Linus Tech Tips Affiliates, Referral Programs and Sponsors

CPotter
On 1/3/2023 at 1:44 PM, XSYLUS said:

I watched TechLinked video from Jan 2, 2023 and it shows in the description, Use CODE LoveLMG to save $10 on the FOCUS FM Series at https://lmg.gg/nEiHa.   However the short link goes to Newegg and Newegg support says they have no record of the code in their system.   Is there a different vendor that code works with.   

Since the description specifically mentions the FM series I searched Newegg and only found one 750W PSU that is listed as SSR-750FM and it's not directly sold by Newegg.   The code still didn't work.   I also reached out to Seasonic support via Facebook and they have no knowledge of this promotion.

Update.   Seems like the promotion didn't actually go into effect until 1/5/2023 when CES officially started.   I worked with Newegg and was able to get everything sorted with my order!  😁

Edited by XSYLUS
Issue resolved

On 1/4/2023 at 8:14 PM, XSYLUS said:

Since the description specifically mentions the FM series I searched Newegg and only found one 750W PSU that is listed as SSR-750FM and it's not directly sold by Newegg.   The code still didn't work.   I also reached out to Seasonic support via Facebook and they have no knowledge of this promotion.

Update.   Seems like the promotion didn't actually go into effect until 1/5/2023 when CES officially started.   I worked with Newegg and was able to get everything sorted with my order!  😁

I'm currently having this issue. Did the code expire? Can anyone from LTT confirm it was only for use during CES? (would have been good to say that in the video. I would have rushed). 

Not sure if this is really the right place for this, but this YouTube video is using Linus in their title card, I'm guessing without permission. 

Skimmed through the video and not sure if he's even mentioned in the content. 

Try putting a like a cryofuel into a radiator and measuring the termal output of it, and is it worth it

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After watching the latest ShortCircuit video about the Gulikit Joysticks, I was checking out listings on Amazon and happened to notice that this listing seems to be using an excerpt from an LTT video ft. Alex: https://www.amazon.ca/Drifting-Electromagnetic-Thumbstick-AKNES-Replacement/dp/B0B31STJDH/  

I suspect that they've not actually got the rights to use the content? The video snippet isn't anything deceptive since they it's just Alex explaining about using the product, and it hasn't been edited to seem like it's promoting the particular product, but maybe a mod like @LogicalDrm should let an LTT staff member know just in case.

3 minutes ago, Enigmatic Runner said:

and it hasn't been edited to seem like it's promoting the particular product, but maybe a mod like @LogicalDrm should let an LTT staff member know just in case.

You could have tagged someone yourself, like @AlexTheGreatish or @CPotter. Though if the video snippet is from was sponsored, then its more than likely they have permission to use it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 3/17/2023 at 5:37 PM, LogicalDrm said:

You could have tagged someone yourself, like @AlexTheGreatish or @CPotter. Though if the video snippet is from was sponsored, then its more than likely they have permission to use it.

My bad! I don't really use the forum enough to know their SNs or even the right person to tag so I just scrolled up until I saw a mod account which happened to be yours.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey about the affiliate stuff because I just wanted to give my two cents. Given the discussion about it on WAN; Its a very important and contentious issue which is why getting it right is worth more than it seems as far as the money is concerned. Think what an affiliate link might do to the brand in the hands of an Andrew Tate or similar. And while Apple is lame, I have to point to the trope that the villain never uses an Iphone.

Given the creativity that could be brought to bear and given the work btw LTT and Floatplane, I do think that giving your everything to at least considering this problem in particular would be significant if not transformative to the space. It is valuable as a problem because of your unique position to consider it where no other organization can but is certainly shared amongst your peers. 

This is where the rules of the game are written.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I've recently tried ting with the https://ting.com/?lpn=linus referral link, well come to find out I never got credited.  Contacted ting, they're saying it's for internet or it's old.  I guess I'm trying to see if there's a new ting affiliate link or if ltt doesn't do ting anymore.  It's weird because if you use the link it says here's $25 to use ting but then you never get it. Not that it's old or doesn't work. Any info would be nice thank you. 

9 hours ago, Steveo2437 said:

Hello I've recently tried ting with the https://ting.com/?lpn=linus referral link, well come to find out I never got credited.  Contacted ting, they're saying it's for internet or it's old.  I guess I'm trying to see if there's a new ting affiliate link or if ltt doesn't do ting anymore.  It's weird because if you use the link it says here's $25 to use ting but then you never get it. Not that it's old or doesn't work. Any info would be nice thank you. 

Hey there, that link is likely expired. For future reference, here's a list of our sponsors, affiliates, and partners. https://lmg.gg/partners

• 3 months later...

This video has affiliate links to consoles on Aliexpress with pirated games on them. I am not sure if LMG wants to be affiliated with promoting and profiting from the sale of unlicensed software...

• 2 months later...
On 7/21/2023 at 9:11 PM, Pascal Parvex said:

This video has affiliate links to consoles on Aliexpress with pirated games on them. I am not sure if LMG wants to be affiliated with promoting and profiting from the sale of unlicensed software...

eh its fine who hasnt pirated

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!

On 3/17/2023 at 2:37 PM, LogicalDrm said:

wait you can tag?

Edit: sorry for the ping i did not realise that was from March...

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

• 3 months later...

Dear god is the wicked cushions sponsor spot hard to watch talking about headphone juice with the swallow sound. Ugh 

Intel i5 6600k

Powercolor AMD R9 390

• 1 month later...

hey, do we have a backblaze discount somewhere in the affiliate links?

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019 & now 2024-onwards) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

also note as per the latest typing test on my laptop, my accuracy is 69%

I'm not weird/creepy, I'm just observant I have ADHD and am not on any meds for it.