LMG footage stolen for super time ad.

Nardella

Super Time is advertising on Facebook using lmg footage. $70 for a 35 inch curved ultra wide display! 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190104-125452_Facebook.jpg

@nicklmg @GabenJr What can the community do to let you guys know stuff like this is out there?

These fake ads with LMG footage are getting more and more common and we want to help you to fight against this, but i have no clue how :(

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I'm guessing their whole site is a scam? how can they offer a monitor like that for 70 USD

CPU: R5 3600 @ 4.4 GHz

RAM: 16GB DDR4 @ 3200 MHz

GPU: RTX 2080 Super 

1 minute ago, poochyena said:

Its very possible they sold them that footage.

I doubt they would sell their footage to a bunch of scammers.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

10 minutes ago, James7176 said:

I'm guessing their whole site is a scam? how can they offer a monitor like that for 70 USD

Yes it is a scam, they use bait and switch tactics. I've done research before on sites that look like this and it's just this one guy in China scamming people out of their own money.  

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

@Nardella

I've actually reported this as a scam...

https://www.signal-arnaques.com/en/scam/view/143264 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Not sure, but I think you can report that ad to FB as well.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 1/4/2019 at 11:33 AM, PopsicleHustler said:

I doubt they would sell their footage to a bunch of scammers.

Why would they care? So long as the scammers actually pay them for the footage they can use it for whatever they want. And it's more moneys in the pocket of LMG and we all know that's what they're after now-a-day. 

5 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

Why would they care? So long as the scammers actually pay them for the footage they can use it for whatever they want. And it's more moneys in the pocket of LMG and we all know that's what they're after now-a-day. 

Because YouTube alone pays SO well these days and they don't need to support dozens of people or anything, pay rent for the space, find new an inventive ways to keep people coming back, fund new endeavors, etc. YouTube is just a set it and forget it cash cow so everything they do is just for greedy hoarding of cash, right?

Edit:

It would take some pretty messed up morals to willingly sell footage to scammers. People, by the way, who would almost certainly be too cheap to pay for anything, let alone premium usage of footage they can easily steal.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Because YouTube alone pays SO well these days and they don't need to support dozens of people or anything, pay rent for the space, find new an inventive ways to keep people coming back, fund new endeavors, etc. YouTube is just a set it and forget it cash cow -.-

It's funny how LMG needs a huge warehouse, tons of staff, massive $100,000 computers for editors to produce lesser quality content than A. they used to and B. than other tech companies such as J2C, Bitwit, GN, etc. 

Maybe if they focused on producing good content they wouldn't need all that stuff and the clickbait titles. 

3 hours ago, corrado33 said:

It's funny how LMG needs a huge warehouse, tons of staff, massive $100,000 computers for editors to produce lesser quality content than A. they used to and B. than other tech companies such as J2C, Bitwit, GN, etc. 

Maybe if they focused on producing good content they wouldn't need all that stuff and the clickbait titles. 

Are you retarded? LTT production quality is far beyond any of the ones you listed

First Computer: 3440x1440 @75Hz ROG STRIX 1080 Ti Core i5 8600K @ 1.415V @ 5.08 GHz Corsair Spec 02 EVGA CLC 280mm

4 hours ago, corrado33 said:

They do produce good content. The clickbait titles and thumbs are here to stay not because Linus likes them, but because the divine algorithm has chosen them to work. They are the best way to reach new people, so why would they choose not to do that. That would not be in the interest of gaining income.

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

On 1/4/2019 at 11:31 AM, poochyena said:

Its very possible they sold them that footage.

I agree with you there, because after all Linus does make silly facial expressions to get more clicks, and click bait titles to get more clickity cash. So selling his content to other channels is what LTT did.

7 hours ago, CatTNT said:

Are you retarded? LTT production quality is far beyond any of the ones you listed

All of them are generally just a guy talking in front of a camera with a computer beside him..... You really don't need 8k footage for that.... Not to mention that many of LMG's videos often have production issues that are quickly pointed out on the forums...

I'd take truthful and accurate content over production quality any day.

Because.... you know... production quality is what I REALLY want when it comes to a tech channel. 

My favorite videos on this channel are the ones where their server died and he did semi-live debugging where the production quality was near zero. 

59 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

All of them are generally just a guy talking in front of a camera with a computer beside him..... You really don't need 8k footage for that.... Not to mention that many of LMG's videos often have production issues that are quickly pointed out on the forums...

I'd take truthful and accurate content over production quality any day.

Because.... you know... production quality is what I REALLY want when it comes to a tech channel. 

My favorite videos on this channel are the ones where their server died and he did semi-live debugging where the production quality was near zero. 

When you think that they spend ridiculous amounts of money on silly amounts of server hardware...they upload a 10 min video a day, which as most have pointed out, is just Linus talking at the camera and then some B-roll footage of the product. 

I'd argue that HardwareCanucks has better B-roll and they must do it on a percentage of what LMG do.

That being said, looks like a bloody fun place to work. But you could easily argue that for the increased costs they've had over the years...the content has not improved by the same margin. Today's LMG is more of a playground than a content production shop. It feels like they make the videos second to building their own giant mancave.

EDIT: Which is their right to do. If you don't like it...don't watch it I guess.

I see LTT as the Top Gear (and now The Grand Tour) of Tech. They used to be more amateur and fun, now it's big budget and fun, but unlike TG or TGT, they suffer as they have to produce a video a day. Whereas they produce maybe 8-10 high gloss, high value pieces per year, the rest is phoned in to make the quota.

My two cents.

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

16 hours ago, corrado33 said:

I guess you aren't big on morality then. Its actually big deal. LMG is not seen as money-grabbing company willing to do anything for buck. Their content and other style would be vastly different if they were. For example they aren't promoting shady keysites, CSGO gambling atc. where I think they would get very easy money from. They aren't running giveaways to boost channel. They are actually dropping sponsors because of bad experiences from community members. So idea of them knowingly selling footage, or rights to use it, to scammers is just absurd.

They do ads and product overviews for companies, just like esport casters do voice-overs to ads and whatnot. They are media company, thats what they do.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv