What the hell is up with women?

IrshaadH

Guys, I just need to vent and compare experiences.  Here it goes:

I met this girl at a class last weekend.  She was giving me eyes all day, so I went up and introduced myself.  The conversation went well; we seemed like two like-minded people, so I seized the opportunity to ask if she wanted to grab a coffee later in the week.  She appeared quite interested and gave me her number. 

The next day, I texted her to say it was nice meeting her and that I'll give her a call in a couple days to make plans.  The day after, she texted me back saying that sounded good to her. 

Seemed to me, judging from the response, that I pretty much had this locked down.  So, I called her to next day to actually seal the deal and make firm plans to see her.  She didn't answer, so I waited until after work to call her again to no avail. 

I figured, I'm not going to give up so easy, so I just texted her to ask if she was free on the weekend.  Pretty much three days have passed and still no answer. 

Now, I've already come to terms with the fact that this one got away.  But, I'm posting here because I just can't seem to figure out what I could have done differently!  I've gotten mixed messages from my friends: some say she's playing hard to get and I should try again next week; others tell me that she had a change of heart.  The optimist in me is saying the former, but I'm not naive... I'm just confused as to why her behaviour changed all of a sudden.  Why even text me back to begin with?  Argh.... 

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

Or maybe she's busy and haven't had the time or the opportunity to text you back?

Honestly, if you're in a class together then why don't you arrange it when you actually meet up?

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

One of things I've learned is that if you actively pursue when they don't respond, it makes you look clingy... which is bad.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

I'm guessing she got a better offer, and rather that try and back out of meeting you in a dignified manner, decided to ghost you instead. If she is just playing hard to get by ignoring you, it's a sign she is not worth the hassle. Either way move on.

A wise man once told me you don’t date people in your class because you don’t shit where you eat

That's an F in the profile pic

Maybe there was nothing you could do differently and she's simply not interested. There isn't a checklist you can complete and, as a reward, "get the girl". Maybe she's a human being, just like yourself, and isn't sure of how she should handle the situation. Maybe she agreed to the coffee because she thought it would be impolite to refuse and didn't really intend for it to go anywhere, then reconsidered when it became clear what your intentions were. I suggest you stop insisting and, if she later decides she might be interested after all, she'll come to you. If she doesn't, let her be.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

15 hours ago, IrshaadH said:

Guys, I just need to vent and compare experiences.  Here it goes:

I met this girl at a class last weekend.  She was giving me eyes all day, so I went up and introduced myself.  The conversation went well; we seemed like two like-minded people, so I seized the opportunity to ask if she wanted to grab a coffee later in the week.  She appeared quite interested and gave me her number. 

The next day, I texted her to say it was nice meeting her and that I'll give her a call in a couple days to make plans.  The day after, she texted me back saying that sounded good to her. 

Seemed to me, judging from the response, that I pretty much had this locked down.  So, I called her to next day to actually seal the deal and make firm plans to see her.  She didn't answer, so I waited until after work to call her again to no avail. 

I figured, I'm not going to give up so easy, so I just texted her to ask if she was free on the weekend.  Pretty much three days have passed and still no answer. 

Now, I've already come to terms with the fact that this one got away.  But, I'm posting here because I just can't seem to figure out what I could have done differently!  I've gotten mixed messages from my friends: some say she's playing hard to get and I should try again next week; others tell me that she had a change of heart.  The optimist in me is saying the former, but I'm not naive... I'm just confused as to why her behaviour changed all of a sudden.  Why even text me back to begin with?  Argh.... 

Yeah my first suggestion is stop calling/texting/whatever.

You called her twice, and texted her. And she didn't respond. Perhaps she was just busy at first, but even if she wasn't, she likely got turned off by the multiple messages.

Likely she changed her mind, or got involved with another person.

Either way, leave it. If she decides to change her mind, she'll let you know.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Thanks for all your input guys!

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

14 hours ago, Volbet said:

Or maybe she's busy and haven't had the time or the opportunity to text you back?

Who is so busy that they literally have no time to check their texts or recent calls, for 3 whole days?

Sorry but whoever says they are too busy, all day every day, to do something that takes 5 seconds and is pretty much done unconsciously at this point, is a liar. She's just not interested in him and was leading him on.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 minute ago, TetraSky said:

Who is so busy that they literally have no time to check their texts or recent calls, for 3 whole days?

Sorry but whoever says they are too busy, all day every day, to do something that takes 5 seconds and is pretty much done unconsciously at this point, is a liar. She's just not interested in him and was leading him on.

It's not rare that I'm that busy.

If you were to text me in my busy periods, then it could easily take three days to a week for me to get back to you.

14 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

One of things I've learned is that if you actively pursue when they don't respond, it makes you look clingy... which is bad.

This, so much this.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

33 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

She's just not interested in him and was leading him on.

I like how your conclusion is that she 'lead him on' as if she has done some kind of wrong or is at fault and you ignore the much more likely and reasonable possiblity: She was kinda sorta interested but ultimately lost interest.

I mean, has no one here ever gone "Yeah, I mean, kinda?  Well, let's check this out I guess?  Actually, eh, nah, never mind.  Nope.' on something?

41 minutes ago, Volbet said:

It's not rare that I'm that busy.

If you were to text me in my busy periods, then it could easily take three days to a week for me to get back to you.

You're basically saying you're too busy to even reply when someone tell you "have a good day" in person. It takes seconds to read and reply to a text. NO ONE is so "busy", that they literally don't have those few seconds in a day, be it right before bed or during a break or whatever. If you have time to take a shit, you have time to read and reply to a text.

This is just an excuse that you are telling yourself and others because you couldn't be bothered. Unless you were, for some reason, in a situation that literally made it that you didn't have access to your phone, like being in an area that has sensitive equipment like a lab, which I doubt some girl in school could possibly be in such situation, unless she was kidnapped.

9 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

I like how your conclusion is that she 'lead him on' as if she has done some kind of wrong or is at fault and you ignore the much more likely and reasonable possiblity: She was kinda sorta interested but ultimately lost interest.

I mean, has no one here ever gone "Yeah, I mean, kinda?  Well, let's check this out I guess?  Actually, eh, nah, never mind.  Nope.' on something?

If she can't tell him "sorry nevermind" or give any other sort of closure, then I'm sorry, but that's called leading him on and wasting his time.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 minute ago, TetraSky said:

If she can't tell him "sorry nevermind" or give any other sort of closure, then I'm sorry, but that's called leading him on and wasting his time.

Closure?  They didn't make an arrangement to meet.  She has no responsibility to treat him like some kind of feeble child who requires 'closure' on a handful of text messages.

Probably not interested and was just being polite tbh. I wouldn't date anyone in my class imo dont screw the crew.

13 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Closure?  They didn't make an arrangement to meet.  She has no responsibility to treat him like some kind of feeble child who requires 'closure' on a handful of text messages.

its not really hard to say 'no' some people just need to man up and say it because theres people who will keep txting etc.

7 hours ago, TetraSky said:

You're basically saying you're too busy to even reply when someone tell you "have a good day" in person. It takes seconds to read and reply to a text. NO ONE is so "busy", that they literally don't have those few seconds in a day, be it right before bed or during a break or whatever. If you have time to take a shit, you have time to read and reply to a text.

This is just an excuse that you are telling yourself and others because you couldn't be bothered. Unless you were, for some reason, in a situation that literally made it that you didn't have access to your phone, like being in an area that has sensitive equipment like a lab, which I doubt some girl in school could possibly be in such situation, unless she was kidnapped.

See, now you have already assumed my (and possibly others) reasons for not answering text messages.

But you have failed to actually back up any of those assumptions, and I'm not going to try and defend myself against unwarranted assumptions.

I'm not letting you dictate the discourse.

Here's the deal, present me with some actual evidence or arguments that can back up your assumptions and then we can continue.

Otherwise all you have done is pass judgment on a person's actions (or rather lack thereof) with absolutely nothibg to back you up.

-= Locked =-

Better suited a a personal Status Update. 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER