Hacking Nvidia's Drivers!

On 11/8/2020 at 10:27 AM, Ian Greenhalgh said:

I finally got my P106-90 working, the key was setting enablemshybrid to 2. However, it doesn't work to accelerate photoshop or the Topaz AI apps, however, it works fine to play games. It comes up as the power saving option so I simply set the games to use that option and it works great. So far I've played Fallout New Vegas, The Outer Worlds and No Man's Sky and they all run well at 1080p with high settings (Xeon E5-2673v3 12 core, 32Gb of quad channel DDR @ 2133Mhz) which is fine for me.

how are you doing that without iGPU? As previous knowledge is tis cant work without iGPU. can you give the full hardware spec of your machine? Are you using the firepro card as the display out?

On 9/26/2020 at 7:15 AM, zereshk said:

hi, i haven't tested the ryzen yet, but it should work! cuz there is nothing different here between your system and mine. use the latest solution(a few posts later than that one). 

using "display fusion", you can do everything without the windows multi monitor, which is kind of problematic!

right now i'm using the card for every game that i can find and it does work flawlessly!!!

the only game i've got a fullscreen problem with, is Warzone which i solved the problem with another software named "Borderless Gaming"!!

i recommend you to flash you graphic card bios to a gaming version, be careful about which version you're using!

for me the original version was working fine but it was a mining card and had a few frequencies underclocked and others overclocked and it wasn't meant for gaming but after flashing, it's like a RX 470 nitro+ completely!! 

Sorry for the supposedly necro, but it works on my Ryzen 5 3400g on a MSI B450M albeit at PCIe 1.1 speeds using Shibly's guide. PCIe link speed is at 2.5 GT/s max, maybe we can enable PCIe 3.0 support?

IMG20201111190720.jpg

On 11/12/2020 at 5:17 AM, Halshion said:

Sorry for the supposedly necro, but it works on my Ryzen 5 3400g on a MSI B450M albeit at PCIe 1.1 speeds using Shibly's guide. PCIe link speed is at 2.5 GT/s max, maybe we can enable PCIe 3.0 support?

IMG20201111190720.jpg

Sorry mate, as per my recent knowledge these cards are hardware locked to PCIE 1.1. There might be a way to do that if we can spoof the hardware ID to the driver, but I'm just an enthusiastic gamer without enough programming knowledge. Maybe they could do that, the ones with programming knowledge I mean. What drives me crazy is that these cards work without any tinkering on a Linux system whatsoever with open source drivers running i7 2600k. But in Windows I never managed to use DX12 unless it's an 4th Gen or above. But that's where I need the GPU to run my games. Now I am forced to downgrade to an it 4590 too play games which I swapped with my younger brother for my 2600k system. Going down from 8 threads to 4 now seriously hurts whenever I need to run core heavy workloads like virtualization or emulation.

Hi guys, can someone kindly help me setting up a P106-090? I tried many different things recommended here but nothing worked. My system is

Asus Z97M-PLUS

4790K 16GB RAM

256GB NVMe drive

Windows 10 v2004

After I follow all steps I always endup with one of these errors on the device manager:

Code 10

Code 43

Code 31

I tried both the 477.22 and 477.22.7z dartraiden posted in the thread:

I installed the driver with bcdedit /set testsigning on, and then I changed AdapterType to 4 and EnableMsHybrid to 1 (under the 0000 folder these values were already there but under 0001 I had to create the values)

Any clues of what is going on?

On 11/9/2020 at 12:10 PM, Shibly said:

how are you doing that without iGPU? As previous knowledge is tis cant work without iGPU. can you give the full hardware spec of your machine? Are you using the firepro card as the display out?

Yes, the firepro is the display out, it works fine. Any info, screenshots etc you want, I'll supply them if it's helpful to you. Thanks for the tip about changing the value of the registry entry, that was the key to getting it to work. Here's a screenshot showing how it is setup - the P106 is the power saving option and I set games to use that option, which appears to do the trick nicely.

Untitled-1.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi friends

I have I7 2600 and bought a P106-90 mining card the problem is that once connected, it does not appear in "Display adapters" as you can see, it is not detected in the screen driver, only the generic graphic driver of intel. HD Graphics.
How can I get the P106-90 to appear in "Display adapters"? Do I install another Windows? or it must be detected from before and my graphics is simply dead.

My motherboard is Gigabyte B75M-d3h

CPU: i7 2600

8 GB ram

image.png

image.thumb.png.3aaf17f3a8527dfbd9c740d12e80a273.png

22 hours ago, yoni_8 said:

Hi friends

I have I7 2600 and bought a P106-90 mining card the problem is that once connected, it does not appear in "Display adapters" as you can see, it is not detected in the screen driver, only the generic graphic driver of intel. HD Graphics.
How can I get the P106-90 to appear in "Display adapters"? Do I install another Windows? or it must be detected from before and my graphics is simply dead.

My motherboard is Gigabyte B75M-d3h

CPU: i7 2600

8 GB ram

The card should have been detected at least. check the card in another pc running linux/windows 10 to see if it even works.

Windows 7 is a no go, unless you have paid software. Switch to windows 10, Connect display to motherboard display connector, install vanilla 417.22 driver, do the registry hack, restart pc, disable internal gpu from device manager and you will have your P106-90 as the only display adapter. Warning!: I only managed to run games below DX 12 on 2600, not a single dx 12 game gets over 12 fps using this method. Also fullscreen windowed is a must.

On 11/18/2020 at 6:31 AM, Ian Greenhalgh said:

Yes, the firepro is the display out, it works fine. Any info, screenshots etc you want, I'll supply them if it's helpful to you. Thanks for the tip about changing the value of the registry entry, that was the key to getting it to work. Here's a screenshot showing how it is setup - the P106 is the power saving option and I set games to use that option, which appears to do the trick nicely.

How is the performance? Can you give me a screenshot running unigine vally at ultra using that card using DX rendering. I am looking forward to do this on a 2600K system and if possible an amd system without graphics to see the results. If thins work out well then we may see a way to work with this regardless of cpu generation, which will be a serious help to some people (including myself).

I just got my hands on a Zotac p106-90 and I'm having some issues. I've installed driver version 417.23, and set AdapterType to 4 and EnableMSHybrid to 1 but I'm getting a Code 43 error. My PC is a Dell Inspiron 3847 with an Intel Core i5-4570 if that helps any.

EDIT: I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it and I now get error Code 10. I've also tried switching to 417.22 but that seems to not have changed anything. I also have a Linux partition if that helps any in terms of recommended diagnostics.

Edited by Silicon42
Added more info about my problem.

On 2/3/2019 at 8:59 PM, GabenJr said:

We didn’t recommend using the Chinese driver in our mining GPU video, but now, we’ll show you how to make Nvidia’s drivers work for yourself – And how to go deeper.

Buy a P106 (mining "GTX 1060") on Taobao: https://lmg.gg/8KV9W

Buy a real GTX 1060:
On Amazon: http://geni.us/rveAUH
On Newegg: https://lmg.gg/8KV6B

Download link for GeForce driver 416.34: https://lmg.gg/8KV93

Download link for HxD: https://lmg.gg/8KV9m

Download link for DifferentSLIAuto: https://lmg.gg/8KV9P

Download link for 7-Zip: https://lmg.gg/8KV9p

TechPowerUp Forum Thread: https://lmg.gg/8KV91

How to mod the P106 driver

• Make sure Secure Boot is disabled and Windows is in testsigning mode
    • Check your motherboard manual for information on how to disable Secure Boot
    • Testsigning can be enabled by opening up a Command Prompt or PowerShell as administrator, then typing:
    • bcdedit /set {current} testsigning on
    • bcdedit /set {current} nointegritychecks on
    • This can be done for a single boot by going to Start -> Power -> Restart and holding shift while clicking Restart, then choosing Troubleshoot, then Advanced Options, then Startup Settings - Once you get to the menu, choose to disable driver signature enforcement.
    • After restarting, you’ll know it worked if some text is displayed in the lower right corner of your desktop
  • Download and extract the GeForce driver using 7-Zip
  • In the extracted folder, go to the Display.Driver folder and open nv_dispi.infusing Notepad++
  • Search for lines containing 1B87 (P104-100), 1BC7, (P104-101) 1C07(P106-100), and 1C09 (P106-090)
    • Change each line's Section number to match the 1C06 (GTX 1060) line - On 416.34, that means from Section110 to Section108
    • On the third set of lines, the Section numbers will be different; Again change it to match the 1C06 (GTX 1060) line - On 416.34, that's Section109 to Section107
  • Save the file
  • Install the driver as normal – Windows will complain that it’s unsigned; Click allow.
  • Right-click the desktop, go to Display Settings, then Graphics Settings
    • From here, you can force any game to use the P106 to render while your integrated GPU is used for display output.

How to perform the SLI mod

• Make sure Secure Boot is disabled and Windows is in testsigning mode
    • Check your motherboard manual for information on how to disable Secure Boot
    • Testsigning can be enabled by opening up a Command Prompt or PowerShell as administrator, then typing:
    • bcdedit /set {current} testsigning on
    • bcdedit /set {current} nointegritychecks on
    • This can be done for a single boot by going to Start -> Power -> Restart and holding shift while clicking Restart
    • After restarting, you’ll know it worked if some text is displayed in the lower right corner of your desktop
  • Install both graphics cards you wish to attempt SLI with
    • The first three characters of the PCI device ID MUST match to enable SLI
    • To find out what the device ID is, right-click the start button and click Device Manager
    • In the Display adaptors list double-click the card you want to check.
    • Under the Details tab, click the drop-down and then click Hardware IDs.
    • It will look like this: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1F07&SUBSYS_86701043&REV_A1
    • VEN_10DE means Nvidia, while DEV_1F07 is the device ID – In this example, an RTX 2070. So in order to run SLI, the other card’s device ID will have to also start with DEV_1F0
  • Download and install the GeForce driver as usual
  • Download and extract the DifferentSLIAuto package
  • Go to C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository and sort by date
  • Go into the newest folder beginning with nv_dispi.inf
  • Copy the nvlddmkm.sys file to the DifferentSLIAuto folder
  • Open the install.cmd file in the DifferentSLIAuto folder in Notepad++
  • Replace the three mentions of nv_dispi.inf in install.cmd with the folder name we got the nvlddmkm.sys file
  • Open the nvlddmkm.sys we copied in a hex editor (HxD)
  • In HxD, go to Search, then Find, then click the Hex Values tab
    • Search for 79050fba6b240e
    • Position the cursor at the start of these values
    • Replace with C7432400000000 (no need to delete first, just type over it)
    • Save the file
  • Reboot into Safe Mode with Networking
    • Click Start, then Power, then hold shift while clicking Reboot
    • In the menu that comes up, click Troubleshoot, then Advanced Options, then Startup Settings (on some PCs, this may be behind a “show more options” arrow) - Once the PC reboots, press 5 on the screen that appears.
  • Run install.cmd in the DifferentSLIAuto folder as administrator
  • Reboot into normal mode
  • Enable SLI (hopefully)

Hello Guys

I'm trying to install the SLI Mode , With both same graphic cards , Bit at the point where i need to search on HxD the 79050fba6b240e , i can't find it out.. 

Any one had the same issue?

Thanks

anyone ever try getting gsync to work through the motherboard's graphics output? I have an HDMI 1.4 out and just got a Dell monitor on black friday, but was wondering if anyone with a DP out has tried this

Well I've tried a few more things, but I'm still getting a Code 10 in Windows 10 saying this:

This device cannot start. (Code 10) Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API.

Which is wonderfully vague and nothing I search for has managed to tell me anything useful, causes ranging from wrong drivers, corrupted drivers, bad hardware, a resource conflict, hibernate issues, or some other vague nebulous issue since nothing says what resources it couldn't get unless you are running in windows debugging mode and know how to use it to debug PNP events, near as I can tell.

GPU-Z has this to say:

image.png.4899024d00d4ba4515544277b2b87a64.png

I notice that it's not using the full PCIe x16 bus, but what's even more concerning is that it can't seem to detect the Bus Width or Memory Size.

I've tried installing the drivers on Linux (Kubuntu 20.04) through the driver install tool, but the 455 version just gave me a black screen and the 450 version couldn't display the desktop, only some text that wouldn't normally be seen that seemed to suggest it had started the desktop. Is there a way to test if it's working in Linux via the Nouveau drivers since those didn't seem to cause any issues? Is there perhaps a GPU-Z equivalent for Linux? Also is the GPU pass-through on Linux just supposed to work automatically or is there something I'll have to do to make it work?

On 7/14/2019 at 4:59 PM, dextraa9791 said:

I succesfully installed my P106-100 on my pc. For some reason the fans were spinning up really fast while it wasn't being used.

I found a reference P106-100 BIOS from NVIDIA in which the fan speed is set to normal.

Successfully flashed my GIgabyte P106-100 6G (NVFlash 5.667). Now i don't need a MSI Afterburner anymore.

nvflash --protectoff
nvflash 213313_updGOP.rom --overridesub

Old subvendor is "Gigabyte", new one is "NVIDIA", so in cannot be flashed without --overridesub.

Do not try to flash P106-90 with these BIOS. Try to search appropriate BIOS on https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/

(set "GPU Brand" to "Unverified Uploads")

213313_updGOP.rom

On 12/1/2020 at 12:01 AM, hrsngrca said:

anyone ever try getting gsync to work through the motherboard's graphics output? I have an HDMI 1.4 out and just got a Dell monitor on black friday, but was wondering if anyone with a DP out has tried this

Don't know about G-Sync, but G-Sync Compatible / AdaptiveSync is supported only starting from 417.71 driver. P106 is stuck on 417.22/23

On 10/2/2020 at 8:50, LeDetructor said:

Chicos, he intentado modificar muchos controladores, y todos muestran el código 43 en el administrador de dispositivos. Probé DDU, estoy usando un p106-90 ¿Alguien puede enviarme una versión actual de su propio controlador configurado

HOLA ... CONSEGUISTE SOLUCION

A MI ME APARECE DE ESTA MANERA

image.thumb.png.65fdd6ab5b80fc256283dcc42114c9f7.pngAYUDA!!!!
NO HE PODIDO MODIFICAR EL DRIVER ... ME PIERDO EN EL   nv_dispi.inf 
SI ALGUIEN ME PASA SU  nv_dispi.inf  MODIFICADO PLEASE 

On 12/2/2020 at 10:57 PM, Silicon42 said:

Well I've tried a few more things, but I'm still getting a Code 10 in Windows 10 saying this:

This device cannot start. (Code 10) Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API.

Which is wonderfully vague and nothing I search for has managed to tell me anything useful, causes ranging from wrong drivers, corrupted drivers, bad hardware, a resource conflict, hibernate issues, or some other vague nebulous issue since nothing says what resources it couldn't get unless you are running in windows debugging mode and know how to use it to debug PNP events, near as I can tell.

GPU-Z has this to say:

I notice that it's not using the full PCIe x16 bus, but what's even more concerning is that it can't seem to detect the Bus Width or Memory Size.

I've tried installing the drivers on Linux (Kubuntu 20.04) through the driver install tool, but the 455 version just gave me a black screen and the 450 version couldn't display the desktop, only some text that wouldn't normally be seen that seemed to suggest it had started the desktop. Is there a way to test if it's working in Linux via the Nouveau drivers since those didn't seem to cause any issues? Is there perhaps a GPU-Z equivalent for Linux? Also is the GPU pass-through on Linux just supposed to work automatically or is there something I'll have to do to make it work?

Maybe your non-generic motherboard is the problem. Try nvidia version of pop os, no work needed works straight outta box for me.

12 minutes ago, Shibly said:

Maybe your non-generic motherboard is the problem. Try nvidia version of pop os, no work needed works straight outta box for me.

Can I test that without doing a full install? I really don't want to add another partition to my drive/redo all my settings on another flavor of Linux especially if it doesn't pan out.

32 minutes ago, Silicon42 said:

Can I test that without doing a full install? I really don't want to add another partition to my drive/redo all my settings on another flavor of Linux especially if it doesn't pan out.

Crap, I did fresh install. And I use opensource drivers. You can try like this: uninstall current linux nvidia drivers>reboot>install Nouveau driver>reboot>check if it works or not.
In my case All of my linux experiences are from pop_os based on 18.04. It didnot cause any issues during install and after install there was no confifuration needed. the card was working via passthrough automagically XD. Check the nvidia version of pop_os if you can ignore the hassle of fresh installation

On 11/29/2020 at 5:26 AM, Shibly said:

The card should have been detected at least. check the card in another pc running linux/windows 10 to see if it even works.

Windows 7 is a no go, unless you have paid software. Switch to windows 10, Connect display to motherboard display connector, install vanilla 417.22 driver, do the registry hack, restart pc, disable internal gpu from device manager and you will have your P106-90 as the only display adapter. Warning!: I only managed to run games below DX 12 on 2600, not a single dx 12 game gets over 12 fps using this method. Also fullscreen windowed is a must.

Hi my friend, I tested the card in a ryzen 5 3400g and it was not detected either. I bought in CHina through Aliexpress it arrived dusty and dirty so I disassembled it, clean it with Isopropyl alcohol and change the thermal paste. I do not know if that would have influenced but the fan rotates but it is still not detected by the display adapter.
There will be some solution I don't want to throw it away when I just have it.

On 10/15/2019 at 11:28 AM, HappyDent said:

hello guys i have Zotac p106-100 single fan and i tried this 416.34 driver method and it was showing in my device manager. after some restarts card suddenly stop showing in  device manager after that i tried to DDU , reinstalling graphic card , installing clean windows 10 build 1903, updating/ resetting bios but still the card is not showing as p106 or other device .. Because of this i am not able to do anything like i cant install nvidia drivers also. and when i tried other graphic card it detected but this p106-100 card is working but not showing in Device manager. Help will be appreciated 

Capture.JPG

Hi, I have the same problem. Please tell me if you could solve that problem. My P106-90 don't appear in Display adapter too.

On 11/29/2020 at 2:44 PM, Shibly said:

How is the performance? Can you give me a screenshot running unigine vally at ultra using that card using DX rendering. I am looking forward to do this on a 2600K system and if possible an amd system without graphics to see the results. If thins work out well then we may see a way to work with this regardless of cpu generation, which will be a serious help to some people (including myself).

I shall do that as soon as I can. At the moment I have the card removed from my PC as the fan bearings were going causing it to vibrate and emit a very annoying noise. I've ordered a replacement fan, as soon as it comes I'll get it installed and put the card back in my PC and run those tests for you.

The performance seems good, I can play The Outer Worlds at 1920x1200 with high settings and Vsync enabled (60Hz monitor) and it seems nice and smooth. I've only just managed to complete that game, so I haven't played much else, No Man's Sky runs well too, but I've not played it for more than an hour or so.

On 10/23/2020 at 6:36 PM, Mirror Reaper said:

If anyone wants to try Red Dead Redemption 2 place this file in (C:\Users\(your user name)\Documents\Rockstar Games\Red Dead Redemption 2\Settings 
and the game will lunch. basically the game defaults to Vulkan API and the game will show you an error telling to update, this file has setting with DX12 as the API after lunching the game you can change the settings to what you like.
I manged to boot to the game but it crashes after a while, not sure it's only on my PC or on all the P106's. If some one has Red Dead 2 and want to test, please let us know if it works or not for you. 

system.xml 4.25 kB · 17 downloads

hey buddy thank you so much for this trick... was searching workaround everywhere but did not find a thing... it did worked very well... played 1 hr no crash or anything... when did your crashed in game...?

On 9/10/2019 at 3:14 PM, Moitas said:

Thank you @Mirror Reaper and all you other guys. I have my Gigabyte P106-100 now working on Windows 10 PRO with 417.22 drivers. I ran some benchmarks and compared them to GTX 1060 6GB scores and they were the same. However when I play Rage I cannot even get steady 60fps at 1440p. I watched a youtube video comparing different cards in Rage at 1440p. I used the same settings as in the video but that guy got up to 140fps (capped) on his GTX 1060. I have not raised the cap above 60fps but I cannot understand why I cannot even hold 60fps. Usually the fps is about 45-55 with ~98% gpu utilization 

My system:

I7-4770k 4.2GHz

2x8GB 1600MHz

ASUS Maximus Formula VII

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1O4gqcP-a4

Hey man, it's possible to mod this driver in a Core 2 Duo or just 4th generation CPUs?

Hi everyone.

Maybe I found a solution to make the P106 work without any driver mod. I went to the device manager in Windows 10. Then updated the driver-> search local-> choose from a list-> deactivate "show only compatible driver-> select the gtx 1060 3GB/6GB from the list and call it a day.  Even GPU-Z picks it up as a GTX 1060 and heave benchmark is picking it up as P106, but runs on the card fine. 

I tested it with the drivers from 2018. I will retry it with more up to date drivers later.

My problem is, my passthrough card is an old nvs 315, which I have to ran with Microsoft basic display adapter drivers, because Nvidia only allows one version of driver at a time. So the P106 gets heavily bottlenecked. Maybe someone with an AMD passthrough card could validate my solution.

Greetings

Tommy

On 12/10/2020 at 2:25 AM, Tommynocka said:

Hi everyone.

Maybe I found a solution to make the P106 work without any driver mod. I went to the device manager in Windows 10. Then updated the driver-> search local-> choose from a list-> deactivate "show only compatible driver-> select the gtx 1060 3GB/6GB from the list and call it a day.  Even GPU-Z picks it up as a GTX 1060 and heave benchmark is picking it up as P106, but runs on the card fine. 

I tested it with the drivers from 2018. I will retry it with more up to date drivers later.

My problem is, my passthrough card is an old nvs 315, which I have to ran with Microsoft basic display adapter drivers, because Nvidia only allows one version of driver at a time. So the P106 gets heavily bottlenecked. Maybe someone with an AMD passthrough card could validate my solution.

Greetings

Tommy

i just tried it and is true, but idk if nvenc is working. new drives shows error 43 on device manager

i just received the p106-090 last week and im having a lot of fun trying to unlock the card.

The bad news: cyberpunk runs between 6 to 15 fps at 1080p and between 10 to 20 at 720p 😞 not playable at all.

aaand i just find a lot of blogs talking about our card like:

https://nemlog.nem.social/blog/22684 (japanese)

and it have a source to this blog https://www.jarvisw.com/?p=938 (chinese)

for 30 usd its fantastic! maybe i will bought the p106-100 😛

pd: english is not my native language, so sorry for ortographic and redaction faults. you are smart, deal with it.