Linus Tech Tips Affiliates, Referral Programs and Sponsors

CPotter

Linus, how do you get the companies (affiliates) to commission you for the banners at the end of each video you make. Do you sign up and say whatever you want? Just asking.

I don't remember what I came here to post.

CPU: i5-4690K | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury

DDR3-1866 4x4GB | Boot: Samsung 860 Evo 250GB | Storage: Seagate Barracuda Green 1.5TB | GPU: Asus GTX 970 Strix 2xSLI | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Case: Antec Nine Hundred

I don't remember what I came here to post.

I remembered as soon as I clicked post! I'm gonna get my mom and dad to use your amazon affiliate link!

CPU: i5-4690K | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury

DDR3-1866 4x4GB | Boot: Samsung 860 Evo 250GB | Storage: Seagate Barracuda Green 1.5TB | GPU: Asus GTX 970 Strix 2xSLI | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Case: Antec Nine Hundred

I need information about mother boards.

I would like know wick is bether GigaByte GA Gaming x99 G1 WIFI, Asus X99, MSI x99, but I think buy the Gigabyte

How do I know that I'm contributing with Amazon.com bookmark affiliate link?

Do you know what the promo/discount code is for the 2015 Vloggerfair in Seattle? Linus mentioned in the last WAN Show that he has a discount code and I'd like to use it before the ticket prices go up in 10 days.

Hey all... what is the current offer for squarespace?

Hello! I'm in need of some help. I registered for the Lynda trial and cancelled before ending (never used the service) but I still got charged 35 freaking dollars.

Tried doing a PayPal chargeback but they just closed it and I can't even reopen it.

Tried contacting PayPal support to no avail, tried contacting Lynda support and they just don't reply.

What can I do, am I screwed?

EDIT: After multiple emails to Lynda I got my money back!

I'd like to order a t-shirt, but shipping is not available for Slovakia or Czech Republic.

Hi, i want to help linus media group but im from mexico and buying from Amazon US is not the best for me, so do they have a link for AmazonMX?

@LinusTech I've been looking to get the iFixit Pro Tech Toolkit with the discount from the WAN Show but shipping to Australia is so damn expensive! The toolkit is $54.95 USD with the WAN Show discount but shipping is almost half of that at $23.85 USD. Is there anything you guys can sort out with iFixit to make it affordable for your Aussie viewers?

Terve!
I can see that you have got the potential to do these kinds of reviews.

Please do more of them and don't be blown away by all those features. Over here in Switzerland, many new cars for 20000 bucks (which is not a lot by our standards) have automatic parking, emergency braking and ACC.

I'm not a fan of these kinds of things because I feel like the control is taken away from me, but I have to admit that it's freaking awesome to sit in an electric car, which has this huge torque while not making the smallest sound.

Sayonara!

Need an indian amazon or something else link.

THE LITTLE DEVIL : i5 4690k on NOCTUA NHD15

Asus z97 sabertooth mark 2 

WD black 1TB & WD Green 2TB HDD, Samsung 840 Evo 240gb & Hyperx 240gb SSD 

RAM- Corsair vengence 16gb and hyperx fury 8gb

PSU-Seasonic sII 620 wtt power supply

PErPHERaLS: Logitech g403 mouse, Redgear cherry MX brown switches, Logitech gamepad f310,Cosmic byte XXL RGB mousepad 

Audio: SennheiserHD 558 and antlion mod mic

PHOnE: Realme 3 pro 

Is there a working Code for Ifixit ? Linus03 and Wanshow03 didnt work ?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wanting to buy a t-shirt to support LMG for awhile now, but most of them have been sold out for what seems like eternity.  I also am really looking forward to them bringing back their newest LinusTechTips shirt (without the 'First' on the back).  Are there any updates as to when they think any of this will be back in stock?

@LinusTech

Do you guys get anything back from the 5 second ads Vessel plays at the start of videos? You guys take out the embedded sponsor spots for the Vessel viewers don't you? Just curious if you receive anything for those ads; as a paid for platform I didn't expect to see ads on there by Vessel, and if LMG get nothing back from it then.. yeah.

Capture.jpg

@LinusTech

Do you guys get anything back from the 5 second ads Vessel plays at the start of videos? You guys take out the embedded sponsor spots for the Vessel viewers don't you? Just curious if you receive anything for those ads; as a paid for platform I didn't expect to see ads on there by Vessel, and if LMG get nothing back from it then.. yeah.

Do you know what cable is?

pay content and pay for ads.

vessel never said ad free anywhere

only benfit to vessel is 7 days early 

@LinusTech

Capture.jpg

Yes we get ad revenue from the Vessel platform AND we get subscription revenue. That's why we pull out our normally baked in ads. The subscription revenue more than compensates for it.

Do you know what cable is?

pay content and pay for ads.

vessel never said ad free anywhere

only benfit to vessel is 7 days early 

I'm aware of that, i was just curious to know if they actually received anything from the ads, seeing as though they're on every Vessel video so it seems. I don't have a problem with watching ads, and wouldn't even care if they kept the sponsor spots in the video (as you said, it's pay for early access, not pay for ad free), i just wanted to know whether Vessel gave them anything for the ads out of plain curiosity.