What do you think is "your game"?

Arika

The question that gets thrown around a lot is "what is your favorite game" and it's always a really difficult question to answer, especially in this day and age with all the different genres out there. So instead i want to know what game you think of as "your game".  it could be a single game, or even a series. The type of game that if someone was to see it, they would think of you. Doesn't mean you have to be good at it.

I never really thought i had one, but recently I've been playing a lot of Monster Hunter World, and came to the realization that it's a series I've always loved since I bought MH FU on a whim for the PSP back in 2009. I've dumped hundreds of hours into each one i've played, they have the main things that i look for in a fun game. it's a series i feel like i call fall back on at any time if i don't know what to play.

So, what's yours?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Easy, The Witcher 3.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Personal favorite game.... I'd still have to say Q-Bert and Chuck Yeager's Flight Simulator. Still play them to this day. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

forza-horizon-4-6400x3600-e3-2018-xbox-one-pc-games-hd-5k-14376.jpg

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

See the source image

I find it cute when people think the Souls games are difficult.

people who play the souls games and cry that they're difficult only cry about it to gain attention, change my mind

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

36 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

people who play the souls games and cry that they're difficult only cry about it to gain attention, change my mind

when the most exposure people have had to a fantasy action game is elder scrolls, then yeah, dark souls is the most difficult game in the world.

"what do you mean i can't just face tank the common enemies?"

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

Cries in bullet hell

❤️ Ikaruga

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Starcraft, played the series since around 2005/2006 when I was pretty young and watched my dad play before, kind of a family game really. Loved SC, and then was blown away when SC2 came out, still play LOTV today. I'm not very good, just play vs the computer, doesn't really matter. One of those games that never really drop, because its so good. 

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

Starcraft, played the series since around 2005/2006 when I was pretty young and watched my dad play before, kind of a family game really. Loved SC, and then was blown away when SC2 came out, still play LOTV today. I'm not very good, just play vs the computer, doesn't really matter. One of those games that never really drop, because its so good. 

you play in NA? what league?

on topic, strategy. XCOM, C&C, Starcraft, Warcraft are my jam. i played many games of many genres but strategy will always be my favourite

10 minutes ago, RyomaSJibenG said:

you play in NA? what league?

on topic, strategy. XCOM, C&C, Starcraft, Warcraft are my jam. i played many games of many genres but strategy will always be my favourite

Probably bronze idk. I play vs the bots on Elite if that helps.

If I had to pick just one game, then it would still be System Shock 2.

multiplayer competitive games: All that can remember from childhood doing by myself(and not my brother/friends) on gaming was allways playing online with strangers and making a seat , on pc that I could remember : diablo II,Jedy academy , ragnarok online, wow(vanilla early),cs & cs:s .... And I bought a modem for my ps2 to play socom and battlefront online (yeah I was right those games worthed to buy a modem and a headset!)

So for what I remember my game is to be on voice and to compete on any good game :D (nowadays Its sad because gaming grew to the point that any country has its community and no body learns english now playing online like we used to) 

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

Paladins used to be it, now I don't know anymore. Maybe MTGA? Always loved magic

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Pff, I have been thinking about this for quite some time and came to the conclusion I don't have a game that I can call mine.

The closest to that would be Mario Kart Wii, as I would rate it as one of my favorites of all time, but I have not played that online in years at this point.

Otherwise there are Sonic games, mainly Generations, but I just kinda casually play that. Same with Skyrim, played that a ton and modded it quite a bit; but I can't call it my main game.

Then there are Pokemon games, but I have not been playing the latest ones so you lose touch quite quickly. Counting all the others together I have probably played thousands of hours of Pokemon.

EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention; I used to be really into Call of Duty and at one point I could have called that my game.

Just thinking about this stuff makes me envy people that have a game that they can their game.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Probably minecraft tbh

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

Probably minecraft tbh

That is probably a game that was everyone's "my game" at a certain point. For me it was probably around 2012-2014 when I would play Minecraft a LOT

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Image result for snake game

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Burnout 3: Takedown, definitely my game.

Fast paced, violent, fun, quick to just pick up and play a few rounds and can bring hundreds of hours of entertainment, specially in split screen with friends.

1215453216_burnout3takedown.png.c6fbf14ec88098f6ceaefa4f483db5cc.png

Also the original Quake, i know the levels by muscle memory and i trained myself to play it on a trackball just for the sake of it.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

Rainbow Six Siege

D23C2E5A-A81D-471A-8754-DA786990ECDA.png

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧