Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

@techswede you should join the Jayztwocents forum. I'm talking about someone about RB and 2JZ swaps.. your favorite topic :D

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

@techswede you should join the Jayztwocents forum. I'm talking about someone about RB and 2JZ swaps.. your favorite topic :D

I'm already on it as TechDane. But i'll wait until it's a bit less clunky. And your conversation is over  :P

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

They better allow me to use my current GIF there.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I know.. I saw it. and posted in it  :D

how did you multi quote?

I quote one, opened the topic on another tab, quote the other post, and basically copy+pasted it to the first tab. ;)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

9972982613_20991bdfb9_b.jpg

This is the most underrated car of 2014/2015...

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

I don't think they do :lol:

I cant use mine.. too big. 1mb max

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I cant use mine.. too big.

I could :D

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

I cant use mine.. too big.

They should have an feature.

I could :D

Mine is 500x500 pixels, and it's still too big. how did you hack it?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

- snip -

This is the most underrated car of 2014/2015...

I always loved Octavia's VRS (or RS only, IDK), it's a shame that it is a diesel engine :( (I dont think there are petrol RS versions... IDK)

Z3

I didn't. It's called resize :P

I didn't. It's called resize :P

Where can i do so?

Z1u1q3F.png

@ZacDaMan72 used some website IIRC, but it didnt work for me.. looked like poop

Z1u1q3F.png

The size is less than 976KiB, but the resolution is way too big.

did not work

What's this?

On the previous YouTube video I posted, at 7:00, what's that grey hatchback there in the background?

ezgif.com/resize

I always loved Octavia's VRS (or RS only, IDK), it's a shame that it is a diesel engine :( (I dont think there are petrol RS versions... IDK)

There is a TSI engine with 162kW - 218hp or something like that.

did not work

What's this?

On the previous YouTube video I posted, at 7:00, what's that grey hatchback there in the background?

Obviously the most expensive and powerfull car in jay's garage xD

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

ezgif.com/resize

There is a TSI engine with 162kW - 218hp or something like that.

Megusta-Pringles.jpg

Obviously the most expensive and powerfull car in jay's garage xD

7ec.png

--Y u do dis?Snip--

Because it's some small econobox in a garage full of priceless vintage and classic cars. and modern supercars. It doesn't even show up in any list i've found over jay's cars.

Might be one of his mechanics cars though 

Because it's some small econobox in a garage full of priceless vintage and classic cars. and modern supercars. It doesn't even show up in any list i've found over jay's cars.

Might be one of his mechanics cars though

It surely looks rare and unique. That's why I'm asking ;)

speaking of oil from eariler, I like to use Mobil 1 0w-40 (my Dad's car lol) everywhere I can unless the car is an oil burner. This oil seems to always show up well in the used-oil metals charts. 7K mile oil changes with this unless /insert special case here/

(there seems to be a lot nowadays???) Oil burners (my car lol) ill use Valvoline 5w-30 high mileage. The high mileage oils generally have lots of detergents. Detergents used overtime help slow the oil burning because (in my cars case anyway) the holes drilled in the pistons for draining get clogged and any oil brought into the cylinder cant drain fast enough before being ignited. So the goal for my car at least is to clean it out or at least keep it from getting worse, which is what a decent high mileage oil can do. I use valvoline because it is cheap and i am adding oil all the time (i check at least once a week). I also use 4 oz of marvels mystery oil in the last 400 miles before an oil change (3000 miles for an oil burner to get rid of soot and change the filter). This helps further with cleaning. I use a tall filter in oil burners as well becuase you can clean your engine, but it all falls down into the oil and needs to be filtered out as much as possible.

Oil filters, I prefer to use the Purolator Pure One oil filter, why? because this. http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/FilterStudy.html (motorcycles, but its all the same filters that you see on cars, just bigger for cars)

Air filters -> K&N. not for extra performance because lets be honest, it isnt that much. I just love being able to clean the thing instead of swapping it out all the time.

Tires -> i have a strong recommendation for everyone to get a stickier tire no matter what car u drive with a decent tread life but not amazing (its likely not too grippy if it is amazing at treadwear) . Why? GSL. Grip Saves Lives. Unless its  a special usage case scenario, like off-road tires. Which ive never looked into so dont ask xD

Parts-> aftermarket is fine, just do research make sure people speak for the most part good about things you want to buy. (i treat it like I treat hard drives)

Any questions on my methodology? xD

p.s. I dont know much about transmission fluid. As to whats best. still need to research that lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Tires -> i have a strong recommendation for everyone to get a stickier tire no matter what u drive with a decent tread life but not amazing (its likely not too grippy if it is amazing at treadwear) . Why? GSL. Grip Saves Lives. Unless its  a special usage case scenario, like off-road tires. Which ive never looked into so dont ask xD

Yes, let me put soft sticky tires on a truck.. :P

Yes, let me put soft sticky tires on a truck.. :P

well i only had cars in mind... you do have a point lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1