NZXT Releases New H Series of Cases, the H700i, H400i and H200i

TVwazhere

NZXT introduces new H series cases, the H700i, H400i and H200i, in ATX, mATX and mITX cases respectively. All these cases feature their new cable managment system, integrated RGB fan controller, RGB fans and LED strips, and come with tempered glass. The H700i also features dual 360 RAD support in the top and front.

The H700i, H400i, and H200i include the newly-developed, fully-integrated Smart Device controller providing the same capabilities as NZXT’s highly-acclaimed GRID+ and HUE+ products. Each case comes build-ready with pre-installed RGB lighting and pre-wired Aer F fans*, saving the cost and hassle of adding RGB and fan controllers.

H Series main features

• Modern aesthetics and builder-friendly features are delivered in three sizes: the H700i, a mid-tower ATX case; the H400i, a mATX case; and the H200i, a compact ITX case
  • The Smart Device, a built-in digital RGB and fan controller powered by CAM, simplifies installation and management of RGB lighting and fans, saving time and money
  • Premium, all-steel construction with the sleek H Series design; available in four color combinations
  • Tempered glass side panel showcases custom RGB lighting
  • Wire management is made easy by an all-new cable management system
  • Water-cooling installation simplified for both AIO and custom loop configurations
  • Adaptive Noise Reduction optimizes cooling and noise balance for the best gaming comfort

Personally not a fan of the newer cable management bar, but they had to put the new controller somewhere, right?

MSRP Pricing:
H700i  €199,95 Incl VAT 
H400i  €149,95 Incl VAT 
H200i  - tbc

Availability:
H700i – End October 2017
H400i – Half November 2017
H200i – End December 2017

4 color options for all H Series cases:

• Matte Black/Black
  • Matte White/Black
  • Matte Black/Red
  • Matte Black/Blue

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nzxt-introduces-the-h-series-cases-h200i-h500i-and-h700i.html

These are some expensive cases, most of the added cost being in the RGB controllers and fans. I like the integrated portions of this, but I hope they also release versions without these proprietary hardware features, as most of us are using controlers and fans buit into the case, or are more "universal" RGB ecosystems. 

The H700's design is a big improvement over the S340 and H440 in terms of airflow, however the air intakes and exhausts are still a bit on the restrictive side. The H400i however, has a completely open top and significantly more spacing in the front (more than double, just counting the holes along the sides) If the top comes with a magnetic fan filter, this is my favorite case out of all three. There aernt any good photos of the H200i yet, but it's one of the few Tempered glasses mITX cases I'm aware of, so thats something to look forward to.

The cable Management bar looks really nice, but I dont know how it will fare for 360mm AIO's, as the tubes will have to run behind the bar in order to reach the CPU block. Not sure how that will look, especially in custom loops.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Better late than never in producing a s340 with 360mm rad support, but $200!?

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

On 10/17/2017 at 10:38 AM, TidaLWaveZ said:

Better late than never in producing a s340 with 360mm rad support, but $200!?

It's the integrated "machine learning" fan hub that drives the price up :'( 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I recently bought an S340 Elite... (for a reasonable price actually, £87 with shipping, msrp is 100 i think) But these cases are quite expensive and it's not like the S340 Elite won't be talked about ever again so it's all good. xD 

-duplicate post-

Edited by TVwazhere
derp

Wow... they had a meeting and someone really thought the cable management bar wasn't in-your-face enough.

7 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

It's the integrated triple AER fans and fan controller (hue+) that drives the price up :'( 

Yeah, this $30+ fan shit needs to end immediately.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Just now, The Benjamins said:

Look at the cable channels, mmmm

One of my favorite new features of the case for sure! They even have a mini puck right behind the fan controller!

Just now, TidaLWaveZ said:

Agreed. I wish we werent forced into the NZXT ecosystem, but for people looking to get into it like @A Silver, this might be a decent option (though he's looking for cases where you can see the fans in the front like the 460x)

4 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

One of my favorite new features of the case for sure! They even have a mini puck right behind the fan controller!

Agreed. I wish we werent forced into the NZXT ecosystem, but for people looking to get into it like @A Silver, this might be a decent option (though he's looking for cases where you can see the fans in the front like the 460x)

It's a pretty easy fix, just release a base model with a few basic fans for ~$100. Maybe they will after they milk the $200 model dry or it fails to sell.

6 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

These are good looking cases and I would consider it but they are but too costly for my budget (and also as you said, I would prefer a clear front panel)

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i9 12900K

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H150i Elite Capellix

Mother Board: MSI z690 carbon WiFi

RAM: TeamSport Elite DDR5 2x16 4800mhz

Storage: 2TB Samsung 970 Plus NVMe, 240 SanDisk SSD Plus, Crucial MX300 750GB SSD

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X

PSU: Cosrair RM850X 80+ Gold

Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p @ 165hz

Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Chroma

Mouse: Logitech G502

Sound: Sony MDR 1000x Headphones, Blue Snowball Microphone

Laptop Specs:

Gigabyte Aorus 15G

CPU: Intel i7 10875H

RAM: 16gb DDR4

Storage: 512gb NVMe, 1TB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 Max-Q

1 minute ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

It's a pretty easy fix, just release a base model with a few basic fans for ~$100. Maybe they will after they milk the $200 model dry or it fails to sell.

Past and present me agrees with you!

35 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

These are some expensive cases, most of the added cost being in the RGB controllers and fans. I like the integrated portions of this, but I hope they also release versions without these proprietary hardware features, as most of us are using controlers and fans buit into the case, or are more "universal" RGB ecosystems. 

19 minutes ago, Jade said:

I want the h700i but CAM sucks. Waiting for my X61 to die to drop it entirely.

I've emailed NZXT, see if I cant get them to tell me if they plan on releasing for example a non i version that doesnt have the RGB system in it. If they plan on it in the future, I think theyll get more sales (kinda like how CPU skus have a slow roll out)

The Corsairesque naming scheme is weird now that I think about it. Guess Corsair can't use H200i for their next gen cooler.

I like the cable management stuff a lot. Though the models with the color accents seem too much. There is just too much blue from this angle for me:

379F3E05-638C-478C-89F2-52696964DCB6.jpeg.d6a9335c8afa8bc64d2ce833b034b136.jpeg

and too much red in this:

AF55C400-DDFE-4148-B089-1FE7F3D4C228.jpeg.8a3ed12e476ebc903156bee01fee5d5d.jpeg

3 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

I like the cable management stuff a lot. Though the models with the color accents seem too much. There is just too much blue from this angle for me:

and too much red in this:

Most of the blue and red actually come from the motherboard and LED renders. The only actual colored parts are the vented sides and the cable management bar, 

large_5be8301f8566452b.jpg

large_7ba23f1821f4e480.jpg

Obnoxiously expensive for such a basic unimpressive shit. Nobody wants an integrated fan and RGB controller, those are all built into the motherboard now.

15 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Most of the blue and red actually come from the motherboard and LED renders. The only actual colored parts are the vented sides and the cable management bar, 

large_5be8301f8566452b.jpg

large_7ba23f1821f4e480.jpg

oh, that's much better. But its still a little too much for me. While just the metal strip in the case wouldn't be too much of an accent, the red vent is too much of the same color in one area. I wish it was either thinner or the red was broken up into multiple smaller strips. Also the circular mesh doesn't match the design of the rest of the case which bothers me.

They screwed these up. I'll never buy a case that forces me to buy their expensive fans and use their crap controller. Their not bad fans, but I'll never pay that much, and my noctuas are still better. Their grid is crap too because it can't even run noctuas among other brands. 

Maybe if they sell it cheaper without all the gimmicks

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

Wow look awesome. Clean and simple. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

1 hour ago, The Benjamins said:

Look at the cable channels, mmmm

https://www.nzxt.com/categories/cases

large_9da9690e15e8aab3.jpg

These cable channels isn't going to work too well. Some are too narrow for the main ATX plug and none of them have anchor points for zip ties or a cover, to prevent the cables from falling out.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

8 minutes ago, Ginger137 said:

They screwed these up. I'll never buy a case that forces me to buy their expensive fans and use their crap controller. Their not bad fans, but I'll never pay that much, and my noctuas are still better. Their grid is crap too because it can't even run noctuas among other brands. 

Maybe if they sell it cheaper without all the gimmicks

Actually this is a direct competitor to Corsair's 460x RGB:

Image result for 460 x rgb

There's a few key differences:

1) Big one is the glass/transparent front in the Corsair case. It will just look better overall vs the solid front of the NZXT h700i. It seems like a misstep for NZXT not to at least include a mesh or transparent option to actually show off the included RGB fans which are basically just expensive interior ambient lighting for their case.

2) NZXT actually offers 3 different sizes in what I'm assuming all include the RGB fans and RGB+Fan controller. This is nice since there is very little (if any at all) in the way of mitx or matx cases that come with an RGB fan already. If you want these smaller cases and RGB already included in the price this is the way to go.

3) This is smaller but no case includes both a fan controller and an RGB controller on the same case. Might not seem like much but if you remember you gotta buy one or the other when building it's a nice extra.

Price might be a bit much and I'm really not sure about 1) with the front RGB fans wasted but it should be an interesting match up with Corsair's offering.

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 hours ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

here is an idea........dont buy them

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017