Bethesda refusing to refund Fallout 76 (at least for one person)

Thaldor
1 minute ago, KuJoe said:

Bethesda said it would be a few months but there's no word on whether you can run them on your own hardware or rent them (similar to what Microsoft did with Minecraft). They did say that server owners can adjust the PVP settings so it will open up a lot more options for players who just want PVE or want a more hardcore PVP.

Seems a bit limited but I can picture people making it work: a dedicated Roleplay server will no doubt have a bunch of people that just act as if they were NPCs to serve that role and solve a lot of people's main issues.

The only other big hurdle is also a persistent world but that might be a bridge too far, though there might be some ways to figure that out once (or if) servers are made available.

-------

Current Rig

-------

They should have told us that before? We didn't know... Like why can any company just make policys out of their ass just to save themselves from a fuck up... They basically hyped up a shitty game so people would pre-order it and then everyone found out that they just made a game with a lot of cut corners, and now they wont refund because if they do their company would be dead.

3 minutes ago, Pi31415 said:

They should have told us that before?

Because they dont have to? 

Stop purchasing based on hype. This seems to happen with every hyped up game but people never learn

1 hour ago, corrado33 said:

Question: What's wrong with Fallout 76? All the videos I've seen do occasionally show graphical glitches, but otherwise it just seems like a lackluster game? Bethesda advertised a multiplayer Fallout game, what they gave was an... albeit rushed... Fallout game.

LGR has IMO great video about the Fallout 76.

What image I have gained. Fallout 76 is like those Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel spinoffs, it's a Fallout without The Fallout. Unlike Fallouts it's build to be more player "created" stuff than world rich of stories, quests and NPC to keep them coming. This approach has also made some "stupid" things that are normal in MMOs and other multiplayer games but never in Fallout, like you find a lamp or mug that you want to take to decorate your base, in Fallout 76 that turns into a bag when dropped and if you want something to decorate you need blueprints to craft it. Then there's that skill system, no more skill trees and leveling but "lootbox"-like cards which can be changed at any moment.

Performance issues were expected. Like it would be a suprise that new Bethesda game that uses still the same engine made for Oblivion, that has been heavily "modded" for new releases, wouldn't cause problems, for example, just see the Fallout 4 VR release, didn't go that well. And if anyone thought that Bethesda would put on their man pants and remake the engine at last, they don't have time for that (at least that what it seems like), so get ready to OC and buy a new GPU at least for the release of TES VI. And for the Fallout 76 especially, this time things look real bad, and I mean REAL bad, performance wise. Bethesda hasn't even fixed some bugs living in that engine since Oblivion and they are not that keen to fix things before a re-release and most of the bugs have been fixed by modders (like few mods and Fallout 4 runs butter smooth on minimum specs, few mods more and it even looks better, few extra mods to fix some quest problems and few to add some cut content, then a mod that stops shader cache from overflowing and another for fun because there's already enough needed mods), but not this time at least if Bethesda doesn't release private server pack where people could allow modding.

1 hour ago, KuJoe said:

Oh, your loss. It really is one of the best games I've ever played.

You're like those positive comments on advertising youtube videos that get liked by the author so they stay one top

Just now, RorzNZ said:

You're like those positive comments on advertising youtube videos that get liked by the author so they stay one top

Thanks! I try to be a positive person. ?

-KuJoe

1 hour ago, corrado33 said:

False advertising how?

What... EXACTLY did they advertise that they didn't deliver on?

Ok look, false advertising was a little much. I just hate it when company's release products they know are broken and that they know should be delayed. I mean, I suppose they never advertised a 'functional and finished product' so there's no legal jurisdiction.

1 hour ago, KuJoe said:

Oh, your loss. It really is one of the best games I've ever played. 

I'm genuinely glad to hear it. ?

1 hour ago, KuJoe said:

I'm glad my experience isn't like that, I'd be pissed if my game was that broken.

Are you playing on PC? I've only heard issues on PC so it's good you don't seem to be having issues. Do you know what framerates you're getting? Last I heard they capped it to 63FPS because it was tied to in-game physics.

2 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

Thanks! I try to be a positive person. ?

Yeah sorry dude, I feel bad. I thought you were going to have a jab at me ?

Just now, ZacoAttaco said:

Ok look, false advertising was a little much. I just hate it when company's release products they know are broken and that they know should be delayed. I mean, I suppose they never advertised a 'functional and finished product' so there's no legal jurisdiction.

I'm genuinely glad to hear it. ?

Are you playing on PC? I've only heard issues on PC so it's good you don't seem to be having issues. Do you know what framerates you're getting? Last I heard they capped it to 63FPS because it was tied to in-game physics.

Yes I am playing on PC. I don't know what the FPS is because I don't think the Bethesda client has a built in FPS counter like Steam does. I'd love to check though so if you can recommend a method for me to check I'll give it a try. All I know it's been a smooth experience for me so far.

Just now, ZacoAttaco said:

Yeah sorry dude, I feel bad. I thought you were going to have a jab at me ?

Don't feel bad, it's fine. It does bother me that people who haven't played it are giving it a bad review but we're all entitled to our own opinions so that's more of a "me" problem. :)

-KuJoe

12 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

I mean, this has been a limit with all creation kit engine games (skyrim, fallout 4, fallout 76) because Bethesda stupidly tied the physics update rate to the framerate. It has been fixed... multiple times with mods, I have NO idea why Bethesda doesn't just take one of the mods and use it in their releases.... they work perfectly well. (Says someone who runs skyrim at 100 Hz just fine...)

I mean sure, it sucks to be capped at 60Hz, but you can't really complain when it was very much to be expected. 

4 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

Yes I am playing on PC. I don't know what the FPS is because I don't think the Bethesda client has a built in FPS counter like Steam does. I'd love to check though so if you can recommend a method for me to check I'll give it a try. All I know it's been a smooth experience for me so far. 

I think FRAPS is pretty popular. How is the Bethesda client by the way?

4 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

Don't feel bad, it's fine. It does bother me that people who haven't played it are giving it a bad review but we're all entitled to our own opinions so that's more of a "me" problem. :)

Pretty understandable to be honest. You have a far better grasp of the quality than me.

8 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

I mean, this has been a limit with all creation kit engine games (skyrim, fallout 4, fallout 76) because Bethesda stupidly tied the physics update rate to the framerate. It has been fixed... multiple times with mods, I have NO idea why Bethesda doesn't just take one of the mods and use it in their releases.... they work perfectly well. (Says someone who runs skyrim at 100 Hz just fine...)

I mean sure, it sucks to be capped at 60Hz, but you can't really complain when it was very much to be expected. 

I just read that they removed the FPS cap in the last update and the physics are no longer tied to frame rate. I will test it shortly to see if that's true or not.

2 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

I'll give that a try and see how my GTX 1080 and RX 480 handle it to see if there's an issue with AMD or NVIDIA. The client is... umm... usable. The week they released FO76 they broke the download limit option so you can no longer throttle downloads so I have to use a 3rd party program to limit my download speed when they release patches.

-KuJoe

17 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

This is why Bethesda gets a bad rep from the community, despite making many quality titles.

Generally, they release this expansive and deep title, albeit with some bugs. Then their loyal community volunteers to 'mod' and fix these bugs so everyone can enjoy the title bug-free. But now it seems they rely on their community to patch titles for them and better still, like you said, they don't even take them and release them as an official patch so now the user has to search through the modding community for fixes to bugs that have been in their titles since launch. I had to look up a mod to try and get Skyrim to work border-less window, which is standard in nearly every title.

Apparently 'Elders Scrolls XI' will use this engine...really? Doesn't fill me with hope, it's an old engine now and runs very average on Xbox and PS4. Playable, sure, but they should not rely on this as the engine for the future.

6 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

I'll give that a try and see how my GTX 1080 and RX 480 handle it to see if there's an issue with AMD or NVIDIA. The client is... umm... usable. The week they released FO76 they broke the download limit option so you can no longer throttle downloads so I have to use a 3rd party program to limit my download speed when they release patches. 

Do you mean throttling download speed whilst playing or just so it can do it in the background without using all the bandwidth? It's a shame that it isn't fixed yet. It's been a few weeks now.

Hopefully it would be like no man's sky where they actually fixed the game.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

31 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

Betheseda

Steam

Battlenet

Origin

Epic Games

uPlay

Windows Store even

Remember when Steam became popular when it advertised all your games were in 1 place...

but really bethesda's client works fine, just yet another thing to keep updated

1 minute ago, Eaglerino said:

Betheseda

Steam

Battlenet

Origin

Epic Games

uPlay

Windows Store even 

Remember when Steam became popular when it advertised all your games were in 1 place...

but really bethesda's client works fine, just yet another thing to keep updated 

Netflix

Amazon Prime Video

Hulu

HBO Now

CBS All Access

Upcoming Disney Streaming

Crackle

Stan (local in Australia)

As soon as a product or even concept has enough users, big businesses start paying attention and develop their own alternative and competing platforms. Streaming will be just as bad in a few years.

3 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

Streaming will be just as bad in a few years.

You mean now?

4 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

Netflix

Amazon Prime Video

Hulu

HBO Now

CBS All Access

Upcoming Disney Streaming

Crackle

Stan (local in Australia)

As soon as a product or even concept has enough users, big businesses start paying attention and develop their own alternative and competing platforms. Streaming will be just as bad in a few years.

I almost want to get cable so everything's in 1 box..

35 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

Apparently 'Elders Scrolls XI' will use this engine...really? Doesn't fill me with hope, it's an old engine now and runs very average on Xbox and PS4. Playable, sure, but they should not rely on this as the engine for the future.

Ugh really? Please tell me this isn't true. This engine is NOT built for even last gen hardware. Hell skyrim needed a freaking memory patch to even freaking use more than 4 gb.

23 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

You mean now?

I mean, yeah, I think the Disney streaming box will be the nail in the coffin though. They'll take every:

• Disney film and series
  • Disney animated film and series
  • Pixar animated films
  • Lucasfilm films and series
  • Marvel Studios films and series*

*Not sure how it will work with Netflix Marvel series' though, this is all speculation.

Plus they 'own' ABC and ESPN to name others so they could potentially rip a ton of content from Netflix and others platforms. Keyword potentially because this is all my speculation.

23 minutes ago, Eaglerino said:

I almost want to get cable so everything's in 1 box..

Wait what? There's a box that has everything? Through one cable? What? The future truly is now.

/s

18 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

Ugh really? Please tell me this isn't true. This engine is NOT built for even last gen hardware. Hell skyrim needed a freaking memory patch to even freaking use more than 4 gb. 

image.png.5ad0718457bf89e285f85c99eb9e05ac.png

SOURCE:

I wouldn't be surprised if we hear that they've decided change tact, who knows, they know the limitations of the engine so they must think they have some major changes in the work, still...

3 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

image.png.5ad0718457bf89e285f85c99eb9e05ac.png

SOURCE:

I wouldn't be surprised if we hear that they've decided change tact, who knows, they know the limitations of the engine so they must think they have some major changes in the work, still...

UHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGG I am a modder for the creation kit. It fucking sucks. We mod BECAUSE the engine sucks and we need to find ways to make it work decently. 

32 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

UHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGG I am a modder for the creation kit. It fucking sucks. We mod BECAUSE the engine sucks and we need to find ways to make it work decently. 

Todd's Reply

We like our editor...the modders know it really well...we think it works best.

'Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies', "These NPCs are not scripted"

1 hour ago, williamcll said:

Hopefully it would be like no man's sky where they actually fixed the game.

> laughs in "no mod Skyrim game through"

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

7 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

Todd's Reply

'Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies', "These NPCs are not scripted"

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition