Your Tech Pet Peeves

xrex64

Messy desktops, ew.

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.3 ghz | Corsair H60 (Push/Pull)|  8GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1.6 ghz | Sapphire HD 7870 Oc'd | Biostar TA970 MOBO OCZ 750w  PSU | 2TB HDD + 120gb Kingston V300 SSD| Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer Case | SoundBlaster Audigy SE  Windows 7                                                                                      "I am a leaf on the wind, watch me..."   "You know nothing Jon Snauhh" "Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."

/Steam Profile/Folding@home stats/TekSyndicate Fourms/  \m/  RIP David Gold (1980-2011) \m/ RIP Peter Steele (1962-2010) \m/ RIP Chuck Schuldiner (1967-2001) \m/ RIP Dio (1942-2010) \m/ RIP Cliff Burton (1962-1986) \m/ RIP Dime (1966-2004)

People using Skype

people having a social life 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

people that don't use "tab" to change to the password field .etc

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

'Know it all tech heads' like my dad. He had to approve my first computer build when I was 17, and he had no clue what I actually bought asides from the FX-8350, and he wasn't even aware it came with a heat sync.

I also hate messy wires that show. It's one thing to clutter the rear of your case, but when it shows and affects cooling, I can't help but cringe.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Well you can't necessarily get mad at people for that. Like I don't know diddly-squat about cars or bikes and I'm at the compleat mercy and trust of the mechanic.

I don't get mad, just frustrated. Very very Frustrated

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

The computers at my university annoy me - regardless of OS. The Windows and Mac machines are the most obnoxious - at least the Linux machines are set up fairly well to do their own specific jobs.

The Windows computers are all distributed from a single terminal server, which ordinarily would probably be fine but it has glaring issues - for example the USB inputs don't get passed through unless it's a keyboard and mouse, so plugging in a USB stick is a no-go. Then there's the fact that to login you have to enter the same details twice, or 3 times if you then want to see your university emails... Like, why is the email client not tied to the same website as the university student portal, and why does logging into the server where the portal is hosted not automatically also log you into said portal? That's before you even mention the random lagg spikes and general lack of responsiveness over the apparently-only-10mb-at-best network they all seem to use...

At least the Windows computers get a network drive you can save stuff to though; if you try using the macs to get around the non-functional USB ports and sub-optimal computing experience, you encounter a new set of problems. Firstly you now need to enter your details 4 times instead of 3, since you need to log in to the mac, log in to the university cloud system, log into the portal and then potentially also log in to see your emails. The mice are also set to their lowest possible sensitivity and reverse scrolling, so you need to fix that before you do much else - a product of the primary issue I have with the way they're set up: the drives get wiped with each logout. They don't use a network drive, you just have to use the internal SSD which then gets restored to factory settings when you log out. It's stupid, especially since every program demands an update before you can use it...

I guess my primary pet peeves with technology are arbitrarily reduced functionality, and poor implementation.

having icons fill the screen (keep a max of 3 columns please) cat hair filling my keyboard (have 2 cats I'm forced to deal with it) and people talking out their hole (live in a console town, so it happens a lot)

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

notifications that aren't a text message or missed call/voicemail.  Or PC notifications about pretty well anything.  They drive me batty.  Bananas.  Bonkers.

Or things that want to run all the time either in the system tray or just on their own.  GAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

unorganized desk

spotty glass (personal desk problem)

dead LED's

bad cable mngmt.

well, you better avoid my PC then, messy desk (I mean there isn't like old food or anything just boxes and books), right now I see a spot on my monitor (for some reason this thing gets spots daily even though I don't touch it), and bad cable management ( this is do to case/partial monitor PSU)

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

well, you better avoid my PC then, messy desk (I mean there isn't like old food or anything just boxes and books), right now I see a spot on my monitor (for some reason this thing gets spots daily even though I don't touch it), and bad cable management ( this is do to case/partial monitor PSU)

I noticed that if you have soup at your desk, the soup can easily get drops on the screen if the water falls from your spoon right :P

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

I don't know why, but I always get angry when someone says this (they mostly do this when they're talking about an Intel processor)

A friend of mine and myself.

Friend: I think I need to upgrade my PC, the CPU isn't that powerful.

Me: Really? What CPU does your computer use?

Friend: The i5.

Me: Which i5?

Friend: You know, the Intel i5...

Me: BITCH INTEL HAS BEEN MAKING GODDAMN I5 PROCESSORS SINCE 2009. THERE'S OVER ONE HUNDRED F'IN I5 MODELS THEY HAVE MADE! YOU BETTER GET SPECIFIC RIGHT NOW I WILL SMASH THE SHIT OUT OF YOUR COMPUTER AND READ THE MODEL OFF OF THE CPU IHS, THEN SMASH THAT THING ON YOUR HEAD YOU STUPID SHITHEAD!

My cousin peasant that insists on consouls being better in all ways.

One of my friends at school says consoles are better, his only argument? Halo. I says something about PC's and all he says is Halo.

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

- Walk into a computer store and ask if they have a certain cable extension for your psu and they argue with you as to why you don't need it.

- Walk into a computer store and they say that Microsoft has never made a x3 pack of Windows.

- Walk into a computer store and you look at the prices.

- Walk into a computer store and... walk out.

Actual events.

One of my friends at school says consoles are better, his only argument? Halo. I says something about PC's and all he says is Halo.

He's in denial. haha! My cousins argument is always price! Bitch Please! I can make a pc that will whop your consoles ASS! and you get way more than just a thing to play games on! :P

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

When people use low resolution wallpapers...

Yea this one kills me every time I wan't to change my wallpaper!

On google images: Oooooooohhhh this one looks good!

Set as background: Welp this one is shit.

Yea this one kills me every time I wan't to change my wallpaper!

On google images: Oooooooohhhh this one looks good!

Set as background: Welp this one is shit.

Yeah, but make sure you're actually getting the source image and not googles thumbnail. I used to do that in the dark ages.

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

I don't know why, but I always get angry when someone says this (they mostly do this when they're talking about an Intel processor)

A friend of mine and myself.

Friend: I think I need to upgrade my PC, the CPU isn't that powerful.

Me: Really? What CPU does your computer use?

Friend: The i5.

Me: Which i5?

Friend: You know, the Intel i5...

Me: BITCH INTEL HAS BEEN MAKING GODDAMN I5 PROCESSORS SINCE 2009. THERE'S OVER ONE HUNDRED F'IN I5 MODELS THEY HAVE MADE! YOU BETTER GET SPECIFIC RIGHT NOW I WILL SMASH THE SHIT OUT OF YOUR COMPUTER AND READ THE MODEL OFF OF THE CPU IHS, THEN SMASH THAT THING ON YOUR HEAD YOU STUPID SHITHEAD!

I

Love

This

hahahahah!

Yeah, but make sure you're actually getting the source image and not googles thumbnail. I used to do that in the dark ages.

Yup I do dat. quality still sucks haha

No specs.

When people use low resolution wallpapers...

That makes my blood boil so bad I almost back handed a person one time when they did that in front of me... I really have a short temper xD

1. no money

2. LGA775

3. "NVIDIA, the way it's meant to be played" splash screens.

4. Dual-core

5. worse performance than an i5-2410M and HD 6630M -cough-nsyedhasan-cough-

6. as a result, iHurt ' brain 24/7

7. parents don't buy me shit (first world problems)

8. no way to earn money since I don't want to get abused in an alley by Kiwiandapple