Amazon robot sprays workers with bear mace, 24 sent to hospital

Syntaxvgm
8 hours ago, MoonSpot said:

I like how your title insinuated that the great battle has begun with Robots taking a giant 24 point lead(with 30 additional assist points pending) from the start; rather than the machine puncturing a can cause its a daffy POS causing all the squishy meatsacks to uncontrollably writhe in agony.

I understand that people want to point the finger at amazon here, but may want to take a moment and consider blaming Stephen Colbert for constantly buying bear repellent instead.

@FPSwithaWacomTablet raises an interesting thought bring up WHIMS.  People do have to be trained to handle chemicals, perhaps there should be some special considerations for when machines handling them as well.

Na, humans have been killing robots for many... many years. We've got a huge point lead here. 

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

I think my fiancee would send me to the hospital if I got a snusnu robot.

Just make the snusnu-bot the fiancée and the fiancée the snusnu-bot? 

Side-note: Siri can properly choose "fiancée", but not "muneca" with properly accented n? Nani? Muneca means doll or wrist in Spanish. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

12 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

this is way better than my pic

Use it then, can't wait for someone to reference "Amazon robot attacks workers" and that image comes up.

4 hours ago, Speed Weed said:

1 robot arm sent 24 people to the hospital. Imagine, a human robot can send how many people to the hospital. 

It would shuffle along slowly until someone gave it a hard shove, spilled water on it, put spray pain over it's cameras or anything similar. A robot on wheels could do serious harm - walking currently is simply hard.

14 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

robot at an Amazon warehouse in New Jersey punctured a bear mace can

Multi-Million dollar lawsuit

That is easy money right there. I hope the employee's are smart enough to realize that.

4 hours ago, corrado33 said:

Oh stop with the chemical fear. No, a can of ANY chemical being explosively ejected into the air does not have the ability to cause serious injury

Bug bombs are completely worthless. Asrenic? Naa thats just media hype, you get a package in the mail with that stuff, you'll be fine!
All those countries that used mustard gas in WWI? They were just being silly it doesn't do anything.

(please tell me you were being sarcastic)

4 hours ago, Sypran said:

Bug bombs are completely worthless. Asrenic? Naa thats just media hype, you get a package in the mail with that stuff, you'll be fine!
All those countries that used mustard gas in WWI? They were just being silly it doesn't do anything.

(please tell me you were being sarcastic)

His point is that the word chemical is heavuly stigmatised, and that there are plenty of benign chemicals as well as plenty of harmful chemicals.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Not how I imagined the robot uprising would start.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

On 12/6/2018 at 11:06 PM, corrado33 said:

Oh stop with the chemical fear. No, a can of ANY chemical being explosively ejected into the air does not have the ability to cause serious injury (unless you're talking about the can itself hitting someone.)

A can of nitrogen? Nope, won't hurt you unless it hits you. A can of oxygen? Nope, no injury there. A can of water? Nope, won't hurt you. Can of mineral oil? Nope, won't hurt you.

Chemicals aren't bad. Stop fear-mongering. 

Signed: A chemist.  

"A chemist"

OMEGALUL. What a fuckin liar. Every single one of those "cans" could hurt you especially if you have an allergy. Whether or not it will is a probability. I can make a can of gas from household chemicals and harm dozens... thousands even in the proper area. fuck outta here with this bullshit.

If you think concentrated bleach exploding into a gaseous form in close contact with humans won't kill a bitch then you're dimmer than my broken lightbulb.