Would my 750W 80+ Bronze Power Supply handle this pc?

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
1 hour ago, Deniz Aycicek said:

For now, I'll be looking for CL30's and AMD EXPO ones right?

All I'd really care about is 6000 CL30 or CL32, EXPO doesn't really matter that much. If two kits are the same price, sure go for the EXPO version, but the only real difference between the EXPO and XMP kits is the labeling, practically they're identical. EXPO works on Intel just fine, and XMP works on AMD just fine. 

I am open for different brand recommendations too

For the brand, it really doesn't matter. Get whatever is cheap. 

For reference, a RAM stick is just the combination of 5 different parts: the memory IC, the PCB, the SPD, the PMIC, and the heat spreader.

The memory IC is the main factor that determines compatibility, but since there's only 3 different manufacturers of these for DDR5 (SK Hynix, Micron, and Samsung), any memory manufacturer you will find should just one of thse. This is also why I say that CL36-44-44 kit will probably have issues, it uses a relatively new Micron IC that only Corsair uses, so very little effort is made by any of the motherboard manufacturers to optimize for it. The 6000 CL30 kits on the other hand are guaranteed to use SK Hynix memory, and because SK Hynix memory tends to perform better and has been out for quite a while, it has the most BIOS optimization and therefore the best compatibility.

The PCB is the next most important part, though most memory manufacturers just use the same generic PCB (it's mainly just Corsair and G.Skill who make their own PCBs), so this isn't really that big a concern either. TeamGroup, Adata, Silicon Power, etc. tend to just use the same PCBs, so practically they all produce the same memory kits. 

The SPD is just the part of the memory stick that holds the XMP/EXPO profile information, it doesn't actually affect anything about the memory stick compatibility. 

The PMIC is the power delivery circuitry on the memory stick, and while is does somewhat impact compatibility as different motherboards support different PMICs, most memory sticks nowadays just use the same Richtek controller and therefore its not really that big a deal. 

The heat spreader is more for looks than anything, and is usually the biggest difference between any two memory stick with the same rating (I.E. 6000 CL30). 

20 minutes ago, Deniz Aycicek said:

Would this ram be good with the system I sent?
Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MHz CL30 AMD EXPO DDR5 Ram (CMH32GX5M2B6000Z30K)

Yeah, that kit would work just fine. I'd just look around a bit though, as you're likely to be able to find a similar kit for a bit cheaper from someone other than Corsair. 

I'm upgrading:
CPU from i5-11600k to Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard from Asus Prime B560M-K Micro ATX to Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite (I couldn't find Gigabyte B650 in my country)
Ram from 2x8 3200mhz Corsair to 2x16 6000mhz Corsair.
and I'm adding a Kingston KC3000 SSD
(I'm asking this because I don't know the PSU's brand and it just says 750W 80+ Bronze and I guess it probably came with the case because of the sale idk. Since I don't know which brand it is, I can't really check if it's good or not and I had a friend whose PSU burned so I just want to know if it would be safe. I'm using my PC a lot.)
Thanks for any help and sorry I know I'm kinda dumb because why not just open the case and check but I don't know this stuff and I'm scared I just want to know if 750W would be safe or should I get something higher.

Screenshot_1.png.08593aa0a373d5024ace8061fa7425c2.png

5 minutes ago, Deniz Aycicek said:

2x16 6000mhz Corsair.

Check to see if you can get a CL30 kit, or at minimum make sure its not the CL36-44-44 version of the 6000 CL36 kit that Corsair sells. The CL36-44-44 version is somewhat known to have compatibility issues with Ryzen while not actually being that much cheaper than better performing and better compatibility kits. 

7 minutes ago, Deniz Aycicek said:

why not just open the case and check but I don't know this stuff and I'm scared

If it would make you feel better, there really isn't any danger to just taking the back panel off to see what the PSU is. Also, you'll need to take the panels off anyway in order to do this upgrade, so you will need to get comfortable taking the panels off anyway if you will want to upgrade the computer. Might as well get comfortable now. 

11 minutes ago, Deniz Aycicek said:

I just want to know if 750W would be safe or should I get something higher.

If it's a good 750W, it'll be fine. If its a bad 750W, it will have issues. Without knowing how good or bad it is, its impossible to say for certain. 

18 minutes ago, Deniz Aycicek said:

(I'm asking this because I don't know the PSU's brand and it just says 750W 80+ Bronze

is there a wattage table or something on it? anything?

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

current PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

1. Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050
  2. Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050
  3. Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

41 minutes ago, Deniz Aycicek said:

I don't know the PSU's brand

Can you take some pictures?

42 minutes ago, Deniz Aycicek said:

probably came with the case

This slants the odds towards the idea that it's a bad 750W, but we can tell if we know the make and model

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

21 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Check to see if you can get a CL30 kit, or at minimum make sure its not the CL36-44-44 version of the 6000 CL36 kit that Corsair sells. The CL36-44-44 version is somewhat known to have compatibility issues with Ryzen while not actually being that much cheaper than better performing and better compatibility kits.

Hi, I've specifically bought CMK32GX5M2E6000C36 and not CMK32GX5M2D6000C36 because it said INTEL XMP on it's label and I just checked again to see If I made a mistake. The box says it's CMK32GX5M2E6000C36 on the back but in the front it says *Intel XMP Ready*. Is this a serious problem like maybe they just do that on their non-rgb vengeance boxes or something...
I didn't know that CL36 thing might be problem but now I have a bigger problem because of this Intel XMP Ready label. Does it matter? I don't think's it's specifically for intel cuz I didn't buy that one and right now I'm not quite sure if they'll take it back.

15 minutes ago, Deniz Aycicek said:

I have a bigger problem because of this Intel XMP Ready label. Does it matter?

No, it doesn't. XMP works on AMD systems just fine, its not something you really need to worry about.

its just that specific kit (the CMK32GX5M2E6000C36) is known for having issues with working on AMD systems as it requires special BIOS optimizations that AMD has not put into the memory training algorithms in the AGESA. The CL36-44-44 kits also have relatively bad performance due to the tRCD being so high, though that doesn't matter all that much on the X3D CPUs. 

21 minutes ago, Deniz Aycicek said:

I don't think's it's specifically for intel cuz I didn't buy that one and right now I'm not quite sure if they'll take it back.

Both kits you listed are specifically labeled as "Intel XMP" so either way you'll be using XMP if those are the two options. The CL36-36-36 kit (the one you specifically avoided) just has a much better chance of actually working while also being a fair bit faster. 

I checked from https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b650e-f-gaming-wifi-model/helpdesk_qvl_memory/ and I guess it won't work.
I'll try to refund mine and I hope I can.
I am open for different brand recommendations too. I just want a nice ram that works with Ryzen 7 7800X3D and is 6000mhz.

1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

No, it doesn't. XMP works on AMD systems just fine, its not something you really need to worry about.

its just that specific kit (the CMK32GX5M2E6000C36) is known for having issues with working on AMD systems as it requires special BIOS optimizations that AMD has not put into the memory training algorithms in the AGESA. The CL36-44-44 kits also have relatively bad performance due to the tRCD being so high, though that doesn't matter all that much on the X3D CPUs. 

Both kits you listed are specifically labeled as "Intel XMP" so either way you'll be using XMP if those are the two options. The CL36-36-36 kit (the one you specifically avoided) just has a much better chance of actually working while also being a fair bit faster. 

Hi, sorry for bothering.
Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MHz CL30 AMD EXPO DDR5 Ram (CMH32GX5M2B6000Z30K)

All I'd really care about is 6000 CL30 or CL32, EXPO doesn't really matter that much. If two kits are the same price, sure go for the EXPO version, but the only real difference between the EXPO and XMP kits is the labeling, practically they're identical. EXPO works on Intel just fine, and XMP works on AMD just fine. 

I am open for different brand recommendations too

For the brand, it really doesn't matter. Get whatever is cheap. 

For reference, a RAM stick is just the combination of 5 different parts: the memory IC, the PCB, the SPD, the PMIC, and the heat spreader.

The memory IC is the main factor that determines compatibility, but since there's only 3 different manufacturers of these for DDR5 (SK Hynix, Micron, and Samsung), any memory manufacturer you will find should just one of thse. This is also why I say that CL36-44-44 kit will probably have issues, it uses a relatively new Micron IC that only Corsair uses, so very little effort is made by any of the motherboard manufacturers to optimize for it. The 6000 CL30 kits on the other hand are guaranteed to use SK Hynix memory, and because SK Hynix memory tends to perform better and has been out for quite a while, it has the most BIOS optimization and therefore the best compatibility.

The PCB is the next most important part, though most memory manufacturers just use the same generic PCB (it's mainly just Corsair and G.Skill who make their own PCBs), so this isn't really that big a concern either. TeamGroup, Adata, Silicon Power, etc. tend to just use the same PCBs, so practically they all produce the same memory kits. 

The SPD is just the part of the memory stick that holds the XMP/EXPO profile information, it doesn't actually affect anything about the memory stick compatibility. 

The PMIC is the power delivery circuitry on the memory stick, and while is does somewhat impact compatibility as different motherboards support different PMICs, most memory sticks nowadays just use the same Richtek controller and therefore its not really that big a deal. 

The heat spreader is more for looks than anything, and is usually the biggest difference between any two memory stick with the same rating (I.E. 6000 CL30). 

20 minutes ago, Deniz Aycicek said:

Yeah, that kit would work just fine. I'd just look around a bit though, as you're likely to be able to find a similar kit for a bit cheaper from someone other than Corsair.