You might be able to play PS4 exclusives on your PC pretty soon

Nineshadow

PS Now is a subscription service which allows you to stream PlayStation games to your PC (or your PS3 and PS4). Right now, a monthly fee gets you access to over 400 PS2 and PS3 titles – with many exclusives among them – but soon it'll boast an unspecified number of PS4 games, too.

This is good news for anyone keen to play any of the high profile PS4-exclusives in the console's catalogue: Uncharted 4, Nioh, Horizon Zero Dawn and um, Knack, count among them. Sony hasn't confirmed which games will feature in the PS Now selection, nor whether they'll necessarily be exclusives, but given the service's history they'll likely make it there eventually. Currently, the best reason to subscribe is access to Red Dead Redemption on PC.

Source: pcgamer

Oh man, maybe I won't need to buy a PS4 to play Bloodborne after all.

Also, this is a pretty interesting move against Xbox Game Pass, which similarly gives you access to quite a lot of games for a monthly fee. Up until now, PS Now was mainly used for backwards compatibility, but now it will also give you a larger array of games to play for the PS4. Pretty ok I guess.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

But it will kill your net pack.

Please quote me so that I know that you have replied unless it is my own topic.

2 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

I think you will still need a ps4. Correct me if I'm wrong but this looks like steam streaming

No. This is game streaming like Geforce Now.

Don't expect any major first party Sony games on it though, like Horizon or Bloodborne. Killzone 1/2/3 and a bunch of other top first party games never made it from the PS2/PS3 Era and I see no reason to think the start of the PS4 Era will be any different.

If I need to buy a PS4 for this, then no dice.

If not, shut up, take my money, and give me Days Gone.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

2 minutes ago, Sniperfox47 said:

No. This is game streaming like Geforce Now.

Don't expect any major first party Sony games on it though, like Horizon or Bloodborne. Killzone 1/2/3 and a bunch of other top first party games never made it from the PS2/PS3 Era and I see no reason to think the start of the PS4 Era will be any different.

As a former ps4 owner it will be a hard sell to get me to pay for the ps subscription, again 

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

4 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

I already have more games than I can play. I assume the port is pretty shitty then?

It's not a port. It's game streaming. The game is being run by a "virtual cloud ps4" on Sony's servers and streamed to your PC or PS4 (or Sony smartphone or Sony smart TV). You're literally just playing the PS4 game on your PC. And it requires you to use a dualshock 4 controller either wired to your PC or with the special wireless adapter they sell.

4 minutes ago, Sniperfox47 said:

It's not a port. It's game streaming. The game is being run by a "virtual cloud ps4" on Sony's servers and streamed to your PC or PS4 (or Sony smartphone or Sony smart TV). You're literally just playing the PS4 game on your PC. And it requires you to use a dualshock 4 controller either wired to your PC or with the special wireless adapter they sell.

So it will look like complete arse, artifacts out of the wazoo, and input lag will put a roundtrip to the moon and back to shame.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

5 minutes ago, Sniperfox47 said:

thanks for clarification!

Total bullshit this service in my eyes. I don't see it getting popular.

1 minute ago, Urishima said:

So it will look like complete arse, artifacts out of the wazoo, and input lag will put a roundtrip to the moon and back to shame.

It's actually not too bad on PS2/PS3 games in my experience as long as you have a decent internet connection.

I dont understand how the OP made a more clickbait title than the one in the article, that takes some legit effort.

3 hours ago, Nineshadow said:

Oh man, maybe I won't need to buy a PS4 to play Bloodborne after all.

I don't think bloodborne is the kind of game you want to play with latency

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The issueI find with this, is that since it's streaming,  yourGPU really isn't rendering things,  so graphics won't be much better than PS3-4 games are on their native system, a well as potential lag issues.

Not really worth it for Gran Turismo and Last of Us.

Hmmm I might be tempted to at least give it a shot. Depending on what games really do end up coming to it. The reviewer thst tried it said it was decent. Plus the subscription model is nice if it's single player games. Pay the small fee, beat the game, done. 

3 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

As a former ps4 owner it will be a hard sell to get me to pay for the ps subscription, again 

Yeah that $4/month is a killer... 

2 hours ago, Xenift said:

I dont understand how the OP made a more clickbait title than the one in the article, that takes some legit effort.

It's not really clickbait. It's true. 

Plus he used the word might. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Just now, dizmo said:

Hmmm I might be tempted to at least give it a shot. Depending on what games really do end up coming to it. The reviewer thst tried it said it was decent. Plus the subscription model is nice if it's single player games. Pay the small fee, beat the game, done. 

It's not really clickbait. It's true. 

Plus he used the word might. 

Well, a title doesn't need to be true to be clickbait xD.

He escalated the story and made the story more clickable by providing a still true but more interesting title - more like it :>

41 minutes ago, Sauron said:

I don't think bloodborne is the kind of game you want to play with latency

True. Still, I doubt it will even be featured on PS Now. There's always a chance though ?. Nevertheless, I think I'll end up playing it at a friend of mine after all.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Game streaming only works in two situations:

1. You rent data center grade line and you live next door to the server

2. In the crazy dream of the guy invented game streaming, which pigs lay eggs and speak 16 languages

If it is half decent i would totally try it out for uncharted

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

The next consoles will be playstation amd xbox branded graphics card that you put in your pc for exclusives

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

so basically i'll be able to play bloodborne at 30fps with extra latency cause streaming.

Go home sony, you drunk

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

8 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

If I need to buy a PS4 for this, then no dice.

If not, shut up, take my money, and give me Days Gone.

That's probably not going to be out to play natively on PS4 for at least a year, so don't hold your breath on streaming it for a while.

7 hours ago, dizmo said:

In nz it's over 10 a month and service is shit

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_