Is this PSU any good at all?

EnergyEclipse

Hello!

I scored myself an absolute bargain of a case, a Cronus 63604 Micro ATX case, which has USB 3.0, an included 80mm and a '500W' PSU, for £21 brand new. However, admittedly I cannot find the manufacturer of this case.

I managed to find an image of the inside of the case and noticed the PSU has a brand logo on it much to my surprise. I found out who they are and the brand goes by the name of 'Space power'. I found a few listings of the particularly unit on Ebay. They on average sell for £8, and that is hugely concerning. I found a listing which provides some more details on the unit: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/sis.html?_itemId=null&_nkw=ATX+Power+supply+500W+Max+Output+Switching+PSU+Space+Power+MP+500AT+PLUS&_trksid=p2047675.m4100.l9146

If anyone knows anything about this unit. Please do tell me as I am only hoping it is enough for a Q6600 and a 8800GT (I will use an molex to 6 pin adaptor for that) and if so that is awesome Thank you massively in advance for any information you might have on this unit! :D

s-l1600.jpg

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

It doesn't even have a PCIe connector... now why would a 500 watt PSU not have a PCIe connector o.O 

That's basically 1 way to tell that it's junk, lol. Though it does stop it from frying any GPU's.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 minute ago, RKRiley said:

It doesn't even have a PCIe connector... now why would a 500 watt PSU not have a PCIe connector o.O 

That's basically 1 way to tell that it's junk, lol. Though it does stop it from frying any GPU's.

1050 Ti can still suffer

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

2 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

Image result for chinese engineering memes

>weird unknown brand

>made in china

probably garbage

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

2 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

>weird unknown brand

>made in china

probably garbage

It's a "Space Power" PSU. I would say 100% it's junk

s-l1000.jpg

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

-snip-

I am hoping it doesn't my house into space then xD

Just now, EnergyEclipse said:

I am hoping it doesn't my house into space then xD

No, it will just your house to the ground :P

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

3 minutes ago, Lurick said:

eh, I wouldn't write it off completely.

If it survives POST then the next step of course is the AIDA64 + Furmark load explode test.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Does that seriously say "Space Power"?

Is that why Elon Musk gave Falcon Heavy a 50/50 chance of blowing up?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Use it if you want to kill your computer and yourself...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

2 hours ago, seon123 said:

It has to add up all the rails to reach 500W,

All PSUs are rated that way though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ If it can do 500 watts at some combination of different loads from different voltages, then it is a 500W unit. Gamers can only use about ~350W of that due to +12V rating, but total power is just the most possible watts you can get from it.

On 10 February 2018 at 9:24 PM, Lurick said:

s-l1000.jpg

I actually did some research into who manafactures that PSU. as Space Power unsurprisingly has no presence online. I found two results, and from them I am indicated to think it is a EZCool unit, and EZCool being again a fake brand possibly owned by a real OEM company called JSP-Tech. I am going to dig about abit and see if they have a good reputation and if this unit is indeed by them :D

Space Power

yeah that thing can take your 8800 to mars in a week

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Well, erm, big plot twist. The case didn't actually come with a PSU, despite the listing having quite clearly stated it comes with a 500W PSU. Not a massive surprise, but I am awaiting there reply on the issue, so wish me luck :D