Your Tech Pet Peeves

xrex64

" you console nerds will never be able to handle the real power of a PC"

I can't stand pc fanboyz

When my cat thinks that my keyboard would make an excellent bed and doesn't move, even going so far as to climb back up on my desk just to lay there again.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

People smashing on their keyboard every time they enter the last keystroke. Nearly everyone computer savvy I've ever came across does this. It doesn't drive me mad but it's kinda irritating.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

You would literately have a heart attack if you saw how many chrome tabs I have open, I always have 45+ no matter what.

I only have one pet peeve and that is people going on your machine without asking you, that really rustles my Jimmies. Even-though I have nothing to hide I don't like people using my stuff with out my permission.

MOUSE ACCELERATION!: I am sorry game(no I'm not) but if I wanted you to move my cursor I would let you take the helm and play for me!

V-Sync: the input lag associated with it and the people who claim there is no input lag.

Framerates below 80: I don't need bloody post processing I want smoothness.

Messy Config files: Battlefield I am looking at you!

Wasted Storage Space: Years with an 80GB HDD taught me to manage HDD space. I cant stand wasted space.

Billions of tabs open on a browser: Unless you are doing a podcast or something where you need to access a lot of sources quickly there is no reason! Close what you aren't using.

Finally people spreading misinformation although unfortunately that is not limited to tech.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

My 23' 1080p monitor has one dead pixel right near the center of the screen.

It's bright blue. REALLY bright blue. It pisses me off to no end when gaming.

I can be a cynical a**hole at times. I apologize if I cause any offence at those time. I also occasionally have issues communicating my point. Extreme introversion + Photographic memory + Some other things.

Desktop: i5-4670k - 8gb 1600MHz - MSI 7850

Laptop: i7-4810QM - GTX 870m - 8gb RAM

I'm the exact opposite. I can't stand a cluttered desktop. I only have Recycle Bin and a shortcut to the folder all my games are in.

I have ONLY the recycling bin on mt desktop, NO icons on the task bar... everything is pinned to start

I HATE ICONS CANNOT STAND THEM

So Windows 8 can't be that big of deals to you?

You would literately have a heart attack if you saw how many chrome tabs I have open, I always have 45+ no matter what.

I only have one pet peeve and that is people going on your machine without asking you, that really rustles my Jimmies. Even-though I have nothing to hide I don't like people using my stuff with out my permission.

Hah.. I solved my tab problems...

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

NEW GAMING RIG, 500GB HARD DRIVE AND A i7. Mean while the card is a 240 or some crap.

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

I'd say tearing, but if I did it would mean I hate my sex life...             Yep went there..

So I'll say dusty set-up, dust on the monitor, desk, the pc and so on. Dust everywhere can't stand it.. (not even from a dust kills your pc stand-point)

Yarrrr, ye be warned lily-livered scallywags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLMJpHihykI#t=93

1) I can't stand the iPhone videos where the user holds the phone upright. It makes no sense. Who's TV/monitor is shaped like that? ...well hold up, I guess if your monitor orientation can be rotated...but no...they weren't thinking about that as they were recording.

I need to point out here that it's not only iPhone users, but smartphone users in general.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I need to point out here that it's not only iPhone users, but smartphone users in general.

APPLE SUPPORTER!!! STONE HIM!

† TTCF Member †

APPLE SUPPORTER!!! STONE HIM!

Trust me, I am not afraid to say that I like Apple.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

When a network switch at work has no Ethernet colour structure! EVERYTHING MUST BE COLOUR CODED! YELLOW FOR COMPUTERS, BLUE FOR OTHER DEVICES AND GREEN FOR CONNECTION INTO FLOOR BOX!!!

I'm not mad, am I?

You can tell when it's a really thin aspect video. I never understood that resolution. All the Samsung phones I've had, the vertical orientation of photos or videos was much wider. Still though, I agree, no video from any phone should be recorded upright. It should auto orient. If you hold it upright, your preview should have the black bars on top and bottom.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

MOUSE ACCELERATION!: I am sorry game(no I'm not) but if I wanted you to move my cursor I would let you take the helm and play for me!

V-Sync: the input lag associated with it and the people who claim there is no input lag.

Framerates below 80: I don't need bloody post processing I want smoothness.

Messy Config files: Battlefield I am looking at you!

Wasted Storage Space: Years with an 80GB HDD taught me to manage HDD space. I cant stand wasted space.

Billions of tabs open on a browser: Unless you are doing a podcast or something where you need to access a lot of sources quickly there is no reason! Close what you aren't using.

Finally people spreading misinformation although unfortunately that is not limited to tech.

Well, it's tearing or v-sync

† TTCF Member †

Well, it's tearing or v-sync

Tearing any day of the week.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

People that think they know everything about computers and they know next to nothing..... 

i7-4770k | Asus Maximus VI Hero | Corsair H100i | 1080ti  | G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400Mhz | Samsung EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair RM1000i | Fractal Design Define R4 | LG 27GL83A

Having ANYTHING on the desktop (taskbar minimised and show icons off id how it should be)

Stupid mice, car mice, mini mice, terribad microsoft mice, really low dpi mice, really high dpi mice.

People launching non-steam games through steam, or any game that can work without steam for that matter.

Cluttered desks.

People connecting monitors, keyboards, and mice to a laptop and using it as a desktop. When they never take it anywhere.

Those keyboards that have laptop style keys on them, maye of mine bought the razer one, cost him 90 bucks, he says they are better than mechanical keys...

People who dont know about somethimng and assume its bad. Another mate of mine hadnt read any reviews/seen benchmarks of the titan when it came out. "It cant be faster tham a 680 nothing is faster than a 680"

Shortcuts on the desktop in general and people saying 'rams'.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

montana%2BramsBighorn%2BsheepJack%2BKoon

You know what I meant...

63cc5817eb2320b4247f8894b6601cec.png

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.