Asus Zenith Extreme

NumLock21
Just now, NumLock21 said:

Threadripper will have 64 lanes from the cpu.

64+4?

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

Just now, KOMTechAndGaming said:

the point is that ALL thread ripper cpus have 60 regardless

All i9s will have 60+ ? 

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

1 minute ago, Clanscorpia said:

Intel will x299 has more PCIe lanes though??? The chipset has 24 and the 10 core has 44 so even the lowest i9 has more PCIe lanes

NO it doesn't, the 24 lanes off the chipset is running though a 4x ish link so you can add devices but it is bottle necked like hell.

The CPU I/O is 48 vs 64 were intel gives 4 to a chipset that can give "24" more

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Just now, Clanscorpia said:

Intel will x299 has more PCIe lanes though??? The chipset has 24 and the 10 core has 44 so even the lowest i9 has more PCIe lanes

Lanes from the chipset are different, at best they're limited to the x4 interface the chipset has to the CPU. TR has 60 full lanes to the CPU, X299 has 44 lanes to the CPU, both have a chipset that adds connectivity for less demanding devices like storage, USB, and network adapters. I don't know how many lanes come from TR's chipset.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

1 minute ago, Dash Lambda said:

Lanes from the chipset are different, at best they're limited to the x4 interface the chipset has to the CPU. TR has 60 full lanes to the CPU, X299 has 44 lanes to the CPU, both have a chipset that adds connectivity for less demanding devices like storage, USB, and network adapters. I don't know how many lanes come from TR's chipset.

Im very interested in how many people will need the PCIe lanes for 3 16x graphics cards on the 10 core. Im fairly sure the 12/14/16 cores will have more than 44 lanes to the CPU

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

5 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

All i9s will have 60+ ? 

nope they top out at 44 from the CPU

the 6 and 8 core have 28 from the CPU

the point amd is making or my theory, regardless of the cost of the TR cpu ALL have 60 directly from the cpu even the lowest price thread ripper cpu has 60 where as the cheapest x299 cpu has 16 then the 6 and 8 core cpus have 28 then the 10+ core ones have 44

this would allow me to buy the cheapest threadripper cpu that fits my needs, still enjoy the features of the top end 16c32t cpu but just have fewers cores

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

Im very interested in how many people will need the PCIe lanes for 3 16x graphics cards on the 10 core. Im fairly sure the 12/14/16 cores will have more than 44 lanes to the CPU

Intel has 0 dies that have more, they are using the MCC Xeons and they have 44 lanes just like the HCC xeons.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11461/intel-announces-basin-falls-the-new-highend-desktop-platform-and-x299-chipset

The DMI link also changes, moving from DMI 2.0 speeds in X79/X99 to DMI 3.0 speeds in X299 to mirror the consumer platforms. As mentioned above, this is practically the same as a PCIe 3.0 x4 link, but at least the HEDT platforms now get to play with higher bandwidth.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Unfortunately, no. They are based off of Xeon Golds and Platinums, which have 48 PCIe lanes:

https://ark.intel.com/products/120482/Intel-Xeon-Gold-6128-Processor-19_25M-Cache-3_40-GHz

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

I'm very interested in how many people will need the PCIe lanes for 3 16x graphics cards on the 10 core.

Graphics devices aren't the only things that use PCIe. For a gaming machine, no, you shouldn't really even need much more than the 16 lanes on the consumer platforms let alone 44/60 on the enthusiast platforms. But for workstations where you need as much GPU horsepower as possible, systems where you need a lot of fast storage or extremely high-bandwidth network connections, and many other use cases, it's very useful. For me personally, I see it as an open door, having enough lanes to fill up my machine gives me way more options and far fewer things to worry about down the road.

5 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

I'm fairly sure the 12/14/16 cores will have more than 44 lanes to the CPU.

Based on what? Intel can't magically add more lanes without changing the die or platform.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

The socket looks normal until you compare it to the pcie slots LUL

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

42 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

x299 tops out at 44 pcie lane . that's a limitation of the chip . Xeons also have 44 pcie lanes max.

You're also adding latency by using the chipset lanes. 

60/64 pcie lanes direct from cpu is available on every single chip , and you don't need to spend >1000$

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Oh, my, actual goodness. That has more adapters in it than even Linus has in his backpack!

Dual 8 pins <3 :D

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

2 hours ago, Clanscorpia said:

No they don't, not even the Xeons they are based off of do. Intel has 44 lanes for Skylake-SP/X, there isn't any more lanes coming this is it.

2 hours ago, Clanscorpia said:

I use two GPUs (32 lanes), might want 4 NVME (16 lanes), and I have a 10Gbe NIC (8 lanes). 32 + 16 + 8 = 56 so cutting close even on TR so if I add anything else I could exceed 60 lanes dropping some slots down, if they don't already depending on how motherboard makers assign lanes to slots based on what is populated like they do now on every Intel board because they have to.

1 hour ago, leadeater said:

I use two GPUs (32 lanes), might want 4 NVME (16 lanes), and I have a 10Gbe NIC (8 lanes). 32 + 16 + 8 = 56 so cutting close even on TR so if I add anything else I could exceed 60 lanes dropping some slots down, if they don't already depending on how motherboard makers assign lanes to slots based on what is populated like they do now on every Intel board because they have to.

Watch me fill 124 lanes of an EPYC octocore witb NVMe drives, and have an HD7750 is the remaining 4.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

On a side note, is that a sound card?

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

12 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

On a side note, is that a sound card?

It's 10gbe lan. Sound is onboard.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

that ram tho

32 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

All of them.

I see what you did there

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

5 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

not even a ROG SLI bridge? hmm

Looks like one to me (under the spoiler tag).

5 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

Spoiler

ASUS-X399-ROG-Zenith-Extreme-4.jpg.710587f277affac5dd309326a0ed0af7.jpg

5 hours ago, Clanscorpia said:

As @Dash Lambda already pointed out, the 24 from the chipset on X299 will be effectively limited to x4 (same as what TR offers from their chipset).  Meaning the 10+ core chips will have an effective 48 PCIe lanes (68 actual) versus 64 on TR.

Too good but it looks nice (I may get the lowest end threadripper just for the board for an editing rig)

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500