Your Tech Pet Peeves

xrex64

Do you care for your legs?

Come at me brah, you'll never get me from behind all this clutter on my desk.

People who ask for the password for an FB account and then log in and pretend they hacked it. Idiots.

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Come at me brah, you'll never get me from behind all this clutter on my desk.

Clear those desktop icons or i'm going to crack out jokes about your mother. I joke please don't hurt me.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Clear those desktop icons or i'm going to crack out jokes about your mother. I joke please don't hurt me.

Did this just for you, bro.

gallery_69309_1552_547344.jpg

Did this just for you, bro.

*Tears up* It's so beautiful. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

When a BestBuy employee suggests a $10 mouse and says "yeah man I play like Portal and CoD with this mouse."

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Nothing is designed for hoofs! :C

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

When a BestBuy employee suggests a $10 mouse and says "yeah man I play like Portal and CoD with this mouse."

CoD doesn't deserve that mouse. 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

1: When people don't use keyboard shortcuts.

2: When people don't open links in new tabs when they are trying to find something

3: Shortcuts on desktops

4: Cluttered desktops in general, honestly, just make an "Everything" folder. 

5: When I see unnecessary running tasks. 

6: When someone acts like they know tech and they look really stupid explaining something about it completely wrong. 

7: Fanboys.......sorry

8: Tech support from India

9: Constant low storage space warnings. 

10: Default wallpapers

11: Watching someone move at grandma speed when doing tasks on a computer. 

This could go on if I thought more. 

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

11: Watching someone move at grandma speed when doing tasks on a computer. 

And you want to scream and overclock their hand? Happens too much for me. 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

Nothing is designed for hoofs! :C

Finally, someone who understands!

I don't overclock... I OGREclock.
Shrek is love. Shrek is life.

Also, when my Logitech G930 decides that it's not going to warn me that its battery is below 9% power and it ends up not only cutting off audio, and making a HORRENDOUS buzzing noise.

I don't overclock... I OGREclock.
Shrek is love. Shrek is life.

Dirty desk and peripherals. 

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

When my mouse doesn't go in the proper direction because of my terrible mousepad. It just hurts when I'm playing quake and I'm trying to take a quick shot with the railgun and the mouse plain STOPS 2 mm on the side of the target and makes me miss.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Who actually said that? I've NEVER heard anyone say something like this. Never even read anything like it in the 15+ years that I've been visiting various gaming forums. Seems like one of those urban legends to me.

In fact, to me it seems as if console gamers in general are much more friendly towards the PC gaming scene and not as hostile as many PC guys seem to be towards those who chose to play their games on consoles mainly. Personal experience, which is why I really don't get the hate. I mean ... 15+ years and I remember the days when Doom3 launched on PC and everyone was excited about it. Including myself.

This. But I don't agree with the rest you said.

I have friends with consoles who agree PC gaming is cheaper and have better quality in terms of graphics and framerate but they want to stick to console gaming, I'm perfectly fine with that.

Oh and co-op PC gaming is dead and that's a big market PC gaming is losing there.

Consoles > PC if co-op.

Everything else = PCMasterrace obviously.

people that ask if there computer can run a game on these specs e.g. can my computer run call of duty black ops and minecraft here's my specs i7 4960X 2x R9 290x2's... also people that build a good computer and cheap out on the PSU and dont buy a SSD 

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

1. Fingerprints

2. Windows Classic - just looks so ugly

3. Folders on an iPhone - again, I think it looks ugly

4. People who don't use short cuts

5. People who say that they just bought an epic gaming machine and they spent hundreds of pounds on it and can't tell me the specs.

6. People who think consoles are better and more powerful than PCs

7. Ugly tech. Cases in particular 

8. Typing on a laptop and you accidently touch the trackpad and it just messes everything up (I've disabled mine and use a mouse)

• 4 months later...

This can be genre-specific, or personal experience.

I'll start:

• I really dislike my monitors for their stand-by blinking LEDs. I can see them at night when I'm trying to sleep and it's annoying.
  • The power and HDD LEDs on my case are also really annoying and I had to disconnect them from the mobo.
  • What's the deal with power supply carrying cases? You don't take your PSU out shopping every so often.
  • Why can't I find a phone with good battery life anymore? I'd happily sacrifice weight, thickness, a huge display and some processing power for something that I don't have to tether to the wall every night.

Rule with your heart,

And live with your conscience.

Blinking led's for monitors. It makes me want to stab myself sometimes at night.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

The fact that the R9 290(X) doesn't have any DVI-I outs.

Old system: Pentium 4 521 | Dell 0JC474 | 1.5 GB DDR2 533 MHz | 8 MB (yes, you read that right) integrated graphics | Hitachi Deskstar 80 GB | Generic Dell 230 watt PSU and case

Why intel purposely locks their non k cpus

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro.