CEO of Polish division of Huawei arrested - espionage charges

Court decided to arrest CEO of Huawei in Poland and former officer of ABW (  polish NSA) for spying and cooperation with foreign intelligence agency from China. ABW says that evidence are rock solid and the court agreed to arrest him for 3 months and open formal investigation. Huawei is doing pretty well and has big market share so they might end up loosing a lot of revenue due to public debate about national safety and chinese influence...

sources :

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/huawei-executive-arrested-poland-working-13841130

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/11/poland-arrests-huawei-employee-over-spying-allegations.html

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy/article/2181707/chinese-huawei-employee-polish-national-arrested-spying-charge

HOW MANY FREAKIN PEOPLE HAVE BEEN ARRESTED FROM HUAWEI NOW?

It's just getting closer and closer if huawei is some kind of fraud, or a protection against chinese phones

Maybe this should be merged with the news topic...? @Morgan MLGman

Or is it a repost and the guy you're calling CEO is the general sales director?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

it might be chinese goverment company setup to spy on customers, I wouldn't be suprised, same thing that was with supermicro boards

Just now, Sauron said:

Maybe this should be merged with the news topic...? @Morgan MLGman

Or is it a repost and the guy you're calling CEO is the general sales director?

polish headlines say ceo, english ones say employee, we should wait for official statement.

I'm really questioning my safety with owning a huawei phone as my main phone. I had a lot of issues with those stupid ass BLU phones, they flat out had spyware installed on the my and other buyer's phones. 

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

6 minutes ago, mxk. said:

I'm really questioning my safety with owning a huawei phone as my main phone. I had a lot of issues with those stupid ass BLU phones, they flat out had spyware installed on the my and other buyer's phones. 

I actually upgraded from one to a Xiaomi... not sure if that helps

I would really want to see what's actually the problem with huawei

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

We haven't really heard much about Xiaomi, so it's probably safe? I don't know, China makes me really uneasy. This is the same country that started making islands so they could claim more ocean space. Xi Jiping is crazy dude.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

1 minute ago, mxk. said:

We haven't really heard much about Xiaomi, so it's probably safe? I don't know, China makes me really uneasy. This is the same country that started making islands so they could claim more ocean space. Xi Jiping is crazy dude.

and so did the Netherlands technicly... I don't even know these days, no company seems to be safe anymore

I have Huawei and I'm happy. If Chinese government want to know what I'm doing on my phone, then I feel so important. :)

19 hours ago, mxk. said:

same. thought it would be good to have a fast android phone a few years back but the thing has been crap since 2 weeks after i had it and had loads of problems.wont be buying one again. samsung or iphone for me

If you're worried about your Huawei, just flash a custom ROM and call it a day

🙂

3 hours ago, duncannah said:

If you're worried about your Huawei, just flash a custom ROM and call it a day

You can't anymore. The bootloaders are all officially locked.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

6 hours ago, Thejamie408 said:

same. thought it would be good to have a fast android phone a few years back but the thing has been crap since 2 weeks after i had it and had loads of problems.wont be buying one again. samsung or iphone for me

I've personally never been a big fan of Samsung, I don't really like the layout of the OS they use.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

On 1/11/2019 at 3:47 PM, mxk. said:

I don't think your personal safety is at risk unless you live in China or are a chinese human right activist hiding overseas. But you are right to be concerned about it. The thing is, this is not limited to China. I would not be surprised that the NSA is pulling the same stunts.

A lot of governments are making a push against end to end encryption.

On 1/11/2019 at 7:42 AM, LukeSavenije said:

huawei

They are just an arm of the Chinese government.

Interesting. I'm a news junkie but my satellite receiver messed up a few days ago so I haven't really watched anything so I guess I missed it.

Anyway, I've heard a few different people on news shows warn that Americans shouldn't use Huawei products due to spying concerns. I've always brushed that concern off because I figured any spying software or code would quickly be discovered by the rom community. So frankly, I think I would buy a Huawei phone (if one appealed to me enough) and not be too concerned. Maybe this is a false sense of security I have.

All I know is I'm not giving up my Huawei Watch 2. I absolutely love this thing.

Isn't Globalization awsome?  /s

China is not the only country we advise executives and high risk users to be cautious when interacting with them (requiring burner local phones/devices, never travel with corporate data etc).  Many countries have expllicit lists of entities you are not permitted to do business with period or carry quite strong trade requirements.  Internally India was added to our list due to their attack on encryption.

I wish more NA companies cared more about industrial epsionage and less PC bullshit.  It's unfortunate but cheating and stealing is burned into their culture.   They certainly care less about us as we do them. 

There are many companies that should fall under the same scrutiny as Huawei.    Problem now becomes how to distance their farse of one arm being state run while the other is not.   You don't really need to look much futher in Canada then where the money flows from in BC and Ontario.

Our government is so messed up, they couldn't tie their own shoe laces if their eyes were closed. I believe Huawei and their public image has taken a nose dive, no one would want to buy their products knowing its Chinese and spying and all the jazz.

On 1/11/2019 at 8:24 PM, LukeSavenije said:

Thread 1 

Thread 2 

Imgur album

https://imgur.com/gallery/MC6lg7L

if it's not clear, DO NOT BUY Huawei phones. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

28 minutes ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

if it's not clear, DO NOT BUY Huawei phones

so is this the only problem yet or the only problem?

18 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

so is this the only problem yet or the only problem?

define "this is the only" 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

1 minute ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

define "this is the only" 

are there any other (possible) problems found? i had a huawei before and never used that browser, i used Chrome

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

are there any other (possible) problems found? i had a huawei before and never used that browser, i used Chrome

there's a bunch more that were revealed the October, just surf through web, you'll find more of em

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

THing is it's not just phones.  TBH the bigger concern is not phones but on their telcom side which Bell at least has a massive investment in as part of GPON / fiber.  On the CPE side only newer Homehubs have a built in ONT otherwise you have another white box from Huawei.   I'd imagine they aren't the only ones either.