Bethesda refusing to refund Fallout 76 (at least for one person)

Thaldor
6 minutes ago, pas008 said:

I'd like a refund on my movie from theater 6

i seen camera guy in a scene

i didnt like it

wasnt what trailers portrayed

but you still seen it lol

fuck thats what you guys sound like just not on a movie level

and read above

HMMMM

It's a lot easier to get a refund for a movie ticket than it is for a digitally downloaded video game. If something is falsely advertised or doesn't meet basic quality standards, you have a right to a refund, plain and simple - and often you have a right to a refund even if you simply weren't satisfied with a product.

Stop defending megacorporations pulling anti consumer tactics, they aren't your friends.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, pas008 said:

then they should have should have some responsibility on their selves as a consumer to know what you are buying lol

That's why I've never pre-ordered a game lately, unless I have actually tried it beforehand.

I don't like blindly giving companies money for something that is untested and unknown to the general public in a form that isn't a bunch of marketing stunts and promotional videos. We've been burned before with No Man's Sky. How did we get burned yet again for a similar reason...

Pre-ordering relies a lot on trust. Take away that trust and you might as well burn that bridge you've spent decades building.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

4 minutes ago, Sauron said:

HMMMM

It's a lot easier to get a refund for a movie ticket than it is for a digitally downloaded video game. If something is falsely advertised or doesn't meet basic quality standards, you have a right to a refund, plain and simple - and often you have a right to a refund even if you simply weren't satisfied with a product.

Stop defending megacorporations pulling anti consumer tactics, they aren't your friends.

lol not defending them

you have it all wrong i'm saying people are being fucking dumb for buying shit without looking into them or waiting for known issues lol

consumers have rights but they also have a duty to know what they are getting

2 minutes ago, D13H4RD said:

That's why I've never pre-ordered a game lately, unless I have actually tried it beforehand.

I don't like blindly giving companies money for something that is untested and unknown to the general public in a form that isn't a bunch of marketing stunts and promotional videos. We've been burned before with No Man's Sky. How did we get burned yet again for a similar reason...

Pre-ordering relies a lot on trust. Take away that trust and you might as well burn that bridge you've spent decades building.

exactly many been bummed by many games movies music products etc from not doing their homework or jumping the gun on "new"

I've faced some bugs with it.

The worst one for me was I wasn't able to complete a quest because my progress didn't update when it was supposed to and so I couldn't do the next stage.

Restarting the game did fix this for me though.

Other than that there's weird graphical oddities like running animations sometimes not starting when animals start running so they just slide along :P

Annoyingly, Bethesda can get away with this as there isn't currently any law (at least in the UK and Europe) that protects a buyer's right to be refunded because they don't like the product. 

It's entirely Bethesda's decision.

Will this be the game that teaches people to stop preordering? Probably not.

1 hour ago, pas008 said:

you have it all wrong i'm saying people are being fucking dumb for buying shit without looking into them or waiting for known issues lol

consumers have rights but they also have a duty to know what they are getting

You are quick to blame the consumer, when the company releasing these products also has a duty. According to you we should all wait a week or so to get reviews popping up. I don't think it is realistic to expect everyone to wait for the reviews of others. Just because a few people think a game is good doesn't mean I would, it also doesn't mean we share the same views or opinions on various things. Then you have all the reviews that are done on behalf of the company and these are often bias or less critical of things than they should be.

What bothers me the most though is your attitude and how easily you toss insults and someone for buying something. I am sure you have always waited for reviews to determine every purchase you have made?

28 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

You are quick to blame the consumer, when the company releasing these products also has a duty. According to you we should all wait a week or so to get reviews popping up. I don't think it is realistic to expect everyone to wait for the reviews of others. Just because a few people think a game is good doesn't mean I would, it also doesn't mean we share the same views or opinions on various things. Then you have all the reviews that are done on behalf of the company and these are often bias or less critical of things than they should be.

What bothers me the most though is your attitude and how easily you toss insults and someone for buying something. I am sure you have always waited for reviews to determine every purchase you have made?

duty? have you seen how games been releasing for last 2 decades I can name shitloads that needed manual patches way back in the day so this is nothing new at all completely

even on hardware lvl amd,nvidia,intel etc

not everyone, many people know the risk of buying a game/media/product and knowing you may play it few times and then its done

those people are realistic on knowing how things work

insults?

people are fucking dumb if they buy without researching or knowing a companies reputation of how they do things

hence why many of us are here at a reviewers website lol

most of the time I do educate myself on products

yes even food cuz I put that shit into my body

but I also take risks on some too because its fun

what os is your phone using?

what os is your pc using?

what is your hardware?

wait they all had bugs big and small right lol but  you still bought them trusting they would be fixed in a reasonable time

18 minutes ago, pas008 said:

duty? have you seen how games been releasing for last 2 decades I can name shitloads that needed manual patches way back in the day so this is nothing new at all completely

even on hardware lvl amd,nvidia,intel etc

not everyone, many people know the risk of buying a game/media/product and knowing you may play it few times and then its done

those people are realistic on knowing how things work

insults?

people are fucking dumb if they buy without researching or knowing a companies reputation of how they do things

hence why many of us are here at a reviewers website lol

most of the time I do educate myself on products

yes even food cuz I put that shit into my body

but I also take risks on some too because its fun

what os is your phone using?

what os is your pc using?

what is your hardware?

wait they all had bugs big and small right lol but  you still bought them trusting they would be fixed in a reasonable time

Let me be clear on this. I do not currently own this game and frankly don't have time for it.

A quick look on their forums show some pretty unhappy people and the majority all seem to have valid complaints.

Calling people dumb over something like this is incredibly immature and just out right childish.

Now in the USA at least federal law on returns stats that a consumer can return ANY defective item. I would say that major bugs etc could be classified as a defect.

Then you have the state laws. My state for example has the following law on refunds.

A seller must clearly and conspicuously display written notice of its policy in boldface type of a minimum size of 14 points. If a seller fails this requirement, cash refunds are required

Now I just went through the checkout process up until finalizing my payment. I did not see anything telling me that I waived my right to a refund by purchasing digitally. Looking at their EULA it also appears to be about 12 point and the relevant section is not in boldface type.

Lastly, lets not forget this game is online only. So it is VERY easy for them to refund the game and kill your access to it. So being digital or not is not a good argument for this scenario.

That's a REALLY shitty business practice. Which is why you should always buy from Steam or GOG, because THEY protect you with global refund policies on their service which game studios have to accept if they plan on selling there.

Thank god I didn't go with Fallout 76. The mention of "always online" already fired all my alarms back then and I simply stopped caring about it entirely. Watched AngryJoe the other day and wow, it really is crappy game. I know Bethesda games often have bugs, but it's mostly because of actual complexity of things like quests that stuff gets broken. Fallout 76 apparently has neither...

11 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

Let me be clear on this. I do not currently own this game and frankly don't have time for it.

A quick look on their forums show some pretty unhappy people and the majority all seem to have valid complaints.

Calling people dumb over something like this is incredibly immature and just out right childish.

Now in the USA at least federal law on returns stats that a consumer can return ANY defective item. I would say that major bugs etc could be classified as a defect.

Then you have the state laws. My state for example has the following law on refunds.

A seller must clearly and conspicuously display written notice of its policy in boldface type of a minimum size of 14 points. If a seller fails this requirement, cash refunds are required

Now I just went through the checkout process up until finalizing my payment. I did not see anything telling me that I waived my right to a refund by purchasing digitally. Looking at their EULA it also appears to be about 12 point and the relevant section is not in boldface type.

Lastly, lets not forget this game is online only. So it is VERY easy for them to refund the game and kill your access to it. So being digital or not is not a good argument for this scenario.

oh their forums has complaints

you wouldnt say oh wait looky here

anyone ever come to forums not to bitch or for fixes?

I can go all over many gaming forums with issues

like I said this isnt new but bethsadas rep is actually prolly one of the better companies for making all around descent games in time lol

and for refund what are you returning exactly? oh wait for refund you are asking for them to do more services?

1 hour ago, pas008 said:

oh their forums has complaints

you wouldnt say oh wait looky here

anyone ever come to forums not to bitch or for fixes?

I can go all over many gaming forums with issues

like I said this isnt new but bethsadas rep is actually prolly one of the better companies for making all around descent games in time lol

and for refund what are you returning exactly? oh wait for refund you are asking for them to do more services?

I am not returning anything. I am saying that even if they state in their EULA that they do not allow returns on digital items - that doesn't mean it is correct or enforceable. Local law over-rides anything they type up and toss in a EULA or TOS.

Also have you visited the forums for one of the biggest games in the world? Check out the WoW forums if you think that is true. The majority of crying is from a patch taking to long or a nerf to their class... otherwise the majority of posts are neutral or positive.

23 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

I am not returning anything. I am saying that even if they state in their EULA that they do not allow returns on digital items - that doesn't mean it is correct or enforceable. Local law over-rides anything they type up and toss in a EULA or TOS.

Also have you visited the forums for one of the biggest games in the world? Check out the WoW forums if you think that is true. The majority of crying is from a patch taking to long or a nerf to their class... otherwise the majority of posts are neutral or positive.

lol for starters look at this forum everyone bitches intel this amd that nvidia hit me with baseball bat

everytime news is posted comments are to shit on it over and over

if you arent returning anything what do you want a refund for? a service?

lol

a service was provided for you and now you want to get paid to have the service do more like having it removed?

really wow forum example? lol

a game that has many many patches and problems over a decade running good now seriously you comparing that to a new released game

44 minutes ago, pas008 said:

lol for starters look at this forum everyone bitches intel this amd that nvidia hit me with baseball bat

everytime news is posted comments are to shit on it over and over

if you arent returning anything what do you want a refund for? a service?

lol

a service was provided for you and now you want to get paid to have the service do more like having it removed?

really wow forum example? lol

a game that has many many patches and problems over a decade running good now seriously you comparing that to a new released game

First off I came here to chime in and offer input and advice. I am merely giving facts and have already said I do not own the game.

Also I would have to disagree with your assessment. Some people tend to be negative, but overall I think the general atmosphere here is positive.

All I have seen from you is insults and gloating over the misfortune of others, both of which are not good traits to have. So if you want to see the people that "shit on it over and over" all you need to do is walk to the closest mirror.

I cant remember which Alpha it was, but I stopped buying games until after release because of the amount of BS associated with releases anymore.  My "beta" test is my gaming group...they still pre-buy everything....and if they are still playing it in 2 weeks it means its a good game so I buy it lol.

All I hear in Discord every night they play Fallout 76 "Man this game is addicting, surprisingly so for how buggy it is" - what I hear is "We are really desperate for a game we like and is worth playing" since there aren't many titles around like that anymore.

I ALMOST got Fallout 76 during the sale last weekend...and thought...naw Ill just be pissed in a week.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

7 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

First off I came here to chime in and offer input and advice. I am merely giving facts and have already said I do not own the game.

Also I would have to disagree with your assessment. Some people tend to be negative, but overall I think the general atmosphere here is positive.

All I have seen from you is insults and gloating over the misfortune of others, both of which are not good traits to have. So if you want to see the people that "shit on it over and over" all you need to do is walk to the closest mirror.

lol

insults ? dumb consumers dumb people insults ?

that is known almost general consensus

plz share where my insults are

9 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

I cant remember which Alpha it was, but I stopped buying games until after release because of the amount of BS associated with releases anymore.  My "beta" test is my gaming group...they still pre-buy everything....and if they are still playing it in 2 weeks it means its a good game so I buy it lol.

All I hear in Discord every night they play Fallout 76 "Man this game is addicting, surprisingly so for how buggy it is" - what I hear is "We are really desperate for a game we like and is worth playing" since there aren't many titles around like that anymore.

I ALMOST got Fallout 76 during the sale last weekend...and thought...naw Ill just be pissed in a week.

i did end up getting it myself after my son and majority of my real life, discord, other forums, eso guilds are always on this instead

i havent played yet though busy with holiday fundraiser stuff atm

prolly get to play after saturday

I was able to get it for under 30

I preordered Fallout 76 about a month before release. I had played it for about 15 hours but then decided to refund it. They actually refunded it to my surprise so I guess I got really lucky :)

Corsair iCUE 4000X RGB

ASUS ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING

Ryzen 5900X

Corsair Hydro H150i Pro 360mm AIO

Ballistix 32GB (4x8GB) 3600MHz CL16 RGB

Samsung 980 PRO 1TB

Samsung 970 EVO 1TB

Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti GAMING OC

Corsair RM850X

Predator XB273UGS QHD IPS 165 Hz

iPhone 13 Pro 128GB Graphite

On 11/28/2018 at 6:16 PM, AngryBeaver said:

He's not wrong though. I got alarms firing up when they started with "always online" thing. That shit never worked anywhere. Given Bethesda has problems making games functional at local level, expanding them beyond that just feels idiotic.

On 11/29/2018 at 4:58 AM, AngryBeaver said:

Yeah this is a scummy move from Bethesda. They're saying, if the key has been redeemed, which must occur on first download for the Bethesda client, they 'generally' won't grant you a refund. So what they're really saying is: "If you try the game, and we can't now resell that key because it's tied to your account, then we won't grant you a refund."

The whole point of a refund is that the seller is supposed to take a loss on that item, but they earn the buyers respect and build a good rapport with their community. They look after their customers. And in a case like Fallout 76, Bethesda deserve to take a loss on potential refunds because consumers have good reason to be upset and want their money back.

Let me preface this by saying, there should be an hourly limit, you shouldn't be able to play 20 hours and still ask for a refund, obviously. Steam has a 2 hour refund policy, if Bethesda implemented this people would be less upset, but obviously they won't because they clearly knew the backlash they were going to receive from 76 and tried to handcuff their consumers as much as possible and keep their margins high.

On 11/26/2018 at 6:07 PM, ARikozuM said:

I wish I had a trillion dollars. I'd live off ramen and litigations with every corporation. 

Trump does that!

On 11/28/2018 at 3:45 PM, pas008 said:

no its media plain and simple

and many trailers are shown scenes later to be cut

but its like any other media

after watching it or listening to it you want a refund? seriously  you should know better if you dont want to chance it then wait simple as that

I have been refunded at the cinema a lot of times, specially back in the -80.  Would you not demand a refund if the picture or sound quality are poor?

Also a lot of comments in this thread about refund are thinking about US law only.  I know for a fact that some have successfully refunded Fallout 76 after quoting their local laws to Bethesda support.