Why Cortana Failed To Dominate

Uttamattamakin

One simple fact.  Microsoft did not have the guts to go here with her. 

IF they had done that (with a version of Cortana that wore a bit more clothing)   it/she would be THE choice for home automation or in offices.  A digital assistant that does not try to sell me things and does not know what I Google searched for  (unless I want it to).  Sign me up. 

So far all I've done is hook her up to my smart thermostat/ smoke detectors.  :/  I guess Amazon soon get to know what temp it is in my house and market to me based on it.  I guess we'll never get a cool holographic assistant. 

If you ignore that Cortana is a hot mess of partially functioning, sometimes maybe partially competent, Bing-bound bloatware, yes, I suppose your one single reason is why Cortana is a waste of space.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

the only time i tried to use cortana was with my son on his laptop and it plain just ignored him cause hes a kid

boooooo cortana hates kids

Cortana failed to dominate because WP didn't go anywhere and virtual assistants are useless on most devices that aren't phones.

Whereas on phones, they're only mostly useless.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Windows Search Bar > Cortana.

I killed Cortana on all my win10 devices lol... I didn't like those 50mb usage for nothing useful.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Because I don't need a personal assistant on my devices to function in life.

Killed Cortana on all my Windows devices so hard that no amount of Windows Updates can save her.

New Build (The Compromise): CPU - i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz Mobo - ASRock Z390 Taichi | RAM - 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200CL14 @ 3466 14-14-14-30 1T | GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI | Cooler - Corsair h100i Pro | SSDs - 500 GB 960 EVO + 500 GB 850 EVO + 1TB MX300 | Case - Coolermaster H500 | PSUEVGA 850 P2 | Monitor - LG 32GK850G-B 144hz 1440p | OSWindows 10 Pro. 

Peripherals - Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Audio-technica ATH M50X + Antlion Modmic 5 |

CPU/GPU history: Athlon 6000+/HD4850 > i7 2600k/GTX 580, R9 390, R9 Fury > i7 7700K/R9 Fury, 1080TI > Ryzen 1700/1080TI > i7 9700K/1080TI.

Other tech: Surface Pro 4 (i5/128GB), Lenovo Ideapad Y510P w/ Kali, OnePlus 6T (8G/128G), PS4 Slim.

Personally, I really hate Cortana's voice, and i don't trust Microsoft with my privacy, so I disabled everything in Windows 10, so, in reality they f*ed themselves over, it's not because there's no animation.

You only get one shot at giving a good impression to people, same thing happened to Facebook.

Look at Google, they know everything about our lives, and personally I'm not that happy with it and i would like to get out of that ecosystem, but they have my "trust" atleast, that's why no one gives them shit for the stuff they collect (some do, but most people don't care), and ofc Apple also gained big trust from everyone.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Microsoft was late to the personal assistant game and it's only really useful outside of PCs. In the one place where it may have made sense, like an enterprise environment, Outlook already takes care of 90% of what a personal assistant would've done. The rest would be handled by well, actual personal assistants.

4 hours ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Microsoft was late to the personal assistant game and it's only really useful outside of PCs. In the one place where it may have made sense, like an enterprise environment, Outlook already takes care of 90% of what a personal assistant would've done. The rest would be handled by well, actual personal assistants.

Yeah but ... do you really think in future we'll be using trusty rusty old outlook email?  Email has become a huge sucking hole of junk, spam, and scams.