Hacking Nvidia's Drivers!

Hello, 

COD Warzone keeps giving me 5759 error I also tried paging size for windows but no luck.

My specs:

i3-6100

12 GB ram DDR4

Windows 10 Pro

Nvidia p106-100 417.22

Intel HD 530

EDIT:

Got it to work by changing AdapterType to 4

and EnableMsHybrid to 0 and adding the game to the High Performance.

Hope it works out for you too guys.

Edited by El_Notorio

Hi guys,

apologies in advance if i will be a bit repetitive. I've read almost all thread but still need help with my situation. I have a couple of Palit P104, flashed these with 8gb bios on a rig mobo. Working fine after that, did some tests in miners. First question, is there any difference which bios to flash? I see at least few different on techpowerups. 

Ok, let assume it doesn't matter much. Next i want to use one of these P104 as a graphic card for gaming. I have Ryzen 3600 build on MSI x470 Gaming Plus mobo. RX570 is installed as a main card there. When i try to add P104 there on Win 10 x64 1909, no matter what settings i set in bios, when installed P104 gives error 10 (not enough system resources). I edited 417 nvidia drivers - not sure i did it correctly though, can someone please post a clear instruction what to change? I changed 1B87 following instruction for P106, means everything else i wrote like in P106 instruction. Did everything the same, and in some point (probably after registry edit), RX570 got error 43. After that P104 had no error in Win but still no DirectCompute. I tried edit the registry by changing various values in adaptertype and EnableMsHybrid but no luck, at some point started to get error 43 on both P104 and RX570. And reckoning now, at some point i have both cards show no errors in Win, i switched all non needed things in bios prior to that, like sound adapter, all ports i do not use, including ethernet. Later it crippled again though and i didn't really remember all the step i did as it took me hours to experiment with it. and after some time i even cant reinstall 417 hacked drivers at all even i clean system with DDU every time before i try. Is it because or registry settings? Something else?

So the questions i try to clarify and would be very happy to hear your ideas/thoughts:

1. Is it possible to make P104 work with discrete GPU? People confirmed that with NVIDIA cards no go but AMD uses different drivers, why not? Obiously Win 10 can live with both amd and nvidia cards running as we see on mining configurations. 

2. What the heck is wrong with resources? Ryzen should have 16 PCI lanes for these 2 cards, why not enough? In bios i get x4 speed but i even cant make it work on this speed. I also have NVME drive but it should use 4 additional PCI lanes, right? As Ryzen has 20 in total.

3. Do i still need to edit 417 drivers or i just need to reinstall Windows and use registry hacks? if still need, once again, can you please tell me how to do it exactly in case of P104? Will older nvidia drivers help? Can it e in issues of new AMD drivers?

4. If it is absolutely no go with another PCI discrete card, will it work with lets say Ryzen 3400g? or any Ryzen with Vega core? Cause i tried to game on a mining mobo before with shitty celeron CPU - the issues is CPU and it makes no sense to buy very expensive CPU to make mining card work as it will be cheaper to buy normal graphic card instead. This is the reason why i actually decided to assemble Ryzen system i described above not long time ago. 

Any thoughts on topic are highly appreciated, many thanks in advance!

Update: I have some progress here. managed to have both cards in Win without errors and enabled Directx. But can't launch nvidia control panel, it says no monitor connected. 

And another thing: seems 8gb bios do not unlock PCI 3.0. Any bios unlocks? Cause i see mentions of it but cant find real proof and do not know what is the proper bios if it is exists. 

photo_2020-05-21_14-46-11.jpg

Hello, has anyone figuered out how to use Geforce Experience with the p106-100 yet?

Any idea on how to install the driver on windows server 2019? I keep getting the following error: "this version of windows is not compatible"

Update to my post above: I managed to make it work but it was like 3 fps in Gears 5. Out of interest i assembled another system on mining mobo + Intel G4400. Very easy to make it work, worked immediately but P104-100 again reports only 1.1 x4 PCI and no matter what i do and what graphic settings i apply i do not get more than 20-25 fps. Tested on Far Cry new dawn and Gears 5. Is it PCI bandwidth or CPU? 

And one more time - anyone can confirm that P104-100 is locked to 1.1 x4 on hardware level? Thanks!

p104-100 8gb (at pcie 3.0x4)is beating my p106 that runs atpcie 3.0x16 in heaven benchmark by 400 points or so (remember, dx gets a few hundreds of points higher before you say these are low for the card) 

p104 8gb (2000 in heaven)

p106(1600)

so, just wondering is it a display error of it saying pcix4?

earlier someone on this thread said that a p104 running at x4 is weaker than a 660. since its beating a p106 thats at x16, suggests that something must be off. p104 draws about 90 watts of power 1887mhz speed, driver 418. using ubuntu, so no driver mods were needed. i can get 23 fps at 64 render distance with minecraft raytracing. on high. 52-ish fps on shadow of the tombraider with aa on max and highest preset 

so is that good benches vs a real 1070?  should i overclock it? if so vram (already faster than a normal 1070 cause ddr5x) or graphics clock? getting degrees in the 50's at 100% usage. 

and is it a display error and its higher than x4 or has anyone gotten the card to run at x16 with the 8gb still unlocked. does x16 vs x4 make a diffrence?

main rig:

CPU: 8086k @ 4.00ghz-4.3 boost

PSU: 750 watt psu gold (Corsair rm750)

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

Mobo: Z390 taichi ultimate

Ram: 2x8gb corsair vengence lpx @3000mhz speed

case: focus G black

Cooler: mugen 5 rev b,

Storage: 860 evo 1tb/ 120 gb corsair force nvme 500

backup

8gb ram celeron laptop/860 evo 500gb

i have a p106-90 3gb working fine on beta driver 14.23 tested some games to show the performance :)

My Pc Specs

i5 4590 - £45

p106-90 3GB -£25 - 75w TDP

12gb DDR3 RAM 1333mhz £20

1tb Sata Hardrive £14

300W Delta Power Supply 80 Bronze Rated £8.99 no 6 Pin But Use Molex 6 Pin Adaptor

Case Is Cit F5 - £20

Total  Cost - £162.99

asus lga 1150 motherboard £30

Nice Build For The Money :)

not bad for money probally about the same as gtx 1050 i reckon the p106-90

added Pic Of Gpu -z Shows my Overclocks on Card As well :) 

here is the vid with games tested for use to see :) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLIvP9xBkPQ

GPU -Z.gif

On 5/18/2020 at 10:13 PM, El_Notorio said:

Hello, 

COD Warzone keeps giving me 5759 error I also tried paging size for windows but no luck.

My specs:

i3-6100

12 GB ram DDR4

Windows 10 Pro

Nvidia p106-100 417.22

Intel HD 530

EDIT:

warzone worked for me by updating the driver and roll back but after i nstalled windows again would never roll back to old ones so thanks for this strange the nvdia panel causes carshes for warzone but works fine without it 

On 5/21/2020 at 3:32 AM, Alugard said:

Hi guys,

apologies in advance if i will be a bit repetitive. I've read almost all thread but still need help with my situation. I have a couple of Palit P104, flashed these with 8gb bios on a rig mobo. Working fine after that, did some tests in miners. First question, is there any difference which bios to flash? I see at least few different on techpowerups. 

Ok, let assume it doesn't matter much. Next i want to use one of these P104 as a graphic card for gaming. I have Ryzen 3600 build on MSI x470 Gaming Plus mobo. RX570 is installed as a main card there. When i try to add P104 there on Win 10 x64 1909, no matter what settings i set in bios, when installed P104 gives error 10 (not enough system resources). I edited 417 nvidia drivers - not sure i did it correctly though, can someone please post a clear instruction what to change? I changed 1B87 following instruction for P106, means everything else i wrote like in P106 instruction. Did everything the same, and in some point (probably after registry edit), RX570 got error 43. After that P104 had no error in Win but still no DirectCompute. I tried edit the registry by changing various values in adaptertype and EnableMsHybrid but no luck, at some point started to get error 43 on both P104 and RX570. And reckoning now, at some point i have both cards show no errors in Win, i switched all non needed things in bios prior to that, like sound adapter, all ports i do not use, including ethernet. Later it crippled again though and i didn't really remember all the step i did as it took me hours to experiment with it. and after some time i even cant reinstall 417 hacked drivers at all even i clean system with DDU every time before i try. Is it because or registry settings? Something else?

So the questions i try to clarify and would be very happy to hear your ideas/thoughts:

1. Is it possible to make P104 work with discrete GPU? People confirmed that with NVIDIA cards no go but AMD uses different drivers, why not? Obiously Win 10 can live with both amd and nvidia cards running as we see on mining configurations. 

2. What the heck is wrong with resources? Ryzen should have 16 PCI lanes for these 2 cards, why not enough? In bios i get x4 speed but i even cant make it work on this speed. I also have NVME drive but it should use 4 additional PCI lanes, right? As Ryzen has 20 in total.

3. Do i still need to edit 417 drivers or i just need to reinstall Windows and use registry hacks? if still need, once again, can you please tell me how to do it exactly in case of P104? Will older nvidia drivers help? Can it e in issues of new AMD drivers?

4. If it is absolutely no go with another PCI discrete card, will it work with lets say Ryzen 3400g? or any Ryzen with Vega core? Cause i tried to game on a mining mobo before with shitty celeron CPU - the issues is CPU and it makes no sense to buy very expensive CPU to make mining card work as it will be cheaper to buy normal graphic card instead. This is the reason why i actually decided to assemble Ryzen system i described above not long time ago. 

Any thoughts on topic are highly appreciated, many thanks in advance!

Update: I have some progress here. managed to have both cards in Win without errors and enabled Directx. But can't launch nvidia control panel, it says no monitor connected. 

And another thing: seems 8gb bios do not unlock PCI 3.0. Any bios unlocks? Cause i see mentions of it but cant find real proof and do not know what is the proper bios if it is exists. 

photo_2020-05-21_14-46-11.jpg

need to goto regedit and change mshybrid to 1 for control panel

the p106 i got had pcix16 enabled by default. i don't think the pci x number does anything. default clocks, in heaven benchmark the p104 8gb running at pci x4 beat the card in heaven bench by a few hundreds of points on heaven opengl.

main rig:

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

backup

On 2/3/2019 at 11:59 PM, GabenJr said:

We didn’t recommend using the Chinese driver in our mining GPU video, but now, we’ll show you how to make Nvidia’s drivers work for yourself – And how to go deeper.

Buy a P106 (mining "GTX 1060") on Taobao: https://lmg.gg/8KV9W

Buy a real GTX 1060:
On Amazon: http://geni.us/rveAUH
On Newegg: https://lmg.gg/8KV6B

Download link for GeForce driver 416.34: https://lmg.gg/8KV93

Download link for HxD: https://lmg.gg/8KV9m

Download link for DifferentSLIAuto: https://lmg.gg/8KV9P

Download link for 7-Zip: https://lmg.gg/8KV9p

TechPowerUp Forum Thread: https://lmg.gg/8KV91

How to mod the P106 driver

• Make sure Secure Boot is disabled and Windows is in testsigning mode
    • Check your motherboard manual for information on how to disable Secure Boot
    • Testsigning can be enabled by opening up a Command Prompt or PowerShell as administrator, then typing:
    • bcdedit /set {current} testsigning on
    • bcdedit /set {current} nointegritychecks on
    • This can be done for a single boot by going to Start -> Power -> Restart and holding shift while clicking Restart, then choosing Troubleshoot, then Advanced Options, then Startup Settings - Once you get to the menu, choose to disable driver signature enforcement.
    • After restarting, you’ll know it worked if some text is displayed in the lower right corner of your desktop
  • Download and extract the GeForce driver using 7-Zip
  • In the extracted folder, go to the Display.Driver folder and open nv_dispi.infusing Notepad++
  • Search for lines containing 1B87 (P104-100), 1BC7, (P104-101) 1C07(P106-100), and 1C09 (P106-090)
    • Change each line's Section number to match the 1C06 (GTX 1060) line - On 416.34, that means from Section110 to Section108
    • On the third set of lines, the Section numbers will be different; Again change it to match the 1C06 (GTX 1060) line - On 416.34, that's Section109 to Section107
  • Save the file
  • Install the driver as normal – Windows will complain that it’s unsigned; Click allow.
  • Right-click the desktop, go to Display Settings, then Graphics Settings
    • From here, you can force any game to use the P106 to render while your integrated GPU is used for display output.

How to perform the SLI mod

• Make sure Secure Boot is disabled and Windows is in testsigning mode
    • Check your motherboard manual for information on how to disable Secure Boot
    • Testsigning can be enabled by opening up a Command Prompt or PowerShell as administrator, then typing:
    • bcdedit /set {current} testsigning on
    • bcdedit /set {current} nointegritychecks on
    • This can be done for a single boot by going to Start -> Power -> Restart and holding shift while clicking Restart
    • After restarting, you’ll know it worked if some text is displayed in the lower right corner of your desktop
  • Install both graphics cards you wish to attempt SLI with
    • The first three characters of the PCI device ID MUST match to enable SLI
    • To find out what the device ID is, right-click the start button and click Device Manager
    • In the Display adaptors list double-click the card you want to check.
    • Under the Details tab, click the drop-down and then click Hardware IDs.
    • It will look like this: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1F07&SUBSYS_86701043&REV_A1
    • VEN_10DE means Nvidia, while DEV_1F07 is the device ID – In this example, an RTX 2070. So in order to run SLI, the other card’s device ID will have to also start with DEV_1F0
  • Download and install the GeForce driver as usual
  • Download and extract the DifferentSLIAuto package
  • Go to C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository and sort by date
  • Go into the newest folder beginning with nv_dispi.inf
  • Copy the nvlddmkm.sys file to the DifferentSLIAuto folder
  • Open the install.cmd file in the DifferentSLIAuto folder in Notepad++
  • Replace the three mentions of nv_dispi.inf in install.cmd with the folder name we got the nvlddmkm.sys file
  • Open the nvlddmkm.sys we copied in a hex editor (HxD)
  • In HxD, go to Search, then Find, then click the Hex Values tab
    • Search for 79050fba6b240e
    • Position the cursor at the start of these values
    • Replace with C7432400000000 (no need to delete first, just type over it)
    • Save the file
  • Reboot into Safe Mode with Networking
    • Click Start, then Power, then hold shift while clicking Reboot
    • In the menu that comes up, click Troubleshoot, then Advanced Options, then Startup Settings (on some PCs, this may be behind a “show more options” arrow) - Once the PC reboots, press 5 on the screen that appears.
  • Run install.cmd in the DifferentSLIAuto folder as administrator
  • Reboot into normal mode
  • Enable SLI (hopefully)

would any one be kind enough to do the setup for me via task viewer i did it but i get the gpu in high performance for sm reason

On 5/19/2020 at 1:13 AM, El_Notorio said:

Hello, 

My specs:

i3-6100

12 GB ram DDR4

Windows 10 Pro

Nvidia p106-100 417.22

Intel HD 530

EDIT:

could you help me set up plese via task viewer

7 hours ago, B1g_chungus2 said:

could you help me set up plese via task viewer

Guide To Install Card Took Me a Few Tries But This Is What i Done for 4th gen intel or above

download the Drivers 417.22 google find them

download intel hd drivers

install intel hd drivers and restart

install 417.22 drivers and restart

do registry hack type in windows search bar regedit run as as admin

click on find at top of menu in regedit look for find

type in search field enablemshybrid

look for adaptor type change from 2 to 4

look for mshybrid change form 0 to 1

now goto device manager and click on the p106 and disable then enable again

1 hour ago, snedybhoy1967 said:

Guide To Install Card Took Me a Few Tries But This Is What i Done for 4th gen intel or above

i tried it and it didnt work and the guy i bought it from wont return it i am stuck please help

1 hour ago, snedybhoy1967 said:

my one is second gen

@B1g_chungus2 well, you could try ubuntu or some other linux fistro. i'm using ubuntu, so steps are for versiom 16 of that.

worked out of box with right steps.

heard that 18.04 and up have an nvidia driver pre installed, so it may work for you without taking out the card, but still would. 

install the os without the graphics card in the pc. make sure igpu is set as primary display adapter and always on in bios. use the "sudo apt-get update" command. shutdoen the pc when thats done, put the p106 in and boot into the os. the fans may be loud since itll be the opensource driver. search the dash for additional drivers and apply the nvidia 384 one. shutdown the pc when changing drivers once it tells you to restart. should work. 

driver 430 is the highest you can get if you go 16 and use only the ppa, maybe higher if you can get the web installer to work. 

main rig:

backup

10 hours ago, B1g_chungus2 said:

my one is second gen

some games work on 2nd gen just disbale on board and the p106 should show as high peromance and games need to be run in window boardless to work i have a i5 2320 system and dx 11  games work but not dx 12 pop os works with new drivers but never used linux soc ant help u there

Install all required drivers including vanilla 417.22 driver for nvidia and intel. Restart.

Apply registry hack to enable directx for p106-100. Restart.

Open device manager and disable the intel igpu driver. 

. Go to start and open Graphics setting and add game exe as like haswell or newer gen processors but the difference is you select the only available p106-100 as High performance card.

Run the game. The game will be very slow but it will run.

Go to graphics settings and make it borderless window. as long as it is in fullscreen mode it will not be able to use the card properly. 

7 hours ago, snedybhoy1967 said:

some games work on 2nd gen just disbale on board and the p106 should show as high peromance and games need to be run in window boardless to work i have a i5 2320 system and dx 11  games work but not dx 12 pop os works with new drivers but never used linux soc ant help u there

Install all required drivers including vanilla 417.22 driver for nvidia and intel. Restart.

. Go to start and open Graphics setting and add game exe as like haswell or newer gen processors but the difference is you select the only available p106-100 as High performance card.

Go to graphics settings and make it borderless window. as long as it is in fullscreen mode it will not be able to use the card properly. 

i want to run csgo and gta both games run through a launcher could u help me run those?? valorant gives me 150 fps and fortnite gives me 150 fps as well. for me in the microsoft settings p106-100 doesnt show up as a high end 

8 hours ago, snedybhoy1967 said:

thank you disabling the intel gpu helped me get the results i wanted , btw is there any way i can make the desktop look better??

9 hours ago, snedybhoy1967 said:

now fortnite is giving 15 fps and i cant acess my nividia control panel

4 hours ago, B1g_chungus2 said:

now fortnite is giving 15 fps and i cant acess my nividia control panel

sounds like windows has updated the drivers , ddu drivers and install again or try roll back drivers in device manager and do the reg hack again

as for desktop set resoultion u want before u disable the intel on board and it will stay that resoultion

5 hours ago, snedybhoy1967 said:

sounds like windows has updated the drivers , ddu drivers and install again or try roll back drivers in device manager and do the reg hack again

as for desktop set resoultion u want before u disable the intel on board and it will stay that resoultion

can u use team viewer and help me do please 

18 hours ago, B1g_chungus2 said:

can u use team viewer and help me do please 

nope ive given u the soloution above