Your Tech Pet Peeves

xrex64

1. People who think gaming PCs need better specs then editing rigs

2. people who think Beats are good

3. Razer fanboys

4. Apple Fanboys

5. people who think you can't do creative stuff with PCs

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

God damn it. Im going to go off and buy a 1500w psu now...

Ha do it! xD waste all the money!!!

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

Gamer products and marketing. How long before we see gaming USB cables that reduce input lag? ..and also has embedded LEDs.

Tablet/laptop convertibles. Most are done terribly IMO.

I have another one now; fucktards with Beats who say that they sound good and are better than most headphones, even after I explain to them flat frequency response and all of that good stuff.

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Apple.

Razor.

desktop icons (despite the fact the my laptop has nearly half the screen covered in them, but i clean them out occasionally desktop computer has none and I delete any that get put there automatically if I don't have the option to not get one) Just pin everything important to the start menu and be done with it.

People who don't hold discs but the edge and hole in the middle.

People who put disks cover side up and not bother to find the case, at least put it cover side down so when you put it down and pick it up you don't scratch it.

beats.

People who say the product they have is the best not matter what it is, its the best because its the one they have.

Mobile phone manufactures don't make small form factor phones with top end specs. (all of them until now with the Sony Xperia Z1 compact but 4.3" just scrapes in to acceptable for me)

Slabs of text with no formatting.

People who use there phones instead of a computer when possible.

I think that will do for now.

Edit:

People who have custom built PC and have no idea what the specs are, because they got someone else to build it for them.

Also

6nZc7.png

Look at all this damn white space, LOOK AT IT. Come on Youtube can you centre the damn page its not hard.

I have a little story that relates to this topic.

I was at a mates house with some other people and one of them said I'm thinking of getting AC4 for my PC.

I said what kind of computer do you have, (I have AC4 for pc and my 3570K @ 4.2 and 7970 @1Ghz can run reasonably well so I would know how well his specs would run it)

He said a custom built one another mate build for him.

I asked what are the specs, he had no idea what was in it, he said it was a bit over $800 AUD with everything half price so about $1600 AUD.

Then I asked what games he had and how they ran, He said that it ran Tomb Raider at maximum with out the hair on.

He couldnt tell me anything else about the machine.

Then one of the other guys there was like but you have a box monitor.

I mentally face palmed so hard it almost hurt.

Hes got what is probably a pretty decent PC but is playing on some old shitty 4:3 box screen.

Hes not really my friend only the other guys there.

Macs have better CPU's so their games will run with better stuffs (I said CPU so I know what I'm talking about)

Sure!  And the MacBook Air's battery will last 20 hours when gaming!

i'm a potato

1. Right click, open in new tab. Come on just middle click it.

2. People who use a closed laptop as part of the desk. I hate people who put drinks, ash trays and everything on top of a laptop.

3. People who don't do something the way I would do it.

you're my hero!!!!!!!!!!!  I did not know this...

anyone know of a shortcut way to do this on my surface pro?  right clicking just might be the most annoying thing when using it...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

you're my hero!!!!!!!!!!! I did not know this...

anyone know of a shortcut way to do this on my surface pro? right clicking just might be the most annoying thing when using it...

if you have a track pad just press right and left click at the same time and it acts like a middle click

if you have a track pad just press right and left click at the same time and it acts like a middle click

it doesn't have a track pad, just a stylus with a button on it for right click. left click is just touching the screen with the stylus of finger.

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

it doesn't have a track pad, just a stylus with a button on it for right click. left click is just touching the screen with the stylus of finger.

Idk try both at once otherwise I have no idea lol

Conversations like this "You made all those little parts for that computer?" no i bought them, i just assembled it "What if you put them in the wrong spot" you have to try really hard to put them in the wrong spot "whats that mean?"...............................or my all time favorite (pet peeve) "my computer isnt as fast as it was when i got it, its chock full of viruses" Grandma your using windows xp, its over 10 years old.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

cluttered desktops make me rip my hair out,

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I don't know why, but I always get angry when someone says this (they mostly do this when they're talking about an Intel processor)

A friend of mine and myself.

Friend: I think I need to upgrade my PC, the CPU isn't that powerful.

Me: Really? What CPU does your computer use?

Friend: The i5.

Me: Which i5?

Friend: You know, the Intel i5...

Me: BITCH INTEL HAS BEEN MAKING GODDAMN I5 PROCESSORS SINCE 2009. THERE'S OVER ONE HUNDRED F'IN I5 MODELS THEY HAVE MADE! YOU BETTER GET SPECIFIC RIGHT NOW I WILL SMASH THE SHIT OUT OF YOUR COMPUTER AND READ THE MODEL OFF OF THE CPU IHS, THEN SMASH THAT THING ON YOUR HEAD YOU STUPID SHITHEAD!

Oh and another one, people on this forum (or any other place on the internet) that suggest "did you try reinstalling Windows?" when people need help troubleshooting PC problems. And often it's just a minor problem not something major that makes the computer mostly or totally unusable.

They suggest it like reinstalling the entire operating system and setting up all your programs and data back as it was, is a task that's absolutely not frustrating, and worth doing with even the smallest problems.

You people should just go ahead and kill yourselves before I come and do it for you.

i-dont-know-how-you-are-but-i-will-find-

I've been working in IT a long time, here's just a few:

• Intel fanboys
  • Nvidia fanboys
  • Asus fanboys
  • Windows 2000 fanboys that bash XP, many of which are now Windows 7 fanboys that bash Win8
  • People putting a 1200 Watt PSU in a system that only needs 550 Watt
  • Number keys on letters, especially with slim PC keyboards
  • Fan/pump grinding noise
  • Sharp metal edges in cases
  • PS/2 Connectors on motherboards, don't need'em
  • VGA Connectors on motherboards, don't need'em
  • DVI Connectors on graphics cards, don't need'em
  • FDD power connectors, always hated them
  • Molex power connectors (at least when going to disconnect them)
  • Case LED/button headers not using a standard quick connection instead having to connect each individually
  • Modular PSU's not having a 4-pin power cable for the extra Mobo power connection and instead forcing you to use half of a split 8-pin power connector
  • Stripped screws, especially fan screws
  • People holding electronics by the circuit board then calling the product crap when they have to RMA it
  • People not holding CD/DVD/BR discs by the hole and outer edge then complaining about read errors
  • People that toss around laptops with regular HDDs in them and then whine about their drives dying
  • The above not having any backups of their personal data
  • The above having multiple nested folders with super long filenames exceeding the Windows character limit making it difficult to recover their data
  • Anyone that puts thermal paste on differently than I do

So AMD fanboys are fine?

Lots of people go with an overpowered psu to keep the fan from spinning up, at least that was my reasoning with my psu.

What do guy have against DVI connectors? It's a perfectly valid modern display cable, not something outdated like VGA...

people that don't use "tab" to change to the password field .etc

People that use the mouse to select check boxes and buttons rather than using tab, space, and enter.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

when my dad closes all my windows/programs to open firefox... He would close msi afterburner, ventrilo, steam, origin for no reason just to check his email.

Project: Vengeance

Intel i7 4770k | EVGA GTX 770 ACX | UD4H Z87 Mobo | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz | Seasonic X 750 Watt PSU | Corsair H100 w/ SP120s | Titanium X-FI HD Sound Card | Lamptron Fc5v3 | Plextor MP5 Xtreme 128GB SSD

YT  - http://www.youtube.com/user/jam3s121