Your Tech Pet Peeves

xrex64

IPS glow and

dead pixels and all the companies act like its not a big deal selling a defect pixel on a brand new monitor and not covering it under warranty makes me feel sick.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

Having alot of icons on the desktop... My desktop only has one folder called "Everything" for everything

I just have one column on the left side of my desktop but anymore than that an I want to punch throw my monitor.

(sneezes) "Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit"

When someone keeps poking my screen with their filthy fingers!

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

When people have a ten year old computer that has barely a gigabyte of RAM and complain that it's slow. Then when you try to get then to upgrade they say that they are fine with it being slow and want to get their money's worth out of it.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

Bad Cable Management.

When people don't know the difference between byte and bit.

Happens a lot with internet speeds. 75Mbps internet speed ≠ 75MBps download speeds.  Though, good play on ISPs.

When people rationalize not upgrading by saying they'll wait for the next improvement.

odds are when that improvement comes out another is right around the corner. You'll be waiting forever.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

When people rationalize not upgrading by saying they'll wait for the next improvement.

odds are when that improvement comes out another is right around the corner. You'll be waiting forever.

I can understand that actually. It's not always the best time to upgrade.

I can understand that actually. It's not always the best time to upgrade.

Yes, you are correct.  It isnt always the best time.   But never upgrading due to the fact that something new is coming in a year or so.. 

I guess what I'm saying is, unless the timeframe for "something new" is reasonably close, upgrading to current-gen is probably better than waiting forever.  In the time it takes for the next huge thing you could probably go current gen and still save up for the next big ol dandy

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Cable management, scratches on anything tech, and cluttered desktops and desks ;)

Having AA on, nty

30 FPS of course

NO ICONS ON DESKTOP

Can't have skype open (when not in use because its connected to my facebook and it annoys the shit outta me from the messaging)

Firefox with no bookmark bar or menu bar

Must have Teamviewer running

Must have some sort of media playing

Project Restomod (In progress)

VGA and DVI plug screws

CPU: i7 4770K 4.2Ghz, Mobo: Asrock Fatal1ty Z97x Killer, GFX: EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC ACX (x2 SLI), RAM: G.Skill 1600Mhz CAS 9 16GB, DSK Intel 530 120GB OS, Crucial M500 120GB, WD 1TB Blue, WD 1TB Green, PSU: Corsair AX1200i, Case: Obsidian 750D. 

SERVER HP ProLiant Microserver N54L, FreeNAS: ZFS, 8TB (4x 2TB WD Red), RAID Z2, 16GB ECC RAM, 1Gb/s Link Aggregated:  Running as NAS, Plex, & ownCloud

People using VGA

tech/network companies that do lawsuits for there own greed

but most of all is confetti. the horror...

Cases with no cable management holes. 

People using PS/2 keyboards and mice. It's outdated by so much.

Low-end GPUs with crazy amounts of VRAM to persuade n00bs to buy them.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

I have so many it unreasonable to list them all.

I have so many it unreasonable to list them all.

Top 5?

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

recently Linus has been annoying me in his videos constantly refreshing his phone while recording. I know why he does it as he most likely either has notes or a stopwatch running be still... 

would It be that hard to have a monitor/TV setup with what running on it. I mean the guy has a house full of gear.

Top 5?

I don't know if these are my top 5 but they have to be up there.

1. Non temporary files on the desktop

2. File extensions not enabled

3. Little to no cable management

4. Tell me its too hard or you can't do it without even really trying

5. Setting your resolution lower so everything is bigger on screen. Ex native 1600x1200 at 1280x1024 or even worse 1280x1024 at 1024x768.

Morons that use tablets to take b$#@dy photos and videos at outdoor venues shows blocking all those behind. I'll use then as target practice and in the past have had people hand me the stones.

Flame wars over tech brands. I'm pretty sure something like this has been iterated exponentially but it got to be that way because more and more people kept saying so. 

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

Bad console ports.

People saying playing games are a waste of time, while they watch tv half the time.

Dust.

When for some reason you cant instal OS on SSD, and then when it does works it fuckes up the HDD :S

Let's agree to disagree

Generic mice and keyboards.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!