Your Tech Pet Peeves

xrex64

1. no money 2. LGA775 3. "NVIDIA, the way it was meant to be played" splash screens. 4. Dual-core 5. worse performance than an i5-2410M and HD 6630M -cough-nsyedhasan-cough- 6. as a result, iHurt ' brain 24/7 7. parents don't buy me shit (first world problems) 8. no way to earn money since I don't want to get abused in an alley by Kiwiandapple

Mow lawns. That's how I paid for new GPUs for my desktop and laptop. (Water cooler too)

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

Mow lawns. That's how I paid for new GPUs for my desktop and laptop. (Water cooler too)

it's the middle of winter. also give #8 a re-read

it's the middle of winter. also give #8 a re-read

Do it during the summer or shovel driveways. And what's wrong with that guy?

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

Pinning a bunch of things to the taskbar annoys me. At least  with he desktop it is covered up, whereas it is ever present on the taskbar.

CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz Cooler: Hyper 212+ GPU: MSI Twin Frozr 3 7850 Case: HAF 912 RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: OCZ Modxstream 600W Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-LK HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda

Pinning a bunch of things to the taskbar annoys me. At least  with he desktop it is covered up, whereas it is ever present on the taskbar.

I'm the exact opposite. I can't stand a cluttered desktop. I only have Recycle Bin and a shortcut to the folder all my games are in.

I'm the exact opposite. I can't stand a cluttered desktop. I only have Recycle Bin and a shortcut to the folder all my games are in.

I have ONLY the recycling bin on mt desktop, NO icons on the task bar... everything is pinned to start

I HATE ICONS CANNOT STAND THEM

Haveing more then 3 icons on my desktop, Seeing other people with more then 3 icons on there desktop, Knowing people have more then 3 icons on there desktop, People useing Window mode when not needed, People not updateing cause they dont have the time.

sorry, but you made me add a forth icon on my desktop

MoBo: GA-z77x-ud3h CPU: 2500K @ 3.1 (miss my h80) Cooler: Stock GPU: EVGA 780 ACX RAM: 8gb G.skill SSDs: 2X Sammy 120EVOs HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracudas PSU: Corsair RM750 Case: Blue NZXT H440

1. Right click, open in new tab. Come on just middle click it.

2. People who use a closed laptop as part of the desk. I hate people who put drinks, ash trays and everything on top of a laptop.

3. People who don't do something the way I would do it.

1) I can't stand the iPhone videos where the user holds the phone upright. It makes no sense. Who's TV/monitor is shaped like that? ...well hold up, I guess if your monitor orientation can be rotated...but no...they weren't thinking about that as they were recording.

2) When installers try to sneak unwanted software onto me. C'mon, just ask me where I want it installed and GO!

(a) When I have NO option to select a destination folder for install.

3) Why are sata power and molex cables still chained? I'm okay with 1 chain of each. I'd like to see more of the end connectors, or even straight connectors; so I don't have to bend the top and bottom wires. Give me a branch of each.

4) Watching a person type in there password, not literally, then use the mouse to click submit.

I completely agree with all 4 and am enraged at the thought of these horrendous acts taking place! #1 makes me hate that phones even HAVE the ability to record in portrait video.

Going with #4 is using caps lock instead of shift (turn on caps lock, type a single letter, turn off caps lock). People who don't use tab to go in between text boxes. People who can't use keyboard shortcuts (ctrl+c,ctrl+v,ctrl+shift+esc, etc). BTW, that is one person I work with and watching him use his computer drives me crazy! It takes him 5 minutes to do something that takes me 5 seconds and he wonders why I'm so much faster than he is... and if I try to tell him he forgets right away.

I know, it sounds like I just want people to do stuff my way but, well, yeah I want people to do stuff my way!

"You PC nerds will never be able to compete with the raw power of the next-gen consoles."

" you console nerds will never be able to handle the real power of a PC"

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

so i ordered a backlit ducky zero for roughly $97, and my sister just knew about this... this was her quote earlier:

"why would you pay something that much for a keyboard? it's just a keyboard, that's a waste of money!"

i cringed so hard i slammed my door when i went to my room and i got scolded by my dad

my pet peeve would be like that, people who complain about things they don't know, not only in tech.. but also in EVERYTHING ELSE.

My literal pet peeve is that my cat has taken a liking to my mouse pad (oh the puns) so I have barely any space to move around.

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4690k @4.2Ghz w/ Corsair H100i GTX | Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti | Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PSU: Seasonic G750 80+ Gold | Storage: Samsung 840 250GB, Sandisk Ultra II 960gb, WD Green 4TB, Samsung EcoGreen 2TB

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4670k @4 Ghz w/ Corsair H80i | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 8GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | PSU: Corsair CXM 600W PSU 80+ Bronze | Storage: Corsair Force GS 240GB SSD

Going with #4 is using caps lock instead of shift (turn on caps lock, type a single letter, turn off caps lock).

Sean Wrona does this. lol

Having alot of icons on the desktop... My desktop only has one folder called "Everything" for everything

just have the icons laid out for specific purposes and then on desktop right click>view>show desktop icon

nice and clean until you need them, when you need them show desktop icon use whichever you need then hide it again ;)

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

Having too much things on desktop makes me want to kill myself.

Use Stardock Fences, it makes things a lot tidier.

Nothing to see here - move along.

Dust.  My never ending battle to keep the insides of my machine clean.

Nothing to see here - move along.

Having alot of icons on the desktop... My desktop only has one folder called "Everything" for everything

I have a folder on my Desktop called "Desktop"

I'm full of questions :O

1. low dpi mice if i cant move from one side to the other of a 1080 p monitor in 1 inch of movement its taking way to long

2. fan noise sounding like a vacuum 

3. LEDs computers in my room i don't need a night light. Modem and router and scanner(normally unplugged but have needed it for the last month) are far more leds then i want to have on 24/7. I have drilled into led printer cables to kill the leds.

4. metro need i say more

5. bad fov in games with not easy way to change it.I have noticed that some games end up making me sick when playing them for a long time that when i change the fov stops (im guessing this is related the the games i have become accustom to in the past.)

things that don't bug me at all are cluttered desktop as i never look at the thing i as i just keep it covered and look at the desktop in explore to me its just a folder that every few months i clean up lol

and people thinking a console is better then a pc... good for them

I've been working in IT a long time, here's just a few:

• Intel fanboys
  • Nvidia fanboys
  • Asus fanboys
  • Windows 2000 fanboys that bash XP, many of which are now Windows 7 fanboys that bash Win8
  • People putting a 1200 Watt PSU in a system that only needs 550 Watt
  • Number keys on letters, especially with slim PC keyboards
  • Fan/pump grinding noise
  • Sharp metal edges in cases
  • PS/2 Connectors on motherboards, don't need'em
  • VGA Connectors on motherboards, don't need'em
  • DVI Connectors on graphics cards, don't need'em
  • FDD power connectors, always hated them
  • Molex power connectors (at least when going to disconnect them)
  • Case LED/button headers not using a standard quick connection instead having to connect each individually
  • Modular PSU's not having a 4-pin power cable for the extra Mobo power connection and instead forcing you to use half of a split 8-pin power connector
  • Stripped screws, especially fan screws
  • People holding electronics by the circuit board then calling the product crap when they have to RMA it
  • People not holding CD/DVD/BR discs by the hole and outer edge then complaining about read errors
  • People that toss around laptops with regular HDDs in them and then whine about their drives dying
  • The above not having any backups of their personal data
  • The above having multiple nested folders with super long filenames exceeding the Windows character limit making it difficult to recover their data
  • Anyone that puts thermal paste on differently than I do

I have no folders