341A and a decent set of SOIC-8 clips w/ 1.8v adapter (depending on the chip voltage in the datasheet). The black ones they've got on sale everywhere is a POS and doesn't work half of the time. 

P.P.S: If you dislike the P106 name in Device Manager, you can always edit it by finding the device in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\PCI\

Then just modifying DeviceDisc to show the name you'd like. Purely cosmetic, but maybe it'll help :)

Capture.PNG.a40e9ed8234a04879dbe476b4918b448.PNG

On 6/9/2020 at 7:08 PM, Shibly said:

FOR COD there are 2 options:

1. Ignore the driver warning and run the game as it is on 417.22.
2. Install the latest driver, revert back to 417.22 to run the game.

thankyou so much it's worked by using the second method

Can i use the p106-90 without a integrated gpu? I have a Phenom II X4 965 that doesn't have iGPU, i have a XFX 8600 GT, can i use this one for use the internet, word, etc and the p106-90 for gaming? 

31 minutes ago, IgnacioDN said:

Can i use the p106-90 without a integrated gpu? I have a Phenom II X4 965 that doesn't have iGPU, i have a XFX 8600 GT, can i use this one for use the internet, word, etc and the p106-90 for gaming? 

NO.
For explanation read the thread. It is already explained in detail.

hello guys recently the 106-100 Price dropped in my country (Tunisia) and i guess all over the world i just bought 5 of them for 50$ Each i manage to make it work with i5 6500 easily the chalenge was no mater we do we could not make it work on i3 9100F and i5 9400F we add vareoius 2nd gpu such gtx 1050 gt 1030 ... as primary gpu and we follow the steps and we fail so hard w've been working on a solution and end up with the same result its allway stay IDLE can you help us please 

@cgexe the f in your cpu name means it lacks an igpu. without that you can't make the card work.

i saw the 1050 and 1030 cards in your system. you could try passthrough with kvm and linux, but its vary difficult. i think theres a guide how to do that somewhere. i've never successfully done it tho. 

main rig:

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

backup

Do I need to modify the driver myself or does linus have the modified one somewhere where I can download it?

On 6/23/2020 at 6:06 AM, Notanepicstory said:

Has anyone got the p106 to work with Geforce experience?

1.jpg

Why do you need it, as nvenc is disabled and you're locked to a certain driver for it to work...

23 hours ago, Johnny100000000 said:

Why do you need it, as nvenc is disabled and you're locked to a certain driver for it to work...

well, because it's a nice to have. Game optimization, recordings,screenshots,frame monitoring all in one place which i think is very convenient. Plus, shadowplay does not disturb gameplay fps. Do you know any other software that works like it?

23 hours ago, Johnny100000000 said:

Do I need to modify the driver myself or does linus have the modified one somewhere where I can download it?

I founded this Chinese site with the modified drivers in it https://down.gamersky.com/pc/201812/1131006.shtml. But you still need to delete adaptertype and set mshybrid to 1 in registry for it to work.

7 hours ago, Notanepicstory said:

well, because it's a nice to have. Game optimization, recordings,screenshots,frame monitoring all in one place which i think is very convenient. Plus, shadowplay does not disturb gameplay fps. Do you know any other software that works like it?

Shadowplay requires nvenc, these cards just dont have that.

got 8fps in quake 2 rtx with this card. good?

main rig:

backup

im not joking. linux driver 440.64. simple screen recorder, or kazam + enable api stats does about the same thing in game fps/recording screen. @Johnny100000000

main rig:

backup

On 2/3/2019 at 7:59 PM, GabenJr said:

We didn’t recommend using the Chinese driver in our mining GPU video, but now, we’ll show you how to make Nvidia’s drivers work for yourself – And how to go deeper.

Buy a P106 (mining "GTX 1060") on Taobao: https://lmg.gg/8KV9W

Buy a real GTX 1060:
On Amazon: http://geni.us/rveAUH
On Newegg: https://lmg.gg/8KV6B

Download link for GeForce driver 416.34: https://lmg.gg/8KV93

Download link for HxD: https://lmg.gg/8KV9m

Download link for DifferentSLIAuto: https://lmg.gg/8KV9P

Download link for 7-Zip: https://lmg.gg/8KV9p

TechPowerUp Forum Thread: https://lmg.gg/8KV91

How to mod the P106 driver

• This can be done for a single boot by going to Start -> Power -> Restart and holding shift while clicking Restart, then choosing Troubleshoot, then Advanced Options, then Startup Settings - Once you get to the menu, choose to disable driver signature enforcement.
  • Download and extract the GeForce driver using 7-Zip
  • In the extracted folder, go to the Display.Driver folder and open nv_dispi.infusing Notepad++
  • Search for lines containing 1B87 (P104-100), 1BC7, (P104-101) 1C07(P106-100), and 1C09 (P106-090)
    • Change each line's Section number to match the 1C06 (GTX 1060) line - On 416.34, that means from Section110 to Section108
    • On the third set of lines, the Section numbers will be different; Again change it to match the 1C06 (GTX 1060) line - On 416.34, that's Section109 to Section107
  • Save the file
  • Install the driver as normal – Windows will complain that it’s unsigned; Click allow.
  • Right-click the desktop, go to Display Settings, then Graphics Settings
    • From here, you can force any game to use the P106 to render while your integrated GPU is used for display output.

How to perform the SLI mod

• This can be done for a single boot by going to Start -> Power -> Restart and holding shift while clicking Restart
  • Install both graphics cards you wish to attempt SLI with
    • The first three characters of the PCI device ID MUST match to enable SLI
    • To find out what the device ID is, right-click the start button and click Device Manager
    • In the Display adaptors list double-click the card you want to check.
    • Under the Details tab, click the drop-down and then click Hardware IDs.
    • It will look like this: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1F07&SUBSYS_86701043&REV_A1
    • VEN_10DE means Nvidia, while DEV_1F07 is the device ID – In this example, an RTX 2070. So in order to run SLI, the other card’s device ID will have to also start with DEV_1F0
  • Download and install the GeForce driver as usual
  • Download and extract the DifferentSLIAuto package
  • Go to C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository and sort by date
  • Go into the newest folder beginning with nv_dispi.inf
  • Copy the nvlddmkm.sys file to the DifferentSLIAuto folder
  • Open the install.cmd file in the DifferentSLIAuto folder in Notepad++
  • Replace the three mentions of nv_dispi.inf in install.cmd with the folder name we got the nvlddmkm.sys file
  • Open the nvlddmkm.sys we copied in a hex editor (HxD)
  • In HxD, go to Search, then Find, then click the Hex Values tab
    • Search for 79050fba6b240e
    • Position the cursor at the start of these values
    • Replace with C7432400000000 (no need to delete first, just type over it)
    • Save the file
  • Reboot into Safe Mode with Networking
    • Click Start, then Power, then hold shift while clicking Reboot
    • In the menu that comes up, click Troubleshoot, then Advanced Options, then Startup Settings (on some PCs, this may be behind a “show more options” arrow) - Once the PC reboots, press 5 on the screen that appears.
  • Run install.cmd in the DifferentSLIAuto folder as administrator
  • Reboot into normal mode
  • Enable SLI (hopefully)

Can you now do this with the latest drivers?

Bumping this. My P106 has worked great for over a year but I've now found one game that won't run due to outdated driver. Doom Eternal will not work with driver 1722. Hopefully someone smarter than me will figure out how to make a newer driver work. 1722 is pretty old now (from November 2018). More and more games will fail to run despite the hardware being fully adequate.