Bethesda refusing to refund Fallout 76 (at least for one person)

Thaldor

i dont get why someone goes viral for complaining that they did not get their money back when they bought the game.. probably should have waited for the reviews

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

1 minute ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

i dont get why someone goes viral for complaining that they did not get their money back when they bought the game.. probably should have waited for the reviews

You can return items that don't work out within a time-frame; digital items shouldn't differ in any regard. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

3 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

You can return items that don't work out within a time-frame; digital items shouldn't differ in any regard. 

but i dont see why they should have to.. peole could just rip it, return it, and keep the ripped copy

7 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

but i dont see why they should have to.. peole could just rip it, return it, and keep the ripped copy

Like ripping console versions of the game? I wasn't aware piracy like that was still prevalent?

Anyway, piracy isn't really allowed to be discussed here anyway.

5 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

Like ripping console versions of the game? I wasn't aware piracy like that was still prevalent?

Anyway, piracy isn't really allowed to be discussed here anyway.

i just dont see why it is such a big deal.. he bought the game.. not their fault he was impatient

99BB2FF3-DFE3-458B-8066-271479D22AD1.jpeg

4 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

One wrong doesn't make the other wrong any less meaningful. They DRM it to your account. They can check if your key has been returned and revoked. If they don't want to, that's on them, but consumers should have that right. Especially since voting with the wallet is a big reason. Not buying is a good idea, returning for failures is a better idea. If they want to hype a game that releases this terribly, let them bite the return cost. It's part of consumerism. If we're paying for a product, we're paying for a good product. Would you buy a computer with top-end hardware that is crippled for the majority of its release? I wouldn't.

I'll buy the game and decide if it's worth keeping. If it isn't at this moment, I'll return it now and buy it when it's complete. And these bugs are nowhere near as bad as those in Skyrim and Oblivion.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 

2 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

One wrong doesn't make the other wrong any less meaningful. They DRM it to your account. They can check if your key has been returned and revoked. If they don't want to, that's on them, but consumers should have that right. Especially since voting with the wallet is a big reason. Not buying is a good idea, returning for failures is a better idea. If they want to hype a game that releases this terribly, let them bite the return cost. It's part of consumerism. If we're paying for a product, we're paying for a good product. Would you buy a computer with top-end hardware that is crippled for the majority of its release? I wouldn't.

I'll buy the game and decide if it's worth keeping. If it isn't at this moment, I'll return it now and buy it when it's complete. And these bugs are nowhere near as bad as those in Skyrim and Oblivion.

people who steal games online dont give af about licenses they work around it

all i am saying is they do not have to refund it. it is their company and he gave them money.. maybe next time he will wait until people like IGN review it

Just now, iLostMyXbox21 said:

all i am saying is they do not have to refund it. it is their company and he gave them money.. maybe next time he will wait until people like IGN review it

Okay, so if you're paying for a service, you aren't entitled to a refund or repair if work isn't properly undertaken? Got it!

Futurama Fry Meme - Imgflip

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

Just now, ARikozuM said:

Okay, so if you're paying for a service, you aren't entitled to a refund or repair if work isn't properly undertaken? Got it!

Futurama Fry Meme - Imgflip

i mean.. bethesda does not have a good track record of having few bugs on release... i do not see how the guy didnt see this coming

6 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

i just dont see why it is such a big deal.. he bought the game.. not their fault he was impatient

99BB2FF3-DFE3-458B-8066-271479D22AD1.jpeg

Oh my mistake, thanks for the clarification.

Has it been confirmed that was the game he was returning? The video emerged around the same time when the Fallout 76 release woes were going on so I think that's why everyone assumed.

2 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Not even IGN, ACG, AngryJoe, I watch SkillUp and Laymen Gaming, some Aussie reviewers, Jim Sterling. I feel like the late Totalbiscuit would have had a field day with this game...

8 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Maybe so, but this game is online and the server bugs are supposed to be pretty bad at the moment. You can crash a server by launching 3 or more nukes at the same time.

3 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

i mean.. bethesda does not have a good track record of having few bugs on release... i do not see how the guy didnt see this coming

I mean, they're called Bugthesda for a reason.

23 hours ago, Pi31415 said:

They should have told us that before? We didn't know... Like why can any company just make policys out of their ass just to save themselves from a fuck up... They basically hyped up a shitty game so people would pre-order it and then everyone found out that they just made a game with a lot of cut corners, and now they wont refund because if they do their company would be dead.

Actually they can make up whatever policy they want, but it doesn't mean it will stand up in court. It also doesn't mean I don't have other ways of getting my money back. Once again people need to hit up their facebook, twitter, forums, etc.

There comes a point where you can either eat the refund cost or eat the cost of lost future sales from a handful of unhappy but vocal customers. If you think that a single person that knows how and where to target their bad experience can't cost them customers then you have a lot of learn in this world. 

On 11/27/2018 at 10:45 AM, Thaldor said:

So, if you paid for the digital copy and installed it, you have lost your right for a refund. This is pretty normal with digital codes and they are still in the grey area of consumer rights laws and will probably stay there until someone takes some company to a court to test wether or not you can return used digital codes (At least Valve was careful when some EU countries reviewed their consumer protection laws to digital era that Steam started to offer refunds without questions if game was owned less than 2 weeks and played less than 2 hours and if you have a good reason those are very flexible limits, ie. you can return games that you have played a lot more than 2 hours like NMS).

ACCC would like a word with you.

You can refund it, just because an EULA says you waived your rights doesn't actually mean to forfeited your rights in AUS. Still able to claim the refund. In this instance Besthda would need to prove that the state of the engine (i.e. that it was still a buggy pos) was clearly communicated to the consumer. Which it wasn't, therefore it'd be very easy to argue that the product is not fit for purpose and your' entitled to a refund. There are other remedies available, but your the one that gets to decide if these are considered to be major defects.

I don't know why people are bitching 

Many people i know love this game

My kiddo has played easily 40 hours 

They all say its no difference then any other newer game out there on xbox or pc

And on the topic of refund?

Seriously people bitching about this on digital copy 

Yay keep it up maybe we can return digital movies too then we can have major price increases for all entertainment to offset losses 

24 minutes ago, pas008 said:

I don't know why people are bitching 

Many people i know love this game

My kiddo has played easily 40 hours 

They all say its no difference then any other newer game out there on xbox or pc

You can love a game that's universally panned. That doesn't mean the game is good in an objective sense. 

The fact of the matter is that the game just did not live up. Many had issues that made it difficult to enjoy the game and many of the features were either not well implemented or not yet placed in until a later date. 

I actually know a few folks who canceled their pre-orders after playing the beta. I think this is their equivalent of having egg on their faces. 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Imagine if the next elder scrolls still run on the same engine.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

can i return a orange if doesn't taste sweet?

why didn't this people just waited for reviews in the 1st place. I can't be sorry for them.

On 11/26/2018 at 5:45 PM, Thaldor said:

Everybody by now knows how "well" Fallout 76 has been taken and so it's just normal that people are demanding refunds.

I did not know this.
Very interesting, I will be keeping close tabs on this news story.

Thanks for the post!

5 hours ago, ZacoAttaco said:

Totalbiscuit would have had a field day with this game...

Man, I'd dream for that review ?

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

7 hours ago, williamcll said:

Imagine if the next elder scrolls still run on the same engine.

Little did you know...

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

8 hours ago, pas008 said:

Yay keep it up maybe we can return digital movies too then we can have major price increases for all entertainment to offset losses

Movies might fool you with the trailers, but they are still functional and fulfilling their advertised purpose. A movie being bad doesn't mean it didn't do what it advertised. This isn't comparable unless the movie just didn't work at all... which in that case I could return it.

6 hours ago, asus killer said:

can i return a orange if doesn't taste sweet?

Once again, the orange isn't being falsely marketed/advertised. You know when buying an orange that it might not be sweet or might be over or under ripe. Now if the store had a big sign saying "Sweetest orange you will ever taste" and you take a few bites and it isn't, then YES they would still let you return it. Hell a Grocery store will let you return most items unless you have eaten most of it first. You can't eat 90% of something and return it for being disgusting for example.

6 hours ago, asus killer said:

why didn't this people just waited for reviews in the 1st place. I can't be sorry for them.

This is also a crappy attitude to take. Pre-orders and the like are used now to give you early access to the game in the way of beta's and to help the company recoup some of those development costs earlier. If not for this system a lot of games from smaller companies would probably not exist. The problem isn't the pre-orders. the problem is how some companies choose to abuse it and put in EULA's that claim you lose your right to a refund etc. So addressing those companies is the solution and finding a way to make them accountable. Also waiting on reviews isn't always viable and on top of that the best review of any game will always be the one you do yourself. Everyone has different preferences and opinions on what is important or what they like. So just because one person or even a few people love a game doesn't mean I will.

8 hours ago, D13H4RD said:

You can love a game that's universally panned. That doesn't mean the game is good in an objective sense. 

The fact of the matter is that the game just did not live up. Many had issues that made it difficult to enjoy the game and many of the features were either not well implemented or not yet placed in until a later date. 

I actually know a few folks who canceled their pre-orders after playing the beta. I think this is their equivalent of having egg on their faces. 

eso now is complete different game than beta thats like judging a blind date only from what small details someone gives you about them

now days this is how its done actually its been done like this for yrs

fuck diablo2 wasnt all that great when first came out bugs/problems everywhere

21 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

Movies might fool you with the trailers, but they are still functional and fulfilling their advertised purpose. A movie being bad doesn't mean it didn't do what it advertised. This isn't comparable unless the movie just didn't work at all... which in that case I could return it.

Once again, the orange isn't being falsely marketed/advertised. You know when buying an orange that it might not be sweet or might be over or under ripe. Now if the store had a big sign saying "Sweetest orange you will ever taste" and you take a few bites and it isn't, then YES they would still let you return it. Hell a Grocery store will let you return most items unless you have eaten most of it first. You can't eat 90% of something and return it for being disgusting for example.

This is also a crappy attitude to take. Pre-orders and the like are used now to give you early access to the game in the way of beta's and to help the company recoup some of those development costs earlier. If not for this system a lot of games from smaller companies would probably not exist. The problem isn't the pre-orders. the problem is how some companies choose to abuse it and put in EULA's that claim you lose your right to a refund etc. So addressing those companies is the solution and finding a way to make them accountable. Also waiting on reviews isn't always viable and on top of that the best review of any game will always be the one you do yourself. Everyone has different preferences and opinions on what is important or what they like. So just because one person or even a few people love a game doesn't mean I will.

no its media plain and simple

and many trailers are shown scenes later to be cut

but its like any other media

after watching it or listening to it you want a refund? seriously  you should know better if you dont want to chance it then wait simple as that

i'd like a refund on my movie from theater 6

i seen camera guy in a scene

i didnt like it

wasnt what trailers portrayed
camera was bouncing all over

all they did was talk all movie

but you still seen it lol

fuck thats what you guys sound like just not on a movie level

and read above

Part of me things it serves this guy right for preordering or even just buying the game without checking out the reviews.

With that said, this doesn't excuse Bethesda - reviews or not, they shouldn't be selling trash and they shouldn't be denying refunds.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, pas008 said:

eso now is complete different game than beta thats like judging a blind date only from what small details someone gives you about them

now days this is how its done actually its been done like this for yrs

fuck diablo2 wasnt all that great when first came out bugs/problems everywhere

The thing is that you don't buy a product based on what it could potentially be. That's a poor financial decision to make.

You buy a product based on what it can do right now. And for a number of people, FO:76 just isn't in that state. Will it be better over time? I guess so, but I wouldn't give Bethesda my money yet until it's in that type of state.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Just now, D13H4RD said:

The thing is that you don't buy a product based on what it could potentially be. That's a poor financial decision to make.

You buy a product based on what it can do right now. And for a number of people, FO:76 just isn't in that state. Will it be better over time? I guess so, but I wouldn't give Bethesda my money yet until it's in that type of state.

then they should have should have some responsibility on their selves as a consumer to know what you are buying lol

fyi I own the game myself, havent played it yet

but then again I know buying a video game early has its issues like always

been like this for 2 decades now lol