What's happening with these racial protests?

IsaacThePooper

I am so confused, the news never recaps on how stuff actually got started.

So why are there these dumb white supremacist protests, where did they come from, what was there intention, and why?

I honestly think that white supremacist is just a bunch of bogus and they should stop and be friends with everyone (coming from a white guy)

But, I don't know what I'm saying because I CAN'T UNDERSTAND NEWS these days...

I'm just curious, should I be worried or should I just stay home... and shut up.

?

thnx

If you're refering to the Charlottesville, VA protests, then they were protesting due to the citie's decision to remove a statue of Robert E. Lee, a Confederacy general, from property owned by the city. 

Of course, there were also counter-protesters, leading to the violent clashes we saw yesterday. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Just now, Volbet said:

If you\re refering to the Charlottesville protests, then they were protesting due to the cities decision to remove a statue of Robert E. Lee, a Confederacy general. 

Of course, there were also counter protesters, leading to the violent clashes we saw yesterday. 

Oh, like from the civil war?

Oh okay, it's just a dumb statue, you don't have to kill people over it geez.

3 minutes ago, IsaacThePooper said:

Oh, like from the civil war?

Oh okay, it's just a dumb statue, you don't have to kill people over it geez.

Yes, Robert E. Lee was a general for the Confederacy during the American Civil War. 

Many people in the South also sees him as one of the South's biggest defenders after the war, due to his political work. 

At the point of the car crash there had already been numerous clashes between the two sides (protesters and counter-protesters), and at that point it was probably not about the statue anymore. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Just now, Volbet said:

Yes, Robert E. Lee was a general for the Confederacy during the American Civil War. 

At the point of the car crash there had already been numerous clashes between the two sides (protesters and counter-protesters), and at that point it was probably not about the statue anymore. 

Huh, well now I know, thanks man.

As with any protests nowadays, you always have people who are there for alternative motives. What most likely started out as a protest of a historic statue evolved into a violent scene where you have violent youths who only want trouble clashing with legitimate racists while also having the real protesters caught in the crossfire. My only gripe at this point is that the Media seems to be only mentioning the "white supremacist" force there and putting sole blame on them for the resulting violence (and of course, it's easier to blame Racism than to blame a lack of police intervention or proper barricades blocking routes with one-way exits).

IMO, the media is escalating things a lot more than they should be. I watched NBC Nightly News last night (8/12/17) and could've sworn that they were almost insinuating that the helicopter crash (which killed two) was a direct result of the white supremacist force that was there when it seems more to be just a tragic accident. Lack of clear coverage for both sides of the issue can create a sort of "Yes, my side is ALWAYS right" mentality among news watchers when they're never exposed to a possible second viewpoint. Broadcasters just want money and these types of stories pay bills, the actual reporting of "News" is put on hold in favor of clickbait and provocative headlines which generate big bucks for these companies.

*I'm not defending either side here. I do not support either one of these causes and I could careless about the statue or its removal.

Also, I think this counts as a political discussion so... inb4lock (too much controversy around topics these days, don't want a LMG Forums: Civil War)

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/12/politics/trump-charlottesville-statement/index.html

"Both sides don't scream racist and anti-Semitic things at people with whom they disagree. They don't base a belief system on the superiority of one race over others. They don't get into fistfights with people who don't see things their way. They don't create chaos and leave a trail of injured behind them."

Couldn't stop laughing from how wrong this statement was. All you have to do is look at the shit sjw's have done and said at every protest up until now. I'm honestly surprised someone hasn't done anything like this on either either side. Though I have to disagree with the whole they are only white surpremists protesting for the monument. I'd be there protesting it's removal for the sole fact that it's a monument of America's history and shouldn't be removed because of idiots and their feels

feels same thing with the Confederate flag though moreso for freedom of speech regardless of what it is. Dont turn America into Canada or Germany.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

1 hour ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/12/politics/trump-charlottesville-statement/index.html

"Both sides don't scream racist and anti-Semitic things at people with whom they disagree. They don't base a belief system on the superiority of one race over others. They don't get into fistfights with people who don't see things their way. They don't create chaos and leave a trail of injured behind them."

Couldn't stop laughing from how wrong this statement was. All you have to do is look at the shit sjw's have done and said at every protest up until now. I'm honestly surprised someone hasn't done anything like this on either either side. Though I have to disagree with the whole they are only white surpremists protesting for the monument. I'd be there protesting it's removal for the sole fact that it's a monument of America's history and shouldn't be removed because of idiots and their feels

feels same thing with the Confederate flag though moreso for freedom of speech regardless of what it is. Dont turn America into Canada or Germany.

Seemingly, however this situation is very specific:

People intentionally killed in an act of terrorism in the last year:

SJWs: 0

Alt Right racists: 3

That is all.

-------

Current Rig

-------

9 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Seemingly, however this situation is very specific:

People intentionally killed in an act of terrorism in the last year:

SJWs: 0

Alt Right racists: 3

That is all.

Where? When? What incident are you citing?

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

1 hour ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Dont turn America into Canada

Canada: Not Even Once

Canadian Forces Disaster Assistance Response Team supplies aid and fresh drinking world in disaster zones the world over.

da50-2015-0001-039.jpg

Our nation's leader, heading the Toronto pride parade.

wynne-trudeau-toryjpg.jpg.size.custom.cr

Canada landed and hosted over two hundred commercial aircraft, carrying thousands of Americans and individuals of other nations, all of whom were inbound to The United States on September the 11th, 2001 but had to be redirected when the FAA closed American airspace.  Canadians on the East and West coast even opened their own homes to house those passengers who were stranded at alien airports.

8973080.jpg

How about some crime statistics?

b-homicides-per-1000-canada-us-2006.png

Canada: Not Even Once

During the Second World War the Dutch Ryal House was in exile in Canada while their nation was occupied by Nazi Germany.  Queen Juliana would give birth to Princess Margriet while in Canada.  The Canadian Government temporarily declared the maternity ward of the Ottawa Civic Hospital to extraterritorial to Canada, ensuring that Princess Margret would legally derive her citizenship from her Mother and that her Dutch citizenship could not be questioned.

Following the war, the Dutch Royal Family sent 100 000 tulip bulbs to Canada as a sign of gratitude for it's generosity and hospitality.  This tradition has continued and every year the Canadian capital blooms with it's Tulip festival.

tulip-fest-parliament.jpeg

This little idiotic fight about Canada > USA is the reason why political discussion was banned from the forum in the first place.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

This is not the place for this type of discussion, we are before all else a tech forum. 

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/965477-community-standards/

No Trolling

• This includes flame wars such as NVIDIA vs AMD, political or religious debate.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/234698-posting-guidelines-please-read/

1 - First of all, ALL the items of the Community Standards apply to the Off-Topic section.

2 - The Off-Topic section is NOT for junk posts, SPAM, trolling and just any old thing.

3 - The Off-Topic section IS for productive threads that may not fall into one of the already laid out sections of the forum. At all times though, this is a tech centered and focused forum.

• Do not create threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums.
  • Do not cause disturbances in forum threads such as picking fights or insulting other members.
  • Do not make non-constructive posts for the purpose of causing unrest.  This includes posting LMGTFY links.

-Locked-